Pima Medical Institute Employee Reviews

Not employed, was a student
PIMA Student (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 23, 2018
I would always recommend PIMA to anyone weather its to work there or attend as a student. From a student perspective, it was amazing. Classes were quick paced and instructors were knowledgeable in the field they were teaching in. If they were unable to answer a question, they would speak with another instructor to get an answer. Absolutely loved going to this school.
Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 13, 2018
Pima was better in selecting their students for a respiratory care program. Part of the issue I had was lack of equipment, but we were able to bring in vendors of ventilators to accomplish the teaching.
Pros
Students
Cons
Lack of resources
school
Medical Assistant Certification (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 15, 2018
It was a medical school that was quick and brutal, at times. I learned a ton and would do it again and again. Loved my instructors and the friends I've made.
This is a school. Has great hours for all types.
Student (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 20, 2018
This school is fast paced but will work with your job so you can go back to school. You learn good therory with lots of hands on. This program is a stepping stone for an associates degree
Pros
Great environment
Excellent
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 13, 2018
It is a wonderful place to work. All of m co-workers and staff are extremely helpful and willing to do anything in order to ensure success of the students. The management listens to you as well as assist you as needed.
High standards, limited support
OTA Program Faculty Instructor (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 29, 2018
The school as a whole is an amazing company to work for. Within each department, there was limited support for new teachers for proper training and orientation to the performance expectations of the students.
Cares More About Numbers Than What's Right
Advisor (Former Employee) –  ColoradoAugust 13, 2018
Of course, Pima's mission is to care for the student and see that they advance and get their education but the students completely run the entire program. If a student gets upset, reports something that is false, makes false claims, and lies, Pima is willing to bend over backwards and even break the law to keep that student. It is all about money and morals/ethics are out of the window. It baffled me to see how laws and rules were bent to the point of submission simply because a student did not get their way. This for-profit institution looks good on the outside but doesn't hire enough minorities and keeps everything one sided for the pleasure of the student.
Cons
For-Profit frame of mind
Work Study
PTA Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 5, 2018
Pima is a good place to work for a work study student.
It was convenient and work was right there on campus. The campus is a fair size and the staff is really friendly.
Great Place To Work Supportive Staff
Instructor (Evenings part-time) (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 30, 2018
Overall satisfied with the organization. They put a lot of effort into making employees feel important. I am getting good experience working there as an instructor.
relaxed environment
Financial Aid Advisor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 28, 2018
This was my first time being in that field but once I learned what I needed to know i was more comfortable and able to perform my duties better.
I learned alot working there.
Pros
I learned more than I expected
Cons
It was shortlived
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 20, 2018
Would recommend for others to work if their willing to receive lower pay. Learned to educate students to help prepare them to further their life through a good career.
Pros
free lunches, slow paced
Fun
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 12, 2018
Love my career .. I do everything associated with respiratory ..intubate..bipap..oxygen equipment...giving treatments..cot..EKGs ..emergency experience..icu experience..pedi experience..
Pros
Love my job
Cons
Love my job
overall job culture
Placement Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 11, 2018
a typical work day or week would be locating students externship sites. Following up with students currently on their extern sites. Inputting externship hours. Contact new externship sites.
Great company vibe
Financial Aid Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 26, 2018
Great location and place to work. Staff was great and I looked forward to going to work each day. Company had a solid training program and nice rewards each year as well. You were recognized for your hard work.
Students
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 11, 2018
It is a great place to work. I enjoy enriching students lives and provide insight of the real world. Faculty coordinator is awesome and glad to work with them.
Pros
Time with students
Cons
only part time
Stressful but compensated fairly
Financial Aid Officer (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 29, 2018
Work at Pima can be very stressful with starts happening multiple times a month. However, the compensation is fair, and employees are offered employee stock benefits (ESOP). This in addition to the generous 401K matching make it a company that employees can retire from.
Work Program
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 16, 2018
While I was gong to school at PIMA the had a program to help give a little extra income to those who needed it. It was mostly just filing, but it was easy money and I made my own hours. As soon as it was time for my Internship it was over, but it was nice while it lasted.
Great place to work, grow, feel appreciated and truly make a difference for so many students.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 6, 2018
I love the environment, the people and most of all the students. Pima allows you to put your ideas into action. They are always looking for new and innovative ways to improve. No two days are ever the same, students are treated as individuals. It’s great to feel appreciated and valued. Doing a job where I make a difference is a fantastic feeling. Pima Graduations are proof of that employee collaboration .
Pros
The people (students, staff, faculty) and the ESOP
Cons
Very few windows
Amazing school
Medical Assistant Graduate (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAApril 30, 2018
Pima is a very hands-on school, you learn a lot in the amount of time that you need. You will never have a dull day if you are a hands-on leaner. The teachers are amazing and very helpful
Best Job Ever
LEAD INSTRUCTOR (Back Office) (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 29, 2018
Watching the light go on in students faces is an awesome experience. For the most part we worked well as a team. Unfortunately, there is always one that has to stir the pot. As management began to change so did the dynamics and politics were not a game I played well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pima Medical Institute. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight