Pima Medical Institute

Pima Medical Institute Employee Reviews

N/a
This is a very good company to work for. Fellow faculty are very helpful and knowledgeable. Student success is everyone's main goal. Campus director is very supportive of faculty, staff, and students.
Program without pre-requisites
I applied here because I didn't need pre-requisites. It was the best choice for me because I didn't want to wait, I just wanted to jump right in. I graduated with my associate's degree.
One Of The Best Employers I've Had
My years at Pima were some of the best years I've had in the working world. My boss was the best and trained me so well I was able to grow into several positions within the company. I started out in the Admissions Support sent and grew from their. His training and encouragement showed true to the Pima Mission. So grateful I had the opportunity to work, grow and retire there.
Great
I loved when I used to work here it was an amazing and wonderful experience that let me get back to a new reality away from the fast food world I have nothing to say except to admire the dedication that they put for the students
Productive work place
Great company to work for the job rewarding but can be draining at times. Various locations which make it easy to transfer if looking to relocate to a different state.
Pros
Employee owned
Cons
short breaks
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Horrible Work Place
Poor management. No support or teamwork among staff/faculty. Management plays favorites and covers up unethical behavior. The registrar is not a qualified registrar she has a GED and a dropped out. Really! Great example! The worst place to work. The registrar has no clue what’s she doing. She has no clue how to run the bookroom. Borrows money from the students payments and replace on payday. Horrible! The Campus Director is always in fear of loosing his job. He allows bullying retaliation and racist comments at this campus. He’s way to busy focused on unprofessional behavior in his office. If you speak up your no.ones favorite. My Students are always missing books and no action are ever taken. Everything is thrown under the rug.
Pros
Nothing Good / Other Great Companies can offer better
Cons
Lunch break/ had to wait till everyone went to lunch
productive and relaxed place to work
I enjoyed being a work study for Pima Medical Institute while I was in school during the day. Everyone was welcoming and great to work with, now that I am finished with class I am looking forward to starting my new career as a Medical Assistant.
Place sucks
Nepotism running rampant. Felt like middle school with bullies and gossiped. So happy now that I dont have to hate the place I work at everyday, like I did here and their corporate management is the worst I have worked with in 20 years.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Pima Medical Institute?
Great School!

Love OTA program

Cool PTA program

Fun opportunity
Micromanaged
Its a call center with quotas to be met it can be stressful. It is not an engaging job where you have the opportunity to use your brain or creativity - lots of expectations from mgmt but no rewards from them for being a great employee. Meeting goals, showing up for work on time, doing everything that is expected and more does not get rewarded. Only a few get recognized.
Amazing
Love the environment, feeling of family in all aspects of job and professional relationships. Community support and constant support for all needed assistance.
Hard, condensed,expensive.
To be clear, I did not work here, I was a student. Indeed has misread my resume and is making fill 150 characters in order to proceed to the next stage.
Good at ground level, corporate culture is getting questionable
The teaching portion is great. The corporate culture is changing, and not for the better currently. If you are just part-time you may be OK and not have to deal with the politics
Pima supports its own
There are many benefits to working with Pima Medical Institute. They have a stock share option when an employee becomes eligible. The employees are part stock owners in the company. This gives the employees a sense of ownership for the company.
Very Mission Driven
Pima Medical Institute is a great place to work. They place a great deal of value on their employees and students. They ensure that students receive the best value for their investment.
Great potential
Pima has great potential to be an amazing place to work. Sadly they keep the horrid employees and drive away the good ones. There’s a lot of favoritism through out the company. When there’s a problem management sweeps it under the rug. Quite sad honestly.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Everything else
Productive and fun workplace
I worked in the financial aid department, I would make appointments for students who needed to see their financial aid officers, I would answer the phone and make phone calls, file paperwork, and just help around the office in anyway I could
Fun workplace
They were really good with being flexible with hours. Allowed me a variety of jobs and gave me the opportunity to show I was capable of being a self starter and independent worker as well as working as a team.
Came back for more
I was first associated with Pima as a student in the first class on this campus in November of 2015. The education I received was incredible and allowed me to secure a position in a specialty field before I had even finished school. After graduation, I would come back often to visit my favorite teachers and staff. When I was asked if I would be interested in coming back to campus to help teach the next group of veterinary students, I jumped at the opportunity. Now that I have been able to work with the instructors that helped shape my career, I have even more respect for what they do. Teaching isn't easy but they make it look effortless. Everyone is so knowledgeable and willing to help students in any way that they can. I am only there part time but the bond that we are able to form with the students, and the leadership and guidance that we are able to provide is inspiring. I think it speaks volumes about a company and a school when the graduates are so willing and eager to come back and be a part of the program that got them to where they are. I personally know of at least 4 former students that have come back to be a part of the Pima team and I am proud to be one of them.
Best place to work
Wonderful place to work! Great opportunity to shape people for a career in the medical field. Everyone works together. Lots of career promotion and fun activities for staff.
Pros
Amazing place to work
Cons
Not enough hours
Looks good on the outside, but not student focused
Poor management. No support or teamwork among staff/faculty. Management plays favorites and covers up unethical behavior. Some faculty are not qualified and can't provide transcripts of degrees or pass required certification exams needed to teach.
Pros
Esop, 401k
Cons
No support, not student focused
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pima Medical Institute. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.5Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight