Piney Ridge Center Employee Reviews

Needs a complete overhaul
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Waynesville, MOJune 23, 2018
Terrible pay
Terrible management
Very unprofessional and loosely run for such a critical job type
Incessantly under-staffed
Incompetent staff
Ineffectual meetings
Deficient communication system
Poor managment
Youth Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Waynesville, MO 65583June 11, 2018
Poor management ... that's all I have to say about piney. Salary needs to be better for the kind of stuff we have to deal with..........................
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short staffed
Heart Breaking
Director (Former Employee) –  WaynesvilleMay 18, 2018
A very unprofessional & hostile environment. The behavioral issues from the kids are expected, but the issues begin at the head with awful leadership
Pros
Rewarding if you see a child's behaviors improve
Cons
Hateful, degrading, inappropriate & unprofessional mgmt
Can be stressful at times
Behavioral Technician (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMarch 27, 2018
Management is not on same page with behavioral techs. Not very clean. Management does not listen to staff like need be, which can make the job even more stressful. The behavioral techs are the ones that work with the clients on a daily bases and their input should hold more weight. It was very rewarding to be able to provide help for the clients though.
Cons
2, 15 min breaks and you have to eat your lunch with the kids.
loved working with the kids and floor staff
Youth Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Waynesville, MOMarch 23, 2018
upper management is not nearly involved as they try to make it appear. Upper management is focused more on the money aspect as opposed to taking care of the kids
Stressful
LPN (Current Employee) –  Waynesville, MO 65583March 15, 2018
When you first start its a great place to work then the stress of watching your back sets in. Never know whats going to happen from one moment to the next
Good team work
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Waynesville, MOMarch 12, 2018
Excellent team work at this facility , is not an easy job , doctor in charge of the facility is excellent , DON is excellent to work with . Every day is different.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Risks
Fast paced job working with troubled teens.
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  waynesville, MOMarch 11, 2018
This was a loced down level four unit for troubled youths as well as physically and mentally abused children. This job was extremely difficult due to the ages of the patients and the offenses they had made.
money focused, lack of customer care
Clinical Director (Former Employee) –  Waynesville, MOJanuary 21, 2018
Company was for profit, and focused on profit. which led to lack of focus in areas of need and strength. develop of programming was decent but follow through, training and total qualify staff was lacking
Pros
worked with kids that need support
Cons
for profit was the focus.
Very Stressful
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, AROctober 21, 2017
This has become a very dangerous place to work due to the number of kids inpatient. Therapist were great to help out. I was in charge of all 90 inpatients alone.The hardest part of the job was trying to manage all 90 kids.
Pros
Co-workers, some patients who really tried to be helped
Cons
No support
good atmospher with a great concept
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Waynesville, MOOctober 5, 2017
I absolutely love the idea and concept behind Piney Ridge Center. The fact that there is a place such as Piney Ridge Center with a dedicated group of personnel that are so willing to give back to the youth some in which has already had a lot taken away from them in life. As well as the youth that just needs to be guided down the correct path and to be shown that there are people of there that cares about them and wants tot see them be successful.
Very different
YCW (Current Employee) –  Waynesville, MOSeptember 26, 2017
I have never worked at a place like Piney Ridge. They are making some good changes, but need to stay on that same path. I hear horror stories about the past, but seen nothing really that bad since I have been here. (6 months). There are difficult days and situations, but if you know how to treat the kids, what NOT to do, then you are fine.
Pros
Meals on site, ATT/Sprint % off bill, Overtime!!
Cons
Bad days
Making a difference with above average pay
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARAugust 20, 2017
While the residents can be difficult, I remember the type of situations the residents have had to experience and I do not take it personal. The management cares about the residents and staff, and have increased the pay substantially in the last year. If you are looking for experience in the human services area and would like to start obtaining expertise while working on a degree Piney Ridge Treatment Center is a great place to work in Fayetteville.
Pros
Coworkers and management
Good benefits, but combative work environment
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJuly 6, 2017
Typical day is very combative and not worth the pay. Seldom get a break. More like a juvenile jail than a treatment center. Management doesn't care if you stay or go...they have an attitude of you can be easily replaced.
Stressful but rewarding
LPN Medication Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saint Robert, MOJune 1, 2017
Loved working with the kids but there were days it was difficult but I could leave the stress there when I went home. Management was excellent. They worked with me on upcoming appointments and things that came up all of a sudden without any issues.
Stressful Environment
ycw (Current Employee) –  Waynesville, MOMay 30, 2017
I love my job here, however, they are constantly understaffed and require overtime when there aren't enough employees to cover the shift (this happens quite often). There are many trying circumstances of this job like being exposed to horrific conditions (bodily fluids like spit, urine and feces or worse), obscene language, and even physical altercations resulting in containments for safety. Once the children warm up to you, it's wonderful. You get to impact the lives of children/young adults who need love and support. Other than the occasional containment (maybe once a week or multiple a day it just depends), I enjoy my employment here. I will say this job isn't for everyone, and if you are easily intimidated or very sensitive this is definitely NOT the place for you.
Pros
free breakfast/lunch/dinner depending on the shift you work, lots of overtime
Cons
Too much overtime, being mandated, exposure to stressful situations, not enough pay
Not.the.safest place to work
Unappreciated Employee (Current Employee) –  Waynesville, MOMay 24, 2017
I've worked at this establishment, on two different occasions, and, nothing has changed. .Still, not correct staff/resident ratio, Great lack of communication, with supervisors, and some coworkers. .There are times, when there is a chaotic situation going on, and staff will just turn, and walk away, as if nothing is wrong. .Or, when you ask something of them, they act like you're not even there. .Yes, there's favorites being played, as far as some of the staff, (kids, to a degree), are concerned. .It's not right...Also, you can tell, whenever they have a JCAHO, inspection coming, because, all of the. Administration will be rushing about, making sure they have all their ducks in a row... (JCAHO, is how they have their licensing)...If they did their job properly, they wouldn't have to scurry...If they did right by the dedicates staff, that they do have, they wouldn't be losing so many of them..It's very unsafe working there, most of the time..
Pros
Pay is ok...But, should be alot more
Cons
Lack of support, and communication
Under new management (current employee)
Youth Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Waynesville, MOMay 16, 2017
As a current Employee I am glad to see we are under new management and that the work environment is changing for the better. Piney has had a negative reputation and some negative minded staff that has worked for them in the past. I know that with the right attitude and current management we will get the best staff available to help in keeping up with the Care and Concern for these challenged children that are in our care.

A typical day can be challenging which most jobs have those days as well; but I challenge anyone who loves working and mentoring children to become a positive role model in society to join our team. the pay isn't great but it is better than most businesses in the area and you earn every dollar when your in that Building. the worst part of the job is the short breaks which you get just not scheduled when you want, sometimes you have to wait awhile but they are given exactly when needed instead of desired. what I like about the job is the since of family and growth you get from the mature adult staff that work along side of you and you also learn a lot about yourself as you are challenged to create a peaceful mindset for each shift you work.
Pros
Overtime, Paid time off, emotionally rewarding
Cons
short breaks
Mental Healthy
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARDecember 25, 2016
It has its ups and downs but can be very rewarding. Still it can take a toll on your own health so not everyone is suited for this type of job.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Chaotic environment
Fun workplace
Youth Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waynesville, MOAugust 10, 2016
Staff input is not valued by management.
Staff is taken for granted.
Residents are not held accountable for actions.
Rules are not upheld.