Pike Electric Employee Reviews

Pike Electric is an awesome place to work!
Senior Engineering Technologist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 21, 2018
Pike Electric is an awesome place to work! Electrical Engineers working to review all aspects of distribution on the electrical grid in NC, SC, parts of Texas, Ohio and other parts of the Country. The working atmosphere is again great. There is a health balance of work/life and you don't take home your work issues.
pike is cool
Lineman (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 10, 2018
if you like working around dangerous people then this job is for you! you might die. maybe. good first power lineman job. learned a lot like what not to touch. its the best.
Pros
danger
Cons
super danger
Ok company
Power Pole Technician (Former Employee) –  Mount Airy, NCApril 24, 2018
Dealing with contracts on a annual basis, a lot of traveling can be evolved, good company, great to help people in need when weather events hit and decent money follows
Have to travel alot
Lineman (Current Employee) –  Mount Airy, NCApril 10, 2018
Good company! Gone too much for me. Alot of time spent on storm work. Overall the people are good and they do pay well but it's a line life and you have to chase the storms.
Great company to work for. Hate I had to leave them when I did.
A Class Lineman (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 2, 2018
Pike is the best company I have ever worked for. Sure their pay scale isn’t quite as high as some other companies, but it is plenty high to provide you with more than enough financial stability to support your family. This company sees and cares about their employees as more than just workers but as the men and brothers they are. I’ll recommend taking a job with them every time I’m asked to without any hesitation.
Pros
Tight knit group of men to work with. Have GFs and Supervisors who take care of their guys.
Cons
Pay scale could be a little higher
good job
Class C Lineman (Former Employee) –  Mount Airy, NC 27030March 20, 2018
over all was a great job to have and good learning experience and id recommend my friends to work there management was good and had good communication
Pros
good pay fun job good benefits
Cons
was hard physical work
Oriented to team work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hipodromo Camarero CanovanasMarch 6, 2018
They hired me without any experience. They believed in me and grew professionally. If I needed to go to medical appointments there was no problem. I recomended
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Temporary Job
healthy enviroment with little room to grow
Class C Lineman (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 26, 2018
i started out liking working for pike electric but as the time went on i received a position that put me in a difficult spot to advance. when i asked if i would still be able to advance of course i was promised the opportunity but it did not come. the supervisor was a decent man that focuses on safety which is a great aspect but in my case he never sought to advance my position no matter how far i excelled. so i had to settle in a position on working alone which i thought was against safety rules and eventually was terminated for reason that were minor that could be interpreted as major in the right context.
Pros
over time was available most weeks
Cons
little advancement
Hard work but rewading
Lead Class A lineman on day crew (Former Employee) –  Mount Airy, NCFebruary 11, 2018
I was so grateful that Pike gave me the opportunity to work for them. During the time I worked here I learned a lot about power and how to handle it when restoring it due to storms. I left because we were working out of town and coming home on weekends. Me and my wife had 2 small children and I wanted to see them more and went to work for companies closer home. Pike is a good place to work and learn at the same time.
So much lack of communication
Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioFebruary 6, 2018
It's amazing how little communication there is.
Previous manager was wonderful in this regard, but, all others from home office, as well as the newest manager at this location, are terrible.
good work place with peepers
line man c (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLFebruary 6, 2018
good work place, felt you have room to grow within the company.
mangers just don't give the same treatment to all employees.
company does give lots of training to keep you safe.
Pros
per diem
Cons
7 days off
being outdoors
Class c underground lineman (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40214January 23, 2018
great place to work. great pay. management takes there time training and making sure you learn all safety precautions. all day shift unless asked out on storms.
Apprentice lineman
C-Lineman (Former Employee) –  Leonardtown, MDJanuary 22, 2018
I gained good work experience. Long hours with much travel which was hard on my home life. I had to relocate to n area that I wasn't thrilled with. I decided it was a good time to leave before I worked "Hot".
Pros
Good work experience
Cons
Hours, travel
ok workplace
C Lineman (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 20, 2017
I enjoyed the people I worked with and the brotherhood, however the senior leadership lacked and they played favorites and if you were not one of their picks you didn't advance
it was a good place to work
Cable Splicer (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 3, 2017
directional boring and digging holes all day. The hardest thing was getting used to working outside in the elements. the best thing was 3 day weekends unless it rained during the week.
Pros
3 day weekends
Cons
money
Line work
Class A Lineman (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 24, 2017
Its a good place to work. Their benefits are better than they used to be. There are pros and cons to any company, just like this one. Wished they had more work in my area.
Great job and great peopl.
Lineman Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNSeptember 13, 2017
Great job and great people. Great place to learn your trade and advance. Very friendly foreman and very nice co workers. Very Glad I had the experience of working there.
fast pase
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Monroe, GASeptember 1, 2017
learn how to do electrical work one of the things i didn't like about this job was working in all types of weather and the thing i enjoyed the most was the people i worked with
Really enjoyed this job
Parts Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Auxier, KYAugust 27, 2017
I really enjoyed working for this company and the daily tasks and responsibilities of the job as well. Very good company to work for..................
Nice place to work
Relay Operator (Current Employee) –  Austell, GAAugust 24, 2017
Pike is a nice place to work. The people are fair and they work hard to get the job completed. Everyone does their part to get the best job done. Supervisor is cool. All around nice environment.
Cons
Hot outside!