Pilsen Wellness Center

Pilsen Wellness Center Employee Reviews

United States64 reviews

clientbenefitsupervisorprovideemployeehealthbadcare

Poor management

This is a great company if your goal is to help Latinos, but not if you don’t want to be stressing out about your billable hours and all the administrative work that comes with it. Upper management do not care for clinicians as how they say. Some supervisors care for their clinicians but not all of them, each site is a whole different culture.

Nepotism

Take a look at every dept, HR, Finance,etc. Every location has family members in management roles they are not qualified for. It is very disheartening to suggest to a friend to apply for a role that they are highly qualified for and then later find out that a family member was promoted to a role they are not qualified for.Work culture needs to change in order to retain staff, Turnover is very high.

Pros

Commute

Cons

Compensation, nepotism, recognition

Pilsen Wellness Center insights

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Good place to work to get a foot in the door of mental health field. The pay is not great but it is a good place to get started.

I enjoy working here. The staff is supportive of each other and the clients. I was disappointed that I did not get offered full time employment soon enough, and had to take a full time job elsewhere. The pay is a little low but to be expected from a non-profit. The clients are high functioning and appreciative of the services. We offer some good community services such as a food pantry and drop in center. We celebrate holidays and birthdays.

Horrible management

They want you to work but refuse fuse to pay a living wage. Also, there is no upward mobility due to rampant nepotism. I left due to the lack of respect and care towards the clients. My conscience did not allow me to continue working there.

Pros

Helping people in need

Cons

The work culture.

Non existent structure, Definitely not client centered

The team I worked with over performed for the resources we received from the company. We were a fantastic team and had the opportunity to set up an even better team. Management stepped in and fired one of (if not the best) staff member we had for what seemed to be personal bias. This decision did not take into account: the effect on clients who had built trust in this caseworker, the effort and time put into their work, the effect this would have on the team as a whole. Management rarely makes decisions with clients best interests in mind, a lot of decision making seems detrimental to client “treatment goals”. Management has no issues with breaking trust between caseworkers and clients and seems to run on a revolving door policy in regards to building rapport with clients. Don’t expect upwards mobility in the company since they will work you til you want to leave. Also any higher positions that you think might leave openings for current employees will quickly be filled by nepotism or someone outside of the agency. Don’t expect structure or training that helps day to day work because it will vary depending on what the supervisors think is important on that day. The best part of the job is working with clients who you will find hard to work on consistent progress on because management cares more about administrative work than work that actively tries to push people back into the community.

Pros

Exposure to clients with mental health disorders, some freedom

Cons

Poor management, no structure, leadership is spotty at best, high chance to get fired for doing your job, no chance for promotions, program gets in the way of improving lives

Verdadero trabajo comunitario

Doy gracias cada mañana por estar en una organización como Pilsen comprometida con la comunidad. Amo mi trabajo y la oportunidad que se me da de realizarme profesionalmente.

Nice coworkers, great vision and mission

Good company to work to expand your experiences. My supervisor was not the best, lack of respect and appreciation for what you did. No clear career path.

Pros

Free Coffee

Cons

Lack of appreciation

Favorite place to work

There are more than 15 programs. I've worked at three and I love it. Love my coworkers, supervisors, and clients. My supervisors noticed my potential and motivated and supported me to continue my education as well as promoted me multiple times. Mental health is not for everyone and many other employees struggled. But if mental health is your cup of tea the accomplishment you feel working with clients is great. Benefits are the best I've ever had. I love my vacation benefits. This is the place were I've seen more co-workers travel over seas, thanks too the many vacation days we get.

Pros

Culture, trainings, support, benefits, location, christmas party.

Cons

Non for profit that Has to follow Medicaid rules and regulations.

Toxic work environment

You will be over worked and under appreciated. There is no work-life balance. You are expected to commit to the wellness center and are often times asked to work off the clock. Upper management is your typical boomer club. The health and retirement benefits are not worth the stress and anxiety that comes with working at this wellness center.

Toxic Work Environment/No room for growth

Overall Pilsen Wellness Center is a good place filledwith great people. However upper management failsto provide workers a healthy work environment. Lackof leadership, management, trust, and awareness ofhow it's employment are being treated. Don't get mewrong the overall mission of PWC is great and wehold the community close to heart, but the waythings are going it seems they are doing more badfor its employees than good. It's supposed to be aplace of mental health, yet employees findthemselves stressed out and having panic attacksover the loads of work they're given for the little payand extremely short deadlines. Proceed with caution.Good place for experience but don't expect to makemillions. Again it is a non-profit.

