Pilot Flying J Employee Reviews

If you love your family, this is not the company for you.
Restaurant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 20, 2018
Terrible life to work balance. If you are single and looking to work yourself to death, this company is for YOU! Required to work at least 50 hours, but you'll end up working more. They are all about supporting the team members but seem to forget that managers are also team members. No support when it comes to helping to staff restaurants up. Impose impossible standards on high volume, short staffed stores.
Pros
Profit Share
Cons
Everything else
Fun, fast paced place to work at
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tonkawa, OKSeptember 20, 2018
Amazing co workers, amazing customers. Something new everyday, I never dread going into work. This place has been one of the best jobs I have ever worked at. I highly recommend
Fast paced, service oriented performance driven.
Guest Service Leader (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCSeptember 20, 2018
Customers are the reason you are scheduled. You are hired to provide superior customer service in a friendly, inconsistent atmosphere. Consistencies are based upon peak sales hours, and therefore dictate the operation day to day. Number one diesel fuel sales in the southeast. Professional driver focused from diesel sales to restrooms to coffee to kitchen. Performers thrive, non performers get wiened out and replaced. Strict adherence to professional experience. This job, minus the pay and the negative examples, was my favorite job I ever worked as a service lead. Pilot was my family, customers and coworkers no difference.
Pros
Dependable
Cons
Stressful, fast paced
Pilot
GSM (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 19, 2018
Great company to work for. I would stay but I need time with my kids. I was with them over ten yrs. Anyone would enjoy working for them. I loved every day of my job.
Productive and friendly atmosphere
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ionia, MISeptember 18, 2018
I really enjoy working at Pilot. It gives me a chance to help people in their every day lives. I've always felt very strongly about providing excellent customer service and have gained more experience through the travel center.
Pros
Very helpful team members and managers
Yeah its energetic
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARSeptember 18, 2018
Its interisting and i like it i just know me and my heart is there even though it belongs doing something else I give things my all and im a fast learner..
Pros
Free lunches by managememt
Cons
People callin in.
Such a fun work environment
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GASeptember 17, 2018
Three was no job like the one I had at pilot. it was the one job I wish I never left. but due to the situation I was in, I had no choice. It was the best job I've had.
Fast paced work environment
Cashier and diesel cashier (Former Employee) –  Dade City, FLSeptember 17, 2018
Fun, fast paced work environment. Ability to meet many new people everyday and the chance chance to socialize with them as well. Schedules need more flexibility though.
Not the best but good for a place holder
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Belmont, AZSeptember 15, 2018
This isn't a job you want to stay at for a long time, they're having trouble hiring and the pay isn't too great for the work you need to do. low staff but the days can be anywhere from slow to extremely busy
They can be stressful
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYSeptember 15, 2018
I had seen 4 different GM's in the course of a year and a half. Only one knew what he was doing. The problem was the mentality there as that you need a body to fill the space, however it dint seem to matter if that body never actually did the work, as long as someone was there.
New management is all fot themselves
Matinence everything (Former Employee) –  Troutman, NCSeptember 14, 2018
They are dirty greedy people.let go of good help n management.ppoor salary
Poor appreciation how hard they work employees.never enough help.they expect 1 person to to 3 jobs on a shift at low pay..out for themselves.
Laid Back weekly themed dress up
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Channelview, TXSeptember 13, 2018
Maintained up-to-date knowledge of store policies regarding payments, returns and exchanges. Prevented store losses using awareness, attention to detail and integrity. Operated a cash register to process cash, check and credit card transactions. Administered all point of sale opening and closing procedures. Explained information about the quality, value and style of products to Influence customer buying decisions. Replenished floor stock and processed shipments to ensure product availability for customers.
Pros
laid back, decent breaks
Cons
unorganized management
Good environment, but demanding
Guest Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Crossville, TNSeptember 12, 2018
Our store was very well maintained and ran, due to being close to corporate. Management works with your schedule and tries to keep employees, but due to our high overturn rate it was hard. Workplace culture was very laid back as long as you got your job done (will vary between stores). The hardest part of the job would be dealing with rude customers, but management will stand behind you if customers get too rowdy. I have recommended Pilot Flying J to many of my friends and they love working here.
Pros
relaxed management, fun activities, great pay/benefits
Cons
time commitment
They treat women poorly
Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 10, 2018
The company treats women terribly. The focus all their resources on developing the men in the company and over look females. They also treat long term employees poorly. It is a terrible place to work with minimal pay. Expected to run with minimal staffing.
Pilot flying j
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Albany, GASeptember 10, 2018
It's a great company to work for , but gets stressful at times . But I enjoyed meeting new customers each day I worked there.........,.........................
Pros
30 lunch
Cons
Two 10 breaks
Good job with benefits
Lead Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mahwah, NJSeptember 9, 2018
Enjoy working here but sometimes feel like i am in high school. Lazy workers are praised while the few hard working employees are chastised and scolded. Otherwise good place to work. If you keep an open mind and ignore drama.
Pros
Optional overtime, room for advancement, benefits, flexible schedule.
Cons
Lazy management, improper training.
Productive work place
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCSeptember 8, 2018
Overall I enjoyed working for this company great work experience. I enjoyed the people I worked with as well as all the loving customers. A great company to grow with.
Productive great place to work. Great people to work for
Janitorial (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 6, 2018
Pilot j, was laid back a slow pace job. I need a job that's going to give me 40 hrs or more a week. The job was great!! I've meet a lot of great people. Pilot j is a nice place to work a good company worh great benifits
Good people to work with.
Coffee Hostess, kitchen staff (Former Employee) –  Bath, NYSeptember 6, 2018
Fun environment to work in, coworkers and customers were easy to work with. Many interesting customers every day. Could be very fast paced, especially with tourist buses.
Not a career job
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Gary, INSeptember 6, 2018
The job is about politics and doesn't care for the employees. The customers make the job enoyable. Management makes you feel easily replacable. The job taught me better leadership skills and lessons on how to get ahead in the work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pilot Flying J. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.1

2.1Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight