Pilsen Wellness Center Employee Reviews

2.7
Ratings breakdown
One of my favorite work places
MHP (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 21, 2018
I've had over 30 jobs in my life time. This company is in my top 3 best places to work for. The culture, the focus on self care, over all company ethical views, are good compared to many other places.
Pros
Benefits, co workers, days off
It’s okay, look somewhere if you can.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 7, 2018
You will learn a lot but you will never be enough for the company. Last name means everything to this place might as well get adopted if you want to build up at this “not for profit”
Pros
Great team
Cons
Family does what they want. If you’re not family don’t expect to go anywhere
Great opportunity for summer interns
SUMMER INTERN (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 16, 2018
Pilsen Wellness Center connected us with a local organization to help better the community. Wonderful environment with wonderful people. Involved lots of teamwork.
Stressful and not compensated or praised when deserved
Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 17, 2018
The only way to describe this company is biased and nepotism runs deep. ALL management is related and staff consists of 90% female based upon the director being the one who hires not based on qualifications but based on aesthetics. It became unbearable to work there and there is no room for advancement. The upper management does not care about its employees mental state of mind nor their working conditions all they care about is charging insurance companies for services which are rarely ever truly provided to the clients.
Pros
schedule
Cons
hostile working environment
Poor management & stressful
MHP (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ilMarch 12, 2018
High turnover rate and as a result all part timers are expected to put in more hours. Thus, schedule tends to be unpredictable, often. To fill in gap, HR will hire anyone who meets minumum requirements.
Pros
Some employees have the passion to work with the mentally ill
Cons
High turnover rate and low pay
basic building maintenance
Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 20, 2018
The laid-back atmosphere makes for a simple duty. Punctuality a must. coworkers and upper management easy to get along with. the hardest part of the job was getting all the work done on time.
a lot of projects.
Lazy
Personal Assistant to Program Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 15, 2018
Since this is a non-profit, there is no inclination to preform. There is very little to no training, they only hire anyone to meet quota so that that they can receive their yearly grants from the state. Because of this people do the bare minimum in order to keep the gears moving only so slightly.
Pros
Relaxing since there isn't much to do
Cons
Little to know supervision
Brace yourself
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 13, 2017
By far the worst management ever. Lowest paid job. All they care about is billing Medicaid and not the health of the patients. The hr dept very poor. Corp office bunch of racist who all kno each other personally.
Average Day in the Office
Child, Adolescent, & Adult Psychotherapist (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, ILMay 27, 2017
Clinician provides direct clinical treatment services to clients presenting with a range of adjustment, complex trauma, personality, mood, anxiety, and severe mental disorders. Services, depending on the day, may include counseling, linkage to community resources, group psychoeducation, couples therapy, family therapy, conducting program intakes/assessments, development/revision of treatment plans, and/or client discharge, provide linkage to community services/entitlements. Clinician constructs and maintains their personal case load. Clinician engages in weekly treatment team meetings, while attending weekly clinical supervision with LCPC/ LCSW.

While training at Pilsen Wellness Center, my commitment to encompass a wide variety of training experiences with diverse children, adolescents and adults, I have further enhanced my growth as a culturally competent individual. Pilsen Wellness Center provided a rich environment for learning. Pilsen Wellness Center allowed me to service diverse populations (outpatient individual therapy, couples therapy, family therapy, and group therapy) suffering from various mental health issues. The supervision provided, allowed me the opportunity to grow as a clinician and human being. Pilsen Wellness Center created an environment of professionals starving to enhance the well-being of every client. This culture is what I enjoyed about my time with Pilsen Wellness Center
Laughing and educating the clients
Support specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 7, 2017
A typical day at work is entering a place with a warm environment. A place that is dedicated to assisting and advocating for it's clients. I can learn from the client's by listening to what they have to say.
Pros
Outings
Cons
Unhappy management

Want to know more about Pilsen Wellness Center?

Ask a question
Good
Psychotherapist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 10, 2017
Good colleagues,interesting population. It's difficult with clients who have dual diagnoses e, however, the substance abuse and the mental health teams work well together to provide the best care possible for each one. the communication between teams is imperative and the results are often positive, regarding the clients.
good workplace
Program Administrator/ In-person counselor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2017
Never had any problems. Work days were mostly productive and everybody did their part. I liked to come into work because my co workers were really nice and supportive.
If you like waking up and debating if it's really worth it....it is not
Mental Health Professional (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 22, 2016
Everything was fine until our program underwent a drastic change in management. New director did not care whatsoever about the clients and their progress. We were told to bill, bill, and bill. Seemed like they only care about clients having medical coverage and being able to bill Medicaid. No room for growth and definitely no room to use your own clinical skills and make professional decisions.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Everybody else
Terrible Environment
Management (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 9, 2016
Worst experience of my life! Terrible management, deceptive practices, nepotism and no support or training for mid management. I would recommend you look elsewhere.
Unorganized
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 25, 2016
This place has a massive organizational issue when it comes to many of its department. Everyone does what they want, and it makes every project extremely slow. The office politics here are prominent, more than any other office I've worked at. Family members of the CEO are given positions they don't have qualifications for, and if this was a private entity that would be fine, but this is a Non-profit that depends on state funded grants. This explains why this place is poorly managed.
One of the worst companies, I've ever worked for.
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 5, 2015
I find Pilsen Wellness Center to be one of the worst companies to work for... short lunch breaks, there's never any money in the budget for maintenance supplies. Management treats you like dirt! All other employees have no physical responsibilities. How lazy can you be not to wipe off your own desk... and nothing ever gets done unless you threaten to sue the company.
Pros
Sick days, vacation time, benefits
Cons
Short breaks, horrible management, unprofessional
Excellent place to work
Assistant Corporate Counsel (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 16, 2015
I would highly recommend working here; the culture, compensation and atmosphere is very collaborative in spirit. The hours are great as well.
The mission was in keeping with the NASW's code of ethics
Psychosocial Rehabilitation/Vocational Counselor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 22, 2015
The agency had some difficulty with organizational cohesiveness, however overtime this was worked through. the Organization was very committed to the populations and community it served.
Pros
The organization was very committed to the community
Cons
Funding was very limited
Poor Training, No Advancement, Inept Supervisors
Psychotherapist (Former Employee) –  ChicagoDecember 21, 2014
Complete lack of organization throughout the agency. Workers are encouraged to bill bill bill for services without regard for ethics or quality of service. Supervisors are ineffective and lack the authority to improve departments. Agency culture is secretive and non-inclusive. The only people who enjoy working for PWC are the CEO and his family who are littered throughout the agency.
a place where people helping people is key
building engineer (Former Employee) –  chicago brighton park, ORCJune 19, 2014
Its all about what you can do for the company- youre expected to make work even if your duties are completed.....forget about having undetered lunch/breaks because management always "needs you" for somthing,.the co-workers were pleasant but I had no time to build a working acquaintance with them because I was instructed not to talk to anyone...no reimbursment of monies spent out of pocket for facility supplies & no incentives for usuing your personal vehical to travel to & from diffrent area sites.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
low pay, no travel expense reimubursment