Piedmont Urgent Care by WellStreet Employee Reviews

Ridiculous expectations
Revenue Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 7, 2019
This is a very small company with no privacy whatsoever. Employees are allowed to talk to one another any kind of way. Your job description is broad and vague on purpose because they expect you to do everything with a smile on your face. They don't pay ver well and you aren't allowed to work OT. The executives are paid VERY well and spend money like water. If you're part of the general staff, good luck! The Healthcare benefits are HORRIBLE! You only get 2 weeks PTO whether you've worked there for one year or ten, and no, not everyone gets a bonus. certain people come and go and do just enough to get by and are treated like an absolute asset to the company. No one stays. We literally just had 5 people in the corporate office leave.
Pros
Cons
Pto, Salary, Benefits, High Turnover
Definitely wouldn’t recommend this place unless you’re just the need and willing to take anything
Medical Assistant (CSR)- Back Office (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAFebruary 25, 2019
The manager makes up new rules every day. Theyre not consistent, they only want follow the rule book when they are overwhelmed. They tell you it’s OK to do one thing and then turn around and pretend like they never told me that and write you up. Honestly the only good thing about working here is that you only work three days a week so if you have a little ones you’re able to make appointments for them without calling out.
Pros
you only work three days a week
Cons
The managers suck and overall all they care about is the money not the patients or the employees
Typical busy urgent care
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 19, 2018
Flexible schedule, ideal if you are looking to work and go to school. See a variety of patients, shoot x-rays, sutures, upper respiratory issues. fast paced at times few down times.
Pros
3 day work week
Cons
could be 14 hour days
This place company is the absolute worst.
CSR, Medical Assistant, Team Lead (Current Employee) –  AustellSeptember 2, 2018
I prefer not to participate in this particular portion. Wellstreet is an extremely insensitive company that truly does not care about its employees or patients. Thus company is all about how to make money. The need of the employees & patients are last.
Pros
Cons
Extremely short breaks
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 6, 2018
I like working at Piedmont Urgentcare by Wellstreet. staff is great. Everyone is a team player. Great communication with other location. Company rewards everyone for hard work (bonuses, stipend, company outings, meals and sometimes gas cards)
Pros
OT hours when available, work three days/ off four days, staff, bonus pay
Cons
no breaks
Worst place to Work
Managing Director (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAJanuary 17, 2018
Go elsewhere. This place works you to death with no support. Long hours. No breaks. Work is never evenly distributed. Poor raises
Most skilled workers don't stay there long. Any one who is competent does not stay there.
Pros
No support No lunch
Job advancement
Provider Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 7, 2018
People will knock you down to get ahead with this company. It’s sometimes about who you know as well. Seems the younger folks are getting promoted than the older more experienced folks.
Pros
Free visits to clinics.
Cons
No breaks
Overall not a good place to work. Great docs, great service to patients, horrible management
Clinical Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJanuary 1, 2018
Overall the company can do a lot better. Management is HORRIBLE. Now I will say that some of the management team is ok but overall as a company they are horrible. The PM’s do not fight for their employees at all. No matter how hard you work they don’t care. They will cut you loose at the drop of a hat for no reason or a reason that’s not justifiable. They make you feel like they care but really they don’t. Your just a warm body to work there. The turnover rate is horrendous. No bonuses for Christmas or anything. As hard as the staff works they deserve a bonus. Not just some cookies or treats randomly or cold food on thanksgiving. They should treat their employees better. Management is so unprofessional. They gossip worse than high school kids. Overall the providers I came in contact with were great. It’s mainly upper level that’s the issue. Everybody is not meant to be a manager. Yes I made great money with this company but I worked VERY hard for it. Just not worth the time or sacrifices that were made.
Pros
3 day work week, free visits, great providers overall
Cons
Management, Advancement, Unprofessionalism
Some employees carry all the load while others play on their phones!
Revenue Cycle Employee/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 15, 2017
I worked for this company for almost 4 years. I held three different positions within the company and although at times I did enjoy my job the better I got at my job the more they threw at me. The stress and workload were not worth the perks of pretty good pay and great benefits. Even before I left; all the good employees in the revenue cycle department were jumping ship because of false promises of advancement and false promises of help with their workload. The three best employees in the revenue cycle department no longer work there so I can only imagine how horrible it has become both for the company and for the patients/customers! This company did me dirty in so many ways it is not even worth mentioning. I put so many hours of my personal life and weekend free time into making this company a success and as soon as I couldn't perform the way they wanted me to they let me go! They have some amazing employees and amazing doctors & I hope they realize it before they ALL walk out the door !
Pros
Good benefits-401k, Health Ins, Dental, Hsa, Life Ins
Cons
Unfair workload and under appreciated!
Take your talent and dedication elsewhere!
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta North, GANovember 21, 2017
If you're looking for management experience, this is the place for you. They will throw everything you can imagine at you. You will manage dual locations which mean dual staff, dual budgets, dual operations, dual patient experience! The expectation is to be present for your sites and all of the team, providers and facility needs while also requiring You to do all the marketing (includes strategic planning, even if you have no idea about sales and marketing, also includes you beating the streets to drive patient counts much of your week), all of the recruiting and hiring (have no idea why they have a marketing or recruiting departnent because the managers do everything), and accounting has now thrown some of thier responsibility on management. You are attached to your work cell 12-14hours a day. There is zero support for the managers only constant ask and expectation. Do well, it won't be mentioned. Make a mistake and the threats with a smile will come. The pay is not competitive at all. They do provide a annual bonus but they pay rate is so low it's really not a bonus, just money already earned 10times over. They dont provide management with any perks..no holiday bonus, not even a gift card to publix. Get what you can in experience and leave. They say they care about thier teams but words are cheap and the pay vs the work load is cheaper.
Pros
The patients. The FO training team/manager
Cons
Work load. Support. Pay. Lack of bonus program. Hours. Senior management.
Fast paced, long hours, friendly staff
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GANovember 13, 2017
I enjoy working at Piedmont Urgent Care. I work 12 hour shifts with no lunch break, but I like working with patients. The hardest part about this job is asking patients for a credit or debit card to put on file as a back up in case the insurance doesn't cover their visit.
Pros
Free health visits, helping patients, two weeks paid time off
Cons
Long hours, no lunch break
Not a good company
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 1, 2017
If you want a thankless, unrewarding job then the revenue cycle team is for you. The work environment is filled with unprofessional behavior, gossip and POOR leadership. There is no room for growth unless you’re picked as a “favorite.” No bonuses, cent raises and poor leadership... don’t waste your time. The directors/officers don’t care about the employees and only care about making as much money as possible for the investors. Don’t waste your time going above and beyond for a company that is unwilling to reward (and retain) their employees.
Pros
Usual benefits offered by most companies
Cons
Poor leadership, poor company culture, bad environment
Work Experience varies by Location
Patient Service Representative, Georgia (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 28, 2017
Work experience varies by location. Overall, I think WellStreet has some work to do, but the manager and team at my location are top notch. I like working 12 hour shifts to have more whole days off.
Not a good place to work
Patient Financial Service Rep (Former Employee) –  AtlantaJuly 18, 2017
The management staff is horrible.

