Pilot Flying J
Information from Pilot Flying J:

Pilot Flying J Employee Reviews

United States2,502 reviews
Found 2,502 reviews matching the search
The only reason i left was because of the manager
The manager of the subway side is very rude, very inconsiderate and will attempt to intimidate both customers and the employees. The manager does not follow policy and is inconsistent between employees when considering what is an offense and what is not. If she doesn’t like you, the target is on your back. The job itself is very easy the only problems you will have is the manager and her child-like antics and possibly rude customers. Apply to the Subway side at your own risk.
Like Olive garde; when you're there, you're family.
Was a lot of fun working there. I honestly mis the job. The people were great to work with. Excellent benefits. Employee housing. Real family oriented.
No equal pay.
Been with the company for 3 years and recently found out that I am the lowest paid employee. I have trained multiple people that started out makeing more then me. Amazing staff but not worth being undervalued and overused.
Need better management
better management is needed, but other than that actually wasn't bad working with the other maintenance people and some of the cashiers. I had awesome customers that made the day good.
Overall I was pretty happy working for the company.
If you like customer service, you’ll love it there. They treat you like family and it was a very nice experience. The pay could be a little better but they definitely are in competition with other businesses of the same sort.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
I've worked for Pilot Company for over 5 yrs. Very flexible. Awesome boss. Fun environment. Good benefits. Full time at 30 hours 50% off of your food for lunch
Always been a fast paced environment
Truckers love it when I'm around cause I'm not slow at all doing maintenance work and cleaning the showers quickly and sometimes the beeper with unlock codes mess up and I constantly check if showers in use cause it may not register to the screen and we may have a line for the showers so if I find one empty I tell customers first that itll be a minute to clean and get towels and reset it quickly so they can be taken care of
Management is poor
Management is poor they do not treat everyone equal all minors are bad workers in the eyes of most adults here. Never order their trucks correctly. Most of the managers are rude
Bad Manger
I was let go due to a note from a neurology back in 2018 . I was having seizures and needed time off from work when I went back to work I was treated as a liability. They did nothing to help me get off of third shift where I would be working alone and my doctor advised against that. They look for any reason to fire me because I couldn't work third shift anymore after doing it for over 2 years. Anywhere else on the job even though I wasn't clean shower to shower. Truck driver windshield.

treated as a person that
Love the drivers
Drivers was kool.. many great ppl coming in with there stories. Management was kind of tight wad didn't appreciate the efforts of good workers. Revolving door atmosphere need to focus on retention.
Overall a pretty decent job
Overall a pretty decent job. Manager was pretty awful didn’t really care to much about the employees. Money was good. Paid weekly. Room for growth definitely.
Not a good place
Bad place to work at. Never really had any kind at my location. On call scheduling was a mess. Had to work out of a container. Those were the office. Had to go into store to write up work orders. Place is now shut down
Great place to work awesome team work inclusion with everyone schedules are usually easy to accommodate friendly staff great benefits helps with schooling for different degrees
Terrible place to work
Completely cut all benefits and pay for managers on all levels. Do not go to work for this company!! They talk a good game but they care less about their employees than homeless people begging
Bad management
The management has poor mentality, the employes are not valued correctly once that the hire a lot of people to have backups for the positions, also the harassment is high from the manager and supervisors to the employees
May 8, 2020
We take claims like harassment seriously. Please reach out to pfjhr@pilottravelcenters.com so we can understand the issues surrounding this matter.
Pilot Flying J
I loved working here everyone felt like family, Every team member from co-worker to manager had their own personality and were easy to talk to. Customers weren't so bad, but everyone can't be so nice or don't mesh with certain personalities, but the job all around was a great experience.
May 8, 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience with Pilot Flying J, and we hope you will share your positive work experiences with others in need of employment.
Pilot Wendy’s
The pay was good but not enough for the hassle the managers give you. The general manager is very rude and the other managers expect you to do most their jobs too while they sit in the office.
May 8, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to relay your concerns about the management. We'd like to discuss more if you could follow up with an email to pfjhr@pilottravelcenters.com.
Unappreciated
Over worked and under paid. People arent treated fairly. So much work drama happening and for being essential workers we sure aren't paid like we are they up your pay per hour then cut your hours how exactly that's fair is beyond me definitely a stressful job at times some staff have to work harder due to others standing around doing nothing...
May 8, 2020
Thank you for sharing this with us, as this is a serious concern. Please reach out to pfjhr@pilottravelcenters.com so we can understand the issues surrounding this matter and work to resolve them.
Management is a mess
Most of the employees are fun to work with but a few have drug problems and life problems which they bring to work. Management on the other hand is a whole other ball game. They need better structure.
Pay
I loved pilot at the beginning but the pay is not worth the work you have to do raises there are not to great. Some stores you can get hours and some you cant alot of stores like to hire new people that are a low pay grade and give them full time hours and cut hours on long time employees
May 4, 2020
It's a good place to work
I will recommend this place...you have the opportunity to advance and they will support you... flexibility...always something to do and learn everyday..
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
Pay could be better
May 4, 2020
We appreciate the great feedback and hope you've been able to grow with the company further. Don't be afraid to let us know if you need anything else.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pilot Flying J. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
2.9
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Pilot Flying J.