PILOT FREIGHT SERVICES Employee Reviews

Management was poor, with unhelpful training
Domestic Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 3, 2018
In my experience, the company worked with an already tight-knit group, and was unreceptive to new ideas, changes, or training techniques.

This sentence is here simply to meet the minimum character count.
Good place to start
Warehouse Worker and Driver (Current Employee) –  East Granby, CTOctober 25, 2018
Great place to gain experience but definitely not a long term plan. There are cons and pros to all companies but as you can see i just started so we will see.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Low pay for work we do
Like working with family
Operations Agent (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYOctober 15, 2018
Great team nationwide, anyone from any office is willing to help. CVG is a great station, and the workers at pilot inspire all new hires to give them the best effort they can. The staff knows how stressful the job can be and will go out of the way to make sure everyone is enjoying themselves.
Pros
Sometimes free lunch
Cons
On call rotation can be a bit time consuming
Horrible company. Even worse since the PE group took control.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 11, 2018
One of the least skilled companies I've ever seen in the transportation industry. The executive team is very unqualified. Not sure the president knows how to turn his computer on. The CEO and COO are not terrible, but having the president on their executive team opens them up to so many problems, it is very difficult to articulate.
Pilot
Route Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LASeptember 3, 2018
Upon arrival , I would begin to load freight onto truck, deliver freight to various businesses, hospitals and residential customers. I would also pickup freight. Management did not respect truck driver ability to follow the route as best suitable for the driver and/or company. There was not really a hardest part of the job. I enjoyed the working relationships I built with my coworkers.
Pros
Flexibility in arrival time
Cons
Management not respectful
Stressful environmemt
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXAugust 27, 2018
It was a good place to work at first but one they became more ambitious it was double the work with no extra help. 12 hour days almost everyday. It wasnt always like that.
Pros
Ok pay.
Cons
Stressful
Pretty standard work environment.
Freight Operations (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 16, 2018
It's a good job, and they do provide benefits along with 401k. There just isn't to much room to move up or advance, and what little room there is, is more or less saved for those who have been with the company 10+ years. So it's great if your going to be in it for life, but not if you're just looking to advance and better your situation.
Laid back enviroment
Forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 17, 2018
Pilot was a pretty laid back job, it made you want to come back to work on the daily, also they have some influential customers, that I would not mind meeting, they have relaxed hours of operation, on busy days you can get as many hours as you want especially during Christmas time.
Pros
location
Cons
hours and slow paced.
Exciting Place to work
Night Ops Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 11, 2018
Pilot works as a team and shows respect and honesty to one another. Pilot believes in rewarding their employee's. Pilot strides to continue to make the workplace a better place to work
Good.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Ladson, SCJanuary 9, 2018
Mixed feelings. Small company, trying to grow. Good people. Enjoy the people that work there. Looking to find a new career path otherwise wouldnt not be searching for new job.
not ideal work place
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 13, 2017
this company pays under the table which is bad for taxes and there are times when the boss cannot pay you for the weeks worth. the hours are long and i do not think it is work the pay
Cut throat
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 4, 2017
Horribly politically driven company that does not appreciate the ones that strive to keep the company thriving and successful. No room for advancement
Small, family- run franchise.
Outbound Operations Supervisor, Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 5, 2017
The freight industry never sleeps and that means that sometimes, neither do you. There's a small team of good people that work here. Everyone was pretty close. You must be good with people to work here. There's a lot of customer service divided up between only a handful of people.
We would unload trucks, separate freight, and distribute it appropriately and in a timely fashion if that's what it called for. It was a fairly quick paced environment. I learned a lot about the industry, managing customers, and OSHA standards and guidelines. I also dealt with a good amount of HAZMAT material.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with the miscommunication between team members.
Micromanagement is an issue
Gateway (Former Employee) –  AnonymousOctober 29, 2017
- Too much micromanagement you can't make a mistake
- Long hours of work especially on Friday
- Work on Saturday is normal
- Too much pressure from your boss
- No bonus or compensation
- You can get $.20 - $.50 raise a year
Pros
No pros
Cons
Micromanagement
Great job not so great pay!
National Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Media, PAOctober 3, 2017
I started out at $12 hourly and have been at rate for over a year. The reviews are awful because even though you get recognized for great work the raise is 2% which isn’t much. I love the job but managers need to focus on employees and listen when we talk.
Pros
Great industry to work in. My coworkers are fantastic and work to help one anotherS
Cons
Compensation, recognition, poor hours
Healthy workplace atmosphere, with a TV in the breakroom.
National Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Media, PAAugust 14, 2017
Excellent work environment, majority of the people are kind and considerate towards others. Anytime you need a helping hand someone is there to assist.
Pros
Decent wages and benefits.
Cons
Very little room for advancement. Very long time for wage increases.
great work enviroment
International Manager, Pilot Freight Services (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 11, 2017
great group of people, very easy to get along with. The daily job is easily understood and fast passed. Fun for the go-getter kind of worker. "on Call" duties are on rotation.
Pros
fun people
Cons
on call time
No stability
Customer Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 19, 2017
Lots of work, I learned that nothing is secured at this place. No one dresses appropriate. No one is professional. The hrdest part of this job is try to figure it by yourself.
Real nice work place
Forklift Operator and Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Irving txJune 6, 2017
I Learn alot working for this company Pilot freight services inc. Because they teach me everything about dispatcher And air freight services, no complains about them i will say they are a wonderful company to work with
Good
Cons
Exelent
No employee loyalty
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 30, 2017
No employee loyalty.
Do not care about employees.
Will be treated with very little to no respect.
Felt like being in high school. Everyone is in a click.
If you advance in company, other employees may try to get you fired.

Overall, There are some good people there, but I would not recommend working there.
Pros
Some Great people
Cons
Some not so great people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PILOT FREIGHT SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.