Pine Orchard Yacht and Country Club Employee Reviews

Okay Job but “Rich” people are stuck up, be prepared
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTJune 9, 2019
Great job for the first week and then second week management is very picky about everything you do. From how you talk to dress etc. great co-workers but customers think they are better then you and treat you as such.
Pros
Beautiful scenery
Cons
People
Relaxed and engaging workplace
Dock Hand (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTOctober 5, 2018
Overall good place to work, good networking capabilities if taken advantage of. Members are easy going and friendly making your job more enjoyable. Would recommend as a part time job.
Great experience for teens and students
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTJune 14, 2017
Pine Orchard was a great first job experience. The management are friendly and care greatly about the staff, the atmosphere was extremely friendly and supportive, and the pay was fair.
Easy, and fun place to work in a great community.
Pine Orchard Golf Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTJune 7, 2017
Very fun, easy job. Management is not very strict, but will make sure that you are taking care of any work that needs to be done before anything else.
Family atmosphere
Senior Assistant Golf Professional (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTOctober 1, 2014
A great place to work. Family atmosphere. Made many friends and connections while there.
Lifeguard at Upscale Country Club
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTJuly 16, 2013
Consisted primarily of overseeing patron safety as well as administering to daily tasks such as first aid, pool cleanings, scheduling, etc. Held job for six summers and saw advancement and pay raise each summer.
Healthy Work Environment and Learning Experiences
Line Chef (Current Employee) –  Branford, CTApril 3, 2013
Being an ecclectic and exciting work environment there is no "typical" day at work. Of course there is the normal preparation for regular ala carte service in the morning but there is also the preparation of many parties that our facilities hold daily and sometime multiple per day. There is also the off-site catering services we offer which all come from our central kitchen.

Also, in addition to our many services, our lunch and dinner menus change weekly along with function menus. At any given time I may be plating for ala carte dinner and then have to be removed from the line to do a manned Pasta station for a party of 175 customers.

In the 4 seasons I have been with this company, the biggest gain for me is knowledge. Being that I work up to 60 hours a week with a very talented culinary team with ever changing menus, I have expanded on not only culinary knowledge, but the workings and managing of a very large staff including working directly with the executive and sous chefs, managers, floor staff members, salesman so on and so forth. Working alongside such dedicated and talented staff members, both front and back of the house, I have also been able to work on my weaknesses. I have made strides in being more of a leader and deligating responsibilites to fellow co-workers, a weakness I've had in the past as I wanted to do everything myself.

The hardest part of my job in this company is, well I guess, nothing. Yes it is a very challenging job both mentally and physically. Coming up with multiple menus on a weekly basis, keeping track of functions and then executing them can
  more... be mentally stressfull but the rewards are worth it.

The most enjoyable part about this company is the challenges I am presented with everyday and overcoming them and learning in the process. Not only are my co-workers talented and dedicated, they are also great friends and we push eachother not to just be better while on the clock, but I believe we also make eachother better people.
Pros
use of facilities (golf course, tennis courts etc), annual bonus
Cons
mediocre pay, advancement avialable but not likely