Pilot Thomas Logistics logo

• Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

No structure

No clear goal or schedule from a day to day basis. You come in and more or less scramble to get what management or dispatch says needs to be done. Most of the time it’s unreasonable

Pros

Lunch

Cons

Not enough pay

Good Starter

It is a decent starter job. People were pretty nice and I was able to just get something to put on my resume. No real complaints. Not good nor bad. Just average.

Great experince working with difrent people from different places.

I enjoyed the job, it was a good experience and lots of overtime hours. I met many employees that later became mi friends and keep contact with them to this day.

Pros

Great discounts through Pilot stores.

Cons

It was hard working away from home

This place is awful

The only consistent thing at this company is that they will always get rid of anyone with talent so they can bring in someone that will be cheaper to retain. This is not a good place to work.

Overall excellent place to work

Awesome place to work. Job does require long hours but that’s the trucking industry. Plenary of support from management very hands on. Fun and friendly work environment!

Pros

Pays well

Cons

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Easy job, but wanna be supervisors make it a lot harder than what it supposed to be

Load up your double side dump in one location, unload it at mine pads, very easy job, long hours tho, pay is by the load and you work 5 days a week,if you like to run hard, money will be ok, on the other hand, they have horrible pad supervisors, some of them very ignorant and disrespectful, always blaming the drivers for the stupidest things, they’re not there to help you, they’re there to make your job harder and stressful, if management wants to keep good drivers, what they need to do is fire all the supervisors (including loader operators) and bring people who at least, know how to treat other people, 12 hours shifts, all automatic trucks, mostly peterbilts, lots of off road driving. Shop it’s a complete disaster, mechanics treat drivers like garbage. Safety? They say the really really care, but they show different, turn over is huge and I think is mostly because the reasons stated above.If you want to make money and can put up with people mistreating you, bad mouth you and talking down on you, this is the one job for you

Pros

Pay

Cons

Wanna be supervisors( all of them worse than school girls)loader operators, mechanics, all bunch of ignorants with no people skills

sucked

the company sucks. management except for a few, was horrible. definitely would not work there again. your complaints will go upon deaf ears. no point in working there

Corporate Operations

Overall solid company that will challenge you daily. It is constantly changing and growing and requires the ability to change and adapt quickly. The people as a whole care about the company and the overall success.

Long hours in all types of weathers and shifts.

Oilfield work is very inconsistent. There’s month you can make 100+ hours, but there’s is also weeks you can make 25 hours. That’s just how it is. When pilot decided to merge with Thomas petroleum a lot of things changed for the worse. Pilot kinda brought down Thomas petroleum.

Pros

Great to make money and save

Cons

Out of home most of the times.

Ok place

Ok place to work. Pay was ok. Coworkers and drivers were good. I enjoyed talking with them. Oilfield me mentality was evident. Corporate is always making bad decisions as far as running the business.

Jobs at Pilot Thomas Logistics

See more jobs

Constant change

Company has constant management and policy changes. as an employee it doesn't matter if you have been 20 years or 2 months your job security is always at risk. Look elsewhere for a job in this industry.

Pros

decent equipment

Cons

No support from management

Stepping stone in my career in Accounting but no growth

We had a great culture in the office at Rancho Dominguez. We reported to the Corporate office in Forth Worth whose management decided to outsource most or all of the accounting dept overseas to cut costs. While I worked there, the environment at the Rancho Dominguez office was fun, very little micro-management and opportunity for growth and learning, good management.

Pros

No micro management, fun office culture

Cons

Not good communication throughout the company

Productive and okay work place

Okay as an so so work place not so good at caring what you actually applied for and they put you to work in a different field that you don’t or didn’t apply for and they try to change the pay to much wasn’t making much and they tried to change the miles pay a lot of professional Drivers like me wanted to leave for that reason.

Pros

Good place to work friendly people

Cons

Involuntary put on a different position class A to an B and more labor

Great pay with a laid back environment

Great pay for tank wagon drivers but they do change the pay scale frequently. The job is fairly easy but they do play favorites depending on how long you've been there. Overall I'd recommend it

Pros

Good pay and laid back environment

Cons

Changes are made every week

Good when busy. When slow they could care less.

Not bad if you don’t have a family. If you have a family I’d keep looking. Pay is decent for a hazmat driver. They go back in forth from load pay and hourly pay.

Great money, long hours, weeks

I'd have to say it was a good experience. Long time away from home. But great money. Long hours but relatively easy work. Good way to get your foot in the Oil industry.

Pros

Great money, company treats you like family

Cons

Long periods of time from home, job insecurities

We went through 5 diffrent frac managers in the 1yr 8m I was employed here

RUN AND LOOK ELSEWHERE! constant rules, policy changes, new/fired co workers are a constant thing. VERY poor management.Pay is good to decent. However there was a lot of negative I dealt with along with the what seemed like constant change in Management.New people or old people getting fired constantly. I did my job and was responsible so I never made that list until Covid-19 layoffs.To make 70,000+ a year means you were working 6-7 day weeks, with no set schedule.The last frac manager had very poor management skills, the most simple being lacking people skills and treating others fairly. He always seemed upset.I could go on and on about negative things...Agian, RUN! Look elsewhere!

Pros

Pay and benefits were the ONLY pros

Cons

new management every couple months

Horrible place to work.

Horrible place to work, no set schedule and they watch your hours like hawks. Very dis-organized office. Expected the field ops to do everything for them with very little pay.

Pros

Paid weekly

Cons

No schedule, hardly any days off, low pay.

Technician work

Drive to different site locations and perform work task duties, help with costumers with dispensers or card readers. Do monthly site inspections for the state once per month

Good/Bad

When there was hours you worked good..But like they say during bad times you will see what kind of company you’re working for and all they care about is their pockets and not yours. They treat you like a “Free Slave”.

Pros

Depends where u work pretty much none

Cons

Company won’t exist within two yrs tops.

Heartless-thoughtless please avoid at all costs

I can say with no pride and trust .I have worked at PTL. For 2 years I was present when pilot bought out cactus fuel.I actually seen first hand how this corporation destroyed cactus fuel within a year. Upon my arrival I witnessed first hand how unorganized and heartless pilot truly was.I cannot warn you enough. Please for your sake and your families do not attempt to make a future there.Their reputation is completely true.Starting from the top. These people truly will not care about YOU.I was office personal and I witnessed first had the cruel and unfair treatment of everyone under management.Now I am gonna be blunt.DO NOT APPLY HERE.Managers are sleazy. Including transport .Dispatch have their favorites and everyone seems to sleep with everyone there. Mainly the managers.DO NOT ENTER THAT WORLD. You will regret it. That is a promise.I hope this helps at least one person.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pilot Thomas Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6