Pierce Education Properties Employee Reviews

I loved my property in Kansas
Leasing Professional (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSSeptember 2, 2018
I worked at the Reserves, a property owned by Pierce Education Properties in Kansas. I worked at the property for 3 years, first as a community assistant and then as a leasing professional. Unfortunately I graduated and had to relocate however my property manager promised that if I wanted to stay in the company he would do his best to help, and I still believe him. I learned so much from him about student housing and life in general. If I was ever near another Pierce Education owned property I would highly consider going back and working for them. Training on job positions lacks but if you ask questions someone is there to help you out.
Pros
Great Work Environment, Good Pay
Cons
Other locations/ job positions may not have the same experience
Horrible managment
Leasing and Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 7, 2018
Inexperienced management staff on the corporate level.
In professional staff.
Little access to the corporate level as well as it may to weeks to get approval for contract as the company lacks budgeting practaces
Productive and Challenging
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 23, 2018
Great place to work. Lacking Good Management. Not easy to make your voice heard if you are not in a corporate position. Abuses of employees knowledge without any pay raise. Great company for beginners.
Terrible
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJune 18, 2018
The property manager was fired from one property but given a second chance at mine. His management style is to scream and threaten the girls in the office, trying to bully everyone. He was reported to corporate office for bullying and sexually harassing the Asian residents, Corporate did nothing.
Growing Company
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 22, 2018
Growing Company exciting industry with nationwide property ownership, Corporate office is very nice building and the Office Manager is awesome. Free snacks
Productive fast pace work environment that launched my career development.
Residential Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford, OHJanuary 15, 2018
Pierce Education Properties was a great place to start off my career development. It was here I was able to do a full 9-5 job and have the opportunity to take on real responsibility. I was able to get real life experience such as; daily reports, budget making, work with a team on quarterly projects, account payables, payroll and manage employees. The company has molded me into the professional I am today.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Compensation, Benefits, Job advancement
Unorganized
Leasing Professional (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 10, 2017
I did not enjoy working for Pierce Education Properties. Their management at the property I worked for was unorganized, passive aggressive, lazy, and unfair.
Amazing Work Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 2, 2017
I very much enjoyed working at Pierce. It was a place where i felt like I could be myself and still work to my full potential. It was not an easy job, but my boss and the rest of the staff made it worth while. :)
Corporate Management
House Director (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 9, 2017
Standard corporate company that offers good job experience with a lot of responsibility. Lots of leadership required. Must be highly efficient and effective to be a part of the team here.
decent job
Community Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVApril 16, 2017
kinda work for nothing would like to get paid more. have learned a lot of new things but there is a lot of drama and uncalled for things in the everyday work life.
Best for hard-earned experience.
Leasing (Current Employee) –  Southwest United StatesNovember 29, 2016
At Pierce Education Properties, you are expected to lease up your property and perform at the best of your abilities with little to no training and constant criticism from the corporate office.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Training, Corporate, Benefits.
Corporate office, Very quiet and calm environment.
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 12, 2012
I am constantly communicating with the accounting team and the external directors in regards to invoices, vendors, ordering, and resident refunds. Every day will be different based on volume and requests. My accounting co-workers work closely together to ensure the accuracy of month end financial reporting. The hardest part of my job is during the turn process of my university housing portfolio. The volume increases significantly and several hours of overtime are required. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that although I only provide one part in the accounting process, what I do is significant in the end result.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
does not offer employee reviews or salary increases for the accounting department