The Director of Revenue Management calls people into her office to discuss any issues that they might be having and then discusses what you say with other individuals in the office creating a gossip filled, hostile work environment.

Turnover within the Revenue Cycle team is tremendous, which should speak volumes to their lack of management styles. There have been 4 employees to leave within the past 2 months. One of which walked out after being provoked by lead management staff.

When you have high turnover within the HR department you know something is wrong!
Fast paced
Currently TEAM LEAD(OSHA/HIPPA COMPLIANCE) (Current Employee) –  Milton, GAJuly 7, 2017
its okay to work there. but some providers can be hard to work for.It gets busy at times which is understandable because its an urgent care. Overall okay to work there.
Not Supportive
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2017
Promises growth potential but does not follow through. Will advance you only to set you up for failure. They recognize your weaknesses but not your strengths unless you are in their social group(s).

They over promise but under deliver.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
They have pet employees and if you aren't one of them... Beware
Piedmont Urgent Care by Wellstreet Review
Nationally Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  2292 Peachtree Road NWMarch 6, 2017
This Career offers classes / cross-training opportunities, career advancement opportunities, and flexible schedule opportunities. I have utilized most of what I learned in College, at this career.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Could have better benefits
No room for advancement
Back Office Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 4, 2017
No room for advancement here. Good for young kids to work at while they are in college. Coworkers are fun. 12 hour shifts allows for you to work 3 days a week and be full time already.
fast paced
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 23, 2017
It was run like a mom and pop place. The doctors care about their patients. Very supportive team to work with. No complaints at all.
• Supported doctors to ensure excellent patient care in stressful situations
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austell, GADecember 30, 2016
Pros: 12 hours work day. And some Drs are fun to work with and can learn from. Only obligated to work1 weekend day ( Saturday OR Sunday). Some coworkers are cool.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Piedmont Urgent Care by WellStreet. Our community is ready to answer.

Piedmont Urgent Care by WellStreet Reviews by Location