Pike Corporation Employee Reviews

Its not a bad place to work
Foreman (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 1, 2018
It's not a bad place to work! Pay is good, benefits are not that good! Overtime starts after 40hr. Don't pay time off. If you get rain, they send you back home with what you have! Other companies pay you at least 8 hr. They will put pressure to finish jobs and that is not safe!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short breaks lots of stress
As a foreman lots of responsibilities
Foreman electrical distribution (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 21, 2018
Was mislead by managment when asked for transfer was told yes good to go. But was no where to go.so therefore felt like i was being pushed out by managment
Pros
A lot of responsibilities
Cons
Spanish is primary language. I dont speak spanish
good money
Boom Inspector & Mechanic Helper (Former Employee) –  Creedmoor, TXJune 4, 2018
Company offered lots of hours, good pay, and hard work. Position required a lot of driving. Job required lots of travel. Job required overtime as well.
Cons
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, MAFebruary 28, 2018
Great place to work but the raise is very minimal and the lack of better opportunities hurts employees. Need better communication between manager and employees.
Pros
great 401k and health benefits
Cons
very minimal raise if any at all
Great coworkers
Claim Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 24, 2017
First couple years the company was a family oriented company with a great respect for the employees and the job they did. As the company grew the respect for employees was changed into a more productive state to allow for expansions and purchasing of new companies.Worked with a great number of awesome individuals that made it easy to work with.
Pros
Flexiblity
Cons
At times stressful
Safety oriented and family-like
Stay Safe Solutions- Safety Trainer/ CDL Examiner (Current Employee) –  Monroe, GASeptember 20, 2017
I overall like the job. I just wish I could make more money for the qualifications that I bring to the culture.The supervisor expects changes to the schedule on a short notice. I can manage it. I wish I could use my customer service skills more.
Pros
All expenses paid while working. Flexible schedule.
Cons
pay, advancement
Love the People
Administrative Assistant of Mailroom & Office (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 17, 2017
My co-workers are awesome. Very family like atmosphere. However, over the years additional responsibilities keep getting added to my daily workload without appreciation or compensation. Due to the fact that I primarily work independently, I often learn that my supervisor has no idea how much work and physical labor I actually do in a day.
I enjoyed working there
Foreman / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mount Airy, NCOctober 18, 2016
At the time I enjoyed the people I worked with and the work itself. The work was hard sometimes and the weather was hard sometimes but overall a good job to have.
Pros
The money was decent
Cons
Wasn't moving up fast enough
Okay company
Class B Lineman (Former Employee) –  Mount Airy, NCOctober 17, 2016
Okay place to work for. I guess it all goes toward who your boss man is. A lot of storm work. A lot of working out of town. Decent pay and benefits.
great place to work
Contract Adnministrator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 13, 2016
I loved my job and I was very good at it. Reviewed and processed Owner Contracts, Insurance , Bonds, project requirements for GC and subcontractors. Reviewed and processed Subcontractor Contracts, Insurances, bonds, sub-guard qualifications and all certified payrolls.
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
no job security
Good Company to work for.
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Malta, NYOctober 21, 2015
I have worked for The Pike Co. for 3 yrs. I was hired to fill a position for their client. They are a good company to work for. They are flexible and have good benefits. They also have a Pike University program which I participated in and found to be helpful.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Lack communication skills.
Family Oriented
Estimating AA/Document Controller and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 19, 2015
I enjoyed working with the group in my department. Very flexible and a wonderful group to work with. I was with Pike for over 10 years, so that has to say a lot in regards to the kind of company it is.
Travel the high seas and inland waterways
Seaman aboard United States Coast Guard Cutter (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 1, 2014
Enforce safety and security zones, provide recreational boater safety exams, respond to search and rescue missions, investigate environmental pollution incidents, and conduct harbor safety patrols.
Pros
Be on the water.
Cons
Seasick
A very enjoyable work environment
OSP Engineer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 19, 2013
This company grows every day along with plenty of work that needs to be done.
Pros
Benefits, Relaxed enviornment
Very fun enviroment and friendly people
Server (Current Employee) –  Gettysburg, PADecember 12, 2013
Usually on your feet the whole time running back and forth. Need to know how to multi task but you meet some of the friendliest people.
Pros
Half off food, amazing co workers
Cons
No sit down breaks
Nice workers
C Class Lineman (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 23, 2013
Worked with a lot of nice guys while I was there. First job in electrical for me. It was good learning experience.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Away from home all week.
I got this job with my step dad
Ground man (Former Employee) –  Mount Airy, NCSeptember 10, 2013
I didn't like being so high in a wobbably bucket. I didn't mind being on the ground cleaning up, digging holes, or placing poles
Ok place to work
Payroll Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 11, 2013
The day consisted of processing weekly union payroll and as long as I did that everything went well.
decent place to work the management inst worth anything
Foreman/Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 2, 2013
you get to work outdoors in sorry weather and co workers are the best part about the job and learning different things.the management is all for them self and not worht the breathe theyve been given there bossy think their better than everyone there is no seniority in company its a buddy buddy system if your a buddy youll get moved up i watched them put a five year man in a 55 year mans place and made him retire early. and always pushing around their wait
Pros
pay is good
Cons
management is no good at all
Exicite,Respectable Company
JOB COACH (Former Employee) –  Barnesville, GAJuly 25, 2012
I enjoy working for special client, my job is to make sure all special client make it to work on time and train them for the job. It was a challenge but I manger to pull it thought. My co-worker were outstanding and I would love to go back and be a job coach.
Pros
meeting new people, respect
Cons
paid, health insureance