Pima Medical Institute Employee Reviews

Stressful but compensated fairly
Financial Aid Officer (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 29, 2018
Work at Pima can be very stressful with starts happening multiple times a month. However, the compensation is fair, and employees are offered employee stock benefits (ESOP). This in addition to the generous 401K matching make it a company that employees can retire from.
Work Program
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 16, 2018
While I was gong to school at PIMA the had a program to help give a little extra income to those who needed it. It was mostly just filing, but it was easy money and I made my own hours. As soon as it was time for my Internship it was over, but it was nice while it lasted.
Amazing school
Medical Assistant Graduate (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAApril 30, 2018
Pima is a very hands-on school, you learn a lot in the amount of time that you need. You will never have a dull day if you are a hands-on leaner. The teachers are amazing and very helpful
Best Job Ever
LEAD INSTRUCTOR (Back Office) (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 29, 2018
Watching the light go on in students faces is an awesome experience. For the most part we worked well as a team. Unfortunately, there is always one that has to stir the pot. As management began to change so did the dynamics and politics were not a game I played well.
Amazing Company
Veterinary Placement Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAApril 16, 2018
This review is based solely on the Chula Vista Campus....
Great culture. People enjoy going to work and it shows. Very family oriented. Everyone works as team which isn't the same at other Pima locations.
Great benefits, potlucks, outings, holiday party, paid holidays, free turkey for Thanksgiving!!!
Many of the employees have been at this location for YEARS, which I believe says a lot.
Everyone cares about the students and it shows. Opportunity for growth as long as you have a degree of some sort...it is a college after-all!
Company cares for their employees and does a lot of nice things that many other companies wouldn't consider.
Pros
Family oriented, work, life, balance, bonuses
Cons
None at this campus
stressful
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 20, 2018
This school will make you a better tech absolutely. But for how much you have to pay for the schooling it is not worth it cause you wont make enough once out of school.
I love my job.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 16, 2018
Management here is the best I've ever worked. I get absolute support, their open door policy with upper management makes you feel heard and appreciated. I love teaching my students, even the difficult ones. I am given the tools and support to do my job to the best of my ability. Coworkers are encouraging and supportive, overall, the best working experience of my life.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short breaks
The company is family owned and a great place to work
Medical Career Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 31, 2018
My day involved contacting students, generating my own business through email ,phone calls and career fairs. I enjoyed the mgt team
and making my goals was easy for me since we offered affordable medical programs. I really enjoyed how our team worked closely together
Pros
Compensation was very good
Cons
No cons to report
Maa
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 29, 2018
I had no intentions of leaving . I was escorted off the property with securities misconception that I was drinking at work. In reality my blood sugar was low. The result was I was terminated for low blood sugar.
n/a
Respiratory Therapy Instructor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 19, 2018
The PTO accrual is not great, but the ESOP is a nice benefit. The people are very nice, and most of them have been here for a very long time. After 5 years you are totally vested in their ESOP
Great benefits ,program directors excel dispite upper management.
instructor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2018
Campus is growing and classes are full. Education is hit or miss depending on department and Program Directors. Most instructors are reviewed every other class, yet management has no idea what or how they teach. Instructors (sometimes not qualified) fill in and teach subjects which they don't fully understand and can barely explain , thus exasperating students. Occasionally, depending on numbers, grades can be manipulated and students passed ,even in degree programs. Gossip is rampant , management shares information on other employees while hurting staff and student morale. In the end, most PD will pick up the slack and growth will continue despite management.
Pros
Benefits, Campus. Corporate Support
Cons
Management, lack of advancement
I was just a student
Respiratory Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJanuary 9, 2018
I was just a student at Pima Medical institute. was not employed here at all. It was however a horrible school and institution. Three instructors were fired while i was enrolled.
Excellent school! Seattle campus is the best!
Instructor for Veterinary Technician Program (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 8, 2018
Loved my time at Pima in Seattle, loved my co-workers and the students that were there the time I was. The company was great to employees but could be better to the students
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
For-profit school
Pima
Instructor (Former Employee) –  FacilityJanuary 3, 2018
It is a great place to work to pass on my knowledge to my students in order for them to start new careers in the healthcare field. Peers are helpful and good management .
Destroying markets in every city
You don't want to know (Current Employee) –  United StatesDecember 17, 2017
Flooding the market with people that never truly cared about higher learning, primarily those that choose to be "COTAS"! Bringing down the pay rates of everyone around and jeopardizing real clinician licenses! Failing to properly teach even the basic human anatomy and medical terminology! Horrible tech/trade school!
Quick Paced
Financial Aid Officer (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 27, 2017
There is a start that happens two to three times a month, so it is a very fast paced environment. The admissions department and campus director do place a lot of stress of making "budget" every single month, so there is pressure on all department to make numbers.
Work hard so others can take credit for it
Employee (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 24, 2017
They tell you they are all about the employee, but when it comes time to look out for someone, they are all about the money. Lazy people get away with doing nothing and get rewarded for it, while a few people do all the work and are ignored when they complain.
Poor management put, illegal labor practices, values money and numbers more than students
Instructor (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 3, 2017
Admissions and financial aid are more focused on numbers than making the right fit for a student’s capabilities-both financial and academically.
The communication between faculty and staff is poor.
Even though we were hourly employees, we were only allowed to be on the clock for 40 hours. Meaning they would change your time card and take away time worked. We were required to be in our classrooms during our breaks / lunches (and told that time was NOT ours) in order to tutor. Even if no one wanted tutoring, we were supposed to be there. And we still had to clock out for it.
The dress code is not realistic for the real world. They don’t allow any visible tattoos, or more than one post ear piercing. They require hair color to be only ones available in nature. This is unrealistic for the job market, but they are still determined to be excessively conservative.
I’m glad I’m not there any more.
Cons
No overtime, No breaks, time cards changed without permission
Mr riverias phlebotomy class
Student (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 31, 2017
On a typical school day we learned alot and conducted alot of hands on training.We tested weekly both writing and practical. They are family oriented, organized and they care for there students.
Pros
State certifacation testing is done at the school
Cons
Only one campus in el paso
Pima Medical Institute
Online Financial Aid Manager- Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 31, 2017
Pima Medical Institute is a wonderful organization. I learned a plethora of skills during my time at PMI Tucson. The company has a great understanding of community and treats the staff and students like family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pima Medical Institute. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight