Pinnacle Foods Employee Reviews

Proactive and fun place to work
Manager Operations; External Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJuly 16, 2018
Leadership somewhat disconnected to day to day functions, but overall good experience. Positive feedback and support from cross functional peers. Upbeat atmosphere.
review
Systems and Backup Administrator (Current Employee) –  woodcrest, njJuly 10, 2018
recently have been bought by larger company, that threat was every year I have been here every spring it seems. I have made it my own effort to have a life balance while working here.. other people may differ. I was pigeon holed in my current job, and it was frustrating.
Pros
local
Cons
involvement
Productive and learn alot
Control room operator (Current Employee) –  Centralia, ILJuly 9, 2018
Fast paced job days go by fast people are nice that I work with I have learned alot while working here I think I can take this experience and go a long way in life and improve myself better
ineteresting
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Imlay City, MIJuly 9, 2018
great starting job for people who have never worked before. can be fun when working with the right team. training is always being offered for different positons
need better pay
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Imlay City, MIJune 25, 2018
you have to come back year after year, in order to be full-time at this particular job. because its only seasonal. you have to call in the day before to see if you are working the next day or not.
Pros
bring your own food
Cons
send you home if you are not on the schedule
Very lean, be prepared to do a lot with a little
Director of Procurement (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJune 4, 2018
Very limited budget for training/travel.
Horrible family policies and rigid, old-fashioned culture
Lack of investment into employees

Plentiful opportunities to be promoted internally or move around in roles. Lots of responsibility given.
Pinnacle
Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJune 4, 2018
It’s an hard job and if your not up for it it’s not the job for you. There’s a lot put into making a bagel and most don’t realize it but it’s hard work and dedication.
Stressful and no leadership
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Effingham, ILMay 31, 2018
There was no training for what the HR supervisor wanted. No legable training manual to following. Employees were all temps and office staff treated everyone badly.
Pros
hard work; fast days
Cons
bad working atmosphere
My Worst company ever
Director (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 29, 2018
Pinnacle has made some good innovations in the last few years, copying and improving from competitors. The company prides itself to have extremely lean structures which accelerate the decision making process and also put a huge burden on those who deliver. There are no to little process and management has absolutely no care for people. Certainly not a place to work. As a results the turn over is incredible.
Pros
good compensation and benefits, collaborative work.
Cons
uninspiring leadership, no respect for people
A very corporate minded company
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNMay 28, 2018
A very metric minded company that helps you understand what is needed or what is behind what is driving the inability to meet goals. Hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the metrics you are responsible for
Change Zone
High Performance Work Teams, Team Leader/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNMay 23, 2018
It was very invigorating to be part of the change in environment at this organization. Focus was not put on the associate value as it should have been. Plant Managers changed for the worse....
I liked working at pinnacle foods its a very good company to work for
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNMay 7, 2018
Over all working at pinnacle was a good working environment I loved the benefits they offered they had good vaction and sick day offers more than the average its a place where you have the ability to advance to different departments in the buliding working with good people was also a plus to working here
Pros
Getting paid weekly
Cons
Working in the frozen section
Bad supervisors
production specialist (Current Employee) –  Darien, WIMay 5, 2018
The supervisors and their assistants suck. If you're not one of their 'pets' you get treated like garbage, but at least you have a union to stand up for you. Still at that rate you shouldn't have to fight for fairness. If you make a mistake and they don't like you you'll forever walk with a target on your back, but when one of their 'pets' turns around and does the same thing no one notices it happened. Other then that the job is great.
Fast paced
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Darien, WIMay 1, 2018
Management micro managed you constantly, keeping track of your scans as a forklift driver. Management constantly harrassing employees over little things which came off as hostile toward union employees.

Not the best place or culture.
Pros
Good pay, good equipment
Cons
Management, work environment and culture
okay
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Centralia, ILApril 28, 2018
I loved factory work. But this company laid me off after two months of working here. I worked hard and put in over time. Loved the work itself, hated the people.
Pinnacle foods was my dream job
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Centralia, ILApril 26, 2018
If it wasn't for a messy divorce I would still be working there. Pinnacle is by far the best place I have ever worked. If they would re-hire me I would go back to work with them.
Pros
benefits, pay, work life
badly managed
Inventory control clerk (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 19, 2018
When i first started there it was a decent place but over the years it became badly managed and was sold several times.. moral was bad too very stressful
Pros
work relationships
Cons
bad managment
Productive, motivating
Demand Planning Co-op (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJApril 9, 2018
As a co-op, I have been given responsibility that has taught me the actual responsibilities of a planner within my team. Management is invested in their teams.
Love it
Picker (Current Employee) –  Effingham, ILApril 6, 2018
I love my job i work in Effingham illinois but they are relocating sometime this year or next yr so im trying to find a place that is closer to home. But its a good place to work. Everyone is nice and friendly and they always help u if u need help. I would definitely recommend this to anyone and everyone.
Pros
Good pay. Easy place to work at
Cons
Only one break is lunch for 30 mins. Unless u work 10 hours its 30 min lunch and a 15 min break.
Very Difficult Place to Work
Sr. Director Commercialization/PMO Leader (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJApril 5, 2018
High stress with constant search for the guilty. Very poor management that ignores realistic opportunities to improve. Very high turnover of great people.