PIH Health Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Director of Facilities, Support (Former Employee) –  Downey, CADecember 3, 2018
Great culture and Mission Statement, "Patients First" campaign. All the staff are cognitive to the respect of taking care of the patients and their family when they become a guest at the hospital. it was a privilege to work their and I miss the employees and the staff. It was a great place to learn and live through life's experiences.
Pros
The people, Management and the Culture. The CEO is strong and intelligent. He is a great leader.
Cons
Older building. Need many repairs which they are in the process of completing.
working for the company was like family
House Orderly (Former Employee) –  Downey, CADecember 1, 2018
working for this company you grew to love each other we worked as a team and were always willing to help each other, and when i needed to have open available scheduling for school they were very helpful
Pros
great with open scheduling
Cons
the pay
A hospital to start your new grad journey
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CANovember 24, 2018
A perfect environment for new grads, plus friendly and helpful staff. It's a place to start your nursing career and learn skills, communication, team work, etc.
Pros
family oriented and friendly staff
Cons
low paycheck compared to other hospitals. short new grad program
fast pace and stressful
EMD educator/super-user (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CANovember 19, 2018
We are assigned to one provider. We see 25-30 people in a day. One assistant is required to keep up with federal and state measures for HMO, Medicare, and Medical patients. We are also responsible for referrals, medication management, phones, medication prior authorizations, patient complains and messages, rooming patients, discharging patients, all while keeping certain tasks at a min for requirements. We don't have any extra help. All of these tasks fall onto one medical assistant. Also, the manager has an open door policy, however, if you want people to know your business you might as well tell them yourself. Because the manager likes to tell everyone your business and adds extra to it. She also likes to tell other employees when you have problems with them and it causes a hostel environment. The manager also likes to tell other departments the issues that we have within our own department. She is constantly bringing people down and making them feel like they are worthless. The company itself is OK. I wish that the wages were more competitive. It has its pros and cons. Good benefits.
Pros
the hospital food is good
Cons
expensive family insurance, low pay
Stay away!!
Hospital Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CANovember 15, 2018
Take your skillsets and look elsewhere! Under paid, non union, cut of benefits yearly, & high turn overrate! New grads, get your experience and get out!
Pros
Some great coworkers.. thats about it!
Cons
Everything..
New grads accepted
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CANovember 7, 2018
This is a great hospital to start off as a new grad RN. Lots of learning experiences. The pay is not as competitive but there are lots of amazing people that work here.
work impression
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAOctober 23, 2018
My PIH ultrasound team was very good and we were really TEAM PLAYER!.
Everybody helped each other, we really enjoyed to work with each other.
We were highly good at patient's care.
Constant turnover with poor management and leadership
Decision Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAOctober 17, 2018
Poor work culture, lack of effective management, rude manager and supervisor. High turn-over rates for both management and workers alike. Toxic work environment, most people are counting down the hours before the day is over.
Very unfair, and racial i think
other (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAOctober 15, 2018
manager was not fair to all employees. there's favoritism. manager doesn't investigate on her own, she ask people that she knows doesn't like you. I cannot say anything more.
Pros
no comment
Cons
no comment
Good in between place to work
Health Information Clerk (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAOctober 12, 2018
Last 3 Supervisors were great, not great on the pay scale. Overall great people working there. Physicians are mostly great. Benefits are decent PTO is given but rare for career advancement
Pros
Scheduling
Cons
Human resources department
Great Organization
Lead Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAOctober 8, 2018
Great place to work for. My tenure at this company was great, and the development received was exceptional. I highly recommend this organization, management, benefits and overall qualifications are enjoyable.
Doctors Lounge hostess (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAAugust 24, 2018
Fast ,friendly place to work lot of room for growth . Many departments to transfer into .
Great security .I always feel comfortable working in the hospital
Pros
many life benefits
Cons
not many
Employee Friendly
HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  DownyAugust 8, 2018
PIH was very employee friendly. They made sure satisfaction with employees a priority. However, the work life balance is a bit lacking. Long hours and nights a weekends are a regular at PIH
Pih
Hospital Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAAugust 4, 2018
Its a nice hospital, Employees are nice, friendly, and caring. the patient always comes first. As a hospital assistant there are many responsibilities I have to deal with. we work with Nurses, Doctors, different Radiology Technologists, Respiratory Therapist and more. I've learned a lot about patient care, medical terminology, how to use different machines
A one of a kind workplace
ED Technician (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 31, 2018
I have worked in a few different healthcare facilities and PIH health is by far the best. The managers are personable and professional, but what really makes it special are my coworkers. They are genuine people who are friendly and care about helping others. I have so much respect for them and feel I have gained a second family.
Pros
workplace environment, benefits
Cons
salary not as competitive
Teamwork and Support
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 21, 2018
One of the best reasons for working at PIH is the culture. I loved the teamwork and support. The access to conferences and ability to implement new knowledge and systems was empowering and fulfilling.
Pros
Collegiality
Cons
Pay
Pih
Material Management Technician (Current Employee) –  Downey, CAJuly 20, 2018
A well balanced non profit company that believes in its people and community. Working for PIH Health has been a great experience, the cultures is one of the best I have seen in my working career.
shouldve stayed
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 1, 2018
great place and company to work for, at pih I got paid 16 to work in the café that was more than my tech job at the time and plenty of room for career advancement if youre gonna work in the medical field.
Pros
lunch, pay, career placement
Cons
part time
slow pace and you work pretty much on your own
Data Entry Operator (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJune 28, 2018
Management is pretty flexible when it come to your work schedule. You are able to work pretty much on your own pace. Always busy and co workers are always there to help when in need,
Fun place
Registration representative, ER Registration (Current Employee) –  Downey, CAJune 18, 2018
Good place to work at and get a feel working in a hospital great people to work with great service to patients great customer service and respectful place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PIH Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at PIH Health.

Powered by Comparably