Pima Medical Institute Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Work Study
PTA Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 5, 2018
Pima is a good place to work for a work study student.
It was convenient and work was right there on campus. The campus is a fair size and the staff is really friendly.
Great Place To Work Supportive Staff
Instructor (Evenings part-time) (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 30, 2018
Overall satisfied with the organization. They put a lot of effort into making employees feel important. I am getting good experience working there as an instructor.
relaxed environment
Financial Aid Advisor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 28, 2018
This was my first time being in that field but once I learned what I needed to know i was more comfortable and able to perform my duties better.
I learned alot working there.
Pros
I learned more than I expected
Cons
It was shortlived
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 20, 2018
Would recommend for others to work if their willing to receive lower pay. Learned to educate students to help prepare them to further their life through a good career.
Pros
free lunches, slow paced
Fun
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 12, 2018
Love my career .. I do everything associated with respiratory ..intubate..bipap..oxygen equipment...giving treatments..cot..EKGs ..emergency experience..icu experience..pedi experience..
Pros
Love my job
Cons
Love my job
overall job culture
Placement Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 11, 2018
a typical work day or week would be locating students externship sites. Following up with students currently on their extern sites. Inputting externship hours. Contact new externship sites.
Great company vibe
Financial Aid Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 26, 2018
Great location and place to work. Staff was great and I looked forward to going to work each day. Company had a solid training program and nice rewards each year as well. You were recognized for your hard work.
Students
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 11, 2018
It is a great place to work. I enjoy enriching students lives and provide insight of the real world. Faculty coordinator is awesome and glad to work with them.
Pros
Time with students
Cons
only part time
Stressful but compensated fairly
Financial Aid Officer (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 29, 2018
Work at Pima can be very stressful with starts happening multiple times a month. However, the compensation is fair, and employees are offered employee stock benefits (ESOP). This in addition to the generous 401K matching make it a company that employees can retire from.
Work Program
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 16, 2018
While I was gong to school at PIMA the had a program to help give a little extra income to those who needed it. It was mostly just filing, but it was easy money and I made my own hours. As soon as it was time for my Internship it was over, but it was nice while it lasted.
Amazing school
Medical Assistant Graduate (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAApril 30, 2018
Pima is a very hands-on school, you learn a lot in the amount of time that you need. You will never have a dull day if you are a hands-on leaner. The teachers are amazing and very helpful
Best Job Ever
LEAD INSTRUCTOR (Back Office) (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 29, 2018
Watching the light go on in students faces is an awesome experience. For the most part we worked well as a team. Unfortunately, there is always one that has to stir the pot. As management began to change so did the dynamics and politics were not a game I played well.
Amazing Company
Veterinary Placement Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAApril 16, 2018
This review is based solely on the Chula Vista Campus....
Great culture. People enjoy going to work and it shows. Very family oriented. Everyone works as team which isn't the same at other Pima locations.
Great benefits, potlucks, outings, holiday party, paid holidays, free turkey for Thanksgiving!!!
Many of the employees have been at this location for YEARS, which I believe says a lot.
Everyone cares about the students and it shows. Opportunity for growth as long as you have a degree of some sort...it is a college after-all!
Company cares for their employees and does a lot of nice things that many other companies wouldn't consider.
Pros
Family oriented, work, life, balance, bonuses
Cons
None at this campus
stressful
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 20, 2018
This school will make you a better tech absolutely. But for how much you have to pay for the schooling it is not worth it cause you wont make enough once out of school.
I love my job.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 16, 2018
Management here is the best I've ever worked. I get absolute support, their open door policy with upper management makes you feel heard and appreciated. I love teaching my students, even the difficult ones. I am given the tools and support to do my job to the best of my ability. Coworkers are encouraging and supportive, overall, the best working experience of my life.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short breaks
The company is family owned and a great place to work
Medical Career Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 31, 2018
My day involved contacting students, generating my own business through email ,phone calls and career fairs. I enjoyed the mgt team
and making my goals was easy for me since we offered affordable medical programs. I really enjoyed how our team worked closely together
Pros
Compensation was very good
Cons
No cons to report
Maa
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 29, 2018
I had no intentions of leaving . I was escorted off the property with securities misconception that I was drinking at work. In reality my blood sugar was low. The result was I was terminated for low blood sugar.
n/a
Respiratory Therapy Instructor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 19, 2018
The PTO accrual is not great, but the ESOP is a nice benefit. The people are very nice, and most of them have been here for a very long time. After 5 years you are totally vested in their ESOP
Great benefits ,program directors excel dispite upper management.
instructor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2018
Campus is growing and classes are full. Education is hit or miss depending on department and Program Directors. Most instructors are reviewed every other class, yet management has no idea what or how they teach. Instructors (sometimes not qualified) fill in and teach subjects which they don't fully understand and can barely explain , thus exasperating students. Occasionally, depending on numbers, grades can be manipulated and students passed ,even in degree programs. Gossip is rampant , management shares information on other employees while hurting staff and student morale. In the end, most PD will pick up the slack and growth will continue despite management.
Pros
Benefits, Campus. Corporate Support
Cons
Management, lack of advancement
I was just a student
Respiratory Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJanuary 9, 2018
I was just a student at Pima Medical institute. was not employed here at all. It was however a horrible school and institution. Three instructors were fired while i was enrolled.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pima Medical Institute. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight