Pier 1 Imports Employee Reviews

Found 1,997 reviews matching the search See all 2,098 reviews
I loved working here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJuly 13, 2018
I loved working at Pier 1. The manager and assistant managers are amazing and so down to earth. If I could have stayed while working another job and going to school I would have.
Great Place to Design homes for customers
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, ArizonaJuly 13, 2018
4 years in Management. Seems like store managers are always coming and going either for promotions or they quit. Its a great place for older people to get part time hours or students who don't need much hours. They don't promote anyone from within unless its a sales lead. You'll have to wait 10 yrs before your ever offered a store or DM Position. Depending where you go management either does it all or nothing at all. There is alot to learn and much to do. If you love closing shifts this is probably the job for you. Interior design is the most important thing here. If you don't have a nitch for it don't work here. If you don't like opening new credit card accounts and being held accountable for making sales this wouldn't be the job for you. If you love all these things listed you'll enjoy it.
Pros
Great Bonus and incentives
Cons
No room for promotion unless you leave the state.
Enjoyable job where the focus is on the Customer's experience not selling
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 12, 2018
I love working at Pier 1. I love it so much I continue to work here even with getting my career off the ground. I like the flexibility in the hours for part time employees like myself. I had plenty of flexibility while I was still in school, and I still have plenty of flexibility that allows me to stay part time here as well as work my full time career. I love that we are not "SALESMEN". We work as a team to provide our customers with a great shopping experience rather than another furniture store with people who are just trying to sell you something. The customers who come in and want help decorating are my favorite, it is so much fun to play with product in store until you find something that fits their style and makes them happy.
associate-management
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAJuly 11, 2018
must be able to work weekends and be flexible. high turnover. must sell credit cards and grab customer information. knowledge of home decor is a plus and helping design customers homes. Great start for interior designer.
pier 1 is for interior designers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montérégie, QCJuly 11, 2018
I enjoyed working at pier 1, but i thought it was a bit boring. It is mainly focused on your everyday family/ mom to sell candles and needless material to decorate your home with.
Fun retail environment
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJuly 11, 2018
Customer base is varied keeps the days interesting. Small store so everyone gets to know each other well. Fun environment to be a part of. Management has changed drastically over the last few years.
Loved this place! Great place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJuly 10, 2018
This is a wonderful place to work! Great atomosphere. Great employees (at the time) and a AMAZING discount. Hours are short, pay is average but if your looking for something for the summer or during school this is the go to job!
Good Place To Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 10, 2018
I was an employee through the seasonal months of October 2017 - January 2018. L'Oreal, the manager is amazing. She is incredibly kind, thoughtful and tries to work with the employees as much as possible. She makes the work place professional but fun and welcoming.

The training isn't very in depth, and a lot you learn on the job. but the other employees are happy to help you out. There weren't too many hours, and the shifts were a bit short but there aren't many cons.

I love the products, I probably spent too much of my paycheck there! But the employee discount is pretty good!
Pros
employee discount, kind management, welcoming atmosphere
Cons
Short shifts, few shifts
Great managment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 9, 2018
The store manager is amazing at this store. He strives to take care of all his employees, provides detailed instructions and maintains a well organized and clean store.
Decorating Store
Cashier/Sales Associate/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAJuly 9, 2018
Pier 1 Imports is a very fun store to work at. Your get to help people design their rooms or outdoor space. i would recommend this job for anyone that wants to become an interior designer.
Productive team
Assistant Store Manager/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 8, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the day was overseeing the production of a group of hard working employees. I was able to supervise a group of employees that worked as a team in order to accomplish the necessary task at hand.
Pros
Teammates were goal oriented
Cons
pay and benefits were lacking
They take advantage
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 7, 2018
There are no pros for working for this company. They wouldn't care if an employee was shot and bled to death on the sales floor as long as they were making their sales and bringing in money. There are no benefits. They purposely try to pay you less than you are qualified and make it nearly impossible to ever receive a raise above 20 cents a year if you're even lucky enough to get that. All of the management is extremely lazy and only cares about making their bonuses while they run their people ragged. I've worked in several stores in a management position and they are all the same. They undermine you and take advantage in any way they can. It's nearly impossible to get time off.
Great place to work as far as working with the public
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJuly 7, 2018
Enjoy working with the public and feel as though I have a good eye for decorating but most of all can relate to various clientele, all different personalities.
Decent workplace for basic hands on first job
SALES ASSOCIATE/WAREHOUSE (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 6, 2018
Customers are okay. Give them what they want. Follow your leaders, but demonstrate quality work ethic and you may receive upgrades to your work status.
Pros
Basic skill set
Cons
Minimal compensation for manual labor
My experience
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJuly 5, 2018
If you're in management, you have to work alot of hours because workload was usually heary with little hours.
Didn't feel like you had partnerships or inclusive in region due to other SM's who worked there for a long time treated you like an outsider.
Not inclusive environments
Pros
Discount, customers decorating
Cons
pay, hours you had to work to get workliad done.
Excellent company that offered me advancement in the retail merchandising industry
Senior Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 5, 2018
I started in Chicago as a regional visual merchandiser responsible for 15 stores making sure they were well presented adhering to companies focus.

Was advanced to corporate in approximately 2 years to open new stores and also perform remodels traveling through out the country. When not traveling I created floor plans, was very involved in special design projects and seasonal planning for the stores selling season.

Very friendly environment that stressed teamwork and creative use of skills.
The management didn't like to be outdone
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJuly 5, 2018
The store manager I had was constantly taking issue with how much I was selling and assisting customers, I was never pushy and helped when asked, the manager is the main reason I left
It's Pier One Come on...
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INJuly 5, 2018
I mean this is a retail job and it is exactly that...a retail job...the people were okay but they are constantly changing because it is a retail job.
A typical day at Pier 1 Imports
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol, TNJuly 3, 2018
Pier 1 Imports is a store dedicated to decorating a person's home. As an employee at Pier 1 Imports, our sole purpose is assisting every customer in decorating each room of her choice by pairing items together throughout the store.
Productive an fun
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHJuly 3, 2018
I loved the people an the work its hard work they expect you to work hard for that pay check.
It's a very great company to work for, not much room for growing an if so you'll be there for years before moving forward.
Pros
Fast past
Cons
Only 2 breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pier 1 Imports. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight