Pilkington North America Employee Reviews

good job.
Warehouse General Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 7, 2018
Good place to work. Capable management and clear view of industry. Good working conditions. Good equipment. Solid sales support and customer base. Solid market growth.
work
glass production (Former Employee) –  Rossford, OHAugust 11, 2018
Pilkington was a fair place to work. The benefits were also great. The work enviorment can get kind of stele. Made some great work friends there. Hardworking job !
Pros
steady work
Not at all
VA Operator (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INJuly 5, 2018
Union president always accused me of saying mean things to people and constantly came and confronted me about the rumors I allegedly.said or did. And so I quit
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Its like teenage drama
Laid back work place
Warehouse/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 6, 2018
I loved my job my staff and everything about pilkington. I would love to go back to work for them. I wish there was still a company opened here in Oklahoma City.
Pros
Go anywhere for lunch
Cons
No paid lunch
Poor management with no job security.
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 14, 2018
Poor management and job constantly threatened. By a manager who had no experience in auto glass - he was a pet store manager who treated employees as disposable.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Distribution Work
Warehouse Supervisor/Lead Man (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCApril 23, 2018
Not a bad place to work at, company went through a buyout and said no managements changes coming, yet two months later they made many changes and eliminated my position.
Constantly asking people to get back to work no help from anybody above the lead op.
Back-up Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Niles, MIJanuary 23, 2018
They can’t get anybody to stay working there, had to train atleast 4 new people a week. Expected to do all the extra work of a lead op, but didn’t want to pay any extra.
Pros
I liked the people I worked with.
Cons
No help from the higher ups.
Good pay, bad morale
Shipping operator (Current Employee) –  Laurinburg, NCJanuary 20, 2018
For our area the pay is extremely well. Must be hired permanently 1 year to recieve 40 hrs paid and 2 emergency days. Hired 3 years to recieve 80 hrs paid 2 emergency days. Job security is high due to the demand for product and high retirement rate recently. At first morale overall amongst workers was high ,people enjoyed coming to work and therefore more productive. Now its more of we got bills thats why we here mood. Lack of experience and low quality of drive in new hires/temps in the past year makes the work day tiring and stressful.
Pros
Guaranteed at least 40 hrs. Optional overtime
Cons
Scheduling errors, lack of experience and drive in new hires, can't leave on breaks. $5 employee badge replacement
night work
Delivery Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 19, 2018
very hard to drive all night long with the equipment we were provided,vehicles were not equipped with fog lights or heated mirrors,group of drivers were great
Good workplace with low pay
Driver (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LADecember 29, 2017
Workplace culture was good. Pay was inadequate (barely above minimum wage) with meager raises. No incentives to stay with the company. Immediate supervisor was fair and approachable. Manager was not.
Company changed
Driver, Warehouse, Lead person (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 15, 2017
This review is from my experience from 1994 to 2003. The company has changed ownership since then. At time of hire, it paid fairly well and the hours were good. Equipment was well maintained. Warehouse was very clean and organized. Then some people came and went in warehouse and the office. Due to some employees taking advantage of company they reduced headcount and put more responsibility on remaining employees. Many days I would have to work double shifts to cover for missing employees. As supervisor I was given conflicting direction from different departments of management. The company finally closed the warehouse and laid all employees off who did not relocate.
Pros
Interesting company. Decent pay. Good equipment
Cons
not enough manpower for company goals. They open and close locations a lot.
Poor Management and lack of continuity
Warehouse Lead (Current Employee) –  USADecember 4, 2017
There's no job security. Will work you to it's benefit, not too concerned about employee satisfaction. 8 hour work days, no breaks, only a 30 minute lunch.
Cons
Short lunch break, poorly managed.
Great company Bad Management
Packer (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INNovember 20, 2017
lost my job do to a medical issue that happened at work on the clock tried to get me for insurance fruad all i did was pack car windows in to a rack for shipping
Fast paced and hard work
Operator in the Value Added (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INNovember 19, 2017
It becomes very hot inside the plant. My biggest issue was the amount of overtime in my department, something the other departments didn't really have an issue with. Working 80 some odd days in a roy, most of those days being required to stay and extra 4 hours each day, was very tiring and left no time for personal or family life.
Competetive
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 21, 2017
Good Company to for someone. they downsized in Dallas. it seems like an good company overall. its a big company with a lot of potential. they just have to make the right decisions going forward.
Good job. Great benefits
Packer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 7, 2017
Wonderful benefits at this workplace. Hot in the summertime but fast paced. Good pay. Opportunity for advancement. Fair temp to hire procedure. Managment was also very professional.
Pros
Good working environment. Good people. Great benefits.
Cons
Glass factory. Lots of heat.
Overall its not a bad place exept for management
Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Rossford, OHSeptember 4, 2017
Incompetent management. Lack of communication, Every manager/supervisor tells you something different. It is however a lot safer place to work now than it was when I started.
Productive fast paced.
Supervisor of Operations (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXAugust 17, 2017
Opportunity for advancememt was limited. Bachelor degree required for higher profile positions.
Steady job with good management. Good benefits and avarage vacation time.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Rossford, OHAugust 16, 2017
Very fast paced, team oriented type of job, can be a very hectic schedule for some people, pays very well with excellent benefits and plenty of opportunities for raises and advancements
Most interesting job.
Glass maker (Former Employee) –  Lathrop, CAJune 29, 2017
It was an adventure! I learned alot about troubleshooting different process problems quickly. Knew nothing about making glass when I started, but when the plant closed, I had been team leader for 4 years.
Pros
Liked going to work
Cons
Rotating shift schedule