Pinnacle Entertainment Employee Reviews

PENN...ACLE.......Used to be Pinnacle now Penn
Brand Marketing Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 18, 2018
Great company to work for. The Leaders are easy to talk to and aren't about their "Titles". They are very flexible with you as far as having a work life balance. As long as you are getting your work done Management will work with you if you need to leave early or take time off. Pinnacle recently got bought out by Penn Gaming. Not sure what their culture is like but Pinnacle is a fantastic company to work for.
Generally a good place to work
Computer consultant and developer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 5, 2018
I was not a full time employee of Pinnacle, but they treated me well and were very gracious. It is a very modern office and all their computers were updated and maintained.
Pros
Free coffee, company events and many efforts to make it a comfortable environment
Cons
This is a Casino company and may not be for everybody
The Best Entertainment Casino in Louisiana
Casino Operations (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJune 20, 2018
I love working at LDL-LC. There are only a couple of changes I would make (separating Casino Ops and remodeling/upgradeing property). Otherwise the money and benefits are nice. Upper Management is always on the floor to discuss any concerns. The promotions could be a little better being as though they are competing with GNLC right next door. The property has everything they need to be a casino/resort. Its organized and I would call it the Best Casino in Lake Charles!
Pros
Great Money, Awesome Atmosphere, Lots of Employee Appreciation Drawings/Events, Benefits, Pto
Cons
Combined Casino Operations, A little Outdated (Remodeling Needed)
This place is a joke, do not waste your time.
Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJune 18, 2018
This place is a horrible place. They act like they care about you but they don't. You can't be sick or they will fire you. You have to work till 5 in the morning. 10 hour nights. You have five different managers that tell you all different things. It took 5 weeks to get hired. What a waist of time.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Everything, Managetment, dishonest
Do not do it
Table Games Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJune 14, 2018
I have been in the business for awhile. I have never had such uncaring manages before. Brook Campbell is the worst there with Austin a close second. Never was anything the same for everyone. It was all about their version of teamwork. If you couldn’t do what they wanted to you was out the door. You have to work 8.5 hours but was only paid for 8.
Pros
The front line people
Cons
You work hard and usually enjoy the rewards
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Chicago, INJune 12, 2018
Good place to work and the fellow employees are lots of fun to work with. The hours can be demanding, but there is advanced notice most of the time. Overall- very rewarding.
Pros
fun and enjoyable atmosphere, people
Cons
can be stressful at times
Fun Place to work
Host/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 17, 2018
I am a Host/Cashier. My typical day involves running the register and seating guests. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people. The management team is very easy to work for.
Pros
The atmosphere, the great people you meet.
The Best Place to Work
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 9, 2018
By far, this is the best work experience of my career. It is very sad that Pinnacle is merging with Penn National Gaming; however, I am hopeful that Penn has the same corporate culture as Pinnacle.
Great Culture & Leadership
Director, HR Systems & Operation (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 25, 2018
PNK is a great company to work for. Great culture, great leaders & they live their core values at the Service Center and at properties. I am proud to be PNK!
Do Not work here!!!!!
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 10, 2018
This place is a cult and they put you through the ringer working like mules to accomplish the impossible with no resources. While the management sits up high in there conference room debating on how to squeeze another penny out of the payroll. It was the most vile and deceptive bunch of people I have ever met. None of the leaders have any values. The workers themselves are fed scraps and are being used to enrich only a few people. If you want long hours back breaking work, virtually no advancement, and zero chance at a living wage while sacrificing your body and well being this place is for you. Extra warning I was told by long term employees that this property itself is built on formerly contaminated land and working there your probably more likely to develop cancer or some form of terminal illness. Is a 12 buck an hour job worth your health. They apparently had to remove many feet of contaminated soil before they could even start building. They have pictures up with all the people who have passed away in the past few years since they have been open and its unreal how many have died. They are a greedy business as the casino business itself is a giant scam on the community. Enter at your own risk.
Pros
Cons
Terrible pay, you will be used to enrich the few at the expense of your health, You are paid a starvation wage so the very few executives can get their bonus, Its the most vile back stabbing bunch of managers I have ever worked for, The only thing they care about is profit, it dominates over human health or dignity, This is preditory capitalism at its absolute worst, Do not work here
Vehement Discrimination
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 10, 2018
This company vehemently discriminates against people based on physical appearances. The chauvinistic males that run this company are vile misogynist.
Pros
If you're a shaply young girl, you'll have a future
Cons
This company weighs it's employees. You don't get certain jobs if you're overweight.
I learned a lot
Lead Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 5, 2018
I've been in many different security fields over the prior 20 years but I didn't have any casino experience so I decided to give it a try. I did learn a lot, some good and some bad. My "DIRECT" supervisors and managers were awesome and as for the rest I was taught if you do have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Just as an end note, I used to love going to casinos but now that I know how they are run and what they really think of the people, I have not been back to one since leaving and will NEVER go to another one ever again!
Pros
Too few
Cons
Way too many
it was fine
Dual Lead Casino Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOMarch 20, 2018
Working for pinnacle was fine. I worked nights and weekend and holidays so it was tough to see my family or have a social life but other than that i enjoyed the people and did not mind the job.
dont work here
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAMarch 19, 2018
If you like to be over worked and under paid then this job is for you. They say they are all about employees but listen to that . We went from getting Christmas bonuses the last 7 years to nothing from this company not even a Christmas party to thank us for making the casino what it is today. Their policies are terrible Its like you work in a jail. They cannot even provide a parking area that is suitable for employees. If you wanna work 8hrs on your feet then walk up a hill and 4 flights of steps then this job is for you. Free lunch provided but only because of union contract else you would be paying for you lunches that were always free with other company. Please take my word and look else where. They will tell you what you want to hear to get you hired on then you will be sorry you work here.
Pros
free lunch ..health care (thanks to union)
Cons
horrible management. no overtime. under pay
Terrible management
Sales (Former Employee) –  East ChicagoMarch 18, 2018
Supervisors and managers do not care much about workers, favoritism is a huge problem. Scheduling is just as bad. Would not recommend working here to anyone unless you have no other option.
Pros
Free meals but quality of the food is bad
Cons
Horrible management
Very bad place to work.....
Dealer (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSJanuary 26, 2018
They need to clean house all the way up from casino to Human Resource.Can’t keep good people but love the bad ones working there. Like family members.
Cons
Poor HR, and managers... Dealers have bad attitudes.
Wouldn’t recommend
Valet Parking Attendant (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJanuary 23, 2018
Valet Management is poor and lazy. All requests for new equipment or things never get approved. Under paid for having to do more than job details. No PTO etc
Pros
Cons
Management is lazy and only cares about themselves rather than maintaining good employees.
great people
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Black Hawk, COJanuary 14, 2018
I have worked at many places...small regional private to huge international public organizations and Pinnacle truly walks the walk when it comes to how they say they want the Team Members to be treated etc.... so much so that it took me a while to believe it was legitimate and not just the same ol same ol lip service I've dealt with in my past.
Pros
great culture
Cons
pay could be better
Awesome experience
Brand Marketing Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 12, 2018
This is a great place to work. I felt very supported and enjoyed the work as well as my teammates! I highly recommend this company for anyone looking for a good place to plug in to.
Great Culture
Brand Marketing (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 31, 2017
It's a great place to work. People are friendly and easy to work with.
The upper management works hard at making us feel appreciated and doing special things for the employees.
Pros
You feel appreciated
Cons
Sometimes it's too laid back