PIH Health Employee Reviews

Constant turnover with poor management and leadership
Decision Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAOctober 17, 2018
Poor work culture, lack of effective management, rude manager and supervisor. High turn-over rates for both management and workers alike. Toxic work environment, most people are counting down the hours before the day is over.
Good in between place to work
Health Information Clerk (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAOctober 12, 2018
Last 3 Supervisors were great, not great on the pay scale. Overall great people working there. Physicians are mostly great. Benefits are decent PTO is given but rare for career advancement
Pros
Scheduling
Cons
Human resources department
Great Organization
Lead Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAOctober 8, 2018
Great place to work for. My tenure at this company was great, and the development received was exceptional. I highly recommend this organization, management, benefits and overall qualifications are enjoyable.
Doctors Lounge hostess (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAAugust 24, 2018
Fast ,friendly place to work lot of room for growth . Many departments to transfer into .
Great security .I always feel comfortable working in the hospital
Pros
many life benefits
Cons
not many
Employee Friendly
HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  DownyAugust 8, 2018
PIH was very employee friendly. They made sure satisfaction with employees a priority. However, the work life balance is a bit lacking. Long hours and nights a weekends are a regular at PIH
Pih
Hospital Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAAugust 4, 2018
Its a nice hospital, Employees are nice, friendly, and caring. the patient always comes first. As a hospital assistant there are many responsibilities I have to deal with. we work with Nurses, Doctors, different Radiology Technologists, Respiratory Therapist and more. I've learned a lot about patient care, medical terminology, how to use different machines
A one of a kind workplace
ED Technician (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 31, 2018
I have worked in a few different healthcare facilities and PIH health is by far the best. The managers are personable and professional, but what really makes it special are my coworkers. They are genuine people who are friendly and care about helping others. I have so much respect for them and feel I have gained a second family.
Pros
workplace environment, benefits
Cons
salary not as competitive
Teamwork and Support
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 21, 2018
One of the best reasons for working at PIH is the culture. I loved the teamwork and support. The access to conferences and ability to implement new knowledge and systems was empowering and fulfilling.
Pros
Collegiality
Cons
Pay
Pih
Material Management Technician (Current Employee) –  Downey, CAJuly 20, 2018
A well balanced non profit company that believes in its people and community. Working for PIH Health has been a great experience, the cultures is one of the best I have seen in my working career.
shouldve stayed
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 1, 2018
great place and company to work for, at pih I got paid 16 to work in the café that was more than my tech job at the time and plenty of room for career advancement if youre gonna work in the medical field.
Pros
lunch, pay, career placement
Cons
part time
slow pace and you work pretty much on your own
Data Entry Operator (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJune 28, 2018
Management is pretty flexible when it come to your work schedule. You are able to work pretty much on your own pace. Always busy and co workers are always there to help when in need,
Fun place
Registration representative, ER Registration (Current Employee) –  Downey, CAJune 18, 2018
Good place to work at and get a feel working in a hospital great people to work with great service to patients great customer service and respectful place
Fast past, energetic, friendly environment
10-Week EKG Clinical Internship (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJune 16, 2018
Began right away with the Stat EKGs from the prior night.
Performed Adult EKGs exams. Performed Lexi Scan stress test,, treadmill stress test, Rehab stress test, and pacer holter monitor placement. The most enjoyable part was working well in a team with everyone.
Pros
Great team to work with.
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJune 4, 2018
I love my commute which is 25 minutes vs 60 minutes. I enjoy working and helping the doctors They are amazing! I enjoy interacting with them, I learn something new everyday.
Unpredictable
Residency Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAMay 31, 2018
Would rather not say. It was very difficult to attend conferences due to budget cuts; I requested to go because it was an important part of my job and the numerous requests were denied.
Friendly enviornment
Hospital Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAMay 30, 2018
People are friendly and easy going. As a Social Worker intern, staff and supervisor are willing to provide support and guidance but was very limited due to changes in staff and management.
Pros
good learning enviornment
Cons
Good for getting your feet wet
CLERK (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 28, 2018
I love my job but because of the friends that I have made and the experiences I have gained from it, but this is not a job position that I want forever. I want to continue to grow and expand my knowledge and skill set.
Some co-workers were great to work with
Care Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAMay 27, 2018
PIH was a great place to work many years ago now they have taken away many programs for the employees such as pension, they need to train and hire directors and managers that know how to deal with there employees, Its very sad because PIH used to be a great place to work.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
Poor directors & managers
Still defining the culture
HR Organizational Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAMay 9, 2018
I love healthcare even though my first experience ended in a lay off due to the hospital not making budget goals. Our entire OD department was laid off. Loved my client groups.
Over the years, I gained extensive on the job learning of education and skills in nursing.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAMay 8, 2018
I worked on one of the hardest units in the PIH hospital. It helped me care for a variety of very ill patients. This has given me the confidence I can work just about anywhere in nursing field.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PIH Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight