Pine Forest Camp Employee Reviews

Very roductive
Assistant Lake Director (Former Employee) –  Greeley, PAApril 24, 2018
A typical day included coordinating events with other co workers on what activities should be given each specific group of campers. Additionally, we had to coordinate these events in a time efficient manner as each specific group only did have about 40 minutes a piece.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Not the best place to work unless you went there.
Sports Trainer (Former Employee) –  Greeley, PAJuly 14, 2017
Drama filled camp! if you aren't jewish do not work here! You will get judged for it! If you did not grow up going to this camp they will not treat you well. They try and only hire abroad but sometimes hires people from town like I was and they did not like me for it. It is all rich kids. The pay is also horrible. They only guarantee you half your pay if they do not like you they will only pay you half. If they do they will pay you full.
Unforgettable summer
Warehouse and Kitchen staff (Former Employee) –  Greeley, PAJune 29, 2017
Warehouse and kitchen work in an American Summer camp in the middle of the woods in Pennsylvania. Got to meet and work with a ton of wonderful people from America and the rest of the world. Would recommend to anybody.
Pros
Free food and use of facilities
Cons
You're kind of stuck in the middle of the woods but that can be therapeutic.
Fun environment to make friends and mentor kids
Unit Leader (Former Employee) –  Greeley, PAApril 4, 2017
Great place if you like working with kids. You follow roughly the same schedule every day and get to know your campers very well. You become their parent for the 7 weeks and it is very rewarding.
Bad people
Nurse (Former Employee) –  PensylvaniaFebruary 28, 2017
Management did not keep the promises they made. I was told I would be going on a trip to Hawaii. When I got to camp after ten hours of travel in which I was very air sick. I was told that I wasn't fit for camp. They used my services for 2 weeks and sent me home. I was reimbursed for travel but never paid. Do not work for these people.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Dishonest people
High energy workplace
Sports Camp Activities Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greeley, PADecember 27, 2016
Very active day at work. The children are delightful and it's always constant movement around the camp. The hardest part of the job was living in a bunk with 12 girls.
Pros
Free accomodations
Cons
Short breaks
Drama Counselor
Camp Counselor helped in drama department (Former Employee) –  Greely, PAMay 31, 2014
day full of kids and enojying their company all together. Taught kids alot about music, acting, and drama in general. Helped with end of the year musical
Hard work yet fun work
Head of Dance/Bunk Counselor (Former Employee) –  Greeley, PAAugust 24, 2013
The job is very demanding and stressful for the two months of camp. On the plus side it is a fun and rewarding experience that will provide friends for a lifetime.
Summer sports camp for middle / high school children
Fitness Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greeley, PAJune 3, 2013
Work as a fitness specialist in the gym and exercise area. Designing various exercise programs based on individual goals and expectations. Making sure children are both lifting properly and safely. When not working as a fitness specialist I am a gym assistant, making sure the area is safe, clean and organized.
Pros
Housing, food, expenses covered.
Cons
Travel distance from home.
Seasonal Work with GREAT atmosphere
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Greeley, PAApril 29, 2013
I worked here as a counselor and loved it. The higher up staff is a little tough on the counselors but they are just trying to keep all the children safe and happy.
Pros
Free food and housing.
Challenging, but rewarding.
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Greeley, PAMarch 4, 2013
I am not going to lie, the counseling job at Pine Forest was challenging. In my case I was far away from home and it was my first experience on my own, but the time I spent there was unforgettable and amazing. You become so close with the people who you work with, there was always such a great sense of camaraderie. The kids were amazing. The management was wonderful, you can tell that the management team loved what they did and they worked so hard to make each summer better then the last. The job is definitely not for someone who would consider themselves a couch potato. You are always up and moving, all day and everyday. So, that would have to have been the most challenging part because you are basically running a marathon for three months straight. In the end the pros definitely out way the cons. You make life long friends and I would consider my time there to be a very rewarding experience.
Pros
work with kids, play in the sun all day, and meet amazing people.
Cons
little time off and decent pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pine Forest Camp. Our community is ready to answer.

Pine Forest Camp Reviews by Location