Pilot Employee Reviews

worst place to work
Shif t Manager Pilot Truck Stop Plaza (Former Employee) –  Kenly, NCMarch 27, 2018
It was the worst place i could have ever worked. Barely have time off to balance life. Management was very poor rude general manager on an everyday basis
Pros
discounts on meals
Cons
rude management and poor sanitation
Very interesting work field in logistics.
IT administrator / Repair Tech (Former Employee) –  Ульяновская областьMarch 14, 2018
Good company, but was outdated. Money didn't come easy, but still a great experience. Management was very professional and polite.
Glad that I had opportunity to work there.
Claim Handling
Inside Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 10, 2018
Great place to work. Pilot cares about its employees and supports the employees. Pay and hours are great and they make you feel valued as an employee.
I enjoy my job.
Deli/Bakery Associate (Current Employee) –  Mebane, NCJanuary 24, 2018
I have enjoyed working here. I will continue until I find something that will give me a higher salary. The workers here are hard working people. It is a very fast paced world and I love it.
Wonderful place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 18, 2018
Working at pilot was great. Management was great. The pay wasn’t the best but it was a great place to work at. I would recommend people to work here!!!
cashier/maintenance
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Oak grove, kentuckyNovember 3, 2017
I worked as maintenance, and cashier , i helped in the back with showers plus i worked as cashier, days go by pretty quick we had a good team while i worked there
Great work environment
Warehouse Worker/receiving (Former Employee) –  City Industry, CAOctober 30, 2017
Great hours 8to 5. 1 hour lunch. Always looked out for us. Always asking if we were ok or needed water. Learned hot to use forklift there. Shipping and receiving. Restocked items . Counted items.
a day in the life at pilot
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYOctober 28, 2017
typical work day consists of keeping and maintaining a good workplace. i learned how to supervise a shift, management left a lot to be desired, work place was very diversified, the hardest part of the job was the management. my most enjoyable part was working with the kids the were on crew.
Pros
got half off meals
Cons
health benefits cost way to much
would reccomend
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Franklin, KYOctober 4, 2017
great and easy environment, staff was friendly and helpful. they were very understanding with any comlications with the schedule and woiuld work around any issue you had
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
A lot of customer service
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXAugust 12, 2017
I stared out enjoying pilot but the company was tuff to work for. Not enough labor hours or employees to properly take care of customers, I wanted to give my customers a more personal experience but the lack of labor, employees and time would not allow for this. I enjoyed bringing together a team that worked hard together and most importantly focused on pilots customers and brought about an enjoyable experience for both employees and customers.
Pros
Working with the customers was a PLUS!!!!!!
Cons
Not enough time to take care of the cutomers or paid enough to continue my growth in management
Front Team Lead / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Temple, GAAugust 2, 2017
A typical day at pilot was cashiering, and coordinating diesel pumps for truck drivers, i learned alot about people daily, management was very loose and rude. The workplace culture happend to be very chaotic! i regularly had to deal with unpleasant customers. but i loved the networking aspect daily in that particular location.
Overall of work
Cashier/cook (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 29, 2017
Taking care of customers and making sure there orders are correct, as a cook i had to make sure every food item was in proper temp and ready to serve. as customer order their food make sure it was made to order and no food was left out too long. At the end of shift had to properly clean and get ready for the next shift, if i was cashiering that day i had to count my register and turn it in to the general manager.Managers made work very fun and worth coming in to work, there was no rough days.
Pros
Half off lunches, very family oriented
Cons
pay wasn't enough
Hard work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHMay 15, 2017
We also did similar task as loves. Roller grill, showers, coffee and more! We had a subway and taco bell which I did as well. We also did Greyhound​ we sold​ tickets and a stop as well!
Not productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  White, GAMay 12, 2017
They pushed for back to back shifts close one night be back that morning not enough staff bad mangers. Pay wasent well I never received a raise after I was crossed trained like I was promised.
Pros
Cons
Everythig
There are alot of nice co workers but not everyone gets along.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Portersville, PAApril 24, 2017
If everyone would put there differences aside and work as a team it would run so much nicer. At first the hours where great but all of a sudden the hours keep getting shorter and shorter.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Health care, not enough hours, co workers, breaks never on time, not enough team work
Great place to work and have fun.
Java J2EE Developer (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAApril 20, 2017
Pros
1) Scope of company means you can do many things - lots of opportunity to learn new skills, if you're willing to relocate and learn.
2) Interesting work and a variety of people and cultures
3) Good benefits
4) Cutting-edge technology
Cons
1) Direction at the top of the company is poor. Not much confidence in the top execs.
2) Too much focus on cost-side of the equation, a result of poor revenues for many quarters.
3) Shoemakers children with technology for employees - i.e., 4-year cycle for laptop replacement, not a lot of interval.
Advice to Management
1) Apply reasonable rules for co-location - if you support a global team, does it matter where you work?
2) Minimize the cost-cutting, especially of good people. At some point it has to stop. It's a terrible morale hit.
Logistic Coordinator
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 1, 2017
Answering 100 phone calls a day in cubical.
Learned how to multitask.
Great Managers.
Awesome co-workers.
Worked nights.
Free Fountain drinks.
Pros
Climate controlled environment, lots of perks. Fountain.
Cons
Short breaks, night shift, too many calls.
Pilot
Guest Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, Monroe, Rock HillFebruary 13, 2017
I learned many skills working for Pilot each day was a new experience mostly good , best thing about it was making a guests day better, things that where not positive is people sitting in corp. office deciding how we need to do things without knowing the ins and outs of that location, the culture is changing hopefully for the good
Pros
promotion from within
social and positive
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 17, 2016
It's a great place to work if you enjoy interacting with a lot of people on a daily basis. Also, I didn't find it hard to move up and get promoted to Assistant Manager after only about two and a half months.
very clean nice place to work
Pilot Flying J (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, OHNovember 14, 2016
friendly staff, cleaner than most pilots reasonable priced , it was a verry nice pace to work everyone was easy to work with
Pros
half off lunch, plenty breaks
Cons
N/a