Piney Grove Nursing and Rehabilitation

Working at Piney Grove Nursing and Rehabilitation: 13 Reviews

United States13 reviews

2.5Pay & Benefits

Decent pay and plenty of hours but large turnover rate.

Plenty of overtime hours available due to consistent staffing issues. This lead to a stressful work environment due to the patient/staff ration being off. Large turnover in staff as well as administration while I was there. The facility was cleaner than most LTC facilities. The pay was fair.

Bad: Management played favoritism, Don't ever answer the phone for employees, made me work over 7 days a week straight with no time off.

Don't ever work for them because, and they don't care about the employees. They refuse to hire anyone to help work in the kitchen and Short staffed...

Pros

Residents were nice, and some nice employees

Cons

Over worked, poor management, lie about sign on bonus, and constantly work based on how they feel like someone they like or not.

Piney Grove Nursing and Rehabilitation insights

• Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Management is great!

Work load is reasonable. Management is great! Staffing is a problem. Pay is good. 8 hour shifts. Management doing a great job with Covid -19. Lots of overtime available.

Pros

Management, pay, bonuses, 8 hour shifts

Cons

Lack of Staffing, lack of change of command with CNA's

Excellent company and staff

This is an awesome place to work!! Great management and administrator and DON make it such a fun and flexible place to work. Clean facility, great schedule and benefits. Excellent pay based on experience and sign on bonus. Nursing team is excellent with skills, demeanor, and teamwork makes everything so smooth here. Highly recommend!!

Be ready to work

Be ready to work. Nobody is above another and everybody is expected to help out if needed. Everyone is friendly and for the most part willing to help you achieve your goals.

No concern for patients or employees

Money is their main focus not patient care. Most of the staff is agency who are not vested in the patients. High case load but scolded for overtime. Upper management likes to micromanage

Pros

Loved the residents

Cons

Poor staff retention due to staffing issues.

Worked with great people

Enjoyed the residents but carried up to 30 residents at a time and you can not provide quality care with that many residents. Never kept briefs stocked. I loved my residents and taking care of them but I wasn't able to complete task with so many residents. Management was good. Stayed on top of things but did not make CNAs fullfill their job responsibilities.

Pros

flexible hours, bonues

Cons

CNA resident ratio way to high. Did not provide tools we needed to do job

Very dirty

The actual facility smelled like urine constantly. No improvements for staff or residents. I did not stay long. Although the residents deserve better care management does not treat employees as through they are valued. They don't care if you can't make it because of snow or weather conditions but other employees call out daily and leave other employees short handed. It needs work big time

Pros

Nice co workers, residents. Benefits are okay.

Cons

Too many residents for one employee. Short handed. Management and neglect of the building and staff.

Friendly and Flexibile but often shorthanded

This facility provided a secure job position with adequate hours and opportunities for overtime. They were willing to work with my schedule if needed. On a daily basis I would administer medication to an average of 30 residents, as well as take vital signs, monitor for any changes in condition, and collaborate with physicians/nurse practitioners concerning resident care. I enjoyed working with the other nurses/employees. During my employment there, there was a large turnover of CNA,s and we were on our 3rd DON. This was the only issue that I can mention - it seems like that facility is consistently shorthanded on CNA's. I enjoyed interacting with the residents and had no issues completing my job duties. It was fast paced at times, and other days it was slower.

Cons

short staffed

Cna

On a good day you'd have 8 patients. Most of the workers are pretty good and helpful. Make sure you have great time management skills and are able to multitask.

Worst facility to work for . money hungry administration and flat out rude . no structure whatsoever. Nothing but drama .dirty ,never have linean ,over worker x2

Pros

Nice residents

under staffed facility

loved my job, loved working with my co-workers. facility is under staffed and staff is over worked. 3-4 Administrators in 2-3 yrs. Owner would not make necessary improvements or raise salaries for good CNA's, LPN'S and RNs to stay.

Pros

co-workers, orientation

Cons

money, understaffed, owner would not agree to make necessary changes to keep staff

good work environment

I liked working here, although there werent any raises. Some managers were great others not so much. But fair for the most part.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Piney Grove Nursing and Rehabilitation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits