Pinnacle Health Employee Reviews

Excellent company
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAFebruary 12, 2018
This is a very great excellent great very great company to work for. All the staff are very great and very nice... The management is very helpful in getting you what you wanted.
Pros
Very nice place to work for.
Cons
None.
Worst Place to work EVER
CT Scan Technologist (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAFebruary 10, 2018
They expect you to be on call. Which is not call, but to fill open shifts. HR, management does not care about employees at all. If you bring up issues done by certain people you will be written up or threaten to be fired. Management and HR in imaging needs to be revamped. If you do get a job here be ready to work all sorts of overtime with people that don't work. Or they show up whenever and leave when it is busy. Don't expect much out of management.
Pros
You will have a job
Cons
Run and Run fast
Pinnacle Healthcare
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hollister, CAJanuary 8, 2018
Staff is great! great place to work. You will learn a lot as a new medical assistant and you will end up utilizing your skills every chance you get. Great environment to work in.
typical day
Part-Time Telcomunication Operator (Former Employee) –  Wormleysburg, PAJanuary 3, 2018
I enjoyed talking to patients and directing them to the proper department. That patients also need our patients management was excellent. work place was small but comfortable. the hard part was trying not to miss calls from patience's.

benefits
Cons
when phone lines went down
In the begining
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PADecember 15, 2017
Was there when the hospital opened its doors. Plenty of kinks that needed worked out as the staff and patients began to familiarize themselves with the new facility.
Pros
Encouraged advancing education
Underpaid for what was required of you
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PADecember 11, 2017
Way too many extras added on to our job description without further compensation. Refused to hire more technicians when the need was clearly there, would rather buy more hospitals.
had fun working there .had fun taking care of the patients, enjoyed meeting new patients
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middletown, PA 17057November 27, 2017
i worked for 13 years for this company just so they can leave me go for being off on fmla and got terminated it was a fun place to work. i enjoyed it i had enjoyed the people i met there, im still friends with some patients I checked patient in for labs and radiology, answered phones and scheduled appointments
Pros
loved the patients had fun talking to them got hugs from some that i met and had a connections with
Cons
short breaks
Good experience overall
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PANovember 21, 2017
Overall, it was a good work experience. I spent quite a few years there doing my job. The work was fast paced but interesting. Most of my coworkers were friendly and fun to be around.
worst job i ever had
Housekeeper I (Former Employee) –  Crown Point, INNovember 12, 2017
where do I start I wasted 5 years in this h whole management was terrible the CEO was even worst. That place have the biggest turn over rate. Just throw the whole place away.
Pros
u can eat free if u work inthe kitchen
Cons
they will fire you at the end of your shift
Fast pace and stressful
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAOctober 16, 2017
Expect to be on your feet majority of the shift you work. Expect to be stressed with the load work, especially if given and bad report and assignment.
Very Fast Paced
Patient Outreach Rep/ Risk Adj, Qlty Improvement (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CASeptember 29, 2017
Very fast paced company and work environment. Management is friendly, along with the staff. Time off is easy to obtain as long as the hours requested are within reason.
Stable and safe work atmosphere
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 24, 2017
Steady work hours and stable benefits were provided. Competitive but fair work atmosphere. Opportunities to post out into new jobs or other departments within the system.
It was pressure
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 21, 2017
It was ok, very stressful. If the work ethics were better it would be a great place to work and retire at. I don't have much more to say. It could stand for some changes
Cons
Short interrupted lunch
Good
Quality Management Coordinator, 2017 (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 20, 2017
Lots of training opportunities, such as in Six Sigma methodology. Good organization for initial work experience and entry level positions. Pay is not that great.
Production and fast paced
File/Pull Files for Technologist (Current Employee) –  Newvile, PASeptember 18, 2017
I kept myself as busy as possible. I came in had to pull reports from the file room. went to the mail room to get my paperwork that was picked up the day before. Each day i had to pull schedules for 2 facilities for 2 different modalities. Make sure each patient on the schedule had enough studies to compare to. If they didn't have enough studies i would have to call other facilities to get prior studies. I would gets calls from other facilities to make disc with imaging and pull reports to send or for patients to pick up.
Benefits
Cons
I really don't like to have to travel
Demanding job with poor working schedule
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 24, 2017
Large patient load, with huge amount of paper work required to complete. Fast paced day with little time to spend with each patient. Computer driven workday, with little cooperation from the other clinicians.
benefits
Cons
workload
Just a temp job
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waite Park, MNAugust 17, 2017
Long hours with fairly low pay. I was only there for a short time because I needed a job fast. The owner was great, however, the manager was not very nice.
Awesome place to learn
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 7, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with. Everyone is extremely helpful. I have learned an abundance of information in my time at Pinnacle Health and there is always room to grow.
Pros
Friendly staff, helpful managers
Cons
Short staffed
rewarding helping patients, not so rewarding career though
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 7, 2017
I worked at the Harrisburg Campus, Emergency Room.

The clinical managers lacked maturity. Because of this, they often did not see the big picture and lived in their own little world. They lacked the ability to communicate well with employees. Nor did they see the efforts of many employees- especially those night shift employees.

They also showed favoritism to those employees who picked up shifts. But in reality, those who picked up shifts had poor work performance because they were already tired from coming off of 12 to 16 hour shifts.

Pay could be better !
Pros
Benefits, vacation time accrued excellent but it is very hard to time off.
Cons
Be prepared to work a lot, weekends, all holidays and ask 6 months in advance for vacation time in order to get off.
Productive work enviornment
PATIENT CARE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAJuly 26, 2017
There are many tasks that every department/position has on a daily basis and it makes the day go by really quick. You learn different concepts and take matter into your hands at times when coming up with possible solutions and finding out information.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pinnacle Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight