Pies & Pints Employee Reviews

Lies and no respect
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 29, 2018
I was promoted from within the company. I loved serving there. I was treated with respect and treated fairly. They valued my hard work. So much so that I was promoted and relocated. There is where the trouble began. I discovered the culture I had grown to love no longer applied to me as a manager. I was mistreated, underpaid, and overworked. The reason they promote from within is because most are first time salaried managers so they can be stingy with their pay. They have no respect for work/life balance and if they don't trust you from day one then you're screwed. The politics within the company itself is also a shame. If you are a manager tied to a regional manager and thats regional leaves, expect to be targeted and pushed out. Overall, it was hard, working for a company that was my favorite place to work as a server and then the worst job experience I ever had. I believe in honesty, kindness, and work-hard/play-hard. If you believe in these things, do not work for Pies and Pints.
Creepy management behavior
Waiter or Waitress (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHAugust 6, 2018
I found it odd that during my training another manager/team member was having a conversation with me and at least one other manager was on the headset listening in on our conversation without my knowledge. She was asking whether I was a dog or a cat person? And then some other odd questions and didn’t say anything about other management listening. Giggling about it? Glad I left.
Pros
Good pizza. Some decent people.
Cons
Strange management behavior. Not clear on expectations.
quick paced and fun
Assistant Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHJanuary 29, 2018
a typical workday is full of knowledge and fun-loving people who care about you and your success. here you will learn about proper food safety and proper serving/production of wine and beer. they offer great benefits and 401k!
They too worried about being cool instead of doing their jobs
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 5, 2018
They cry out teamwork but nobody ever does their job in there. Just talk and goof off all day. Management from GM to the lowest paid manager needs to get replaced .
Pros
Discount on beer and food
Cons
Lazy workers
Fun place to work
HOST/SERVER (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 15, 2018
Pies & Pints was a really nice restaurant to work in and gave me lots of hosting/serving experience. Hours were pretty flexible, and sometimes lacking but overall it was a good job.
Clean and fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 4, 2019
The environment in Pie's and Pint's is awesome. It is a well organized facility with a fun upbeat work staff. I enjoyed my time there and wish to go back in the near future.
Pros
Free Meal
productive fast paced food and fun
(Lead Close), (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 9, 2017
iv had and great experience with pies and pints as an employer of mine , i believe thats this is a company that appreciates the consumers , and worker it just has a great vibe in the ambience
Pros
you have good chances at raises and moving up
Cons
closing at 10 on week days
Good Company
Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 16, 2018
Great potential and place to work. Always a welcoming work environment and team players. Opportunities for advancement and is very rewarding. Learned a lot from this company.
An over all good place, but not a good fit for me.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 31, 2018
Other than rampant nepotism this wasn't a bad place to work. They genuinely seem to care about their workers, but they take the being your friend, not your boss thing, too far.
Pros
They'll try and take care of you.
Cons
If you fall out of favor, that's the end of the road for you.
nice place,good food,the owners the only real prob
prep cook,dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Helen, GAJanuary 23, 2018
working at pies is pretty much like anyother i suppose you go in do job then leave,the food theres pretty good and its fairly well maintained building wise.
Awesome people and Awesome job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHFebruary 22, 2018
I loved working at Pies and Pints. The environment and food are both awesome. The people were very nice, helpful and welcoming. I did not mind going into work because I knew I would be myself and still do my job easily.
A great place to work
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 28, 2017
I highly recommend Pies & Pints as a company for anyone within the restaurant industry to consider working for. The owner/CEO is very hands on and active with regional management and is very sure to help advance your skills and understanding of the industry.
relaxed slow work place not much going on
Expo/Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 3, 2017
seldom busy barely allowed to work your entire shift cuts cuts cuts in everyone's hours their double shift is excruciating they usually want to give you a three to four hour break in between
Pros
easy
Cons
no money
Fast paced rewarding job with fun and outstanding community.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMay 28, 2017
Great place to work, Full of experience to help individuals grow to their full potential. Outstanding ownership/management that rewards based on effort and results not "favoritism"
Fun place to work
Kitchen Staff / Hostess (Current Employee) –  Short NorthAugust 10, 2017
The staff is usually very positive at least at my location. The managers are nice and are very professiOnal and by the book, whilemaking it a fun place to work.
Productive, constant interaction with customers
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, WVNovember 13, 2015
Was a great work place, everyone worked together. The management was very understanding if something happened to where you couldn't make it to work. Loved it.
Productive and very fun
HOSTESS/SERVER (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 18, 2017
We all have our days where we don't want to go into work, but at Pies it's never like that because all of us employees are very close. It makes work a lot more fun and more of an open out going place as well.
Productive, fun co-workers, exciting days at work, busy.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Fayettvile west virginiaNovember 21, 2016
Always ready to make the customer happy and comfortable. I'd a personally owned business and is ran great. The managers actually listen and pay attention tk any problems you may have.
Team - oriented environment and a fun place to work!
Line Cook/ Pizza Artist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 19, 2016
I enjoy working with this organization because my co-workers are great! While working here I have learned how to toss dough. The most difficult part of my job is that they are not busy, so people do not get many hours.
Great atmosphere
Hostess - School (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVDecember 20, 2016
Fun place to work and the co-workers were awesome! I loved the food. It is usually always busy making the hours go quick. They were more than willing to work with my school schedule.