Pilot Catastrophe

Pilot Catastrophe Employee Reviews

Good place to learn, train and work. Pay is always on time. Great management team that cares. Team player culture which is great. Have worked both property and auto inside.
Great place, great people. I enjoyed working with people, the insurance company and such. I had fun traveling. I really hate when dictated how many words I have to use to describe my experience.. so this is what I say after that.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Hours
Since ive been there, over a dozen people have died on the job, often at their desks. The high paced, high pressure, micromanagement, chained to the desk with no time to exercise is a problem. Also, the contradictions that exist include an emphasis on quality one month and the next it's production, but in the middle of it, come major changes like 18 additional steps added to the contact process that leave you no time to adjust a claim.
I love the people I work with as much as the work performed to help those in catastrophic situations. It pays well and the work is very rewarding knowing we are able to provide peace of mind.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Good company overall, they seem to be on point. No problems with the management. Pay appropriately and could provide a Per Diem for all deployments and/or mark the adjuster as a Statutory employee so we could get to apply our deductions for travel expenses to our tax bills at the end of the year. Its expensive to travel these days and live on the road.
Pilot has the best training. You will definitely gain the knowledge you need to work in the adjusting industry. The workload is heavy but management is there to help assist with any questions if needed.
There is so much Nepotism and such a "Clannish" closed door "I got a secret" attitude with management its terrible. Factions of management at the top are competing and infighting with each other and the good of the Company is not even a concern. The owners of the Company are not hands on and have no idea the mess the people running their Company have put it in. Their Company's contracts are going down the tubes they have lost major contracts because the Managers don't know how to service them and more losses are coming as their major client Allstate is diligently working to find a way out of the remaining contracts and it will happen. To much "Kingdom Building" among managers. If you have talent and ability you are seen as a threat and shoved aside
Enjoyed working with Pilot. The assistance with questions was great. For help they had set up a digital where you could call to get your questions answered.
There is a lot to take advantage of to learn from this company. Take notes in training because most of the training will be quick training classes. Those notes will help you.
Long hours and the lowest pay in the industry. It’s a family business and nepotism is high. Office politics determine whether you stay employed not strong work ethics. You have to be willing to play the game
There are great opportunities and the ability to make really good money, but when storm season happens, be prepared to work at least 12 hours per day with no off days.
You spend your money to get to the training that they do for free and then you will be promptly ignored until whenever. They act like they do not know what is going on, not good if true and terrible if false.
The people here are great I enjoy the work I enjoy the training opportunities. I like all the people from different backgrounds and cities you get to meet and see.
Management works with you and helps to insure your success. The hours are long but you are well compensated. The workplace is relaxed and comfortable as long as you are performing your task.
Pilot is a great company for someone new to adjusting. They will provide you with all the neccessary training. Take advantage of all of the training opportunities they have to offer.
I am currently on the roster to go back and i will if needed. They dont pay the best in the field but for new adjusters this is a great place to get your start and establish some ecperience.
Would not go back due to management very unprofessional very unorganized poor training pay is good a lot of hours Pilot use to be a great company to work for
The best family oriented and owned adjuster firm. You can work for different insurance carriers and the training is excellent. The pay is good and the people you work with are nice, friendly and helpful. I love working here when there is work. It's contact only and sometimes deployments only last 2 weeks. Also the hours are long 12 hours a day 7 days a week so this means being away from home and your family.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Contract only, long hours
I worked for Pilot 14 years ago after Hurricane Wilma in FLA. I had planned to work as an adjusterr, but was steered into helping customers with claims. One of the best jobs, experiences I have ever had. I enjoy helping people.
Pros
Great upper management who trusted me.
Cons
Wish I could have deployed longer.
I am prejudice because the employees were my second family. In storm mode, a typical day is fast paced but exhilarating. One of the most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to help someone in their most stressful situation following storms. Pilot has a great charity outreach program and management offers the option for everyone to participate. These programs are enjoyable also.
Pilot was good to me and I would Consider a career with them. They provided good pay and good training while on the job. Being associated with pilot provided good companies to represent.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Seasonal work only
  1. Employee Reviews