PIM Brands Employee Reviews

Don't Dead Open Inside
Boiler Operator/HVAC Tech (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJFebruary 12, 2019
Worst company I've ever worked for. Hired as boiler operator, worked as boiler operator, chiller operator, compressor technician, pipe fitter, welder, HVAC mechanic, pump mechanic, waste water treatment plant operator, and plumber. All through out the plant, none of which is within sight or sound of the boilers you're supposed to be monitoring.

Supervisor's on constant power trips, none knowing what the others doing from shift to shift or dept. to dept. You'll be asked to do one thing from one and get reprimanded or scolded by the other.

Healthcare is only affordable if you're single, otherwise forget about it.

The temp agency workers ie. Cheap, disposable labor make the job even more difficult, due to language barriers and a lack of skill or knowledge of the facility, due to the constant turnover, you'll almost never see the sample people week to week.

PIM maintenance employee turnover is also high, In 1 year I saw 2 Chief Engineer's and 10 Plant operators come and go. In 1 year I was the senior operating engineer making $17/hr.

Don't just walk, RUN away from this company!
Pros
Free candy every month
Cons
Short times breaks via time clock punching. Crowded break room. High turnover.
Warehouse
Wzrehouse (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJJanuary 22, 2019
Really this company Is the worse, poor hr,poor management, Supervisor and Manager Racist,they don't care about you,Supervisor pass only hiding with the security checking camaras...
Pros
Not good
Love the job love what i do but maint supervisor no good.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  NJDecember 12, 2018
New supervisor think there GOD ALL mighty come down to earth DUDE. Start treating people with respect and start listen to peoples ideas YOU DONT KNOW IT ALL.
Pros
Good benefits 401k match paid vacations
Cons
Cheap to give good raises, only 1 break per shift, cutting down on a OT.
Overall fun place to work
Vice President of Operations/ Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJDecember 8, 2018
Company produce a great product with national brands recognition I have not bad issues for leaving PIM Brands is just time for me to take my great managerial and Manufacturing skills to a different company,
Although I have not Boating Manufacturing Experience I have 6 Years in the Merchant Marine.
Pros
Great product
Cons
None.
great experience
Blue Seal Boiler Engineer (Current Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 1, 2018
busy fast pace decent money you really need experience to work there one needs to be already mechanicley inclined blah blah blah blah blah blah lot of work
Good benefits, poor pay, and work most weekends
Cook/Batch Maker (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJJune 25, 2018
It's a decent job depending what you're looking for. Very demanding and stressful. Love the benefits but not well paying. Only 4 holidays in the year they recognize, must work them if you're scheduled.
Constant stress
Reach Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Somerset njJune 21, 2017
Very demanding and low pay ! Specially rotating days of work ! Stay away!

All of the staff are rude and fake , very fast pace work and always an attitude with supervisors.
Pros
Get to eat whenever you hungry
Cons
Everything !
tough
Manager (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJJuly 1, 2015
tough place to work, 24/7 facility with (at the time) majority temps. typical work day is putting out fires and addressing non-conformance issues
Learned a lot about micro contamination and remediation. The management team has been fractured over the past couple weeks.
Co-workers, put in a lot of effort and achieve a lot but normally the bar gets moved half way through the project.
hardest part of the job, most companies have SMEs in place, or management has some kind of knowledge that is universal and well rounded, not here.
most enjoyable is the owner is a great guy and really wants to be world class, but the work force is third world at best and the turnover is terrific.
Pros
The owner is awesome and wants the best out of everything
Cons
Management is fractured and leadership is split
Productive Environment
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJJune 30, 2015
At the start of the day, it was my responsibility to review any requisition forms that had been submitted the day before. MY manager and I worked together to review and submit purchase orders and it was also necessary to get in touch with our vendors. I learned the importance of organization and detail. I also learned how to multi-task in a fast paced environment. My direct manager was extremely knowledgeable. She showed me a lot and we had a good relationship. My co-workers at PIM were all very professional. The hardest part of the job was reading the shop workers' handwriting on the requisition forms. If there was any confusion, I would have to spend time trying to find or get in contact with the individual for clarification. In that sense, I felt like a manager. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside the Purchasing Manager and the other purchasing assistant.
poor management company doesnt care about you
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJMay 19, 2015
for a growing company the place is a revolving door due to poor managment a hr department that doesnt care about its employees and the moral is so low you go to work everyday wondering if your going to get fired STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
growing company
Cons
management doesnt care about you benifits suck
great place
Manager of Facility Sanitation / Safety (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJApril 7, 2014
excellent place to work if you want to be recognized and noticed!
Pros
flexible time and schedule
Cons
growing so rapidly that down time is work from home time
Day at work
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJOctober 26, 2012
good company but management show learn how to organize staffing employee better and increase pay rates