Piedmont Urgent Care by WellStreet Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Worst place to Work
Managing Director (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAJanuary 17, 2018
Go elsewhere. This place works you to death with no support. Long hours. No breaks. Work is never evenly distributed. Poor raises
Most skilled workers don't stay there long. Any one who is competent does not stay there.
Pros
No support No lunch
Job advancement
Provider Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 7, 2018
People will knock you down to get ahead with this company. It’s sometimes about who you know as well. Seems the younger folks are getting promoted than the older more experienced folks.
Pros
Free visits to clinics.
Cons
No breaks
Overall not a good place to work. Great docs, great service to patients, horrible management
Clinical Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJanuary 1, 2018
Overall the company can do a lot better. Management is HORRIBLE. Now I will say that some of the management team is ok but overall as a company they are horrible. The PM’s do not fight for their employees at all. No matter how hard you work they don’t care. They will cut you loose at the drop of a hat for no reason or a reason that’s not justifiable. They make you feel like they care but really they don’t. Your just a warm body to work there. The turnover rate is horrendous. No bonuses for Christmas or anything. As hard as the staff works they deserve a bonus. Not just some cookies or treats randomly or cold food on thanksgiving. They should treat their employees better. Management is so unprofessional. They gossip worse than high school kids. Overall the providers I came in contact with were great. It’s mainly upper level that’s the issue. Everybody is not meant to be a manager. Yes I made great money with this company but I worked VERY hard for it. Just not worth the time or sacrifices that were made.
Pros
3 day work week, free visits, great providers overall
Cons
Management, Advancement, Unprofessionalism
Some employees carry all the load while others play on their phones!
Revenue Cycle Employee/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 15, 2017
I worked for this company for almost 4 years. I held three different positions within the company and although at times I did enjoy my job the better I got at my job the more they threw at me. The stress and workload were not worth the perks of pretty good pay and great benefits. Even before I left; all the good employees in the revenue cycle department were jumping ship because of false promises of advancement and false promises of help with their workload. The three best employees in the revenue cycle department no longer work there so I can only imagine how horrible it has become both for the company and for the patients/customers! This company did me dirty in so many ways it is not even worth mentioning. I put so many hours of my personal life and weekend free time into making this company a success and as soon as I couldn't perform the way they wanted me to they let me go! They have some amazing employees and amazing doctors & I hope they realize it before they ALL walk out the door !
Pros
Good benefits-401k, Health Ins, Dental, Hsa, Life Ins
Cons
Unfair workload and under appreciated!
Take your talent and dedication elsewhere!
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta North, GANovember 21, 2017
If you're looking for management experience, this is the place for you. They will throw everything you can imagine at you. You will manage dual locations which mean dual staff, dual budgets, dual operations, dual patient experience! The expectation is to be present for your sites and all of the team, providers and facility needs while also requiring You to do all the marketing (includes strategic planning, even if you have no idea about sales and marketing, also includes you beating the streets to drive patient counts much of your week), all of the recruiting and hiring (have no idea why they have a marketing or recruiting departnent because the managers do everything), and accounting has now thrown some of thier responsibility on management. You are attached to your work cell 12-14hours a day. There is zero support for the managers only constant ask and expectation. Do well, it won't be mentioned. Make a mistake and the threats with a smile will come. The pay is not competitive at all. They do provide a annual bonus but they pay rate is so low it's really not a bonus, just money already earned 10times over. They dont provide management with any perks..no holiday bonus, not even a gift card to publix. Get what you can in experience and leave. They say they care about thier teams but words are cheap and the pay vs the work load is cheaper.
Pros
The patients. The FO training team/manager
Cons
Work load. Support. Pay. Lack of bonus program. Hours. Senior management.
Fast paced, long hours, friendly staff
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GANovember 13, 2017
I enjoy working at Piedmont Urgent Care. I work 12 hour shifts with no lunch break, but I like working with patients. The hardest part about this job is asking patients for a credit or debit card to put on file as a back up in case the insurance doesn't cover their visit.
Pros
Free health visits, helping patients, two weeks paid time off
Cons
Long hours, no lunch break
Not a good company
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 1, 2017
If you want a thankless, unrewarding job then the revenue cycle team is for you. The work environment is filled with unprofessional behavior, gossip and POOR leadership. There is no room for growth unless you’re picked as a “favorite.” No bonuses, cent raises and poor leadership... don’t waste your time. The directors/officers don’t care about the employees and only care about making as much money as possible for the investors. Don’t waste your time going above and beyond for a company that is unwilling to reward (and retain) their employees.
Pros
Usual benefits offered by most companies
Cons
Poor leadership, poor company culture, bad environment
Work Experience varies by Location
Patient Service Representative, Georgia (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 28, 2017
Work experience varies by location. Overall, I think WellStreet has some work to do, but the manager and team at my location are top notch. I like working 12 hour shifts to have more whole days off.
Not a good place to work
Patient Financial Service Rep (Former Employee) –  AtlantaJuly 18, 2017
The management staff is horrible.

