Pilgrim's Pride
Information from Pilgrim's Pride:

Pilgrim's Pride Employee Reviews

United States2,918 reviews
Found 2,918 reviews matching the search
I want to go back. I got sick and fell out trying to go to work. I found out I was having bad reactions to my high blood pressure meds. I just found this out. I'm healthy now and would love to go back if, they would let me. I will stay forever.
Pros
Union
Cons
Some of the management have their favorites.
Great Job never have a problem everybody showed me what to do so i could get the job the done even the the breaks not evenly spaced out the job is very easy after your body gets the hang of cutting the chicken
only work at pilgrims if you have no other choice. management is the main problem. this is closer to slavery than an actual job. they hiring fresh faced kids with zero experience for any management position over anyone who know what they are doing.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Working at Pilgrim's is pretty much easy work unless you make yourself work hard than you're supposed to. Managment is really relaxed and are great with people.
Pros
Sometimes they'll give you lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Challenging atmosphere but that is to be expected, but the monetary compensation is the only questionable thing. Not quite competitive with the market
I like it bcuz it was good and I like the Hoursbut other than that it’s alright I just didn’t like it bcuz it was cold and you had to go in and out of the cold and hot part and you would get sick and still had to go to work
Pros
It wasn’t no free lunches
Cons
I like it the brakes
Great company to start a career with, they have excellent benefits and heath insurance. The job is easy and you work around people that really care about u and your family
My manager was a micro manager. He was the complex manager and was always yelling at workers, including me. He gave no direction and would make you try to figure it out and when you can't read his mind!
Pros
Cons
People
Everything is pitiful about this job, management doesn't care about you they only care about getting the chickens done. The supervisors are lazy and dont give a thing about you. They will slave you to death.
It was a cool job, I just didn’t like my position. The hours were great & the pay was great if I could’ve moved to a different area I would still be there.
Its alright i like it cause we move fast theirs no time for waiting but the bad is that the amount of hours to the amount of money i recive i still struggle
I enjoyed working at that company because I got alone with others and helping the the company produce and product in a safe working environment! They have always treated me respect and trust!
Pros
Meet variety of people
Cons
Great health care
My hands were so cold,they were aching and in severe pain,also my feet..If could work in their warmer area,I would have went back.Over all,they are pretty much organized and I did have fun working, there,it was just too cold for me..and there was not enough breaks, to rewarm up..
Pros
Very good benefits
Cons
Not enough breaks.. with cold temperature
Worked 2nd shift. Very dirty work if you can get passed the idea of it being a chicken processing plant you o.k. was a good place for me to start but I would have to see how they have changed before I go back.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Very nasty place to work.
It was a good place to work at but then again, we worked really hard some days and I felt as if I didn’t have any rest. Pilgrim Pride did help out a lot of families and help boost income.
Pros
Free meal tickets for the first week and also $50 gift cards for the first week of work.
Cons
Short breaks
Its a hard, fast paced job. But its a great place to work and easy for you to move up in. The management and everyone is patient and helpful. Overall its a great place to work
It was a productive workplace fast fun and great atmosphere pay was great got payed every week good over time hours and great benefits for the staff working there.
The chicken plant is very repetitive work but can be rewarding with overtime, family dinners and the chance to advance in your position. overall 4 Star rating from me.
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
very repetitive
I have nothing bad to say about Pilgrim’s they gave me a opportunity too save money and provide for my family by hiring me...and they have great benefits and make it easy for you too learn and grow in there company
Pros
Great benefits, easygoing people, very productive
● Work-life balance
Work-life balance at Pilgrim's Pride is very poor

● Pay & benefits

My pay and benefits at Pilgrim's Pride are ok.

● Job security and advancement

In terms of job security at Pilgrim's Pride, I think horrible.

● Management

In general, managers at Pilgrim's Pride are terrible.

● Culture

Collaboration with my colleagues at Pilgrim's Pride is horrible

● Overall

My experience working at Pilgrim's Pride terrible.
It's a good job I love it when you get your hat's and boots the first week you get free lunch that's a plus too cause most people don't have money for lunch till they get the first check