Pilot Flying J Employee Reviews

productive
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Saint George, UTJune 21, 2018
they only have one deli person working even during the holidays and peak hours. it can be stressful at times and the don't train u good. you only have3 days of training. they could have improvement, commuitcation is not good. mangment has a lack of comumitation.
Pros
discount with food
Cons
no teamwork, managment doesnt comuitcate
fun work place
flying j, maintenace (Former Employee) –  Pontoon Beach, ILJune 21, 2018
i liked the hard work who i worked with and the atmosphere . everyone i worked with was friendly and the boss worked really hard to make sure business ran smoothly
Very fun work place
Arby's Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Hayti, MOJune 21, 2018
This job was great. My favorite job that I worked. The only tough thing is dealing with the moody truck drivers. Fast paced and very fun. Very good hours.
Pros
Having fun at work while akso knowing your boundaries
Cons
The head managwer of the whole srore is a veey tough person to be around and work with
It's a lovely place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 21, 2018
It was a lovely place and I wish I could have my job back my mother and my sister still work for the company I absolutely loved alot of the ppl I worked with we grew as a family and we all understand each other n grew to love one another n live disfuctionaly but we made it work
Minimum requirements to call yourself employed.
Night cashier (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 21, 2018
Pays the bills for income based living. The manager is a nice guy, the job isn't difficult, but I wouldn't say it will take you anywhere in life. Good first job, low pay for easy work.
Fun and a great work place
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Belmont Canyon, AZJune 20, 2018
Love working there. The people I work with are awesome teams work. They provide the best invirment for customers and employees. Sick pay and vacation pay after a year . Time and a half for over time and holidays. Great place to go shop and work at.
Pros
Sick pay
Cons
Very busy at the times
New Skills I have learned.
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Avondale, AZJune 19, 2018
Working with this company has taught me to have better communication skills not only with other employees but also with the guest as well.
I have also learned what is required in my part and how to be a leader and lead by example.
The place never closes and is usually busy 24/7. There's always something to do__time goes by fast at least.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Lost Hills, CAJune 19, 2018
I worked in several of the locations and found each one to be a little different. Catering to truck drivers who have been on the road all day can bring surprises with it. You learn how to deal with all types and prepares you for the next job.
The manager was the main reason for quitting.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLJune 19, 2018
I liked working at pilot however, the management was not very sufficient or professional. I would often have to work longer hours without being notified in advance.
Very stressful working there no respect little no no hours
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 19, 2018
Working for pilet flying j was under alot of stress.. feels like you got no respect from from the CEO or some of the managers.. never let you go pass 39.9 hours never let you have over time..
Pros
One good manager..
Cons
No respect..
poor management
Lead Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 19, 2018
i relocated to the new cedar rapids store after working in the des moines store for a year.1 week into the new store with new management I QUIT!!! very rude and un cooperative disrespectful to me infront of customers and co workers.manager lied to the regional about how i quit.lied and said i threw i fit and used obscenities as i walked out. very unprofessional.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
new manager is rude and has no buissness leading anyone
Not a great place to work
CO-MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYJune 18, 2018
This place is a money hungry, place to work that don't want to fix anything. It's terrible. Long hours and not enough people. Plus you don't get paid enough.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Under pair and upper management
experience
Lead Cashier (Current Employee) –  Clear Lake, IAJune 17, 2018
I have worked for this company for 2+ years and yes it has its ups and downs but every job does. I have worked to maintain the level of determination I have towards my process of a job and at this time I need more. I would hope in the near future that management will think before they speak and also take others opinions into consideration.
Pros
Fun place to work, people and coworkers
Cons
poor management attitude
hard to work for
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 16, 2018
This company was difficult to work for. It was hard because I had to figure out how to do maintenance practices without much training or help. I'm thankful for the freedom though because it allowed me to problem solve.
i worked there 13 yrs great company
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZJune 15, 2018
getting older. my home and cars are paid for. i am debt free. i dont mind working 40 hrs a week . i dont need to work 60 - 70 every week. i did that for the past 13 yrs straight.
Pros
great company
Cons
no cons
They will work you to death
Company Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Brooks, ORJune 14, 2018
The main reason I was terminated was because of a common error. The company continually works the individual to the max the law will allow. The employee gets so tired that mistakes are just around the corner.

Loosing this job was no love lost situation.
Pros
easy job
Cons
too many hours
enjoy
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Stanton, TNJune 14, 2018
love meeting people from all over the world...very flexiable hours.... enjoy seeing my regular customers... very clean building... co workers are okay at times
Pilot
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 13, 2018
Pilot is a very fun environment to work in where everyone is generally nice to each other and it is very competitive as we have many different things that we need to accomplish.
fun place to work
Lead Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJune 13, 2018
long hours and sometimes challanging work working in cold and rain sometimes very adverse conditions need more raises and feel that upper management should care more for the employees
Pros
half off of restaurants up to $4
store level management
GSL2 (2nd assistant manager) (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 12, 2018
store level management doesn't seem to mind if employees don't come to work, leave early or just do what ever they want. which makes most employees not following the rules and management just turns a blind eye. That is why I quit
Pros
easy
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pilot Flying J. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.1

2.1Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight