Pier 1 Imports
72Above average

Pier 1 Imports Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA22 reviews
I worked here for a month.
I worked at Pier 1 Imports for a month. I have no ability to judge this store. I didn't like having to push a rewards card or credit card or whatever it was. But otherwise this was just typical retail.
Currently unstable store closings
Pier 1 overall is a great company however it's now going through a restructure. Hopefully, it can regain it's greatness with the right CEO and leadership to lead the company to greatness again. with the challenges of online sales they need to reconsider the challenges thereof and plan accordingly.
There is a reason Pier 1 is going out of business
Worst management ever. They care too much about pushing credit cards. They have the “customer is always right” attitude and don’t back and protect the associates. An extremely demanding job for such minimal pay. Corporate office Micromanages everything and sets unrealistic goals. They will probably go out of business soon. So if you’re looking for grey hairs and low pay. Apply today!
Pros
Learn about home decor
Cons
Literally everything
very accommodating and family oriented
I was a full time student while working here and the upper management was always willing to work with me in allowing me to get in the hours i needed when my school schedule allowed.

Everyone works together in doing their part to drive sales, daily.
friendly
it was fun working with them very good work space a lot of high energy and the customers are good. I like working there but I was looking for bigger and better opportunities
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Learning About the customer
When I started here in Tulsa I had a good hand on the product knowledge and what I had to learn was what type of customer base I would be catering to as it was a bit different from Pier 1 on the east coast where I came from.
Pros
Great staff, management, customers and location
Cons
Having to leave the company due to health issues.
Very enthusiastic atmosphere
Great company to work for and helps with a lot of personal growth! Really fun atmosphere, and being able to see all the displays and make it hands on adds a bonus!
Pros
Employee Discount, Fun Coworkers, Great Management
Cons
Routine Based, Not Much Room For Own Interpretation
Fun and physical workplace
I loved dealing with a diversity of customers. I displayed the merchandise, sold items and registered orders. I would take phone calls from employees of other stores or customers. I would work at the cash register to sell items and assist my manager at closings. It was a bit of a challenge to carry heavy furniture especially when placed in high places at the store but it was a good exercise. I helped my managers set items, clean the store and serve customers. it was fun when the store was crowded because I knew I can reach the sales goals.
Bad
Pier 1 Imports is your typical retail and designer store. The dynamics of the operations, product and culture are a challenging environment for the most experienced individuals
Cons
Credit card promotion
Sales Associate
Retail working with Pier 1 has provided me with great opportunities to gain product knowledge to address customers; approaching customers very professionally; allow customers their space to look around. I have gotten a great deal of business savvy as well as the business structure and management continue to evolve.
Pros
Always learning new products, new ways to help customers
Cons
Little chance of advancement
It was OK place to work not my favorite
I really didn't enjoy working here didn't see or get many chances to lean new things. The management was not good at communication with employees. The associates I worked with we also tried to just make the best of it.
A full day with a lot of team work.
On a day that I would open the store, the first thing I would do is open using the computers. After that was completed, I would make a bank run to make the evening deposit.
When the opening team member started her shift it would be time to count all the tills to get the registers ready while she took care of her opening responsibilities. I would meet with each girl at the beginning of their shift to let them know what their credit card goals were as well as the work list for the day.

During the day it would be my responsibility to take care of any customer issues to ensure excellent customer service. This could range from customers on the sales floor to customers on the phone with delivery or quality issues.

I would make sure that all team members understood what their responsibilities are for the day. This would include training new team members as well. Making sure that every team member understood what was expected and that we were all on the same page.

At the end of each team members shift I would meet with her to go over how many credit cards they had accomplished during their shift and how much of their work list they were able to finish.
Pros
Great team members, interaction with customers
Cons
Short breaks, dangerous working conditions
-----
I worked for about a year, management was tough on the employees but it paid off when we had awesome reviews and end of the year work through. Co workers were helpful and well spirited.
New role for a young professional
Experience will be gained in multiple facets of retail operations. The experience on the floor has helped me in all aspects of retail display since that role
Fast pace, upbeat,multi-task atmosphere. Ever changing customer is the priority setting.
Fast pace, upbeat, Multi- task atmosphere. Ever changing customer is the priority setting.
Pros
Great staff/ Teamwork based
Cons
Lunch breaks, Advancements, Pay
Love Pier 1
Everyday there is something new to do. Setting up displays , greeting and working with the clients. Love it!!
I really love that everyone that you help a piece of you goes home with them. I enjoyed unloading the trucks and restocking the merchandise.
Pros
Evertthing
Cons
No set schedule
Productive and fun enviorment.
Working at Pier 1 Imports is very fun. The management and Team Members are easily to get along with. We work as a family which make the store run smoothly.
Good benefits
needs to set up a good training facility

Good location

good employees to work with
Fun place to interact with people
Responsible for performing a variety of sales functions. Arranged, organized, and displayed merchandise. Processed sales transactions, returns, and ensured that all related documentation was accurate and complete. Served customers in a professional, courteous, and timely manner. Performed administrative functions including tracking, ordering, and managing inventory. Ensured store security. Kept the Store Manager well informed of activities and significant problems. Sorted merchandise, stocked shelves, counters, racks, and tables with merchandise. Returned misplaced items to correct locations. Ensured the neat and orderly appearance of sales displays. Marked and tagged merchandise with pricing, size, and product specification. Assisted with the presentation of window displays, promotional presentations, and sales programs as assigned. Worked to prevent damage and theft of merchandise, and preserved materials in saleable condition. Ensured that merchandise is stored, handled, and displayed in accordance with established Company policies and procedures. Provided product information including price, location, and use of merchandise to customers. Recorded requests for merchandise, orders products, and notified customers promptly. Operated the cash register and prepared customer receipts efficiently. Processed credit cards, checks, merchandise credits, vouchers, gift certificates/cards, cash payments, and discounts properly. Followed established policies and procedures for verifying payment and ensuring accuracy. Followed store policies for merchandise returns. Completed sales functions - more...
Friendly and fairly low-stress work environment
I really enjoyed working for Pier 1 Imports. I found the management to be tight and spot-on. I enjoyed working with the customers of Pier 1 and the drive for customer service was great.
Sales/Customer focused company
Fun enviroment, considering you're working with the customer, but most of the time it is enjoyable to assist shoppers in their purchasing needs. Focusing on meeting your sales and other store goals is rewarding when they are achieved.
Pros
discounts
Cons
too much pressure on selling the store credit card
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pier 1 Imports. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Pier 1 Imports.