Piedmont Plastics Employee Reviews

My experience
Inside Sales / Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CASeptember 18, 2018
The owner is great, very reasonable and kind person, genuinely cares about his employees. The organization as a whole is the best in the industry, training is always available, targets are reasonable, and many branches seem to be extremely happy. In my experience managers are not disciplined on being unprofessional but are slapped on the wrist and continue to be A-holes, they ignore the hierarchy and act with impunity. They would rather prove a point at the cost of a customer not getting service or product...unprofessional.

The local branch that I was at has some serious problems. The sense of teamwork is absent and the attitudes are very nasty. Some of the hardest people to work with. The local team couldn't seem to unite behind a leader, there was no vision for the future or sense of accomplishment given to the team. I suggested to upper management a book be read by managers called the no A-hole rule but most likely this will fall by the wayside.

I gave a two week notice and resigned but i never got an exit interview so i assume the manager was dishonest and said i was fired also i was told to leave immediately and was watched like i was a criminal, i wasn't allowed to email HR or use the computer but told to leave... unprofessional.

So in summary if you get with this company it can be a great blessing, but there are some bad apples that can ruin it. if you end up at a location like that, don't stay and think you can change things just pack up and go somewhere you are appreciated.
Pros
Customers are good friends
Cons
Could be stuck with incompetent bosses at the local level
Fabrication Manager (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COSeptember 6, 2018
Good company to be with since they like to promote from within.
47 locations with over 700 people employed
Management uses a family style approach to address workers
Pros
Training is excellent
Cons
PTO time off
Employees were appreciated
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLAugust 26, 2018
Each office is under a Manager's supervision. The Office in Pompano did not like confrontation of any kind. It was never addressed.

Reaffirmed that I am gifted with interacting with the public,clients, vendors or staff. Had no real issues with management.

Work culture had an air of fun to it, but the staff had been together for over 20 yrs and it felt uncomfortable trying to fit in.

There was always a lot of food. That could be a pro or con.
Pros
Free Lunches on occassion. Christmas barbeque
Cons
Confrontations went with out check.
Ok place to work
Lead Thermoformer (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJune 25, 2018
For the most, I loved what I did for 15 years at Piedmont Plastics it was somewhat good place to go to work for with some good people that still work there.
Pros
good vacation time off
Cons
hot wharehouse in summer
great company
INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 5, 2018
The company as a whole is a very good and stable place to work.
Benefits are very good.
Superior training.
Good product offering
Good stock for customer needs
Typical day is answering incoming phone calls, taking care of walk in customers.
Reaching out via phone email to customers for orders and quotes.
Great place to work except the pay
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Ware Shoals, SCFebruary 6, 2018
This was an excellent job as far as the work is concerned. The main complaint I have is the pay. Not a place to come off raises quickly even if knowledge for raise is gained.
Pros
Good work environment and learning opportunity
Cons
Poor pay and benefits
Great company overall, but Branch is not
Branch Administrator (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 2, 2018
Piedmont is a great company to work for, but major changes in management style in the last couple of years has made it hard for some coworkers to adjust to the new ways.
Pros
Great health benefits, Pto
Cons
No flexible hours, constant interruptions while working
family environment
Marketing Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 23, 2018
everyone is so friendly and supportive of each other's work. the company succeeds consistently and has a great business model. I would recommend anyone for a job a Piedmont. They have handfuls of people who have been there 20+ years, and that is a sign of a good organization!
good place to be
Certified Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJanuary 5, 2018
The staff is great and there is opportunity to work your way up.
the benefits are good and the company is well established. You are able to learn a lot of different skills and work with the public quite a bit.
Pros
Great staff
Great company overall Management sucks
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 24, 2017
Orders usually are given out early to see what the work load looks like for the day. Site manager comes out and talks utter nonsene. Always trying to change the way to work for the day. Has no peoples skill. Co workers are great.
Pros
Lunch in are great, co workers are awesome
Cons
site manager has no clue what he is doing
Beneficial Work Expirence
Internship (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 5, 2017
My Internship Expirence spent at Piedmont Plastics was short but has benefitted for long terms. I grew expirence on Media Design and a compliant Customer Service based apon the companies eligibilty from my work output.
Fast paced work place
Warehouse Helper (Former Employee) –  Cranberry, PANovember 1, 2017
Typical day at work was picking, packing, unloading & loading trucks, material movement, scanning, shipping, receiving
Driving forklift & running C & C

Hardest part of the job was inventory control
i dont want to discuss
CNC Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 14, 2017
just normal everyday stuff an i dont want to discuss my job at all work place not fun pay is not cool mangemet have there favorites been here 4 years an ready for something new
Cons
Great place to work, no complaints!
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 17, 2017
A typical day at work was very enjoyable as long as you're okay with being on your feet and moving most of the day. Orders would come in and products would be manufactured then shipped and processed and that process would repeat throughout the day. Other tasks such as maintaining a clean work environment, etc etc. Overall the job itself was good for financial stability and regular hours.
Pros
Free lunch somedays, great co-workers, wonderful management
Great Company
Account Manager/Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 21, 2017
A growing company that was very busy. I had the opportunity to advance in the company and learned management skills and well as improving time management skills. I was very successful at this company but found that my passion was in accounting rather than supervision. The people were great and we did have fun times around the holidays.
Pros
Free Lunches when we had a good month in profit.
Cons
67 hours/week was to long, did not have enough time with family.
Excellent place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 5, 2017
This is a great plastic manufacturing company with good benefits and business is good. The people are great. I loved my job but the hours I put in (60 hours/week) was to much for me. I did enjoy the monthly luncheons they provided.
Pros
Monthly Meals for Safety and Good Jobs
Cons
Worked to many hours - 60 hours/week
Great place to work,great co-workers
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILNovember 15, 2016
Was a great place to work,family type atmosphere.Everyone help each other out.I started as just 1 person in shipping and quickly grew us into a crew of 5 becoming the warehouse manager. Management always created new position for me so they could give me another promotion. Hardest part was keeping up with supplies, best part was, no matter how hard the day was going to be,
Pros
lived a block away, great benefits
Cons
new management with no experience in plastics
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 5, 2016
Nice hours and great equipment. Great people to work with and management treated employees well. Company paid for lunches and dinners. Great location.
Average job perfect for work experience while attending school.
Lead Machinist (Former Employee) –  La Vergne, TNOctober 6, 2015
Learn a lot about the work environment. Learn how to interact with customers and sales staff on an efficient level. Not a lot of room for growth.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Poor managment, no growth postential
Great
warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Greensboro,NCMarch 26, 2015
There was nothing to hard at this job because the job and the environment was great and i enjoyed my days there. My co-worker helped me learn the job and were everything was. The only hard part of this job was just learning your on cover so that it was easier for you to do the job but I love everything about this job. Would go back if I was still living in Greensboro.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Piedmont Plastics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2