Pros

Great Co-Workers/People

Cons

Too many to list

Waste of time

This has been one of the worst jobs that I have ever had. Managers were only worried about billing and did not care about the work environment. I had one coworker constantly talk bad about me to clients and in front of the managers but they never said or did anything. There is clear favoritism from the managers. This place destroyed my mental health. I would never recommend for anyone to work here. I was told I couldn’t use my vacation days at a certain time incase a different case manager asked for those days

Pros

Healthcare, vacation days

Cons

Management, coworkers

Overworked and underpaid jobs here

The general experience of working in Pilsen is that they don’t care about your work-life balance, salaries are not competitive and if you’re in burn out (which will happen here) the management gaslight you and ask you to change attitude. You do acquire a lot of experience but at a high price to your mental and physical health.

Pros

Medical insurance

Cons

Daily over booked, highest benchmark, everything is time tracked, very stressful and micro managed

Good

I liked the environment and enjoyed working with my coworkers I would recommend this place I feel that it is a good place to work at Great insurance benefits

Avoid yourself the headache working here

Management is terrible. They allow harassment to occur even if reported. They allow management to treat you like a nobody. Pay is terrible. Only time you get a raise is when people start leaving. This company is ran poorly. The heads of the company allow a lot of wrongs to occur. You aren’t heard by management unless you are a family or a friend.

Terrible Pay, Nepotism, and Overworked

Stressful environment and you are lucky to move up if you brown nose enough nothing is merit based within PWC. Terrible organization and many individuals within the administration are not qualified for their positions. Staff is severely underpaid and set a high benchmark that is by design set up for failure.

Pros

Population is great to work with and you will learn a great deal clinically.

Cons

Unrealistic bench mark, unqualified administrators, underpaid, unprofessional

Mentally and physically draining

At first you feel as though you can make a real difference. You find out very soon that forcing people to attend counseling sessions to get their methadone does not help in their development. You will be yelled at, taken advantage of, and over worked by participants.

Pros

Early work ours, out by 2pm

Cons

Low pay, corruption in the company, bad training, hectic

Horrible Turnover Rate

Save yourself the headache and find a job elsewhere. Employees are so underpaid for all of the work they are asked to do with very little acknowledgment of any of the work that is done. Supervisors try to micromanage everything you do including control the days you are off if you are scheduled to work a holiday and what time we take breaks. Hiring at this place is unreal -- revolving door because of how horrible things are ran here. Also, no one ever takes responsibility for their screw ups. Superiors are always looking to blame everyone but themselves and will have no problem throwing you under the bus.Also, you'll be lucky if you get greeted by anyone going to a different site. Just about everyone is rude and have no common courtesy. It's unbelievable to think that everyone hired is a "professional."

Pros

Great coworkers, the clients

Cons

Horrible pay, micromanage, rude people, zero acknowledgement for hard work

A joke of a company

In order to advance you need to be related to the ceo. Nepotism at is finest. People with education and titles are treated far worse then those who are related. Everything is about this company is a joke. If you don’t go along with their rules or their agenda. You are easily removed and by removed is given your papers.

Pros

Staff who care

Cons

Every thing about the Cisneros

No place for development

This is a place that you don't want to visit except if you want to learn for yourself about harassment, they are tried to give you the opportunity to grow up wheter you finish you master even you are foreigner, please look for other options out of Pilsen this place will benefit just the owners and as employee you become just in a object, a number.

Disorganised

The company is an ok place to work, supposedly a non profit but works as for profit model. Management is more about who you know, and mandated billing hours might lead to shady work. But regular workers are highly skilled and good people

Pros

Learning opportunities

Cons

Great opportunity if you're interested in Mental Health and Psychotherapy!

When I first start PWC, it took a couple of months before I actually got the hang of my position as a whole. I've learned that as a Leader and Therapist, you see the clients as a whole (case management vs therapeutic approaches). Coming into the field following graduation, I have extended my knowledge on Mental Illnesses, the many diagnoses and how and when to apply different approaches. Each year, I've learned many things that are relevant and significant to my long term goals.As for management, I must say I have always had the support that I've needed. The hardest part of the job thus far is ensuring that all of the paperwork remains in compliance. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a team that supports one another

Pros

Many trainings; benefits; decent pay

Cons

Meeting bench mark deadlines

Common questions about Pilsen Wellness Center

Answered by current and former employees at Pilsen Wellness Center

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pilsen Wellness Center. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

1.9
InHerSight Score
1.8Personal Development
1.8Career Opportunities
2.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Pilsen Wellness Center Reviews by Location

Learn about Pilsen Wellness Center in popular locations

• Pilsen Wellness Center
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?