Pier 1 Imports

Pier 1 Imports insights

Based on 1,041 survey responses
What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

I worked here for a month.

I worked at Pier 1 Imports for a month. I have no ability to judge this store. I didn't like having to push a rewards card or credit card or whatever it was. But otherwise this was just typical retail.

Stay out the way and it’ll pay off in the long run so

It’s cool , but I wish it was more benefits. Management is terrible but just keep your head up and nothing won’t get in your way. Co workers are nice we don’t get much discounts but it’s cool

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Short breaks

Not compensated for the amount of work, managers were absent minded.

Not a place that I would recommend. I didn’t like work environment. The managers would single employees out from time to time and there was little room for advancement

Productive work day

I worked during the COVID-19 outbreak and although things were hard because of the pandemic I’m happy I worked there. The managment and customers were nice and the work day was easy and stress free even when it got busy.

Pros

Productive, fast paced

Great staff

Worked there many years ago as a student. Overall, great company. Good training programs. Fair company discount. Fun and inclusive overall. Would recommend

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Productive and fun !!

Wish they were still open had good and bad moments but was overall fun and good to work in… has its moments and sometimes it was customer related definitely great manager and staff

Fun and exciting place to work

Fun and exciting place to work. There's only so much you can clean straighten or fluff often stood around boredUnfortunately store close down due to Covid.

Pros

Employee discount flexible hours

Cons

He is barely above minimum wage for all that you're asked to do

Good

Good company to work for and positive work environment. Growth opportunities within. Pay is fair. Healthy work life balance. Flexible scheduling for hourly employees.

Okay company, good for students

I worked there while I was in college and the short shifts allowed me to attend school full time however it was a very labor intensive job and the compensation was not worth it.

Fun and exciting

Fun place to work with lots of variety. Opportunity to grow in various departments including visual merchandising. Somewhat physical and active which helped the time pass quickly.

Pros

Employee discount, flexible schedule

Cons

Long retail hours

Loved the product and the unique customers

I am very proud that I had the experience of working for this company. I am far from saying it didn't have its problems, all jobs do, but overall it was a great place to work! I met some of the best people in the world and learned so, so much!. The merchandise was one of a kind and the customers were amazing. I was honored to help so many people decorate their homes for so many special occasions. What fun that was! Unfortunately, the store is no longer in business, I will miss Pier One and it will forever be a part of my heart!

Pros

Great people and product

Cons

Low entry level pay

Horrible management

One of my worst work experiences. Management was horrible. The manager made a dress code where we all had to wear dress’s and high heels. Ridiculous.

Its a fun life of poverty!

Pier 1 was such a great environment, most of the time- like all retail environments, the Manager on Duty's attitude determines the environment: a negative attitude from the person in charge translates to a depressing environment.The pay is beyond terrible: this is a fun side job, that is all: it's a step up from minimum wage. That being the case, it's still a fun place to spend a few hours with coworkers who are usually pretty interesting and like-minded!

Pros

Discounts!

Cons

Pay

Fun place to work.

It was a fun place to work and everyone was really nice. Customers would return and request repeat assistance. I would have continued working there if they hadn't closed the store.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Low pay

Was a great company

Had fun working part time here as a second job. Management worked with me on a schedule that worked with my full time job. Was a great discount and my coworkers were awesome!

Don’t Recommend

Overall not a good experience. The pay is way too low for the amount of work required. Also the scheduling was crazy. You may be required to work any hours between 7 am and 9 pm. So you might go to sleep and have to come right back in the morning to deal with angry customers alllll day. Say goodbye to your weekends as well because you will definitely be working them. Extremely high turnover. Everyone from my training class quit within a year.

Pros

4 weeks PTO

Cons

Everything else, micromanaged, hard KPIs, back to back calls all day

Fast paced at times

Fast paced during holidays, frequent customers. Slow at times but still need to make the money needed. Very little hours and low pay. Sometimes fun if you have good coworkers and management. Furniture is nice but customers get so picky about little things because furniture is so expensive.

Pros

Time goes by fast

Cons

Hours

Fun place to work

I loved working for Pier 1! I enjoyed the product, the customer interaction, and that no two days were ever the same. Very sad to see this company go under.

The good and the bad

I enjoyed it, work always went by fast because of the busy work! I enjoyed working with the people, and how they challenged me- to grow! I enjoyed experiencing the seasons

Awesome Culture and Great Place to Work

Great place to work if you like customer service. This is not a typical retail job where the customers are left to shop on their own. You gain design experience and help customers create tablescapes, mantel displays, and anything else they need for their home. To succeed, you need to have extensive product knowledge to assist customers, but the pay is a bit low to account for everything you are expected to know/do. The culture and people are great, but you may not receive many hours if you are part time.

Pros

employee discount, benefits if full time, great culture

Cons

not many hours if part time, nights and weekends, too much emphasis on credit card openings

Fun Place to work

Really enjoyed my time at Pier 1! Such a fun place to work. The team was great. My manager was amazing. He had no problem with trusting his team to take the lead on some things.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pier 1 Imports. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1K
1K

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss