Pilot Flying J Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,447 reviews matching the search See all 1,475 reviews
Fun relaxed workplace
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, NMJuly 13, 2018
working for subway was an enjoyable job and the pay was good. the management were all great and overall i loved working for Pilot Flying J. there was a good chance i could've became a shift leader if i didnt go to college.
decent
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ripon, CAJuly 11, 2018
It was a decent place to work. I only worked there for a short time but it was enjoyable. You greet everyone who enters the store and assist them on finding items if they need help.
Some good people but mostly poor ran
Janitor (Former Employee) –  New Haven, INJuly 11, 2018
The managment was well ran by the little managers but the big bosses didnt car about anyone but themself an treated everone poorly i wasnt ok seeing that or being around it so i left that situation was not good for me at all.
Great friendly place to work
Shift Leader/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Theodore, ALJuly 11, 2018
The jobs as a cashier there are pretty slow paced not very hard . Most people who work there are very few day and long time employees . If there was an opening for employment now I would apply
Pros
Nice people and great work inviorment
Cons
Pay isn't very good
I liked it just some management need to step up
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 11, 2018
I worked overnight cashier and I felt like I should of been management because I did 98% of all overnight duties while manager slacks all night I feel like any business is a group effort not just one employee
Pros
Laud back
Cons
No help
nice place to work and people are great to work with
cashier (Current Employee) –  Gaffney, SCJuly 11, 2018
it was a great place to work and the employers was nice and the hard part about working there was to get used to how to check the truckers out and how to cash their checks. but it is a great place to work.
Demanding, exhausting , poorly managed and iformed work environment
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Albany, MSJuly 11, 2018
Not the best place to work, but valuable information about the quality services and care given the public and yourself will never be forgotten. Definitely a hard but valuable experience!
Pros
The people
Cons
The people. Discounts
Not fun
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  NCJuly 9, 2018
I was demoted because the stores Parlevel no longer required an GSM. So I knocked down from an assistant manager to shift leader but still expected to do the same task but with less hours.
Pros
Free drink
Cons
No one listens
Easy job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHJuly 9, 2018
The job overall was easy ..mangement paid attention to employee needs as well as company needs trying to balance all in the end I needed to switch hours to day time and was only given a couple days leaving me unable to pay bills I lost my car I had to find another job
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
It's like working in highschool
fast paced but enjoyable job
cashier (Current Employee) –  Carneys Point, NJJuly 7, 2018
i dont mind working there. the thing i like about most is the regulars i get are awesome they make your day fun. the system its self is hard to learn at first beacause there is so much to learn but its not to bad after awhile. when you get the one driver that can just be a ignorant makes your day suck but overall i would suggest working there to anyone
productive place to work
Fuel Transportion Driver (Former Employee) –  Walcott, IAJuly 5, 2018
Driving a fuel hauler, going to terminals to pick up product. Dropping at the store that was sent through peoplenet. They had good insurance when it was just Pilot but when they merged with Flying J they changed the insurance to a higher deductible and higher price. They pay was very good for the drivers and we were treated well.
Pros
got to work on my own
Cons
long lines at terminals
Good vibe
Deli Member (Former Employee) –  Dunnigan, CAJuly 5, 2018
Work hard make sure you don't lose your patients. It can be hard at first but you'll find your way of working there. The people working there in there pretty nice.
Pros
Breaks where oky
Cons
Lack of communication
It was okay
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 5, 2018
Working at pilot was an okay experience. I maintain my daily task plus i help out with other task, even if it wasn't my responsibly. It had a good work crew as well.
Fun, excellent place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Carnesville, GAJuly 4, 2018
I loved working for pilot it was fun fast paced and always found something to do when my job was done or I had some down time. Only reason I left was I relocated
Pros
Discounted meals, guaranteed breaks
Cons
No complaints
Pilot flying j
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Catlettsburg, KYJuly 3, 2018
Pilot flying j was my very first job, when I started this company it wasnt to bad the pay was good and there was room for advancement to move further in the company to make a career out of it. But there was so much miss communication between gm and District manager that nothing ever got accomplished no matter who they put in the positions they didn't care about the employees at all. They would tell you one thing and then say another.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Stressful
Not fun. Always moving. Bad managment
Cashier and Cook (Current Employee) –  Calhoun, GAJuly 1, 2018
Wouldn't recommend unless you can take alot of drama for $10.00 a hour. I used to work here on second shift. And it could get pretty crazy sometimes. Lots of drama.
Pros
Discounted lunch
Store Systems Team
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 29, 2018
Managers are always in meetings and don't provide a lot of feedback unless there is a crisis. I have been in same role for over 15 years, and so have others. We get new titles with more responsibility but no commensurate pay raise.
Pros
Flexible time off
Cons
No advancement, back stabbing
Fun workplace, can learn alot
Tire and Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  Dunnigan, CAJune 29, 2018
Management never seems to be on the same page, and it hurts the employees more than anyone else. Get to meet alot ot people from all around the world, these truck drivers come from everywhere
Pros
50% food inside the truck stop
Cons
Short breaks, on call, no weekends
good experience
Stocker/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Falls Creek, PAJune 29, 2018
I had a good experience working at pilot. I found both management and staff to be friendly and helpful during my time with this company. I also really enjoued all the different people I met as customers coming through this location. Never a dull day!
Pros
always meeting new people
Cons
flexible hours available because they are open 24/7
Good to work at. Great benefits.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Effingham, ILJune 28, 2018
Clocked in and checked temps on the roller grills. Did a quick manager walk to see what all needed to be addressed. Ran registers for awhile. Made sure breaks and lunches were giving. And then at the end of shift I done end of day.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Management needs a little work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pilot Flying J. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss