Pine Belt Mental Healthcare Resources Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Stressful
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MSAugust 14, 2018
It was really stressful which had a lot on me and I didn’t like being all over the place. At first it started off not bad but then it turned bad when things didn’t go as planned which I didn’t like.
Working hours great for nurses
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSAugust 10, 2018
For nurses working 8-5 Monday through Friday was a plus
Benefits were good to start with but health insurance declined through the years.
Retirement match was great
Stressed
Clinical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Richton, MSJuly 23, 2018
I developed and anxiety problem while working there. They offered counseling for employees but the insurance did not cover it. The secretary of the county offices are underpaid
Care less About clients
Active Treatment Technician (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJuly 20, 2018
Pinebelt was initially a very enjoyable place to work. Training was great and the culture of the workplace was great. Then you get to know the working of the cog and realized they care more about a dollar than the well-being of the clients. Pinebelt will cut corners and service to get hours aka money for the patient. Almost to the harm of the client.
Great place to start right after college.
ACTIVITIES DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJuly 18, 2018
Great place to work right after college. Good place for career advancement.

Willing to work with school schedule. Interned while in school and playing college sports.
Very stressful job
Crisis Counselor and Day Treatment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJune 27, 2018
It was a very stressful job due to the requirements of the state and employer. The clients are very intense and not much support is given from upper management.
Stressful
Case Manager (Community Support Specialist) (Former Employee) –  Ellisville, MSJune 22, 2018
A typical day includes counseling and meeting individuals with mental illness needs. I learned how to successful conduct group counseling sessions. I dislike the stress of the job and no support. I never received a raise and once I received my Masters I was not given a opportunity to advance.
Pros
hour lunch break
Cons
no raises or advancement
A work environment to utilize education and experiences obtained through a work relationship with other agencies in the community and consumers.
Community Support Specialist - Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJune 18, 2018
My typical day involves the need to show genuine empathetic interaction with consumers. Empathy and congeniality shown with fellow employees and consumers in aiding consumers being empowered to work towards optimal living in all areas of their lives.
Pros
Work days are week days, 8:00am - 5:00pm, 11paid holidays, vacation days cash - in
Cons
no flex time, 1 opportunity throughout the year to receive salary increase
Clinical Staff have no hope of a fore filling career.
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  MississippiJune 5, 2018
Great place for support staff or management. Clinical staff have the impossible expectation of meeting "production hours with medicaid" weekly. There is no way to do this and be ethical. So there lies the problem for those of in the field that value our integrity and code of ethics. No raises ever, employed there over 8 years. I went back in for a year later and loved my job but the same problems existed. I was told just see youth and not work with parents since that would hinder how many hours a day that I could bill Medicaid.

I feel strongly that home based services should be in the home with the care giver not at the school with children and no parental interventions.
Pros
Cons
Expected to meet insurance hours not provide good therapeutic care
this job was so long ago, I cannot rate it accurately
Alcohol & Drug Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSMay 29, 2018
This was a local mental health center, and we were paid according to how many hours of federal and state government funding we engaged by our work with mostly poor people. This made for uncertain income for some of the staff. Management was pressed to arrange our work/salaries successfully. But the team-work and job culture was supportive and exciting.
Pros
great teamwork
Cons
uncertain salary base
job expectations unrealistic
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSMay 8, 2018
the production requirements are unrealistic.
i love being able to help my families and my kids and definitely grew a great bond.
Management is not always understanding when you struggle to get production even if you have a valid reason
Pros
job experience
Cons
production expectations
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSMay 6, 2018
This organization was a not for profit and relied mainly on the amount of billable you were able to make. Each employee that provided community based service has to make at least 23 hours of production.
Fullfilling work, great co-workers that enjoy working with children and families.
Clinician/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSFebruary 16, 2018
High level of stress to meet financial production of case management, therapy work with children, youth and families. Agency is able t recruit excellent staff and trainings for staff are exceptional. However, staff finds themselves caught between providing quality vs quantity to meet quotas.
Overworked
Clinician I (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSFebruary 13, 2018
Loved the job, families and co-workers but refused to work 50-60 hours a week without being paid for overtime. Everyone in the office where I worked was suffering from the strain of free overtime. The management knew and did not care. When they’re billibg Medicaid $347 an hour but refuse to pay you over time for working... no, not for me.
Pros
Insurance
Awesome place to work
Clinical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MSFebruary 1, 2018
I started out as a temp and moved to full time with this company. I have been with the company for 7 years and have enjoyed my co workers and the people I come in contact with everyday.
Daily day at work
Supervisor of Operations (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJanuary 8, 2018
supervising clients and staff. Overseeing the operations of the day programs while dealing with behaviors / crises with clients at the center or home.
Pros
helping others
Cons
stress at times multi tasking but very rewarding
Some team work and self discipline
Wraparound Facilitator (MYPAC) (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSDecember 9, 2017
A typical day will be to conduct visits with clients, implement family team meetings with families and collaterals. Working with these some days are stressful but rewarding.
Pros
flexiblity
Cons
Difficlt deadlines
Educational and Community Oriented
Program Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSNovember 15, 2017
A fast paced environment working with ambitious and creative individuals with a passion for serving the mental healthcare needs of the community. Numerous opportunities for learning and professional development.
Pros
Working with clients, team environment, and supportive management
constant pressure
Active Treatment Technician - Crisis Intervention (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSOctober 16, 2017
Rather not say. It depends you you are working with and the supervisors that you deal with. Didn't have a good experience with the authority. Got along with most of the co-workers. Back stabbers wherever you go.
Pros
Benefita
Cons
Rather not say
PBMH is a very diverse and resourceful place of business.
Clinical Secretary/ Medical records custodian (Former Employee) –  Prentiss, MSOctober 9, 2017
Pine Belt Mental Health is an Out patient mental health facility that provided mental health treatment and counseling to children, as well as adults that are suffering from various types of mental illness. Pine Belt is a great place to work because it provides this service and it also is resourceful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pine Belt Mental Healthcare Resources. Our community is ready to answer.