Piedmont Medical Center Employee Reviews

Stressful environment with little input into improvements
Bench Technologist - PRN (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCAugust 13, 2018
I would not wish to reenter the workforce in the clinical laboratory nor would I recommend doing so to anyone. Improvements were needed in the general laboratory as to specimen processing. This was recognized by numerous individuals but, in spite of recommendations, was never accomplished.

Degreed personnel were expected to rotate through a position in specimen processing that should and could have been filled by lesser expensive hires.
August 14, 2018

Thank you for reaching out. We appreciate your honest feedback and will discuss your issues with management.

Productive & Busy Work Environment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 4, 2018
Fast paced work environment, needing to multi task and deliver efficient costumer service. Safe and supportive lab environment with friendly staff and management.
August 5, 2018

We appreciate this feedback. We're thrilled to hear you're so happy in your role.

Life skills, being a sectery and nurse tech
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJuly 17, 2018
I worked for pmc for 12 years. I was hired as a nurse tech to take care of patients. From there I was advanced to do moniter tech which in tells watching pt heart rates and rythms. I them was advanced to the unit sectery.
Pros
making good friends
Cons
shifts to long
July 18, 2018

Thank you for this feedback! We're glad your role helped you develop professionally.

Interesting location to work during my career at Tenet
Director of Laboratory Services at Tenet (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJuly 17, 2018
Very busy facility and the only facility in the community, It was easy to find staffing and quality was excellent in the laboratory that was CAP accredited.
Pros
nice location
Cons
very little teamwork
July 18, 2018

Thank you for your review. Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Piedmont Medical Center's success. Is there anything we could have done to make your time at Piedmont a five star experience?

wasnt impressed with working there
Certified Surgical technologist (Former Employee) –  rockhilll scJuly 10, 2018
management is the downfall for piedmont. the nurse manager I had lied all the time to get employees fired or would find a reason to write people up or fire you so she could get the employees she wanted on her surgical group
July 12, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. We will discuss with leadership immediately.

You have no chance here unless you are in the "click".
Emergency Department Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJuly 5, 2018
If you are not in the "click" you have no chance here, they will get you out. Management gives little chances to employees with drive, they most likely are threatened of anyone who actually cares. With a management change starting with the ED director the ED may have a chance.
July 7, 2018

Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAJune 23, 2018
A typical day can be very pleasant at Piedmont according to who is in charge that day, if a charge nurse is in control you will have an alright day. Therefore if the nurse manager is in charge, every thing goes haywire, you are being ruled with an iron fist. I would not recommend this place to anyone. Poor manager with no prior training of larger staff. Turnover rate is EXTREMELY, EXTREMELY HIGH.Once a new contract worker or a new hire joins, they are ready to leave in the same month.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
short breaks, micro management
June 25, 2018

Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Piedmont's success. As we are always looking to improve as both a company and employer, we recommend open communication with your direct manager.

Great place to work but unstable in management
Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJune 18, 2018
I enjoyed working at Piedmont. Great atmosphere but the organization has poor leadership at the top. The benefits are great with stock options. I would love to have retired here.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Leadership should change. The CEO should be changed so the company can grow and compete.
June 20, 2018

Thank you for your review!At Piedmont Hospital, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

Fast pace and under staff
NA II (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 29, 2018
It was an pleasure working with Piedmont Medical Center however working under staff can easily burn a person out. The majority of staff were very friendly and willing to help.
May 31, 2018

We appreciate this feedback. Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Piedmont Medical Center's success.

Didn't like working here
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMay 29, 2018
I worked here for 10 months when I was a student. The employees are disgruntled and not happy. It was a depressing place to work. I took another job as soon as I graduated.
May 30, 2018

We are very sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concerns.

Productive and fun place to work.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMay 28, 2018
It has its slow but busy times. It depends on the time of day and what day it is. Sometimes you get to take a break half way through your shift and sometimes you have to take it when you can get it.
May 30, 2018

not good
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCApril 4, 2018
NOt a good place to work low pay and management is a joke they run out of supplies on the weekends the nurse will not help they complain about having to help
Pros
managment low pay no help
Cons
just a check
April 6, 2018

Thank you for leaving an honest review about Piedmont's Medical Center's management. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times.
We’re also sorry to hear you are dissatisfied with the pay offered. We do think of our employees as our greatest asset and are always looking to improve our offerings.

Excellent Place to Work
Nurse Informatics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMarch 30, 2018
I worked at Piedmont Medical Center for over fifteen years. They provided me opportunities to grow and fulfill my education goals!! Nursing itself is a difficult career in the hospital setting due to the overwhelming amount of stress in the direct care giver role; Piedmont and the staff made the work experience less stressful!!!
April 1, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. We’re glad your role helped you develop professionally.

Routes
Senior Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMarch 28, 2018
Assure safety of patients and RN while working on mental health floor. Continuious rounds of patient to know their whereabouts. Communicate with RN to give updates on patient behaviors.
Pros
Put smiling faces on the participants face
Cons
travel at night
March 29, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Piedmont Medical Center's success.

Awesome place to work
Data Processing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMarch 21, 2018
I love it. The people are wonderful.
My schedule is so flexible for my part- time position.

I love my supervisors. Everyone is so helpful and encouraging.

The hardest part of my job is not being able to do it full time..
March 23, 2018

A Good Place to work and live!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMarch 14, 2018
This is a good facility! There are many good people to work with. The only problem is not a lot of opportunity for advancement. If you are satisfied with what you are hired for then this is an excellent place for you!
Pros
Good People, good community
Cons
Lack of opportunity to advance
March 16, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We believe that our employees are our greatest asset and are always looking to improve our offerings.

Not a great place to work
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMarch 12, 2018
Typical day:
Clock in and "hang out" until the supervisor told you who to relieve for lunch or dinner or who to go home.
Eventually one would wind up in surgery, or the Emergency Room, or on portables, or just working in the main radiology department.
Pros
The co-workers were friendly, the work environment was comfortable, the cafeteria had very good food
Cons
the manager of imaging was horrible and caused a mass exodus of workers
March 13, 2018

Thank you for leaving an honest review about Piedmont Medical Center. We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern.

only part time job. okay 45% ofthe time
Material Management/Inventory Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill SCMarch 8, 2018
Upper management is not interested in suggestions for improvements. They seem to only want to discuss what they perceive as a problem and not what may improve the workload or worker morale. Also there seems to be a lot of turn over in the management every 2 years.
March 9, 2018

Thank you for leaving an honest review about Piedmont Medical Center's management. We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern.

Rn
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMarch 7, 2018
Bedside RN. Normal bedside nurse duties, IVs, meds, treatments, dressings, and charting. My most enjoyable part of my job was the patients and staff..
March 9, 2018

We appreciate your feedback. At Piedmont Medical Center, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

horrible management
Supervisor admitting representatives (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMarch 4, 2018
This facility (conifer patient access) has the worst management I have ever seen. I worked for Conifer/Tenet 9 years before transferring and it was the worst mistake ever. favoritism, retaliation is always happening at this facility. Upper management and current management are best friends so there is no change of command with an accurate result.
Pros
Great co-workers, nurses and doctors
Cons
horrible mangement
March 6, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Piedmont Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight