PIH Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Still defining the culture
HR Organizational Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAMay 9, 2018
I love healthcare even though my first experience ended in a lay off due to the hospital not making budget goals. Our entire OD department was laid off. Loved my client groups.
Great team work and customer service
Communications Department Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAApril 24, 2018
a average typical day is to support our caller's to reach their office and physician to get the best service and satisfaction that they are with caring and respectful facility from the quick call to a great doctor visit that answers their questions and meet all health needs.
Pros
we all make sure we rotate our breaks
Cons
we always are respectful on all teams members breaks/times.
Family environment
Medical/Surgical/Orthopedic Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAApril 2, 2018
As a new graduate RN, I was very grateful that PIH Downey opened the doorway for many of us new grads. The staff are extremely friendly and collaborative, and care for each other and for the patients like family members. I was very well received despite lack of experience, and the nursing staff was beyond helpful and receptive of new grads.
Lack of advancement/ too much favoritism
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Claims DepartmentApril 2, 2018
Claims dept has favorites which have been
Promoted to higher positions without having the proper degree and some do not speak fluent English. Claims director pushes people to quit. Many already on stress leave. Human Resources know about it do not do anything.
Pros
Na
Cons
Favoritism
Fun, productive with opportunity to grow
LVN Nurse (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAMarch 20, 2018
Have been with the company for 6 years, definitely have grown a lot within the organization and learned a lot. Cannot wait to do more and grow more with PIH
Pros
Friendly environment, definitely and organization that puts their patients first
Cons
none that I can think of
great pay
ENVIROMENTAL SERVICES AIDE (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAMarch 14, 2018
Extremely stressful and the management needed help. Working there was hit and miss most of the time. As long as you just work and do your job you'll be fine
Pros
great pay nice people
Cons
terrible management
The new computer system
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAFebruary 27, 2018
The new computer was very difficult,management was grate but the new pih health take over downey medical center is not the seame.The part of the job is the computer system very bead
Pros
Nothing free
Cons
Short breack
great work environment
Surgical Aide (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAFebruary 16, 2018
The coworkers treated each other and their patients with respect and empathy. There was great management. Felt like a small family within the hospital setting.
Pros
work environment
Cons
Pay wasn't the best
buzy place to work
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CANovember 29, 2017
heavy phones, insurance verification, appointment setting, documenting calls and sending notes to back office staff and doctors, contacting peds family practice ortho and other specalties
benefits
Cons
uncomfortable chairs
Very productive work place
Central Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAAugust 29, 2017
Professional working staff is well appreciated to work, as well and the great benefits and programs they offer their employees. Management is very open to availability to work for those who are going to school, or have another place of employment.
Pros
A lot of work to do.
Cons
But not enough place to move up
Co-workers are caring and helpful
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAAugust 17, 2017
Unfortunately I cannot say the same thing about Management, they play favoritism roles, they hired as they know people not for their actual skills. NO good.
Pros
nice and caring co-workers
Cons
Management is not fair.
Lower pay than all surrounding hospitals
RN, BSN (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAAugust 9, 2017
Long-time employee that watched many employees come and go as this place has deteriorated. Decreased benefits, lots of lean years with no raises, 1:5 ratio on most units, 1:7 on some, and 1:2 in ICU. New CEO is more concerned with patient satisfaction than employee satisfaction. Because of this, they higher nothing but new grads that would be grateful just to have a job and try to accomplish whatever is asked of them. High turnover rate can never be a good place to stay! With that said, this would be an OK place to get your experience and leave, but then again, many other place could be better, and likely with better pay!
Pros
Free food for DOCTORS only
Cons
Low pay, expensive cafeteria, and some years, no raises
Great place to work.
Medical Assistant/ Front Office Representative (Current Employee) –  MontebelloAugust 9, 2017
very professional environment great atmosphere. The offie manager is great she is understanding and tries to work with everyone. Our patients are majority geriatric it has been an awesome experience thus far
Great workplace
IDS Call Center Supervisor, Ambulatory (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 26, 2017
Great place to work. Tuition reimbursement was key factor in my decision to work here. I continued my education here and there was lots of room for growth.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJune 8, 2017
I like volunteering at the hospital because there is a lot to learn and and it's a starting foundation for people who eventually want to work in a hospital.
Well balanced and diverse work place
Business Development Consultant-Senior Products (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAApril 11, 2017
Good working conditions. Co-workers and management were easy to get along with. Essential tools at the work place were always available. Not having to commute long distance was always a plus.
Pros
Medical benefits and retirement plans available
Wonderful place to work. Employees well compensated with lots of bonuses and employee appreciation. Great benefits.
Medical Tranacriptionist (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 28, 2017
Wonderful place to work. Great teamwork. Good employee satisfaction. Room for advancement. Great pay and benefits. Great payscale. Top management.
Pros
Employee appreciation, benefits
Cons
No job guaranteed for life of your career
Great place to learn the many facets that make up a hospital.
Family Practice Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 23, 2017
PIH strives to be on the cutting edge and ensures that everyone is constantly being trained on what's new in technology. I learned the majority of skills having worked at PIH.
Good place to learn if you are a new grad
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 1, 2017
I have been at this company for a very long time, and what made me stay was my great coworkers and the night shift differential. This place is like home to me. Everyone is pretty friendly around the hospital. The managers care about you. Depending on what unit you work on, you get a lot of support from your coworkers. But the hospital took away the pension, and you pay for health insurance. The new grad rate isn't very high either but there are a lot of openings for new grads, who get hired, get their experience, and then move on. Most people who have stayed here, have been here for a very long time. This is a very well known hospital in the community and most people who stay long, stay for the friendly environment, not the benefits or the pay.
Pros
Friendly caring environment. Clean and well supported by community.
Cons
Lack of pension, or good pay
Nice Co worker
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Downey, CADecember 30, 2016
Every day is different. I learned a lot new things. Its been a great experience for me learning new things. I never worked in a hospital environment before.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PIH Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight