Pike Corporation

Pike Corporation Employee Reviews

United States44 reviews
No work
The last half a year I worked here, I was lucky to get 30 hrs a week because there was either no work for us to do or It was raining outside and bosses wouldn’t let us work in the rain, even though we had rain suits for that reason
Overall great working environment
You can tell this company cares about their employees. The really make you feel valued and the people are genuine. The work isn’t hard but I guess that depends on what you do. The management cares about you and they make it known/show it. There’s also almost always opportunity to grow within the company so that’s nice too
Good place to learn hard linework terrible outfit
Dont work for pike unless you want to literally pay for osha required tools that they are required to pay for. They would just fire you for some odd reason if you actually showed them that climbing fall arrest systems are to be covered by the employer.
Just dont
The job itself i didnt mind and i enjoyed doing it. Had some great coworkers too. There was just many things going on that was red flag. When you got a manager who runs multiple locations and hardly around but his team leads feed him bad info and he wouldnt verify it either way. When you get asked to do ot and him and your team lead yanks you from work and take you down into some corner locker room ripping into you for doing ot. The team lead i had chuck coffman had a habit of blowing what i did out of proportion. He would never verify my work when it was checked and 80 percent of time they were wrong and i was right but hed never want to hear it. He had manager convinced i always was in wrong and that i never fixed my work. He always was going around office telli g people i was dumb, i had no sense, etc. Qhen i confronted manager about it i could tell i made him mad. When i put in notice and in turn got walked out of the building and was told i was no longer welcome on premises and it was being put out that stating i was not welcome back that i was ineligible for rehire.
Favorites
Everyone has favorites. If you’re the type to keep your head down (out of sight out of mind) and do your work, don’t expect anything extra. To climb the ladder you need to know people or brown nose.

- 5 year experience
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Loved job, future looked bright, but blindsided without legitimate reasons
On Day 90 I was terminated without any notification, even though I weekly asked for formal evaluations. Was always told doing good job. Mgr knew I was in process of relocating closer but sat on fact my days were numbered. Would speak of future projects I would be a part of indicating to me that I had some type of job security. This was done up to day prior to release. Done dirty.
I am not recommended working for Pike
Company has bad organization,they don’t have any training.
HR works is bad too,they forgot to send my benefit and I worked 1 years without health,dental,eyes and life insurance.
Pros
Free lunch for Holiday only
Cons
Flexible hours
Beginner company slow start
Not honest or fair for new tower program. Four months to get they pay that you deserve from day one. I would not recommend this company bc in four months you you lose out on over 30k in this industry.
Pros
No pros
Cons
No pay for four months.
Pathetic
The guys on crew are great, it starts getting bad with Forman and right on up to area supervisors and general foremans. Go somewhere else if you can unless you are happy getting lied to and talked to like garbage. Insurance is outrageous for cost to employee
Pros
Learn the basics
Cons
Management and raises
Typical work day
I was doing transformer chang outs. It was super easy good guys to work with but they are very strict about the safety rules. I got fired because I cut my self with a grinder.
Solid company to begin utility career
I enjoyed most of my time spent with pike, of course the tough to do jobs were brought to us, that’s a contractor life specification. met more good, then bad folks. I learned a ton from older lineman, & foreman. Benefits weren’t the greatest but something better then nothing, raises were a little tough to get if you didn’t know anyone. I was fortunate to get in the bucket quick coming out of lineman school, I’d go back if the money was right. A lot of people dis this company, mostly due to the fact of bad experiences. Take your own judgement, I enjoyed pike. They got me started in utilities. I respect the company.
Pros
Company vehicle, per diem, knowledge, good starter, good people.
Cons
Lack of raises, ran into dope heads, low benefits.
Only a good place to work if the General Foreman likes you
Like I said in the title. If you’re liked by the general foreman you’ll do well. I worked there over a year and never got one evaluation or raise. If you get with a chill foreman you’ll have good days but they’re hard to come by. Definitely one of those places where it matters if you’re buddy buddy with the higher ups.
Pros
Decent out of town pay when asked to go.
Cons
Horrible communication from higher ups. Favoritism by higher ups
Great company great trucks
I love pike. I've wanted to work for them for years and finally got on. Its everything I hoped for and more. If you love storm work and great general foreman and foreman this is the place to go. Everyone always watchs your back and safety is a priority.
Good company, horrible management
The IT operations management team are incompetent 3 stooges that only care about their own jobs, not about the company, the customer and definitely not the employee.
Pros
Good company and ok benefits and pay
Cons
It operations management is destroying that department
Great Learning Experience
Fielders spent too much time on the road, with no definitive date to return home. Teammates did not work in sync, to get projects done efficiently. Visiting new places was the best part about the job.
Pros
Per Diem, Weekly pay, Work at Own Pace
Cons
Communication, Management, Organization
Terrible Place to Work
401k was the worst!! The way department head treated people is the worst I’ve seen in my whole career. Talked to people like they were 10. Okay for a first job or if you’re absolutely desperate. Not a place you want to invest in. I felt like I was working at a factory. Might as well have a punch card when I walked in. STAY AWAY!!!
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management, Department head, Very strict
Fast paced.
Being able to help people when the lights are out. Trouble shooting home owners & businesses electrical issues. Rebuilding the electrical grid. Working outside.
Good
Good company to work for I have had my truck there for 15 years. I’m a subtracted for all those years.
In the process to relocating to Florida. Been a source of income
Pros
Good steady work and good pay
Cons
Relocating out of state
Unstable and antagonist workplace
NOTE: The following represents a position within Nashville, TN office of UC Synergetic, also listed as Pike Engineering and Pike Corporation

A short summary would be: there are plenty of other fields in which to practice CAD that are more stable and pay better. If one really wants to break into Outside Plant Engineering there are no doubt better managed opportunities as well.

CAD Technician in this context entails preparing 2D construction plans based on field notes and research of existing facilities records in the field of Outside Plant Engineering e.g utility poles, anchor / guying, and aerial / buried telecommunications cables.

The typical work pipeline consists of:

-Being assigned a job from remote SPOCs ("single points of contact") via email with supporting documents and target deadlines

-Conducting research based on the scope of work and conferring with field surveyors who visit the area

-Preparing drawings via BSTCAD, AT&T's proprietary version of Microstation v8i, hosted on a remote server. No formal civil drafting standards are implemented vs ad hoc adjudication by internal and external quality checkers for clarity.

-Submitting these drawings to an internal quality inspection for any corrections, then AT&T for approval and a grade that must meet contractual service level agreements targets with consequential fines for missed targets.

All in all, the work is highly detail oriented, requiring the digestion of a large body of technical standards and practices that morph often, and requires diligent task management where turnaround time is
 - more...
Cons
Reactionary strategic leadership, low compensation, antagonistic workplace
Horrible management
Was on as a temporary contact to hire. Work got slow in the winter resulting in many of us on temporary contacts to be let go with no warning. Would not recommend.
Pros
Lax work environment
Cons
Horrible management
If you love line work don't work at pike.
The most stressful job Ive had in my life. Formans dont do anything they let the A classes run the crew while the forman sleeps. Majority of the overhead A classes are all a bunch of drunk bullies and mentally abusive ( racist and sexiest also) I've had my life threatened many times just in past few months. They will literally make anyone a forman no experience needed.(watch your back) Do You love line work? Work at pike and you'll hate it and everything else in your life. Go anywhere other than pike trust me . Shovelling manure for 16 hours is more apealing then working for pike. The best people are on the under ground crews and they treat them like there incompetent and pay them less . Absolutely the most messed up company I've ever work for. Something seriously changed for the worse
with pike because I work for them years ago and it was nothing like it is today.
Pros
Decent pay, benefits. 401k
Cons
Extremely poor management on all levels
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pike Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7