Piedmont Geriatric Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
This Place is terrible
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burkeville, VAApril 25, 2018
This Place is horrible to work. The residents are great, the staff are horrible. Everyone is in a little clique and when you start your shunned for being a newbie.
Pros
Benefits, residents
Cons
Everything else
Positive place to work
Administrative Office Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Southwest VirginiaMarch 8, 2018
This is a mental health facility. What I find most enjoyable about this facility is its caring staff and a family type atmosphere among its workers. This very unique.
Pros
Caring staff
Cons
Low pay
i enjoyed working there
Transportation (Former Employee) –  Burkeville, VAJanuary 4, 2018
on a typical day I enjoyed working there.I learned how to work with syke patients, management was getting better,hardest part of my job was adjusting to the many different times of clocking in,the most enjoyable part was my co workers
Pros
getting to know who you work with
Cons
knowing who you work with
State job
Direct Support Associate/CNA (Current Employee) –  Burkesville, vaNovember 23, 2017
A lot of work can be done to make this place a great place to work, the lack of staff and low pay is causing a downfall in staff staying. The benefits are ok. The 12 hours are hard to do sometimes, but you can get all the Ot that you want
it is a very stressful work place.
Direct Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Nottoway, VAOctober 18, 2017
This job offers excellent benefits,it is very fast pace at times, and the hours are stressful, cuts out time in life to work a second job, and hours sometimes takes over a regular sleeping pattern.
It was steady employment
Food Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Burkeville, VAJuly 20, 2017
You had job security but raises weren't very often. Staff and management kept changing often so it was difficult to get new ideas into place. Loved working with clients.
Decent experience
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Burkeville, VAJuly 18, 2017
Upper management was decent. Fellow employees were a blast to work with. Customer experience was excellent I loved the customers and im always willing to help.
State job-minimum pay
Medical Records Technician/Clerk (Current Employee) –  Burkeville, VAJuly 8, 2017
Piedmont Geriatric Hospital is a great place to work, but the pay is not to my satisfaction. The pay is too low for the experience I have and there isn't room for advancement in the medical records department. The benefits/Health insurance is great, but with the economy changing so drasticly in today's world I need to be making more an hour that what I currently make.
n/a
Recreation Therapist (Former Employee) –  Burkeville, VAMay 24, 2017
I really enjoyed my department and the patients. The culture of the hospital overall is very loving and friendly. We took pride in treating our patients like family!
Overall pleasant work environment
LPN (Current Employee) –  Burkeville, VAApril 12, 2017
I would recommend this to anyone. Hospital is clean. flex schedules allow you to have different days off. LPNS are primarily med nurses. They function in all capacities.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Long hrs
Profession was respected by the staff.
Recreational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Burkeville, VAApril 5, 2017
The staff was great to work with. The patients were willing to participate in planned activities and always enjoyed themselves. The workload was very manageable.
Rehabilitiation Department
Lead Music Therapist (Former Employee) –  Burkeville, VAMarch 24, 2017
The opportunity to work with so many different mental diagnosis was a great learning experience. Working collaboratively with all disciplines from Psychiatrists, Social Workers, to Nurses gives you an all encompassing look at what it takes to work to meet the patient's goals and objectives.
worst place to work
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burkeville, VADecember 20, 2016
This is the worst place to work, always working short, always mandating to stay over, patients treated bad, awful pay for the things you have to put up with. Haven't had a raise in years. EVERYBODY is leaving for some odd reason. Needs to be shut down
benefits
Cons
mandatory overtime every day/weekend, very low pay, unprofessional administrative staff
Lpn
LPN Floor Nurse (Current Employee) –  Crewe, VANovember 16, 2016
Medication pass
Treatments
one to one with patients
patient teachings
taking off doctors orders
my floor works as a team
Pros
Enjoyable co workers
Cons
work schedule is always short
Enjoyable Part Of My Job
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Burkeville, VAMay 13, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is the patients. When I get to work I am greeted by them and I greet them back. I help them with their ADL care and any help they may need. I love talking to them. My patients are very interesting and funny. They tell me jokes and stories of their lives. I work on an Alzheimer's and Dementia Unit.
"The Piedmont Way"
LPN (Former Employee) –  Burkeville, VAJanuary 15, 2016
Being here for 7 weeks, I heard the phrase, "we do things the Piedmont way." I finally understood this to mean no incident reports wanted, no physical assessments required and come in if you're sick (with a fever). I adored my patients and wished to make a difference for THEM...which was not "The Piedmont Way".
Pros
Patients
Cons
Management and cliques
A pleasant Job.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burkeville, VAJanuary 6, 2016
As a certifided nursing assistant I assist patients with their activities of daily living. I've learned that not all people are capable of taking care of others. The most enjoyable part of my job would be getting to know my patients. Also getting along with my co-workers.
this enironment is a good place to be employed with a few cons
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burkeville, VADecember 26, 2015
The job duities arent hard infact I love what I do. But the behavior we p[ut up with the pay doesnt makle up for that. The benefits are awesome
Pros
good group of coworkers
Cons
pay rate
Great Supervisor
Social Work Intern (Current Employee) –  Burkeville, VAOctober 27, 2014
As a student intern, I had the most wonderful learning experience anyone could want; so much that I have remained on as a volunteer until I can find employment. My supervisor is supportive and pushes students to learn all they can.
gross
food service technician (Former Employee) –  burkevilleJune 15, 2014
I must say the job is very easy and the people you work with make it hard. the food patients are served could be way better in a my life this is the first place Ive seen that uses pre-cooked/fully food. never freshly made but theyre not equipped to. when going on halls the tones and attitudes nurses have towards but patients at times are awful. the cleanliness could be way better. better and more smell efficient and more priceful things (though I know its a budget) could be used I believe. in my opinion if I absolutely had to I still wouldn't put my family in here. my most enjoyable part of the job is going home, the gossip spreading and rumors hear are ridiculous, KEEP YOUR BUSINESS TO YOURSELF BECAUSE SOMEONE WILL TAKE IT AND RUN WITH IT IF YOU PUT IT OUT IN THE OPEN. EVERYONE DOES SEEM TO GET ALONG HERE BUT DO KNOW THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT YOU BEHIND YOUR BACK. In all my experience it was the easiest job in food service but the worst. Just pray you get through the day with the attitudes of management and laziness of co-workers. extremely frustrating
Pros
time earned and recieved
Cons
benefits, supervisors & manager attitudes