Pilot Catastrophe

Pilot Catastrophe Employee Reviews

Pilot Catastrophe insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose

Stressful job but good pay

They don’t really train/prepare you to do the job as much as they expect for you learn on the go. Good pay but they’re quick to release you if you show lack of understanding, instead of training you to be prepared. Good job if you understand what you’re doing but don’t expect much help if you don’t.

They bring in new people for more than existing

I think its pretty dirty that they are paying people more per hour than people that have worked many years and hours there. You also have to dress up when Allstate wears jeans and t shirts. Silly

Pros

Cons

Pay. You have to dress up there.

Good company. Not good for raises or promotion.

I would rate it as the 3rd best company I've worked for. By far not the worst. They fired some personal without giving reasons and told us not to ask. No plan for growth and no raises after 5 years of work. But generally overall good.

Good company

Enjoyed my assignments. Good pay. Excellent management. Excellent training. Highly recommend. Some assignments are hectic but that’s to be expected.

Pros

High pay for contract work

Cons

Time away from family - assignments require travel

Good place to start

If you are starting out as an adjuster it is a good place to get your feet wet. With any company they are always trying to streamline to save money, it always cost the employee.

Pros

They do want to help people succeed

Cons

Have to wait your turn to get called if you are new to the industry. A lot of work for little pay

Leave a review. Help people like you.

I enjoyed working here. Management is pretty good. They understand if things come up. As long as you get your work done you have good job security.

Run do not apply for this company

Management is made up of bullies, will not listen to the adjusters in the field and they want to micromanage every aspect of your claims. There are a few managers who are cool, but they are far and few. If you report anything to Human Resources, they will not believe you even if you have proof of what you are telling them. Also management will lie they will get together to try and get their stories correct but make sure you have proof of what you are reporting and make sure you make copies of any and all emails that you send, so you will have them if you ever need to take them to court.

Pros

GOOD Pay

Cons

Lots of travel, poor management and poor human resources if you complain

Great people to work with

Worked with very professional, hard working people to achieve a common goal.They have a vast qty of experienced people to help with on the job training.Very good pay but allows no family time Helping people resolve their claims and get their work done was greatly rewarding

Pros

Great pay, pay check every week

Cons

no time for social life

Opportunity to grow career

The work is long and satisfying. Helping people after a disaster really is the most heart warming. Travel is the hardest part of working with emergency management The company makes it easier to do your assignment with the constant training support. The compensation was unmatched - I would recommend this company if you are driven, love helping people,, okay with travel assignments, flexible. willing to learn and make big money

Pros

Great leadership great pay

Cons

Long hours, travel away from your family months at a time

Good place to learn, train and work. Pay is always on time. Great management team that cares. Team player culture which is great. Have worked both property and auto inside.

Lots of hours, goes with the territory

Great place, great people. I enjoyed working with people, the insurance company and such. I had fun traveling. I really hate when dictated how many words I have to use to describe my experience.. so this is what I say after that.

Pros

Compensation

Cons

Hours

High pay at a high price

Since ive been there, over a dozen people have died on the job, often at their desks. The high paced, high pressure, micromanagement, chained to the desk with no time to exercise is a problem. Also, the contradictions that exist include an emphasis on quality one month and the next it's production, but in the middle of it, come major changes like 18 additional steps added to the contact process that leave you no time to adjust a claim.

Summary

I love the people I work with as much as the work performed to help those in catastrophic situations. It pays well and the work is very rewarding knowing we are able to provide peace of mind.

Typicall Insurance job

Good company overall, they seem to be on point. No problems with the management. Pay appropriately and could provide a Per Diem for all deployments and/or mark the adjuster as a Statutory employee so we could get to apply our deductions for travel expenses to our tax bills at the end of the year. Its expensive to travel these days and live on the road.

Great company to learn the industry.

Pilot has the best training. You will definitely gain the knowledge you need to work in the adjusting industry. The workload is heavy but management is there to help assist with any questions if needed.

You are a number with Pilot

There is so much Nepotism and such a "Clannish" closed door "I got a secret" attitude with management its terrible. Factions of management at the top are competing and infighting with each other and the good of the Company is not even a concern. The owners of the Company are not hands on and have no idea the mess the people running their Company have put it in. Their Company's contracts are going down the tubes they have lost major contracts because the Managers don't know how to service them and more losses are coming as their major client Allstate is diligently working to find a way out of the remaining contracts and it will happen. To much "Kingdom Building" among managers. If you have talent and ability you are seen as a threat and shoved aside

Fast pase environment

Enjoyed working with Pilot. The assistance with questions was great. For help they had set up a digital where you could call to get your questions answered.

Very Busy

There is a lot to take advantage of to learn from this company. Take notes in training because most of the training will be quick training classes. Those notes will help you.

Independent adjuster

Long hours and the lowest pay in the industry. It’s a family business and nepotism is high. Office politics determine whether you stay employed not strong work ethics. You have to be willing to play the game

Storn season can be time consuming

There are great opportunities and the ability to make really good money, but when storm season happens, be prepared to work at least 12 hours per day with no off days.

Good Luck

You spend your money to get to the training that they do for free and then you will be promptly ignored until whenever. They act like they do not know what is going on, not good if true and terrible if false.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pilot Catastrophe. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Pilot Catastrophe with