Pilot Thomas Logistics Employee Reviews

Opportunity to Grow
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 17, 2018
The company is growing at a fast pace which is good for business and job security but it can be hectic at times. There have been a lot of positive changes take place over the past few months and the company appears to be heading in the right direction.

Most of the managers truly care for the company and their team members and want to see them be successful. There is plenty of growth opportunity for those who are willing to put in the work.
Pros
Weekly pay, team environment, and growth opportunities
Cons
Parking and pay
July 31, 2018

Thank you for the great review and we really appreciate your feedback! We hope that you continue to have a positive career with Pilot Thomas Logistics.

To discuss any concerns you may have further, please contact the HR Department via email at humanresources@pilotthomas,com

Fun and Friendly
Other (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 3, 2018
Pilot Thomas Logistics has been a fun and friendly place to work since I started. I have enjoyed working here and getting to know everyone. I am excited to see where we go as a company and all the positive changes that are coming!
Pros
celebrate corporate birthdays and anniversaries, pay, time off
July 23, 2018

Thank you for the amazing review and we really appreciate your feedback! We hope that you continue to have a positive career with Pilot Thomas Logistics.

Dont work here
Night logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 30, 2018
I was work as a night shift dispatch. Applied to move to days and was told no. The company says that they are here to help you but really they aren't. The company does parties for the day shift but night shift doesn't get anything. Oh and the pay is the same as day shift the is no Incentive for working nights.
Pros
Money
Cons
Hours you work, no advancement and no riases.

Thank you for your feedback and bringing your concerns to our attention.

We want to sincerely apologize that you have had this experience while working at Pilot Thomas Logistics. As we continue to grow, we are open to hearing feedback from all of our employees and learn from things we may have missed. If you would like to discuss any of your concerns further please contact our HR Department via email at humanresources@pilotthomas.com

Don't do it!
Billing Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 21, 2018
Horrible management!! Pilot seems like a good company initially but once you talk to the incompetent managers who are both unwilling to help you and busy creating useless new procedures, you quickly become fed up with the company. They say that they want you to have a good work life balance but that is the biggest lie that they will ever tell. It's very easy to take work home but hard to have even a small resemblance of a personal life. I don't recommend working for this company because whatever lies they tell you during your interview is the complete opposite of what you will get. & The insurance is expensive and horrible.
Pros
They celebrate birthdays every month.
Cons
Healthcare, management and the work equipment

No longer Thomas Petroleum
Frac fuel driver (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDMay 24, 2018
Thomas petroleum was a great company to work for but when pilate merged with them or bought them out they took a good company and ran it into the ground. I worked at the Williston North Dakota terminal and made a lot of money and got crazy hours 2013 and 2014. People I know that stayed had nothing good to say about pilot.
Pros
Used to have lots of hours
Cons
Pilot took over.

Upper management is great
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 17, 2018
It's the lower or mid management that is VERY cutthroat. Some will tell you to do something and then have you fired for doing it if they don't like you. Also if your not friends with the middle management be cautious.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Middle management
July 31, 2018

Thank you for your feedback about PTL. As we continue to grow, we enjoy hearing feedback about anything that we can work on. You may reach out to us via email at humanresources@pilotthomas.com if you have any questions or concerns.

Cutthroat
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  NevadaMay 15, 2018
Management continually bad mouths employees right in front of them and then expects no reply whatsoever. Manager is egomaniacal and thinks she is God. Stay away!

Thank you.

Not a good work environment
fuel transport (Former Employee) –  Tioga, NDMarch 27, 2018
I worked at pilot when they was in Tioga ND they would hire people that had no clue about trucking. Young inexperienced female that would try to tell driver how to drive
Unprofessional company
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 23, 2018
Lack of communication poor management that so nothing about the hostile work environment. Promotional opportunities to unqualified canadits. Retaliation and backstabbing acceptable
Benefits
Cons
i like my job, was laid off due to my salary
Warehouse Supervisor/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Summersville, WVFebruary 22, 2018
pilot Thomas logistic provided a safe environment to work but then become less involved in providing the best for their customers and then based their decisions on money instead of best performance workers and the company has suffered due to this
Pros
close to home
Cons
long hours at times
Don't waste your time
frac driver (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXFebruary 13, 2018
They are hiring tons of people and have no work for them, hiring people 500+ miles away and lying about the schedule and available work. After you finish orientations they get you to Odessa stick you in a man camp for months never seeing a frac location. Don't waste your time, worst decision of my life was to buy the lies these people were selling.
Pros
Cons
No work, management lies to you
Growing in its niche
Tax Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 3, 2018
Pilot Thomas Logistics serves a niche customer in the oil and gas fields of the United States. They continue to improve in serving their core customer.
Bad Management
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 2, 2018
When I first started working for Pilot Logistics, it was a great place to work. But I soon found out there were a lot of shenanigans going on with employees and managers. I soon realized that it was a very unprofessional place to work. One of the worst places I have worked with a lot of politics going on behind the scenes.
The management is horrible, and the company got in trouble with FBI for doing fraudulent acts in 2013. The benefits were fairly good, and they were flexible with the schedule, but other than that it was not a great environment to work.
I started working for Pilot Logistics before they merged with Thomas Petroleum, and once the companies merged, everything got worse. Most of the good employees left the company, and went somewhere else. The employees that stayed were the ones that sat around and took 10 breaks a day, and barely did anything to contribute. The day I left, was one of the happiest days of my life after staying there for 4 years.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Bad management & ALOT of politics
Poor Management
Frac (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJanuary 19, 2018
The management team is in a world of their own. The work environment is stressful because there is no organization. Management puts up a from that they work together but they all talk badly about each other. The Frac management team treat the employees badly. Constantly yelling, write ups without good reason and serious lack of training. The managers are gone a lot to recruit at job fairs but only concerned about filling positions. There’s no care or concern for the team. There’s lack of respect that only management can speak their minds but won’t listen to the field concerns. I’ve been in the office on several occasions where the Frac management is speaking badly about employees or incidents that have happened with no confidentiality concerns for team members. There is a big problem with constant cussing, gossip, dirty talk and inappropriate jokes. It continues because no one will do anything about it. There is a serious problem within management with the Frac scheduling, it’s always late and you can’t ask any questions or you get yelled at. There is lack of professionalism in the offices. Safety meetings are more about everything done wrong and it’s a constant yelling and belittlement by Frac management team.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Lack of professionalism
The people I worked with always have the same way of thinking.while we worked there .
Bobtail Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Odessa TxOctober 23, 2017
I worked for Thomas Petroleum for 4 to 5 years then after it merged with Pilot I stuck around there another 2 years . Everything changed after Pilot was involved with them . It would seem like they didn't want to pay the driver what they deserved. No bonuses no raises just commission pay that was never consistent . Dispatch was in Ft Worth so that said it all It was always hard to communicate with them and customers . Over the course of 6 years I ran into 6 to 8 different managers and over 100 drivers . So now the Regional, Cooperate and Assistant still can't change this company around . After complaining about pay they decided to end my employment with them so they could have the easy way out . Now that I'm not employed with them I have to fight and get my vacation pay another way since they didn't even want to pay me that after being there all those years .
Pros
Theres always hiring
Cons
Commision pay
Great pay work is stressful
Bobtail Driver (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 12, 2017
Money is the only reason why I’m still here. They’re always adding loads at the last minute like it’s no big deal. Always trying to blame the driver for everything. Over book you with loads for the following day. Everyload needs to be done ASAP. That word seems to be used a lot here. Very stressful and hectic.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Treated unfairly. Dispatch doesn’t know how to do there job.
Horrible Management, Corrupt company.
Market Manager/ Frac Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 15, 2017
They started as a decent company. But the bigger they became the more corrupt they became as well. When they brought in people to teach drivers how to cheat their books that was when I had enough. The pay is good but not worth risking a felony. They are a greedy company with no concern for employees.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Everything else
nice place tp work
Frac Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 11, 2017
when you work there its like family, even though i do not work there anymore i still keep in contact with my old employes. The managers are like football coaches they expect you to get the job done.
If you don't conform they will replace you
Operations Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 11, 2017
I have learned that this company is very insecure about themselves and they are willing to get rid of anybody that they see fit. This is the place were they make you question your friends and if you know anyone in this industry that doesn't work for them don't let them know or they will let you go.
Poor poor
Driver (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 10, 2017
I worked there almost two years never got a raise. Money and hours was very good before pilot merge with Thomas. All the pilot driver's and management was treated like nothing. Then when the fracing companies found out we merge with Thomas no one wanted us working on there sites. All in one just don't go if you enjoy working for easy going company.
Pros
Money if working
Cons
Hours change every week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pilot Thomas Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6