Pilot Flying J Employee Reviews

Found 1,892 reviews matching the search See all 1,933 reviews
I’m friendly and nice
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Millersport, OHJune 14, 2019
I joke around with my customers to make them smile I always keep myself busy everyone I work with is friendly and do there jobs perfectly. I’ve always felt like they care for everyone
Horrible job
Overnight maintenance (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 13, 2019
Flying. J has poor management and didn't pay me my first pay check so I assumed that they kept it and then came to find out they never attempted to pay me it bc they were under the impression that they paid me already
ok good money
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJune 13, 2019
boring. same thing every day. eat sleep work thats it. good equipment, would have stayed had they put in a new lead driver. best part was going to georgia
Very fast paced, not enough training time for new hires, not a very professional atmosphere
Guest Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Graham NCJune 13, 2019
Tempers run high here. Turnover rate is high due to lack of training. Running a busy shift with new, poorly trained associates seems to have become the norm. Our building is old and has lots of issues.
Happy work environment
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORJune 12, 2019
Great bosses and great co-workers. Good hours for dedicated employees. Incentives. Advancement opportunities. Friendly and fun work environment. Paid weekly
good job for someone who has a working spouse, not so good to try to support yourself with.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Baldwin, FL 32234June 11, 2019
it is not a career, it is great job as a part time or for a high school kid just needing to pay his or her phone bill. it was a new exp. for me to work with the public. that part I enjoyed, however the manager there expected too much to be done in the 4 to 5 hours per day he scheduled you to work. I was expected to be a janitor: cleaning restrooms, showers and gas pumps, taking out trash mopping store ect... stock person: stocking the cooler and the supply closet. Laundry tech. : washing towels and wash clothes for the showers. Security: monitoring parking lot for truck drivers who parked in non- parking places. (they like to fight too) and finally Maintenance: replacing the broken toilet paper holders, paper towel dispensers, broken gas nozzles / handles, door locks on bathroom stalls, ect....
Good luck with them
Deli member (Former Employee) –  Arlington, WAJune 7, 2019
Poor leadership, not enough employees, penalized for not completing other people's responsibilities.
Unclear benefits application process, and poor return on promises made at time of hire, and the lack of 40 hours as promised. I couldn't and wouldn't live with that.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
See above
good place to work and take care of guests needs
GM (Current Employee) –  Evanston, WYJune 6, 2019
Start at 6 am and work 9 - 10 hours daily. continue to hone-in my maintenance and repair knowledge. New challenges with experienced and new employees is beneficial. Working with sometimes difficult customers is always challenging but rewarding when communication is established.
Pros
discounts on food and fuel
Cons
remote locations
It's a job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  La Grande, ORJune 6, 2019
It was a typical cashier job, nothing special about it. You come in, you worked, be friendly to customers and your fellow employees. Not much to say. I just did my job, and I was making headway I suppose before i had to leave.
Overbearing Managers and Corporate
Customer Service Rep-3 (Shift/Lead) (Former Employee) –  Wildwood, FLJune 6, 2019
Corporate penalizes store for location and sales being low. No actions from them for unsafe working conditions. Management over bearing and inappropriate with employees.
Good job, worst customers
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Vega, TXJune 6, 2019
The store was in a small town of about 400 people so finding employees was hard. Most had to drive 30 min or more to work. They made up for it in pay, the only problem was night shifts really needed more people. The job was actually pretty good, the customers were another story. 85 percent were rude, threatened to kill us, beat us or just called us names for following pocedures. I would still work for company but the truck driving foreigners are unbearable.
Pros
Insurance is good
Cons
Customers are the worst.
If you need SOME money weekly, then ok.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 6, 2019
A lot of work, waiting on customers, putting up weekly truck that deliver food & truck supplies. Daily stocking and cleaning. Not a good place for growth unless you want to become a GM.
Pros
Weekly Pay
Cons
Low Pay
Work Relationships
Restaurant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Baldwin, FLJune 6, 2019
Pilot is very fast paced job, I learned all my skills in management with this company. If you think you will fig a better job with another, think again.I made this mistake and regret leaving my position with Pilot.
Pros
competitive
Cons
rumors fly
What a nightmare
Crude Oil Hauler (Former Employee) –  Lovington, NMJune 6, 2019
If you like cameras in your face this is the place for you, employees snitch on other employees, waiting on trucks, they’ll try to write you up for any little thing, dispatch sucks, they screw you over on pay, the 401k is a joke, the benefits are expensive, you constantly driving a different truck every day and they are dirty, this is the worst company I ever worked for it was a nightmare. Applicants be aware of this place
Pros
Cons
Waiting for a truck, pay, 401k, benefits
fast past invierment
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Lost Hills, CAJune 5, 2019
a little stressful but a good place to work for temporary. a good job for students that seeking for part-time job. Pay rate is pretty fair for a the job.
Horrible company racist and not lgbtq friendly
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Kearney, MOJune 5, 2019
The Kearney Missouri store is horrible upper management will lie to you every chance they get as shift lead you will give up your whole life for little to no money they are racist and when you report it they will fire you .if you want to go back to high school and like the drama this is the job for you if you like never having a day off and working every holiday for 16 hours . every holiday this may be the job for you .they use you until they can't anymore if your a woman and want to keep your self respect I would not apply for this job ..
Pros
There is not any pros
Cons
It's not worth giving up your whole life
Dont work here
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lovington, NMJune 5, 2019
If you want to be micromanage come here to work but this place is horrible camaras looking at you at all times inside the truck they can listen to everything you said at all times they don’t allowed even to use Bluetooth the benefit are horrible the only positive think is the supervisor and the free housing free for now until the greedy warren buffet start charging for it .. they give you a warning for everything
It’s not worth it to come here to work
Pros
Housing and pay
Cons
Micromanage at all times even if you pick your nose they give you a warning
Just say no if you are a Female employee
Cashier lead - gsl2 (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaJune 4, 2019
company blatantly favors male employees for promotion- never gives raises- forget any overtime- if you stay late- your hours will be cut later - no overtime- no advancement- too much expected of shift leads for $12 an hour- store managers are a joke- no help- just criticism for all aspects of your job... employees are a constant revolving door due to lack of training and negative atmosphere..
Pros
Cons
too many
DONT waste your time
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Madera, CAJune 2, 2019
Like I said don’t waste your time applying, you bearly get any hours unless Someone calls in and they need an idiot who can jump in but yea pay not great , management is a joke. It’s a waste of time
Pros
50% off ONLY the food they make
Cons
Everything else
just a driver
Fuel Truck Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARJune 2, 2019
management said drivers are a dime a dozen. Never keep their promises and seniority means nothing to them. a lot of backstabbing and sneaky people out for themselves.
Pros
Cons
too many to list

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pilot Flying J. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss