Pinnacle Foods Employee Reviews

Change Zone
High Performance Work Teams, Team Leader/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNMay 23, 2018
It was very invigorating to be part of the change in environment at this organization. Focus was not put on the associate value as it should have been. Plant Managers changed for the worse....
Bad supervisors
production specialist (Current Employee) –  Darien, WIMay 5, 2018
The supervisors and their assistants suck. If you're not one of their 'pets' you get treated like garbage, but at least you have a union to stand up for you. Still at that rate you shouldn't have to fight for fairness. If you make a mistake and they don't like you you'll forever walk with a target on your back, but when one of their 'pets' turns around and does the same thing no one notices it happened. Other then that the job is great.
Fast paced
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Darien, WIMay 1, 2018
Management micro managed you constantly, keeping track of your scans as a forklift driver. Management constantly harrassing employees over little things which came off as hostile toward union employees.

Not the best place or culture.
Pros
Good pay, good equipment
Cons
Management, work environment and culture
Pinnacle foods was my dream job
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Centralia, ILApril 26, 2018
If it wasn't for a messy divorce I would still be working there. Pinnacle is by far the best place I have ever worked. If they would re-hire me I would go back to work with them.
Pros
benefits, pay, work life
badly managed
Inventory control clerk (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 19, 2018
When i first started there it was a decent place but over the years it became badly managed and was sold several times.. moral was bad too very stressful
Pros
work relationships
Cons
bad managment
Productive, motivating
Demand Planning Co-op (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJApril 9, 2018
As a co-op, I have been given responsibility that has taught me the actual responsibilities of a planner within my team. Management is invested in their teams.
Love it
Picker (Current Employee) –  Effingham, ILApril 6, 2018
I love my job i work in Effingham illinois but they are relocating sometime this year or next yr so im trying to find a place that is closer to home. But its a good place to work. Everyone is nice and friendly and they always help u if u need help. I would definitely recommend this to anyone and everyone.
Pros
Good pay. Easy place to work at
Cons
Only one break is lunch for 30 mins. Unless u work 10 hours its 30 min lunch and a 15 min break.
Very Difficult Place to Work
Sr. Director Commercialization/PMO Leader (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJApril 5, 2018
High stress with constant search for the guilty. Very poor management that ignores realistic opportunities to improve. Very high turnover of great people.
It was alright
Packer (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 3, 2018
I wouldn't recommend If you can't lift over 50 pounds. Also if your not good at standing for long periods of time. If you can't do any I suggest you look for another job.
Pros
3 breaks
Quick-paced, collaborative, fun enviroment
INVENTORY CONTROL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 2, 2018
A typical work day consisted of the same work but there would be different issues that would arise. I learned how to use a new computer system and got better at solving problems. The management was fantastic. She was available if we had questions and worked very hard which made everyone else want to work hard as well. The hardest part of the job would have been the CHEP reconciliations which were completed once a year. The most enjoyable part was knowing about how your day would go, what was expected of you and the people that I worked with.
Pros
Benefits, vacation, flexible hours
Cons
working on Saturday
Great team work at Pinnacle Foods.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sealy, TXApril 2, 2018
The work was agriculture related and was extremely fast paced. We worked a lot of overtime but the team of coworkers made the long hours very enjoyable.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Extremely long hours during the summer months.
long, slow shifts
Labeler (Former Employee) –  Saint Elmo, ILMarch 27, 2018
slow paced, peeling labels, cleaning bottles, boring. Poor manager/employee communications, poor management/agent communications. long hours. over nights.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
hours
Great company to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMarch 19, 2018
Working at Pinnacle was a great experience! The fast pace of the company keeps you on your toes and you never have to worry about falling into a mundane routine.
Pros
Pay
Cons
A great, supportive, stressless place to work.
Assistant Supervisor/Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Millsboro, DEMarch 19, 2018
I retired from this company in 2012, thats when it closed and my world severely changed. I worked for this company when I was 16 yrs of age. Quit and went back afte other ventures didn't work out, and they took me back every time. That told me I was a good productive employee. I stayed the last ten years until there was no more time click to hit.
I love the job.
Asembly line (Current Employee) –  Effingham, ILMarch 16, 2018
I love my job. I enjoy being around my co workers. The down side is you work thare through a temp service. There is no chance of full time or advancements.
Pros
15 minute brakes
Cons
no full time
Great company,Union ran plant.
Powerhose Nh3 refrigeration/ boiler operator 3A (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMarch 9, 2018
Pinnacle is a good place of employment, Union ran plant ,good PSM / Safety department. The coworkers will work with you and actually help train you.Great team in my opinoin,but as i always say there is always room for improvement.
Pros
Union plant, good wages
Cons
Long hours, when overtime is needed.
Productive and fast paced office
LOGISTICS COORDINATOR/EXPEDITOR (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJFebruary 19, 2018
Every day was different w its own challenges which made for a varied and eventful job. interacted w other departments on a daily basis which led to learning experiences.
Pros
fast growing company, good pay, good benefits
Cons
inconsistent work hours
Nice place to work but only for a short time
Commercialization Manager (consultant) (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJFebruary 13, 2018
They work with very slim head count. People work long hours.
Not a good workplace for me to stay with.

They need to hire better managers who understand the processes end to end so they do make better decisions.
Stressful and unfair workplace
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Ft. Madison, IAFebruary 7, 2018
This is a very stressful and unfair place to work. The sanitation jobs on 3rd is the hardest job in the plant and is the most stressful. The management is very unfair to some employees.
Pros
healthcare
It was a good experience
Product Packer (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILFebruary 6, 2018
The job I had was ok at the time; definitely something I wouldn't stay for if I had a better offer. Management there was great for a fast pace work environment. The hardest part of the job was being one of the few who actually kept up; other than that I enjoyed most the people I worked with and it taught me how to be a fast worker.
Pros
The factory had AC
Cons
I always came home smelling like an onion bagel