Pilot Flying J Employee Reviews

Found 1,766 reviews matching the search See all 1,803 reviews
Worst manager ever
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, MNMarch 22, 2019
Manager had no idea what she was doing and miserable at training people in properly. Favoritism, sabotage and negative people. Customers are gross and rude.
Cons
not a good place to work!!!!
Wendys Fry cook (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 22, 2019
It honestly depends on the person. For me it was not a good place to work. They were unfair and biased towards certain employees. They promoted illegal use of drugs on work premises. Planning and organizational skills were poor to say the least.
Perfect place for a first job
Deli Team Member (Current Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNMarch 22, 2019
This job is the actual worst, we lost about 6 people if not more in the last 4 months because this business doesn't offer decent wages and the people that come in are autistic.

I do like some of the people I work with so that's a plus. The one thing that ticks me off the most is that there is a huge turn over that everyday I do the job of two people and I get blamed for not getting done on time.

Anyways the pay is garbage, the people who come in are garbage and the benefits I have no idea because they told me I wasn't eligible for benefits till 90 days but in fact it was 60 days and never brought up that fact if I wanted them or not, which by the way they need me signature stating if I want it or not and they didn't ask me.
Pros
Free food every so often when I make it NFG
Cons
Once. Right hand man to floormat
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 21, 2019
Everyone is not held to the same standard.It is called the" Just fix it Standard.where one person continuously fixes everything . honesty= negativity.
Pros
Shift
Cons
No equality, favoritism, nepotism
Review
Baker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Castaic, CAMarch 21, 2019
Management is horrible she had her favorites and it showed and always yelled at everyone unless they were a manager as well definitely don’t recommend working there
Fun to work
Floor Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMarch 20, 2019
I learn a lot from other employees,it was fun they take care of you like a family love working there that GM is a nice person very understanding boss,I learn how to stock merchandise,how to work in a group I learn also how to stock that cooler ,I learn how to talk to customers
Pros
Thanks first week you get free lunch
Cons
10 minutes brcks
stressful co workers arent the best to work with
Deli Production (Current Employee) –  Northfield, MNMarch 19, 2019
Not the best place to work; long term stressful due to unplanned management. Needs more workers to have an efficient and well running work environment.
Pros
discount
Cons
stressful
Started picking up
General Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Rhome, TXMarch 18, 2019
If you request a day off for a doctor appt management doesn’t care and will see if it can be allowed. Manager is a tire tech and wants to pretend to be a mechanic. Shady, they go behind your back and will find any reason (I.e. not cleaning the bathroom prior to leaving) to write you up. Decent pay for a truck stop. Would not recommend to anyone to work here
Pros
Free fountain drinks
Cons
not great, not greatest, not even good
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Beach North DakotaMarch 18, 2019
toxic work environment, a lot of work place drama, didnt matter how well you do your job you still get the 3rd degree, great place to work if your a high school kid or an old lady that just needs a little spending cash, but not a place to work if you want to get somewhere in life
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
whiny co-workers, very low pay for the location
Times have changed.
above store support (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 15, 2019
They used to be a nice family oriented company and enjoyed working for them. Times have changed. They still claim they are all about people but it is definitely all about profits. There are not enough employees to take care of customers and most of the store support are stressed and over worked. Ownership is changing and upper management is disengaged.
Pros
Pay if you can handle the stress.
Cons
Disengaged management and changing ownership.
Nothing but lies
Crude Oil Driver (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, OHMarch 14, 2019
Within 6 weeks of taking a job in the crude oil division, they changed the schedule from the promised 4 on 2 off schedule and 325 daily minimum, to 5/1 and no guaranteed minimum. In the past with snow you'd wait for hours for the roads to be cleared and run as much as you can knowing you'd make your minimum. There's now zero incentive to do so and detention time isn't paid on load pay. Trucks are poorly maintained along with other equipment.
Pros
Cons
everything
Pilot flying j employee.
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAMarch 14, 2019
Great place to work. Training is done properly. Fellow employees are well trained to get the job done. If they offered benefits it would be much better.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No benefits
interesting place to work
Cashier / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNMarch 13, 2019
There are plenty of visitors from all over since most 18 wheeler drivers stop there. It was very interesting and fast pace. They serve hot bar food which is updated hourly so that's always a plus as well.
Pros
4 breaks in an 8 hour shift. 3 10 mins and 1 30 min
Cons
self check outs took it over for the most part
sucks
Subway Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marion, NCMarch 11, 2019
It really is a bad job honestly if you work at any gas station over night it is going to be bad not for everyone
anybody can be a manager even if you shouldnt be
Liked company more before FBI raid and selling company.
Not this (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 9, 2019
Work loads are not balanced and hiring and advancement seem to be based on "who you know". Worked several years with the company but in the last 5 years, since the FBI Raid, the company atmosphere has eroded. Company's new policy seems to be "out with the older employees and in with young inexperienced".
Fun place to work
Deli manager (Former Employee) –  Falfurrias, TXMarch 9, 2019
Its a good place to work at. Full time hrs are 30 hrs or more. Management is a good team and so are the crew members. Everybody works as a team & help each other
Pros
Discount meals
Cons
When slow hrs are cut
wish i could giver 0 stars
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Blythe, CAMarch 7, 2019
management sucks. one of the busiest flying j in America and everyone is so unorganized. food is expired and they try to sell it, and that is what led me to leaving.
Overall Well Managed
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Covington, INMarch 6, 2019
I believe this is a great place to start work especially for a first, great managers and even better scheduling. People have better attitudes and overall the work environment is safe
All that matters is the bottom line only!
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLMarch 6, 2019
If the shift before you don't do what they suppose to do, you have to pick up their slack as well. Management will not care as long as the job is done. You can literally fake your job in maintenance dept and get away with it. Overnight maintenance has to pick up where 2nd shift left off. Supply Storage in the back of building is never locked overnights. Outside trash on the truck side and trash side suppose to be checked at the beginning of your shift and at the end of your shift. BUT 2nd shift NEVER checks before they leave. Same for the restrooms. They always a mess and showers are too, but you have to have everything done by 6am which sucks when you start off in the whole. You have to do laundry and keep showers, restrooms clean all night. Sweep, mop, vacuum, do inside and out trash. Too much for low pay, especially after taxes. Not enough to support a family. If you complain to Management don't waste your time. They do not care. You will constantly be behind because 2nd shift slacks off! One maintainence worker per shift is ridiculous! Except 1st shift which has 2 workers in maintenance but 2nd and 3rd is just one and you constantly get called to do other stuff all night aside from your list of duties. Management will actually say 2nd shift is known for slacking but says 3rd shift has to pick up their slack.
Pros
50% of some hot foods
Cons
Too many to list
Pilot was a fast pace job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa Lake, MIMarch 5, 2019
Loved the fast pace of the job liked the people I dealt with everyday. Liked the people I worked with Liked teaching other people to run cash register

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pilot Flying J. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight