Pinkerton Employee Reviews

Good pay
Lead Officer (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 6, 2019
The pay was good, but the supervisor was horrible. She was a dictator and micro-manager. She would over-work you and not listen to any ideas anyone else had.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No breaks, overworked, bad management.
it was a relaxed place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 2, 2019
it was a relaxed environment to work in. this was pre 9-11 so no security license was need. for time time the pay was decent and pay raises was fair. but could have been beter
Pros
decent hours
Cons
no facial hair
Great Company to Work For
Fire Brigade Security Training Officer(Lieutenant) (Former Employee) –  Encino, CADecember 26, 2018
I enjoyed every minute of working here. The best security company I ever work for. New management may have changed things since I worked for them. I advanced in the company from officer to Lieutenant. I was making wages that I could live with and support a family.
Pros
stressful but relaxing
Cons
Good people to work with but work is slow now.
Overseas Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VADecember 20, 2018
We worked 6 day 12 hour shifts to provide 24 hour security and rotated posts every two hours.

I learned how to secure premises, escort, control access and emergency procedures.

The hardest part was being away from family for extended periods and sometimes an employee would get on your nerves after a few months. Our campaigns were 4 weeks up to 13 months at the longest.
great company to work for
Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lockport, NYDecember 16, 2018
Good management leadership. Treated all employees fairly and continually stayed in contact with there supervisory staff. Good training classes for all levels of officers.
No longer in business
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 14, 2018
No longer in business. Pinkerton was resolved by their parent company. Securitas is the parent company that is still in business. I have never worked for them so I can't vouch for their culture.
Not bad if you need supplemental income
Agent / Special Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDNovember 30, 2018
Good place to work for supplemental income and if you like a variety in job locations. Management is reasonable. Con is: not a good position if you are seeking full time employment. Jobs may be sperratic.
Great Opportunity in los angeles
security guard (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 28, 2018
Pinkerton hires employees and places them at a job location. Because of that a lot of what the employee experiences is based upon the company where you are placed. However, after working a lot of contract positions, I found being an employee at Pinkerton very refreshing! I was checked in on regularly, just to see how things were going and if I had any questions, there benefits were very good, and it was nice to finally have vacation and sick time, not to mention a matching 401(k). I thoroughly enjoy working for Pinkerton and would highly recommend it to anyone!
Pros
Job earned me a lot of respect Co
Cons
No Comment
patrol officer to seargent
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLNovember 11, 2018
also a fun job . it is what you make of it. patrol DoD areas ensure all propiety materials secure. go on rounds to various buildings. and check all grounds .
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 3, 2018
Company is awesome , great company to work for , would recommend the to anyone who is looking for a very professional place to work and everyone is very nice
Overall time which I was with the company very poor
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSOctober 23, 2018
I've never seen a worse run post than the one which I was assigned.
The Supervisor was a poor example of a person who I tried to have very little to do with because of his personal bias toward persons of color.

The reporting system was broken for the reason of how many time it took me reporting a case of discrimination and how long it took to get a resolution to the situation.
Pros
Uniforms provided/Low stress
Cons
Low pay/poorly managed strong ethnic bias / poorly supervised and more.
Relaxing
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 22, 2018
A Typical work day was checking in and out drivers. There was nothing hard about the job. On the you had time read and do homework if in school. The workers were nice and easy to get along with.
Pros
No pros
Cons
No cons
World fair event
Office Manager/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 10, 2018
This company was more like patrol (private) service which won the bid/ contract for this event. There was nothing basically for the contract people. No benefits ,balance in job/life, no overtime.
Pros
Provided uniforms
Cons
Overall not good as employers
Working at Pinkerton
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CASeptember 21, 2018
Pros
onsite at Facebook I get free food and can utilize most services.
Cons
A few more holidays would be great but I was happy to get any!
Was a good place to start a security career
Security Officer/Guard (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 27, 2018
This place at the time was a great place to work if you wanted to start a career in Security. I learned a lot of security procedures for when I got into a career of Corrections. Great place to work without stressing too much.
Pros
Great staff and great place to start in the security field
Cons
A little slow at times
Just a stepping stone
Investigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILAugust 17, 2018
In every area of employment we should take the good and bad. Learn from companies and look for better. Unfortunately, this company was not a good fit for me because I always want to be promoted. It was just not there.
Ok
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 16, 2018
They lost a ton of contracts the supervisors are ok the work and life balance is not good this job was ok they provided secret clearances if you worked on a site that required it
Productive and great co workers and experience
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 9, 2018
I really loved working for this company they have taught me alot 0f security guard duties for0 personal safety to clients and buildings alot of stress but worth it I would recommend working for them to new applicants
Pros
Great customer service
Cons
Hardly any breaks no benefits
Great Job
Head Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FLAugust 8, 2018
Had Some great years put into this company. I have met many great people I will never forget about. Would recommend anyone looking for longevity to this company.
Interesting Analytical Work.
STRATEGIC INTELLIGENCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 30, 2018
If you like investigative analysis on various topics in various industries, Pinkerton is a good choice. Support to corporate clients and Executive protection Teams can be varied and fast paced, especially during fast moving global security events.
Pros
Interesting subject matter with a mission focus
Cons
Can be long hours during global security events and Life Balance suffers