Pine Environmental Services Employee Reviews

I enjoyed my time at Pine Environmental.
ELECTRONIC TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Lilburn, GAJune 7, 2018
I was an electronic bench technician. I calibrated and repaired portable and hand held gas analyzers. I also provided technical support by phone for our customers.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
low wages and minimum benefits
fun and laid back workplace...
DELIVERY DRIVER / JUNIOR TECH (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 22, 2018
cool job, but im not utilizing my class B cdl...so my salary is not what it should be...took the job because some money is better than no money...and Pine was willing to give me a chance!
Pros
nice staff...
Cons
salary, long distance from my home...
Exhausting work load with little organization and support
Technician (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, MEApril 9, 2018
This company is shifting to a corporate style management/training atmosphere that leaves its employee's in the dark when it comes to learning new technologies. For a hands-on business it offers little to no hands on training, and instead insists on using "Standard Operating Procedures" that are often confusing, or totally non-existent. Often we would be expected to work on a piece of equipment that had no documentation, and only a manual to learn by. There is NO training program within this company. AGAIN I SAY, ZERO TRAINING. Employee's are expected to seek out their own answers among other employee's with virtually no help from branch and upper management. This leaves employee's with different understandings on how equipment operates, and in many cases employee's are mislead and have incorrect knowledge on technologies. The driving force behind this is operations are so busy company-wide that the work staff has no time to spare in giving adequate hands-on training. The work load is entirely too large for the staffing Pine provides. Employee's are left to do a multitude of different jobs (some not listed on the job description), and are expected to take on more and more as time goes on. Organization is regarded as low priority, with a focus on completing work orders at any and every expense, even if the customer is being unruly and unfair. This is a "CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT, EVEN WHEN THEY'RE WRONG" business. Pine will go to whatever measures to make sure the customer is satisfied. This often leaves employee's frantically rushing around to satisfy customer demands, even if  more... it means fabricating equipment that isn't necessarily up to standards. When it comes to being a "leading provider in environmental monitoring equipment" this company sure lacks a lot of actual equipment. Most of the day is spent hunting down equipment from other branches to fill orders instead of working on the actual equipment itself. Often times this leads to disputes among different branches, and internal fighting over equipment. This type of atmosphere harbors bad relations with other employee's and in general creates a hostile type of work environment. The lack of staffing, and help from management creates a hostile work environment within branches as well. Stress levels are maxed out trying to keep business going, and there were countless times when I would feel aggression from/towards other employee's simply because of the amount of stress you're left to deal with. Often times this is due to having to learn something completely new with no assistance. I liked the people I worked with, but Pine creates an atmosphere that will push you to the brink of mental breakdown, which is projected towards other employee's/customers. The overall business that Pine produces is highly unorganized, and of low quality, with little respect and consideration of its dedicated/hard working employee's. In conclusion, I think if Pine started to focus more on adequate staffing as well as the abilities/well being of their current employee's instead of being the largest provider in environmental equipment they might be able to culture a work force that is knowledgeable and dedicated to meet their customers' needs.  less
Pros
Weekends off, benefit package adequate
Cons
Under-staffing, no training, absent management, inadequate pay
Relationships with other employees was good, but pay was unfair.
CSR/Inside Sales/Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 26, 2018
PINE is a growing company that is switching to a more corporate atmosphere. If you are looking to move up there are opportunities, however, new employees come in at more than the long term employees. When mentioned to upper management this is overlooked and ignored. Other offices and employees like techs, CSRs, and TSRs are more than willing to help, but upper management (CEO, HR, and others) are turning their backs to these issues. No training, self trained staff
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Stressfull environment, pay is terrible, no training
Learned a lot to better my career goal
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 21, 2018
I already had customer service experience, but I did learn to take on more responsibility and handle more of the everyday office. I learned about our equipment, data entry, maintaining contract records, billing and invoicing, purchase orders. I became the lead contact for a lot of our customers.
Pros
You can learn a lot
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Management Struggles to Align Company with Employee Needs
Technical Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 15, 2018
I would rather not tarnish anybody's perception of Pine. It is not my place to install ideas of management performance. This structure did not work for me; However, others could find this work environment a great fit.
No forward vision
Warehouse Manager/Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 7, 2018
As for what they company offers to the clientele they service, Pine is one of the top companies out there in their industry. As for what they offer to employees, it is unrealistic goals with poor compensation for the amount of work and effort they expect to be put forth. It is a daily struggle to find equipment within the rental fleet that is available for upcoming rentals, with either there not being enough to go around or offices sitting on dozens of broken instruments with no intentions of getting them up and running. Each branch is usually set up to fail by being given revenue goals to reach in which the numbers seem to be pulled out of thin air instead of based upon past performance.
