Pinellas County Government
56Below average

Pinellas County Government Employee Reviews

United States89 reviews
If you are willing to work hard, learn lots of information at once, then work extensive overtime while handling crisis calls, this is a wonderful industry.
Pros
Plenty of overtime, true feeling of making a difference, great benefits, flexible schedule at times, wonderful people and camaraderie
Cons
Staffing shortages, morale, mandatory overtime
Old school in an old building, with old people, does not make happy campers. Back talking from manager on down. They play favorites too! I would stay away from star center if I was you.
Pros
Basic benefits, offset by low wages
Cons
Basic benefits, offset by low wages
Pay scale is lower than private companies but the benefits far outweigh anywhere else. Very flexible working conditions. Family friendly. Great job.
I was employed by Pinellas County for a short time. I liked the work, however I found the management to be Toxic and Hostile, and the career personnel to be mean and vindictive. I observed clicks, drug abuse, lying and steeling every day. The management staff would seemingly just accept this rather than to deal with it.
Recording dept worst department with clerks office. Do yourself a favor and stay away! Manager uses scare tactics and no one respects her just fears her. You have been warned.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Lots of opportunities to advance & lots in house training classes available & outside training available and paid for by the employer................................................
The people i work with are great and fun to work with. They are very family oriented and show appreciation for all employees that work for the company.
Loved working 4-10s with a 3 day weekend every week. Coworkers were friendly and helpful. No real pressure to get a certain amount of work done daily because there are so many problems you can run into
It is a good place to work with very good benefits and a good paid time off schedule. They provided excellent training and equipment. The supervisors were fair and management was quite understanding.
Terrible, lazy management. Do not offer you tools or useful training in accomplishing the tasks necessary. Worst communication of any facility I've worked for. No care for safety and will deflect and blame from management mistakes. Do not have your back.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Terrible Management, forced to work in dangerous conditions.
This was the most horrible job I have ever had. I seriously cannot wait to get out of the cesspool of gossip and favoritism. Don't try to be a leader or you'll get fired. I just watched an awesome enplee get fired for no reason.
Very relaxed atmosphere .... Pinellas County Government is one of the employers that I spent most of my professional career the longest ... I have had an opportunity to grow and learn ... I am still applying lessons learned with pride.
Feel bad for leaving my team. Great bunch of people and enjoyed working with all of them. If I could bring the team with me I would. Everyone works well and knows their job on how to get it done.
I would recommend working here! It's a very good place to work if you like work with the community. It's very interesting to say the least. The learning experience it's great.
Biggest complaint is compensation is not at all competitive. Manager barely worked in the office and we were scrutinized for minute details. And there was little opportunity for advancement.
There are so many great people here but the management is complete chaos. It’s hard to know who’s running the circus, the Director or their minions. People close to retirement are passive zombies but I don’t blame them. They’ll be out in a few years. They can’t attract or retain new blood because millennials are smart enough to see through the drama. The 1% top are clueless and Crete an us versus them mentality.
Benefits
Cons
I am a Guest Teacher for the Pinellas County School Board. I work when a students primary teacher is out. It is very fulfilling to work with the students, teacher and staff. However, it is hard to advance, no benefits are paid and there is no work during the summer.
It's okay but hourly pay should be more. To live near the beach and around the Tampa area costs a lot. Plus we need more jobs that help benefit our planet.
Pros
The beach
Cons
Hourly Pay
I loved the population that is served in Public Health and always believed that public health and hospice would be where i would be. The staff get paid poorly, large turnover, short staffed but the demand for service never decreased. Very stressful
Pros
My direct manager was amazing but can only work with what she has.
Cons
Never get raises, short staffed, stressful
Never worked here but as a gesture of good will and prosperity, Id like to pass on goodwill. Why not give them the benefit of believing that there are some good people out there who actually care and do their jobs. It couldn't possibly be easy -government changes frequently.
Government job so good benefits and all and pretty good people for the most part. In my particular instance, the manager was pretty bad, however, that’s not usually the case what I had seen and heard.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pinellas County Government. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.9
InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight