Pinnacle Pointe Hospital Employee Reviews

Violent unsafe place to work.
MHT (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 28, 2018
I think management has no idea how to keep the kids safe. Often staff are extremly out of ratio with patients. How is a staff supposed to keep 18 kids safe by their selfs? There was a lot of riots and gang fights while i was there. The staff were rude to kids but the end goal was to keep the unit safe. When i was too nice the kids would riot on my unit.
There was just so much chaos. Acute floors are much worse than longterm. I am really not sure how the kids are getting any benifit. Not a place i would ever want to work again.
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
Violence, low pay, bad mangement.
UTILIZATION REVIEW COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 13, 2018
This company has poor management. The culture is some what behind the times. I would not recommend working for this company in the future. This was not a good experience.
Unprofessional and unorganized
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 16, 2018
The pharmacy can only have 1 full time tech. Part time techs are allowed to work a certain number of hours so that the company does not have to give them any benefits. You get PTO but are often forced to use it if the number of patients go down. On top of that, you have to use PTO for sick days and vacations. If you don't have PTO you just don't get paid for any days you might miss if you are sick or take a vacation. Other hospital staff are judgmental and unprofessional. It's a rotating door of employees.
very busy daily
Worked as the House Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 10, 2018
I had a great experience at Pinnacle Pointe. My passion was taking care of the pts and making sure the pts and staff was always safe. Everyday I worked with admission department with managing the pts beds and making sure admission ran smoothly. I had to participate in discharge planning daily and making sure pts had proper and safe environments to return to. The hardest part about my job was not being able to make everyone happy. The most enjoyable part about my job was working with the pts and my hard working employees. I learned that I always have to report everything even if I feel it does not need to be reported just to make sure I comply with company policies. Pinnacle Pointe gave me an opportunity to learn and grow and I was appreciative of that.
Pros
allowed you to work all the time
Cons
no incentives for helping out
Stressful
Mental Health Technician I (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72211August 1, 2018
The job requires too much. Children basically do what they want and the supervisors barely want the children to be disciplined. Unorganized, fast pace
Pros
Flexible hour
Cons
Barely get breaks, children can barely be disciplined
Would NEVER recommend this job to anyone with a family. Management in Outpatient -School Base is awful.
PRN Therapist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 26, 2018
School-base very stressful, No paid holidays at all, very hard to accumulate vacation. After 90 probationary period you are hounded to bill. There is absolutely no paid days off. Billing is mandatory even during times schools are closed. Home visits are required even when families tell you they don't want to be bothered. I truly love my families, however the case loads are high, very high turnover, very high turnover - Again, very high turnover. Pay is NOT commensurate with workload.
Easy job!! Very relaxing
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ArkansasApril 6, 2012
I would come in at 2pm and work until 10pm. I would check and respond to all emails. Answer the phone and work on intake forms and insurance forms. The management is horrible and my co-workers are awesome and very hard workers. The hardest part of the job is seeing the kids cry. The most enjoyable part is seeing long term patients complete their programs successfully and go home happy.
Pros
benefits and co-workers
Cons
hospital management, short breaks
good place to work but bad hours
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 9, 2018
Good place to work but unstable hours. I was having to commute and sometimes the hours werent worth the trip. The employees have been there for years or just a few months.
Not a safe place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 2, 2017
Very poor staffing. Worked with 2 MHTs and had 22 patients that were actively suicidal/aggressive. I still had admissions, discharges, charting, incident reports and med pass. Worked there for 20 years. I should have left a long time ago. If you want to keep your livience pkease don’t go there.
Pros
Kids
Cons
Management, staffing, unsafe
Okay place
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 25, 2018
Job is okay. Sometime the people can act like they are still in high school. The hardest part of the job is working with the staff that sometime don't have a clue about mental health.
Pros
Working with kids
Cons
Staff
Stressful, disorganized, uncaring management.
Mental Health Tech (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ArkansasDecember 6, 2013
This hospital has employee AND management 'cliques', like junior high school. Not a professional work environment. The nurses have insane amounts of paperwork, plus nine or ten admissions ON A SHIFT! Mental Health Techs help with these admissions, plus do stacks of paperwork, plus walk the halls every 15 minutes! The staff is expected to do more work than can be done in one shift, breaks are hard to take, management is always complaining about something. Very little positive feedback, especially if you are a good worker who cares. You can't take off unless you find your own replacement! Racial tensions are high on some units. Very stressful environment with high turnover.
Pros
Some great coworkers, good pay.
Cons
Everything else.
Unorganized.
RN (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 26, 2012
If you are a nurse not a good place to work. Other areas like teachers, therapists, or some type of office job better provides easier work environment. Nurses work environment is really bad. Managment don't listen to their staff. The paperwork is insane. You don't have nurses in the pool so you can't hardly take off. Then management definitely have picks and chooses. It ends up as a uneven & unfair work load. Nurses and mental health techs have to find their own coverage if you want off. No unionized organization for their employees. So they can over work and under pay you.
Cons
everything
Thrive on Multi-Tasking and a Fast Paced Environment? This is the Job for You!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 25, 2017
Wonderful mission, administration and environment. Amazing work life balance, generous vacation time amounts and helpful, fun co-workers. If you thrive in a fast-paced, quick, multi-tasking environment, then this is the job for you!
Pros
Co-workers, Time Off, Work Life Balance
it was a delightful job to work at
Mental health technician (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 12, 2017
My role consist of planning and implementing activity services for assigned programs, which involves implementing treatment goals as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team and provide continuous patient care, observation, interaction, and role modeling to patients under the direct care of a RN.
Unorganized, No Training, Unhelpful & uncaring supervisors
LPN (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 7, 2013
The supervisors are unhelpful and uncaring. Coworkers stab you in the back. Unorganized with training of policies & procedures, it's sink or swim. The pay is decent if you can put up with the other. Health benefits are terrible. No co-pays, deductibles only, and its expensive!
Pros
Cheap and good meals in cafeteria
Cons
Short breaks, unfriendly supervisors.
Most of the people that work on the floors or good hard working staff
House Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 30, 2017
Management doesn't treat you fairly or respectful. Many employees are terminated unfairly and no one cares. A change of management really would help to improve the facility.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Treatment of employees
I like how Pinnacle show employee appreciation.
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 3, 2017
I like the residential programs at Pinnacle, but I do not like the acute programs. The acute programs are not very therapeutic. The clients in the acute programs are not there long enough to really benefit from the program.
Pros
salary
Cons
client to staff ratio
Worst Of The Worst
administration (Former Employee) –  little rock , ARJanuary 19, 2013
Dangerous To Your Physical Health To Work Here. Short Staff, No Help, Dangerous events, injured staff, Indifferent management, you will be terminated when events occour reguardless of fault. You would not believe the horrors. Try Prison or the state hospital for a safer place.
Cons
you will not get a day off unless you call in
Great job with one complaint
Mental Health Technician PRN (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 20, 2017
I love the MHT job. my one complaint would be the amount of whining and complaining from coworkers. Frequemtly i can come in happy and positive and leave wishing i had never worked with some of them. MOVE ON if you don't like kids, noise; and activity. Kids are loud. They more often than not just want someone to hear them. I literally had a coworker tell me to not talk to them the other day.
Pros
Kids. Food. Pay.
Cons
Co-workers
Loved this job!!!!!
Van Driver (Current Employee) –  Sheridan, ARAugust 19, 2017
The people and the work was great, Enjoyed the children I was transporting, The mission was clear, so I took great pride in getting the children to and from program safely, Only if it lasted, and had more hours!
Pros
Good people
Cons
Temp. not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pinnacle Pointe Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6