Pinellas County Government Employee Reviews

Great place to work if you like meeting people
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 14, 2018
It was a great place to work, the management was very friendly and ready to help you if you needed it. The co-workers were very friendly also, we had parties for birthdays, weddings, births.
Working with the customers was great also, I enjoyed speaking face to face with people.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
some stress
I can Only Speak For My Position
Accounting Finance Technician (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 4, 2018
I am happy to have a job even if it consists of digging a ditch everyday and filling it back in the next with three other people who do the same thing with different titles and higher pay.
Benefits
Cons
Job is complete reduntant absurdity
Wonderful environment to work in.
Inspector-Part Time (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLAugust 10, 2018
Excellent place to work, nice environment, friendly people, and training for all areas of work duties and responsibilities is outstanding. Opportunity to meet all types of people.
politics
Court Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 28, 2018
Working for the clerk's office was a great experience. Of course being a governmental agency there are always office politics going on. What was the most disheartening was the favoritism from the head management on down. If you were one of the chosen you could do no wrong. If you were not, it didn't matter how good of a quality of work you did, you were never their kind of person. Very sad to say the least. I enjoyed working in the courtroom the most of all. Working alongside the judges, attorneys and deputies made the job very enjoyable.
Pros
very interesting and ever changing
Cons
office politics
Loved Working Here
Board Reporter (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FL 33756June 11, 2018
I loved my time with Pinellas County. I learned a lot about the workings of local government and expanded my administrative skills. It was fun getting out of the office to go to various meetings. Some of them were quite juicy!
Was a good place to work
Election Aide, Supervisor of Elections (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLMay 22, 2018
While I enjoyed working for the County, there was minimal to no room for advancement. There was no room for movement within the organization latterally or upward. Great staff, decent management, just no career growth opportunities.
decent place to work
dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLMay 8, 2018
Difficult job. took a lot of home life, however, it is a 24/7 operation. you should know that going in and know that the reward is helping citizen in their time of need.
Most enjoyable part of the job were the people
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLApril 12, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job were the people I served, from team mates to customers across the company. There were great training and wellness programs.
Pros
Wellness Programs
Cons
Politics
High energy environment with a team motto
ASSISTANT INMATE RECORDS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Pinellas County, FLMarch 21, 2018
Excellent benefits and ability to promote within the agency. Variety of tasks and responsibilities. Many diverse areas available for variety of personality types and capabilities.
Really depends on who is County Administrator at the time
Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 6, 2018
Mostly great people who are very dedicated to their area of specialty. Many years of reorganization’s with no obvious outcome has taken a toll on hard working staff.
Pros
Benefits, Pto
Cons
Lack of executive leadership, lack of direction, politics
excellent
Supervisor of Election (Former Employee) –  Pinellas county, largo FlFebruary 26, 2018
As a temps good experience,
Good management and training
The temp place could not find me a place to work after the election.
the most enjoyable for the job was customer service
Pros
lunch break
Cons
for election only
interesting place to work
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pinellas County, FLFebruary 9, 2018
deal with personal information in large quantities daily but there were employee days sometime including management. It's a workplace it has it's moments good and not so good.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
depending what dept you find yourself in
Unhealthy work environment
Human Services (Current Employee) –  Pinellas CountyFebruary 9, 2018
A typical day at work will consist of your normal day to day operation and a few several interruptions from your supervisor or leadership of changes that will change your day or week. Regardless of having the necessary tools, leadership makes this position extremely stressful. Workplace culture is government funded and oriented. Some good employees and coworkers. Some departments are personally ran. Hiring friends into higher positions. the hardest part about the job is being undervalued and over used in areas that were not addressed originally in the job posting. This is very similar with other jobs but this may possible be inefficient and failure to properly utilize personnel. The most enjoyable part about the job is assisting residents of the Pinellas County, regardless of the sometimes tense, confusing, work environment to include leadership and management.
Pros
Healthcare
Not a healthy place to work
Traffic Signal Technician (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 18, 2018
Management in this department could care less about the morale of its workers they encourage others 2 not get along very competitive Cutthroat environment not a healthy workplace unfortunately.
I would be very hard-pressed to recommend this job to anyone looking to get into this field. The pay is extremely low for the work that is required of you you are nothing more than a contractor that builds intersections for the county very little brain work mostly braund for $16 an hour hardly gets it for me.
Pros
Lots of time off great benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJanuary 18, 2018
Great Co - Workers always willing to lend a hand in any situation that you might be in all you have to do is ask. Customers were great to deal with also.
Government job
Insurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 17, 2018
I personally found my job rewarding. Pinellas County encourages personal growth and advancement for their employees. There are limited positions available which are budgeted for in advance making hiring new employees a difficult and long term project.
Pros
Educational opportunities & variety in work day
Cons
Time consuming authority & approval process is sometimes frustrating
Great family environment to work in
Supervisor Building Services & Building Violations (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 15, 2018
Pinellas County has something about it. Hires the most friendly and hard working people that you call family. Fast paced, you learn a lot about the community. It takes certain individuals who want to work for their local community. Dedication is what I see around me. Many people who work here are married 30+ years and many work past average retirement age and enjoy people. Really enjoy working for the county and proud to be a part of it.
Pros
vacation days and benefits
Cons
none really
Dead end advancement
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLDecember 11, 2017
I really have no compliants about working for Pinellas County. I am just not being used to my fullest potential, even the managers ask me from time what am I going to do. They have even told me that they are holding me back.
Pros
It is a great place to work.
Cons
You are working at a County Jail.
Not a good place to work
Mainframe/Unix Systems Programmer (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 7, 2017
There was a lot of office politics and favoritism. Different opinions were frowned upon. Quarterly reviews were awful and not accurate. Very poor moral.
911 Operator
911 Operator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 12, 2017
911 is a difficult job. It is hard to speak with people on a day to day basis that are having emergencies. The environment can be fast paced and very hectic, or slow and tedious. You must be able to be available during all major events (such as hurricanes).

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pinellas County Government. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight