Piedmont Athens Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Not what it seems
Prior HIM employee casualty of Epic (Former Employee) –  Medical recordsAugust 9, 2019
They promote being a loyal employee but if your department goes to reduction in force causing lay off don't believe their hype about "easily finding a job" at any of their locations. Supposably because you're a prior employee in good standing your resume gets higher viewing by recruitment. Bologna! The person who heads up Athens Revenue Cycle department basically tells you what you want to hear but is not proactive in keeping good employees & it trickles down in management. Bottom line: Keep looking if you want a fulfilling career with longevity in employment.
Pros
Nice parking deck
Cons
False transparency
No longer one of Athens best employers!
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAAugust 6, 2019
Athens Regional has steadily gotten to be a poor employer, and that trend has only accelerated since being acquired by Piedmont. Benefits get more expensive every year, wages are stagnant, which constitutes a type of wage theft. No matter what Piedmont says, they do not value the input of their employees, there is a growing culture of keeping silent to keep your job. Non-clinical, support services positions will never be as valued as other employees.
Good enough
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJuly 24, 2019
On most days Piedmont is a pretty good place to work, but it often struggles with bureaucracy. Especially in HR, they run the whole organization, and set a very negative tone. The organization is still struggling to define itself as a 11 hospital system rather than a Atlanta based hospital.
Certified Central Sterile Technician (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJuly 18, 2019
Overall Piedmont Athens Regional is a good place to work. I wont lie and say its perfect, it does have its downsides. Management listens to your complaints.
okay
Medical Assistant (NHA) (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJuly 10, 2019
This place was okay to work for, I do not know how it will be now as there is new management. I have heard good and bad thing. It is what you make it.
Was a fair minded and positive attitude organization to work with.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAApril 30, 2019
Would recommend taking courses to be accomplished in the position you apply to. Understanding of the job. The hospital has a comprehensive job training time line to be able to handle the positions.
Pros
Program to gain time off for personal business.
Great meals
RN (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAApril 16, 2019
Typical hospital work. Long days with continuous work to occupy every moment of your time. There a lot of nursing clubs to join. The new computer seems to be interesting.
Pros
great meals, CEU presentations
Cons
did not move minorities into new jobs as freely as other people
Fulfilling career
Staff Radiographer (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAFebruary 25, 2019
My career at PAR has been extremely fulfilling. I have furthered my education and have decided to make a change in my career path. My career at PAR has been extremely fulfilling.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Pulmonary Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAFebruary 10, 2019
The weekend staff were like family. An awesome set of people whom you enjoy being around and working together. The job was awesome until the job description changed. one of the greatest assets of working at Piedmont Athens Regional is helping people as well as making a difference in their life.
Pros
Pay well
Cons
job description changed.
Job Easy, But Underpaid, Management Sucks(Security)
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJanuary 13, 2019
Management will hire people with no experience and come in making more money. You have to be a suck up to advance. If you don't suck up they will try to find reason to fire you and human resource will back management. For the amount of dangerous patients and criminals they deal with, they do not make enough money. If you have a degree they will not pay you for it. The department is like a revolving door because of poor management. You do not get an uninterrupted lunch break which is law that you have one, but they don't follow that law.
Pros
Easy Job
Cons
Awful Management
See review
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJanuary 2, 2019
Productive and a lot of changes due to buy out with Athens Regional and Piedmont. Started out Monday - Wednesday in the float pool and then Piedmont bought out Athens Regional Hospital and made changes.
Pros
worked 12 hrs/ 3 days; off 4 per week
Enjoyable Work Environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 3, 2018
Piedmont Athens Regional has an enjoyable working atmosphere! The healthcare organization provides opportunities for role advancement, as well as skill enhancement.
Great Medical Facility
Health Information Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Athens GeorgiaNovember 29, 2018
Athens Regional Medical Center wasa great place to work. They have competitve pay rates and a very nice benefit package. I only left to pursue other opportunities.
productive
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAOctober 28, 2018
Work is almost always available. Overtime is usually available. Always new opportunities to learn. Not the easiest job in the world but very rewarding.
Great employees and functional workload
Senior EEG Technologist and Neuro Lab Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAOctober 18, 2018
Enjoyed my time at Athens Regional. Staff in my department were great to work with and worked well as a team to do what was always necessary to take care of our patients.
Hospital Outpatient Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAOctober 18, 2018
Social workers are respected, lots of good work with patients/clients. This is a great learning environment for continued education. Would recommend to anyone going into the medical field.
Piedmont Athens Regional should be open minded to fresh new ideas from new employees companies grow that way
PCT/ SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Pediatrics/ RadiologySeptember 6, 2018
I enjoyed working for Piedmont Athens Regional when it came to certain coworkers that were dedicated as I to working as a team, but those days were very few. Most days I felt like I did both jobs even when I was scheduled to work as a certain job title on particular days. To passing trays to each inpatient and outpatient, picking up trays,answering call lights etc.Management can write so many things in black and white as things being a group effort and being open to ideas,but those things rarely happened. I spoke of an idea to how my break wouldn't keep being overlooked which fell upon me getting terminated because management felt it was behavioral issues with me when to me and others that also work in this very department understood my reason for being vocal about us not getting a break when others did. I see it as me being the only employee due in @ 7am why shouldn't I be the first to have a break when its time to especially when other coworkers could come in after me and get a break before me screams of unfairness. I stand for something and will not fall for anything
Usuallt a very busy but productive day
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Athens, GASeptember 5, 2018
I am reflecting on the fulltime employment and it was a great experience for me. I learned a lot. I worked my way up from 2nd shift Secretary to Front Office Manager over 4 different shifts, 15 employees.

I had great support from Directors and Administrations to create a much better workflow in the Radiology Department for everyone.

The part time experience was good but I was really over qualified. It was for extra money.
Pros
Flexibility, Great Management, Mature Working Environment
Cons
Alot of heavy lifting
Great place to work.
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAAugust 28, 2018
Enjoyed working for Athens Regional and the many opportunities present . Many opportunities to provide cost and safety feedback. A diverse company with community focus.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Limited education opportunities
Fast and caring work place
STAFFING SPECIALIST/ MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJuly 30, 2018
Great place to work for. Slow to advance or increase pay. Long hrs to work. Not family friendly since I have to work every weekend. Management is always trying to accommodate better work environment as they could but it’s hard for them sometimes. Pay could be better as well as insensitive.
Pros
Encouraging
Cons
No advancement