PIH Health

PIH Health Employee Reviews

United States185 reviews
When I started working here was a small healthcare institution and has grown so much in the past 10 years. Great coworkers and the they're always taking care of their facilities.
Pros
Work culture, coworkers, facilities
Cons
Can be very political and salaries could be better
The hiring process was fast and painless. My managers are really nice and my schedule and pay is great especially for a new grad nurse. My unit is very supportive and has a great work culture.
Great experience! The environment was welcoming and forthcoming. Felt valued with potential for growth and advancement throughout the organization. Great flexibility! Pay was comparable!
It sucked the life out of me. There was no spirit. And the ladies there were so RUDE AND MEAN FOR NO REASON. Always would put me on the spot with the manager and point out every little thing I would do wrong, the moment I’d do them. We had no basic training and they expected us to do every single thing right.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
PIH has a wonderful reputation I have worked there for 12 years and the mission patients first is practiced by all as a team and a family. I worked at various hospitals throughout my 35 years and I have to say I am very proud to be part of the PIH family.
Pros
The reward of seeing patients return to their family and community healthy and well
Cons
Designated staff parking Is quite a walk after a long hard day
While I love working with my team and the benefits are great, I do wish there was more room for growth. If youre someone that needs new challenges to allow for career growth, you may not have that available to you here. Same people are given more opportunities over and over. Compensation is fair and reasonable.
Pros
Good benefits, competitive salary
Cons
not a lot of room for advancement, favoritism
I really enjoyed my time at PIH health, I wish I would have stayed longer. Due to covid-19 my contract had to end early, that is the only reason I left.
Pros
Pay, hours, insurance benefits were good.
Cons
No paid holidays, and the holidays you did have off you had to use your PTO.
The company values documentation and reimbursement rates over patient outcomes. First, the orientation phase is lack-luster. Majority of the time was spent on reviewing fundamental nursing skills- vital signs, managing tubes and lines. The case management role is heavily involved with exceeding CMS guidelines. The nurses were so heavily involved in patient home visits that the documentation was never fully explained. Expect to receive countless emails regarding incomplete documentation. Also expect to have the supervisors undermine your knowledge and skillset immediately. There were numerous times in which the supervisor stated "you dont need to know that" when reviewing incomplete documentation records. The organizational has zero structure in terms of innovation, accountability, and overall patient care. The case management role utilized hospital policy in which half the information was not applicable to the home health field. The nurse compensation structure did not meet the demands of the job. The job requirements outlined seeing 4-5 patients a day within an 8 hour time frame. The bare minimum was 6 most days and often exceed 10 patients. Expect to fight tooth and nail for any overtime, as it is nearly impossible to see 10 patients a day and document accordingly. Expect to never receive a lunch break and/or mandatory 15 minute breaks. Nurses choose to keep their "easy" patients and hand-off any patient that requires more than antibiotic infusions. There is no team work at this facility. Nurses choose to harass each other and management refuses to take action. PIH, this facility - more...
Pros
Daily patient interaction
Cons
Zero breaks, absolutely zero teamwork.
Management does not know what they are doing and are no help. The “big boys”upstairs(we work in the basement) are having affairs with my female coworkers at lunch and breaks, management/Human Resources looks the other way and doesn’t seem to care. I never worked in a place with such little morals. It’s a depressing environment but at Least we are now working from home
Pros
Flexibility with work schedule
Cons
Bad management unorganized bad communication
lots of backstabbing, and it started from higher management. very unprofessional from staff to coworkers. This company has to change due to staff unprofessionalism
I loved working at PIH. It was a fantastic work environment and the people were great to be around. Unfortunately, my school schedule kept me from continuing to work there.
managment sucks plays favorites works 5 hrs a day doesnt back up employees over worked pay sucks they keep you working overloaded wouldnt work for this comoany again
The people keep it professional, the facility is clean and comfortable, the benefits are great!! Just a small percentage of the workers are weird and nosey...
Everyone is very helpful and friendly. Flexible schedules co-worker are helpful .Pay is ok. Overall I really enjoy being part of this organization...
As I worked here for almost nine years and a first job, it was awesome. Super friendly co workers and fun to work at.
The things that is poor would be the pay and management. They do not provide the equipment and resources needed because of a “budget”
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Pay
I felt valued at work my contributions were acknowledged at all levels I reported to the CEO with a dotted line to CMO. I felt supported by both of my leaders
The most satisfying part of working for PIH is the patients.
Good place to learn new skills.

Culture can be hostile at times.

Unfortunately have experienced a lot favoritism.

Management needs lots of improvement!
Supervisors and management in patient registration is very disappointing. When employees have questions or concerns instead of management helping and reassuring us of concerns they belittle the staff and show our concerns are no worry to them. I have worked for this company for a few years and have never felt abandoned by an employer and embarrassed to be apart of the team.
Day 1, I'm going through HR training and at the end of the basic training, I have to sign off on a slide that says I "Need to work on my white privilege." I should have walked out of the door then, but it only got worse over the next year. I could not get out of that company fast enough.
Disorganized Unprofessional Management. They're very unappreciative and show favoritism. Many of the employees in this department have been there for years and are negative and bitter.Pays is not good but you get free food. 30 min lunch and two 15 min breaks.
Pros
Free food, 30 min lunch and two 15 min breaks
Cons
Don't pay good, very fast pace work
Been working at the urgent care centers for PIH for 3 months and the staff is all very helpful so far, yet they all like to gossip amongst each other alot. As long as it doesn't get in the way of my work, I don't care what they say. Management is the best, always there for you ANYTIME you call, text, or email! Once you get the flow of things, everything starts to come along together.