Hard to go by the book and do things proper when there policies keep changing
Delivery Driver/Technician (Current Employee) –  Hudson, OHFebruary 4, 2018
Had a lot of promise when I first started well for first year. Then upper management had alot of changes which in turn started a dominoe effect of multiple changes and then re-changes week by week if not day to day. And when shipping and getting orders ready that may be shipping across country or out of country it's not easy to do with policy constantly changing.
Pros
Great co-employees
Cons
Continious change
Mistake
Accounting Manager/Sr Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  West Windsor, NJFebruary 1, 2018
Mom and Pop company who out grew the garage. Idiots at the top with no understanding of financial accounting. Hires only white folk who moan and groan all day.
Pros
I left
Cons
Having a nice day and don't want to ruin it.
This office is deceptive and creates a horrible atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 15, 2017
The manager is manipulative. The warehouse manager lies and cheats customers. There is no integrity, accountability, or work ethic by management. Management shows favoritism to a select few and does not train, teach, guide or inspire the rest of the staff. The HR staff in the corporate office is aware of the deceptiveness and the fraud happening and has done nothing about it.
Benefits
Cons
The whole place is in shambles
I enjoyed the job.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MODecember 12, 2017
I was good at doing my job there but due to some problems in the office and I didn't report them was fired when they hired in the new manager of the office.
No room for advancement, but love my manager and the job itself
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 17, 2017
Having a great office manager helps me like working here a lot , the job can be stressful at times and repetitive and there is no room for advancement but overall I like it. No weekends, paid holidays off etc. The health care is too expensive though and the HR department is god awful to deal with. (Corporate in general just sucks) But I don't dread coming in to work because my manager is great and helpful and the work isn't bad. I also really like my customers. Pay isn't great but could be worse (I actually demanded a higher rate and they gave it to me). Anyway I would recommend it overall !
Pros
Weekends/holidays off and good rapport with management and customers
Cons
Pay rate/expensive benefits and poor HR. No room for advancement
Work Somewhere Else!
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 14, 2017
This place is mismanaged and uses people until they can't take it anymore and leave. The owners will keep your pay as low as possible so when you finally get frustrated enough to quit, they will try to offer you just a little more to stay.
Pros
Cons
Management & No Work Life Balance
Small warehouse with a relaxing atmosphere.
Equipment Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 10, 2017
A typical day at Pine would be repairing equipment and receiving and shipping good for clients and other offices. Pine is a stress free environment and the moral is great. i have learned a great deal about environmental quality.
Pros
Moral
Cons
Pay
job thats a good stepping stone
Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 21, 2017
Job is a good stepping stone to get into environmental field however, management will not offer any help, possibly receive one day of training then sink or swim, other offices don't offer much help and will send faulty equipment they no longer want or need to "help" you out
Company is not progressive and does not seem to care about their employee's well being
Branch/General Manager (Former Employee) –  anonymousApril 10, 2017
Long hours, stressful environment, poor starting salary, no checks and balances in place, management likes to manage by memo, most employees and management have an "out for themselves' attitude as opposed to a team culture. not many are willing to help each other.
Pros
weekends off mostly
Cons
long hours, poor pay, disconnected management
Pine has some good, some bad
Regional Salesman (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 14, 2017
I tried to make the best of the situation while I was at Pine. The branch manager was moved to a different location and it left the office in a bad situation. The two admins didn't get along well and so communication was terrible, orders were often wrong. Within a month of my start date we had lost our biggest client because of the number of orders that were incorrect (note: I did not take these orders, they were done by administrative personnel in the office). Nonetheless, I got out and saw lots of customers and enjoyed meeting with them.
Pros
Got to meet lots of people in the industry
Cons
Poor communication between workers
Most awful place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, NJJune 27, 2016
The owners have no respect for employees at all. They treat everyone poorly. They curse and holler at you and expect so much work for the tiny amount of money they pay.
They also cheat customers by telling them equipment they rented was not returned and cannot be found They charge rental fees when they find "said equipment" in their own dirty warehouse. Their delivery trucks are not maintained. The office is dirty. Techs are not trained. Bathrooms are dirty, lunch room is disgusting. I could go on & on....
DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!! You'll regret it
Pros
None!
Cons
Mentioned above
Equipment Technician/CSR (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAApril 30, 2016
The CEO was very generous with our staff in Woburn, visits occasionally, and personally ensures that everyone is productive and happy. The staff works hard, and everyone helps each other out--one hand washes the other. Everyone gets full benefits, which is awesome!
Pros
Full benefits, free lunches every other Friday, holidays off, personal days off, and paid vacations, plenty of parking
Cons
Lower pay, but still worth it
Not the best but not the worst
Technical Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 13, 2016
Extreme lack of strategy and structure exist within the organization and sales is highly dictated by operations. Don't expect to lean on management for much help here. This is a classic to many chiefs and not enough indians organization. Also, expect to work for bosses who think fear instills results..no true leaders at this place
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pine Environmental Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8