The Director of Revenue Management calls people into her office to discuss any issues that they might be having and then discusses what you say with other individuals in the office creating a gossip filled, hostile work environment.

Turnover within the Revenue Cycle team is tremendous, which should speak volumes to their lack of management styles. There have been 4 employees to leave within the past 2 months. One of which walked out after being provoked by lead management staff.

When you have high turnover within the HR department you know something is wrong!
Fast paced
Currently TEAM LEAD(OSHA/HIPPA COMPLIANCE) (Current Employee) –  Milton, GAJuly 7, 2017
its okay to work there. but some providers can be hard to work for.It gets busy at times which is understandable because its an urgent care. Overall okay to work there.
Not Supportive
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2017
Promises growth potential but does not follow through. Will advance you only to set you up for failure. They recognize your weaknesses but not your strengths unless you are in their social group(s).

They over promise but under deliver.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
They have pet employees and if you aren't one of them... Beware
Piedmont Urgent Care by Wellstreet Review
Nationally Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  2292 Peachtree Road NWMarch 6, 2017
This Career offers classes / cross-training opportunities, career advancement opportunities, and flexible schedule opportunities. I have utilized most of what I learned in College, at this career.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Could have better benefits
No room for advancement
Back Office Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 4, 2017
No room for advancement here. Good for young kids to work at while they are in college. Coworkers are fun. 12 hour shifts allows for you to work 3 days a week and be full time already.
fast paced
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 23, 2017
It was run like a mom and pop place. The doctors care about their patients. Very supportive team to work with. No complaints at all.
• Supported doctors to ensure excellent patient care in stressful situations
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austell, GADecember 30, 2016
Pros: 12 hours work day. And some Drs are fun to work with and can learn from. Only obligated to work1 weekend day ( Saturday OR Sunday). Some coworkers are cool.
Former Employee
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 19, 2016
I worked at this company a little over a year ago. The management is horrible. If you notice every review on here is written by a manager. Most of the managers will smile in your face and stab you in your back. So be where!!!

They don't care about team work there is no job security, you can be hired one day and fired the next week. Everyone is for the self's. I know my comment will probably be deleted cause it's negative but I hate for people to read all these positive reviews and they aren't true.

You will work like a slave for 12 straight hours 3 long days they will turn around and call you to come in when they need help and then try and butter you up to come in. The managers want show there team work and come in and help. Only one of them would and she is sneaky. If you are good at your job and get moved up she will find a way to sabatosh you so you don't still her shine. She is very inappropriate in meetings yet she is still there. I think her and the RD might be dating not sure. All in all horrible place to work.
Pros
12hour shifts great pay
Cons
Horrible benefits lack of help
Great workplace
Team Lead /CSR/PSR (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAJune 22, 2016
Busy day large volume , they doneed more help. managment was great, my co worker were great Hardest part of the job was High stress sometimes with limit help high demand. I love my job, very rewarding and can be a great place to retire from. Great benefits
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
more nursing and front office support in high volume clinics
Opp. for growth
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 3, 2016
The pay is well for what is req. of us. Great people, just the company is becoming more "estalished", so it makes everyone expendable.
Passionate about delivering exceptional service and quality care
Marketing & Public Relations, Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 28, 2016
An organization that fosters professional growth and encourages their employees to take on new challenges. The most enjoyable part of my job is collaborating with Senior management to increase patient volume and working with my clinical team to improve patient experience. I currently manage our digital strategy, healthcare partnerships, center level marketing efforts, and the operational needs of our second busiest clinic. I have been challenged with tasks where I had very little experience, which was difficult at times, but gave me the opportunity to broaden my professional skill set, delegate tasks, and manage multiple projects. I work with a group of dedicated and hardworking individuals and manage a team that continues to inspire me.
Great culture and Atmosphere
Practice Manager, Recruiting Administrator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 15, 2015
Growing company with a great core values and mission. I have learned the most from the senior leaders who are hands on, but not overbearing. The teams and 8 locations provided experience beyond my years and I love the atmosphere and appreciate the training in my field as well as the knowledge of managing new areas to become an expert.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Piedmont Urgent Care by WellStreet. Our community is ready to answer.

Piedmont Urgent Care by WellStreet Reviews by Location