Pink Shell Beach Resort

Pink Shell Beach Resort Employee Reviews

Growing pains and a lot of confusion
The department I was hired for was unfortunately already a mess before I got there. I was not set up to succeed in my position however, I feel like other departments may be more established and better organized. The culture around the company was pretty good ,however, on the sales side of things, it became a dog eat dog enviorment. Trying to promote a department with so much negativity surrounding it was complicated and other people were making the money that was promised to myself and others. Too much smoke and mirrors right from the start and a lot of pressure placed on new hires to make things turn around in an already messy environment.
Pros
Cheap employee lunch, nice coworkers, great view
Cons
Unclear hierarchy of command, unfair practices, too much miscommunication between departments, traffic often during season
May 14, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. All of our employees are encouraged to use our open door policy to voice any concerns they may have about their department. Every employees opinion is valued. We constantly strive to build our company culture throughout all of our departments and create a positive experience for all of our employees and guests alike.
Do Not Waste Your Time Working here
There are many people that have been here for a long time that do not do anything and they continually get away with it , its not worth your time to constantly get yelled at my managers who have ZERO respect . There are supervisors at the front desk that should have never been given a title like that , cause thay are clueless on how to treat guests and their own staff . The pay is not even worth the drama that this place will put you through, If you have an emergency at home , they do not care & expect you to just get through it . There is no way that this place is a 5 star resort . Even certain individuals in the upper management do not care at all , ONLY whenever they take your ideas to benefit themselves . just the other day , another employee that has been here for over 8 years , told me that he has never been given a raise or even a years review , that is just rediculous and does not in no way feel good about staying here at all . if I could put NO STARS , I would ......DISGUSTED HERE
September 3, 2019
We appreciate you sharing this feedback. All employees are encouraged to speak with their managers so we can address and correct any problems that may have happened. The Pink Shell Beach Resort continually strives to improve processes including the restructure of our performance review process. It is our mission to make Pink Shell Beach Resort a productive and enjoyable place to work for all employees.
Management is a joke
Be very prepared to pick up the slack for 5 or 10 other employees that do not do what they are supposed to do . You will come across a lit of individuals that do absolutely anything & automatically expect you to pick up the slack or do their job for them . 30 percent of your managers will yell at you like you are always wrong , they have no respect for their employees. AWEFUL ENVIRONMENT
August 28, 2019
We are sorry to hear of your experience and appreciate your feedback. We encourage you to speak with your management team so we have the opportunity to address accordingly and continue making Pink Shell an enjoyable place to work.
Besides the view, stay home
Ugh. Besides the view of the Gulf, its not worth it. There are some great people that work at the Shell, but they are so unappreciated and taken advantage of, it makes it hard to come to work. I love what I do, and I am extremely good at it, but with a manager that over reacts, undermines and doesn't support you in your daily routines it makes me question my decision to get up every day.
July 29, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. All of our employees are encouraged to speak with a member of the management team to voice concerns they may have about their department so that the opportunity is given for the matter to be addressed. The culture of our employees is important and we work daily to create a positive and fun environment enjoyable for all departments of the Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina.
Dont do it
I made life long friends working with the pink shell....but that's mainly because our hatred for the company thrived together as co workers. Drama. Gossip. You'll get thrown under the bus so someone else can further their career. They pay you for one job but expect 7 other jobs out of you. I could go on and on just dont do it.
July 12, 2019
We are sorry to hear of your experience and appreciate for your feedback. All employees are encouraged to speak with management about anything in the work place so matters can be addressed. We work diligently to establish a work environment and culture that is enjoyable for all of our employees.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Love/ hate job
Absolutely loved the people I worked with for the most part, was there going on 3 years behind the bar as lead bartender. Issues with lazy co workers behind the bar drove me away once management never did a thing about it. The hourly pay is horrible, their 401k match is a joke, traffic is awful during season, owners are so so rude, lots of micro management and most the f&b management are still wet behind the ears. You solely rely on toys from customers... company does not take care of you at all....
July 12, 2019
We are happy to hear you enjoyed the relationships with your co-workers. We take pride in the company culture that has been created as well as maintained by our employees. Employees are always encouraged to use the open-door policy. Our employees create a wonderful environment for our guests and we want to make sure all employees voice any concerns so that we can create a positive environment for employees as well. Although traffic can be cumbersome during busy season, we truly appreciate the patronage from all visitors and tourists in our area.
ok place
The kitchen life was ok at the pink shell. Lots of employees from around the world. The chef Craig was a nice guy and he was fair. Busy during the season. The thing that sucked was the traffic getting onto Fort Myers beach. It would take up to 1 hour of stop and go traffic to get to the resort.
Cons
traffic for 1 hour or more some times.
Poor Management
You can bring good suggestion to Management and they do not listen to you if you are not in their group of favorite employees. they do not value employees effort. no room for advance.
Pros
they hired you without any hospitality experience
Cons
underpaid
Comment – January 7, 2019
We appreciate your review and insight into your experience at the Pink Shell. We take pride in our efforts to hire from within and treat all employees equally. Opportunities for advancement are first posted internally before being posted online to the general public to facilitate our goals. Our management team allows an open door policy for suggestions and will provide feedback upon request. We encourage you to request any feedback that has not been provided on your suggestions. Please partner with us to continue communication and enhance your employment experience!
Constantly changing, striving for perfection
Overall I enjoyed my experience at the Pink Shell. I think that with some minor adjustments to its training, communication and benefits, the Pink Shell could become the most desirable work place in fort Myers beach.
Pros
Dynamic workplace
Cons
Lack of structure
Cheap and disrespectful
The owners are always trying to find ways to cut cost so that they can give less to their employee and put more in their own costs. They have a list of rules but only enforce the ones that they feel like. One person can do one thing while another can not. They show very little to no respect for their employees. The only reason I've stuck around for as long as I have is because of the decent pay. I'm actually truly shocked they pay as much as they do considering how they are towards costs. They also need to pay more attention in the cleanliness of the hotel.
Comment – January 7, 2019
Thank you for your feedback and longevity working in our food and beverage department. Our management staff is thoroughly trained on company goals and policies. We strive for fairness across all departments and policies are reviewed in the handbook during orientation. Our competitive wages are set to attract top talent and we are glad to see that you enjoy our efforts. We value our employees and strive for an open door policy. We encourage staff members to communicate any concerns with either management or internal HR. Let’s work together to make this long lasting career for you!
The management is amazing great insensitively and an amazing view. The safe are friendly and always great you with a smile. The front office smells tropical it’s the best! It’s an over all great place to work. Wish I didn’t so far I’d go back in a heartbeat
Great Hotel!!
Great company to work for with an amazing view. It provides a relaxing work environment. I enjoyed my time there and work experience gained during the time I provided services.
great job
was a great place to work for from the do workers all he way to the management all was fair and considerate and a joy to work with. id recommend this place to any one and every one as a customer or employee
not to bad, far from good
Most of the staff are great. Only a few PIA's. The management changes way to often. there's no consistence in direction or plan.in only 5 years 6 directors of my department, I can't even keep track of the managers that came and went from the general manager on down. the only good thing is if you don't like your boss wait he will be gone before you know it.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
New Management every time you turn around
Team Arbeit
Die Arbeit war interessant und hat Spaß gemacht.
Ich habe die Arbeit von unterschiedlichen Seiten erlebt-Concierge,Front Desk, Zimmer Inspection, Beschwerdemanagment.

Die Kollegen waren freundlich und hilfsbereit.

Managment war sehr gut.

Man hat sich einfach wie zu Hause gefühlt.
Over all Pink Shell Resort is a very good experience
Typical day at work during slow season at the least is covering 500 heads covers a day and in busy months, we cover up to 3000 heads a day including the buffet and the catering in the morning

The management is fine but not too strict. My co-workers at my department are very competent but sometimes doesn't perform well under pressure.

The hardest part of my job is working without no prep and working alone in one station specially in the hot kitchen.

everyday is enjoyable after completing and feeding our guests and leaving them with unforgettable dining experience.

I have learned to be very patient and communicate with no sense bias.
Productive yet fun family like work place.
Fun work place where everyone treats you like family. Management takes a personal approach to each employee and takes the time to train and assist in anyway possible. Coworkers go above and beyond to help out fellow coworkers and make it as enjoyable as possible while still be effective.
Pros
Free lunch for kitchen employees
Cons
Commute back and forth
Hard work, but great pay.
It was very hard work, but the tips paid off in the end. Management wasn't always on top of things because everything would be to busy.
Pros
Good, Quick, Money.
Cons
Not many employees were "team" members
Diverse workforce
Most of the staff are from different countries which makes work more exciting. Everyday is a learning opportunity not only for my line of job but to learn about different cultures as well.
Pros
Free employee meal per day
Cons
short lunch break
A typical day at work is massaging a lot of people during one day. The coworkers were nice.
Busy
Overviewing maintenance on 6 buildings. Learned to deal with opinions and suggestions properly. Co workers were great older crowd very knowledgeable and most enjoyable being my own boss...
Pros
best lunch
Cons
hurricane central