Pilot Flying J Employee Reviews

Found 1,689 reviews matching the search See all 1,721 reviews
fast paced and professional
Guest Service Lead 2 (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 17, 2019
What ever position you are in you must work quickly. This is a busy company and you must be able to efficiently and safely throughout the day while maintaining a professional demeanour.
Horrible pay
Driver (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 16, 2019
This company pays horribly and benefits are worthless you would think they could do at least one right nope they are greedy and they bring in outside carriers with drivers making $28 an hr and then pay there drivers $22 what is wrong with this place.
Pros
50 percent off food
Cons
Pay is unfair for the fuel industry
Work with a bunch of girls
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 15, 2019
BAD management worthless training. The trainer fell asleep while I was driving didn't teach anything. The dispatch was worthless bunch of girls dont work for this company
Pros
Cons
Dont work for this company
I would never !
CUSTOMER SERVICE - CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJanuary 14, 2019
I would never work here again . Overworked . Underpaid . Made you work off the clock . No understanding for life mishaps . I wouldn’t refer this place to my enemy
overall good
Retail Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 13, 2019
management is hit or miss but mostly well trained.
has your usual drama and stuff
retail sales specialist handles all inventory and orders

weekends off if a truck or order isn't scheduled
Pros
good pay, good benefits
Cons
its a gas station
Don’t work here. Not a good place to work
Retail Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 12, 2019
I worked at pilot in Tucson, and what I can tell you is to run for your life. At first you’re treated well, but once you’re there long enough, the GM, and some of the team members show their true colors. There is a reason why they’re hiring so many people right now. People quitting left and right because there’s way too many problems, way too much drama, and the GM does not care, and will not listen to you. In fact, you’ll get treated like you’re stupid. Favoritism goes a long way in that store, so if you’re lazy, but you’re a favorite, you’ll get away with anything and everything. If you work hard and go out of your way, but you’re not a favorite, you get treated terribly. The team members are very competitive so if you get recognized by management, certain members of that team will try to sabotage you. They’ll even outright lie about you just to try and get you in trouble, and you’ll most likely end up in trouble if the person who lied is a favorite. They expect you to go above and beyond for low wages. You won’t get paid enough to put up with the problems. If Management does not like you, they’ll mess with you on purpose to make you mad. Not so much the lower management as the GM. I don’t know how the GM still works there. I’m glad I quit working there. The store is run horribly. You have been warned. Good luck!
Pros
Discounted lunch, free drinks on shift
Cons
The GM is horrible, short breaks, favoritism, read my review.
The pilot was a great job and i am going to miss it.
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GaJanuary 11, 2019
The pilot was a high volume , customer oriented job. This was a great experiance, and a learned a lot about dealing with co-workers and customer complaints.
Pros
Great working atmosphere
Cons
Company policies are not clearly explained
The truck care program is a joke
Commercial Truck Location Lead - Location Manager (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIJanuary 11, 2019
Pilot Truck Care is largely a joke. The program wasn't thought through and is run on a catch as catch can basis. They over promised and under delivered. This might be the worst place I ever worked. After spending a year there and pushing everything else in my life aside and damaging my health they shut down my location (along with a slew of others) the DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS anyway. Perhaps if they had lent ANY reasonable amount of help in launching the program and made ANY effort towards its promotion and implementation the program might have worked. Instead, they pushed the blame off on the people at the location. A classic example of a company using and throwing people away like garbage. From what I've seen they have a revolving door as far as employees go, and with good reason
A Lot of Work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNJanuary 10, 2019
People would try to help you. If someone did not come in you would be told to stay till the next available worker showed up. You had to work mainly by yourself management could not be bothered to tell you what to do. If they saw you did not do something they wanted they would tell you. I did not know I was supposed to stock items all over the store till the night manager had me do it. Days when buses came in were very hectic.
This job was enjoyable
Diesel Cashier (Former Employee) –  Madera, CAJanuary 9, 2019
I enjoyed this job because I enjoy working fast paced jobs. We worked as a team and there were always customers to serve at this job. I learned the importance of efficiency and punctuality at this job. The clientele was diverse so I learned the importance of respecting the needs of our clients, as they are usually traveling from afar, its important to serve the customer as best one can in the short time available to not only make that lasting first impression but to genuinely serve the customer. The hardest part of the job is working under managers who are looking out for their own interests rather than serving the customer or serving their staff.
Pros
gained work experience, meeting people from all over the globe
Cons
Stress from working with unprofessional people
Quick paced work
Maitenance (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 9, 2019
Managment isnt very disciplined, and their lack of motivation hurts future employees. But if your self motivated and a hard worker there is always work to be done.
Pros
Always work to do.
Cons
Under paid for type of hours worked.
I worked there for 4 years
Nigh shift team leader (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 9, 2019
In the four years I worked there I got treated with disrespect and inappropriate language. If it didn't benefit them they didnt want to hear anything you said. They do not care about your well being
Pros
Cons
Hostile work enviroment
fast paced work environment
Guest Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJanuary 8, 2019
Fast paced work environment, meeting customer needs in a travel center. Upper management at this location was poor and made for a challenging work place.
nice place
Pilot (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJanuary 7, 2019
the time I was their it was known as Pilot not Flying J so it has been awhile I really enjoyed their company and the people I worked with they were fun however room to advance was far and few
Great place to work.
Deli Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, ARJanuary 6, 2019
Management is great. Trains proper ways of handling foods, customer service, and proper money handling procedures. Everyone works well together and gets along great.
Pros
Healthcare, wages.
Toxic atmosphere
Fuel hauler (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, NYJanuary 6, 2019
Lead driver / trainer constantly makes racial remarks. Always confrontational .Talks poorly about fellow drivers. Not a team player . Changes attitudes when regional management is around. Very toxic atmosphere due to lead driver/trainer. Upper management aware but does nothing.Not a friendly place to work.
Pros
Money
Cons
Lead driver/trainer
Most of my co-workers are fun to work with, altho their language is foul.
Maintenance/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 6, 2019
They advertised $12, altho I have the experience they lowballed me to $ 11. The hours aren't consistent so it's not enough to live on. They don't do drug testing so you're forced to work with people who come to work high and no one in charge says anything altho they know co-workers are high. Some coworkers steal your tips from cleaning showers. Foul language over the radio when GM is not there.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Low wages, not enough hours
A lot to learn
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boonville, MOJanuary 4, 2019
learned how gas stations work. How to do lottery, big rig fuel transactions. How to get them their weight tickets, send faxes. We got food for them, checked the customers in for showers, even did car fuel trans actions.
Pros
can call in when you REALLY need to.
Cons
flirty truckers
Fun
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gary, INJanuary 3, 2019
Things are suppose to be prepped for thew next shift. But it was not always done before my shift. But i worked hard. My boss was awesome. very understanding. I enjoyed working with all my coworkers.
Unproductive but productive at times
Deli Worker (Current Employee) –  Bath, NYJanuary 2, 2019
some people are productive, some are not. most people cause drama. Managers are friendly. Underpaid. Work around a schedule. Cashiers are rude or mean. very fast pace.
Pros
discount
Cons
no benefits unless full time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pilot Flying J. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Pilot Flying J.

Powered by Comparably