Pilot Flying J

United States3,454 reviews

Found 3,454 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,540 reviews
flyingtruckerdrivershowerdelistoretruckpfj

It’s beautiful

A great place to work at , drivers are friendly and helpful money could be better and that about it I loved it …. And I can’t really say nothing bad about pilot are the drivers …. Louisiana locations I can’t speak for the other locations

It was ok

Not the best pay. Was younger and didn’t think too much of it. Most coworkers were also younger and so no one took their jobs there very seriously. Beginners job

February 7, 2023
Thank you for sharing this with us, as this is a serious concern. Please reach out to pfjhr@pilottravelcenters.com so we can understand the issues surrounding this matter and work to resolve them.

Pilot Flying J insights

Based on 3,136 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Terrible Employer

Took about 30 days on the job to realize this company is the worst place I've ever worked in my 50 years in the workforce. GM are young and inexperienced in travel center operations and how to build a solid team of people dedicated to doing a great job. Instead, they worry about their performance bonuses and focus on minor details of the store and overlook far more important issues. And if you are someone who has experience and wants to help don't bother offering suggestions. They will be completely ignored, surprisingly even when it's a proven method or procedure used widely by other Pilot Travel Centers. Executives are primarily responsible because this is evidence of little to no training, particularly management skills, offered to newly placed GM's. My advice is to go elsewhere for employment.

Okay place

The people are okay and depends on who you with with, it can be fun. But always low on stuff and stuff always breaks. They also show favoritism and never want to put money into having nicer things.

February 7, 2023
We are sorry to hear your feedback on our culture, but appreciate you sharing your experience with us. We are a growth company and work towards improving culture across the board. We'd like to continue the conversation and discuss your comments further. Please reach out to pfjhr@pilottravelcenters.com.

Do not work here

This place is horrible to work at. You tell them you can work anything but overnight. Then tell you after 3 months that you have to go to overnight or no longer have a job so I took the overnight shifts. Had a death in the family asked for one day to go to the funeral and was told that if I didn’t not come to work I was fired so I didn’t even get to go to say the final good my to my mother in law.

Pros

Cons

Nothing at the store or around

Great place

Good place to work out with little stress and no homework . Management was not the greatest but the company overall goal to keep employees. They have weeklypay and good benefits

February 7, 2023
Thank you for sharing your experience with Pilot Flying J, and we hope you will share your positive work experiences with others in need of employment.

Fun place to work

Great management team, awesome people. Hours customer service. Lots of opportunities with Flying J. I would definitely go back. I also recommend to people. Just all together a great company.

February 7, 2023

Long hours, work days including weekends

Shifts are 12 hours and work on weekends. New hires will start on the night shift.Off days will be 2 consecutive week days.Favoritism shown to some drivers.

Pros

Hourly pay went up to $27 per hour.

Cons

12 hour shift. Weekend work required.Favoritism

February 7, 2023

What is the best part of working at the company?Working for this company overall was a great experience. I enjoyed being able to perform my customer service to its full potential. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Working night shift and weekends What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Very fast pace. You interact with different people from different walks of life. What is a typical day like for you at the company?I actually enjoyed working there. It was always busy .

February 7, 2023

What is the best part of working at the company?They give you $10 to eat lunch all the drinks you want even coffeeWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?They work you to death not worth the payWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?It’s fast paste…very busy I barely get to breathe the people are coolWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Non stop movement Truck drivers very nasty people garbage thrown all over

February 7, 2023

What is the best part of working at the company?You can always work more hours.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Each worker is responsible for too much, including every worker no matter what position including food service has to go clean the customer bathrooms five times a day.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Very transient employees that don't tend to stay long at all. You can barely find somebody that has been there at all for 2 years.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Very likely to be called in early and expected to stay late. Like I said you clean the customer bathroom five times a shift. A lot of customers from different cultures which actually I enjoyed, but some other staff do not. It is like working in a little city considering truck drivers live out of the truck stops. There are customer showers, laundry room, and usually a TV room.

February 7, 2023
We appreciate you expressing your concerns. Let's continue the conversation to see how we can improve. Please reach out to us at pfjhr@pilottravelcenters.com to discuss your comments further.

Interesting challenge everyday

I loved not knowing how my day would go. People call out alot and management never stepped up when i was there years ago, they wouldn't care if you had sleep or not

February 7, 2023
Thank you for taking the time to relay your concerns about the management. We'd like to discuss more if you could follow up with an email to pfjhr@pilottravelcenters.com.

What is the best part of working at the company?Great staff exceptional service overall Awesome 😎What is the most stressful part about working at the company?No e that I can remember honestly!What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Fast paced work environment and the culture is professional and drama free!!What is a typical day like for you at the company?Consistent

Ok place to work

It was a good company starting out but when don’t kiss but to disrespect then they want to get rid of u . they need to have a union to protect your position

Toxic

Run!!! Very toxic environment!Don't make the GM mad or they make your life miserable. I worked in Ocala last year boss always complaining.i started out happy but many miserable employees

Cons

Breaks even if u don't take 1 u get clocked out

February 7, 2023

Fun workplace once you weed out the bad apples

Great place to work once you get rid of the lazy and overgrown kids that like to keep drama going. Good place to be in in you want to advance yourself with a decent company

What is the best part of working at the company?The crew I work with What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Very busy at times but then will slow down What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Friendly and outgoing What is a typical day like for you at the company?Constantly moving and staying busy

February 7, 2023
We appreciate the positive feedback and hope you’ve been able to grow with the company further. Don't hesitate to share other thoughts with us in the future.

Just don't

Short staffed due to poor management, and lack of work ethic employees. Management talks to you anyway they want to with no repercussions from higher ups. Don't go out of your way to help because then it's expected ALL the time. Don't work nights management is even worse.

Pros

Free lunch

I loved it

I tried to keep to myself most of the time but there was a lot of personal drama and issues between Chiefs and Indians. I was expected to train in 4 different areas and cover the areas that were short staffed. There are never enough good employees here to keep things running smooth.

Pros

Free food, fast paced, easy to catch on

Cons

Short breaks, bad pay, drama, unrealistic expectations

January 25, 2023

not giving full time hours even though your a full time employee

the pay isnt enough. could use a dollar or two raise. And not full time hours that your suppost to recieve. and deseptive with there answers to questions you may ask? like are they really selling the company and is that affecting are hours or is it really them working us twice as hard and cutting hours so that they can get there bonuses? I enjoy working with most of my coworkers. but like i said its a lot of work for the pay and need more workers on evening shifts. they tend to have to much help during the day and none at night.

Pros

free lunches, paid weekly

Cons

not 40 hour week, no steady schedule, boss doesnt cover weekend shifts if needed or evenings.

January 25, 2023

What is the best part of working at the company?This company is a horrible place to work for they treat you very badWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?The truckers are very very rude What is the work environment and culture like at the company?It is very bad. The management is very hateful and treat you like youre stupidWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?A typical day for flying j is horrible

January 25, 2023
We take claims like this seriously. Please reach out to pfjhr@pilottravelcenters.com so we can understand the issues surrounding this matter.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pilot Flying J. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Pilot Flying J.
Powered byComparably