Pilot Thomas Logistics
Happiness rating is 56 out of 100

Pilot Thomas Logistics Employee Reviews

United States259 reviews

Decent place

Didnt mind the place, was good while it lasted. I would reccomend anyone to work there. Worst part isnt the conpany its dealing with oilfied companymen.

I gave this company my all and got stabbed in the back

0 support. Your on your own. No help is coming. I was away from and working around the clock to keep it going. Corporate does not want to grow this area.

Pros

The pay check

Cons

Working for them

Pilot Thomas Logistics insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Productive fun work by yourself easy work

Can't complain to much easy work but have to be careful because you can easily mess up. Beat job I've had in a long time completely satisfied just hoping they give raises every once in a while

Good place to work. Fun.

Free lunch 401k match After a yr you can a week of paid vacation. I use to make more than 60 a week.overall good company. I would like to come back n work for.them again.

Pros

Hrs

Cons

Shorts breaks.

Unfortunate place to be

Lack of support, pay, home/life balance. Corporate employees get treated different than those that are in the field. There’s not one person there that seems to be happy, and it doesn’t really matter because upper management in all honesty doesn’t care. People can complain all they want but the best thing to do is leave. You’re work will be appreciated else where. Not sure why it’s so bad at Pilot. It’s unfortunate because there’s some good people there. If you’re not rubbing shoulders with the higher ups, consider yourself to be on the chopping block.

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

Working for Pilot

A Mixed Bag, But Overall a Positive Experience

There were things I loved about it, and things I hated about it, but overall it was a good job and I miss it from time to time.The job is great if you like time to yourself, driving through the desert. It's very scenic. You pick up your truck, do two runs (~5 hours / run), and you're done for the day. Management was extremely helpful and genuinely concerned. I probably gave them more grief than they would have preferred, but they never seemed to hold a grudge and were always interested in improving the workplace ... although oftentimes their hands were tied and one had to make do. Generally everyone looked out for each other. Safety was a top priority. People wouldn't go out of their way to volunteer their help, but they'd help if you asked.Boredom was the worst part of the job. Pickups and drop offs broke the monotony, but driving on the mine site is challenging all on its own. It's very dark in the desert at night and easy to hit cows (open range). The mag they sprayed on the roads to keep the dust down was gross when it got wet. The parking situation left a lot to be desired. Oftentimes the person who had your truck before you wouldn't clean the lights like they should. Approaching maintenance to fix problems, you'd think you'd asked them to do something they weren't getting paid to do.But overall, a fine job. Oftentimes I wish I hadn't left.

Overall decent place to work for some things went smoothly and some it didn't and there are favorites when it comes to work load

There are some good people that I worked with and a few that doesn't belong in this industry if they can't coexist with others and treat them like they want to be treated and those few treat you like you are beneath them in every way why have a manager with no Cdl in that position plus that person only cares about them

Pros

Paid weekly, there were others willing to help if needed it and others kept to them self

Cons

Drivers poorly managed, there was a employee that treated you like they were above you, other Management was understanding

Not a good place for a career

If you need something just to say you have a job, then this will work. Make sure to get your job duties in writing before accepting the job. I was really shocked at how big this company is but how cheap they are, equipment always breaking down, making you incapable of doing your job.

Cons

Not honest about pay, overworked and underpaid. Definitely not what I expected.

Typical Oil field company

Typical Oil field company work and get paid.They train you and do the work. Its an oil field job so of course no family time. Got laid off so looking for work now.

Pros

Money

Cons

No family time

Decent place to work

This place had great pay and very good benefits. Management was a bit of a pain depending on yard location. Stared in one location and management was very poor. I then transferred with the company to another yard. Management at that location was very friendly and helpful. Worked average 60hrs a week. I would say it was a desent place to work.

Management is HORRIBLE

Worst experience ever. This place hired a bunch of drivers . Only to use them for very short periods of time . The recruiter acted like they had plenty of work. Which wasn’t the case .

Pros

Did have great pay. New CFO TOOK THAT AWAY

Cons

No life .

Be ready to work

PTL was a great place to work. Gave me an opportunity to haul ore and was promoted to fuel driver in less than a years time. Management is fair and helpful.

Pros

Pay and benefits

Cons

As with any driving job, you'll be working a lot

No structure

No clear goal or schedule from a day to day basis. You come in and more or less scramble to get what management or dispatch says needs to be done. Most of the time it’s unreasonable

Pros

Lunch

Cons

Not enough pay

Great Company

Awesome place to work at, Management treats you good. Long hours, good money, good equipment. Overall a really good place to work at and start a career.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Low hours

Good Starter

It is a decent starter job. People were pretty nice and I was able to just get something to put on my resume. No real complaints. Not good nor bad. Just average.

Great experince working with difrent people from different places.

I enjoyed the job, it was a good experience and lots of overtime hours. I met many employees that later became mi friends and keep contact with them to this day.

Pros

Great discounts through Pilot stores.

Cons

It was hard working away from home

This place is awful

The only consistent thing at this company is that they will always get rid of anyone with talent so they can bring in someone that will be cheaper to retain. This is not a good place to work.

Overall excellent place to work

Awesome place to work. Job does require long hours but that’s the trucking industry. Plenary of support from management very hands on. Fun and friendly work environment!

Pros

Pays well

Cons

Easy job, but wanna be supervisors make it a lot harder than what it supposed to be

Load up your double side dump in one location, unload it at mine pads, very easy job, long hours tho, pay is by the load and you work 5 days a week,if you like to run hard, money will be ok, on the other hand, they have horrible pad supervisors, some of them very ignorant and disrespectful, always blaming the drivers for the stupidest things, they’re not there to help you, they’re there to make your job harder and stressful, if management wants to keep good drivers, what they need to do is fire all the supervisors (including loader operators) and bring people who at least, know how to treat other people, 12 hours shifts, all automatic trucks, mostly peterbilts, lots of off road driving. Shop it’s a complete disaster, mechanics treat drivers like garbage. Safety? They say the really really care, but they show different, turn over is huge and I think is mostly because the reasons stated above.If you want to make money and can put up with people mistreating you, bad mouth you and talking down on you, this is the one job for you

Pros

Pay

Cons

Wanna be supervisors( all of them worse than school girls)loader operators, mechanics, all bunch of ignorants with no people skills

sucked

the company sucks. management except for a few, was horrible. definitely would not work there again. your complaints will go upon deaf ears. no point in working there

Corporate Operations

Overall solid company that will challenge you daily. It is constantly changing and growing and requires the ability to change and adapt quickly. The people as a whole care about the company and the overall success.

Common questions about Pilot Thomas Logistics

Answered by current and former employees at Pilot Thomas Logistics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pilot Thomas Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits