Pinnacle Pointe Hospital

Pinnacle Pointe Hospital Employee Reviews

United States36 reviews
Featured review
Pinnacle Pointe Hospital selected this as a representative review
I never thought I would love Psych health, but I actually changed my focus area to behavioral health because of working here. I truly loved my experiences here.
Horrible place to work. I can't really say anything good about working there. Racism is bad there and not addressed when reported. I would not bring my kid there.
The job it self was okay it was working with people that didnt want to work and try to make the employee that do work. Work hard but over all it was a good job for someone who loves to clean
They're severely understaffed. Theyll have 2 techs with over 20 patients when that's out of ratio. They'll try and call you in on your days off. "Management" will find stupid reasons to write you up. They don't care about helping the kids. Only the money the kids bring.
Don’t work here the kids are out of control. The staff does not work together it’s just really not a good place to work. The supervisor don’t help with problems.
They are always short staffed and the management is not concerned about this matter corners are cut a lot to make money management only steps in to help when there is a audit going on
Please DO NOT apply for this job! Management SUCKS! Management team for this clinic are super sneaky, they don’t care about you, they make up things that you didn’t do in order to get rid of you. They get a little power and want to treat you any kind of way! They want things done on THEIR time, they are NOT the best trainers for the job and they hesitate to help you ! Former Employee of the position!
Pros
Cons
Alot
I don't have anything to say good or bad about my experiences at pinnacle it was a learning experience and I met some great people there and learned a lot.
The children are allowed to do whatever they want to you without any repercussions. Seriously, they can spit in your face or break your bones and nothing can be done - you signed on for this. That is what staff was told by management when they ended up gravely injured by the patients. No thanks.
Cons
Understaffed. Physically unsafe.
Pinnacle hires from within and unfortunately the ceo is always so busy with meetings and traveling that he honestly doesn’t know the majority of things that go on within the hospital. The ceo has a great heart and wants the best for the children under all conditions. Unfortunately , he’s not aware of how the children are treated as if they are in a factory for the most part due to supervisors .
Pros
Paid well
Cons
Too much stress.
The job requires too much. Children basically do what they want and the supervisors barely want the children to be disciplined. Unorganized, fast pace
Pros
Flexible hour
Cons
Barely get breaks, children can barely be disciplined
I think management has no idea how to keep the kids safe. Often staff are extremly out of ratio with patients. How is a staff supposed to keep 18 kids safe by their selfs? There was a lot of riots and gang fights while i was there. The staff were rude to kids but the end goal was to keep the unit safe. When i was too nice the kids would riot on my unit.
There was just so much chaos. Acute floors are much worse than longterm. I am really not sure how the kids are getting any benifit. Not a place i would ever want to work again.
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
Violence, low pay, bad mangement.
I had a great experience at Pinnacle Pointe. My passion was taking care of the pts and making sure the pts and staff was always safe. Everyday I worked with admission department with managing the pts beds and making sure admission ran smoothly. I had to participate in discharge planning daily and making sure pts had proper and safe environments to return to. The hardest part about my job was not being able to make everyone happy. The most enjoyable part about my job was working with the pts and my hard working employees. I learned that I always have to report everything even if I feel it does not need to be reported just to make sure I comply with company policies. Pinnacle Pointe gave me an opportunity to learn and grow and I was appreciative of that.
Pros
allowed you to work all the time
Cons
no incentives for helping out
School-base very stressful, No paid holidays at all, very hard to accumulate vacation. After 90 probationary period you are hounded to bill. There is absolutely no paid days off. Billing is mandatory even during times schools are closed. Home visits are required even when families tell you they don't want to be bothered. I truly love my families, however the case loads are high, very high turnover, very high turnover - Again, very high turnover. Pay is NOT commensurate with workload.
Cons
The pharmacy can only have 1 full time tech. Part time techs are allowed to work a certain number of hours so that the company does not have to give them any benefits. You get PTO but are often forced to use it if the number of patients go down. On top of that, you have to use PTO for sick days and vacations. If you don't have PTO you just don't get paid for any days you might miss if you are sick or take a vacation. Other hospital staff are judgmental and unprofessional. It's a rotating door of employees.
Good place to work but unstable hours. I was having to commute and sometimes the hours werent worth the trip. The employees have been there for years or just a few months.
Job is okay. Sometime the people can act like they are still in high school. The hardest part of the job is working with the staff that sometime don't have a clue about mental health.
Pros
Working with kids
Cons
Staff
This company has poor management. The culture is some what behind the times. I would not recommend working for this company in the future. This was not a good experience.
My role consist of planning and implementing activity services for assigned programs, which involves implementing treatment goals as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team and provide continuous patient care, observation, interaction, and role modeling to patients under the direct care of a RN.
Very poor staffing. Worked with 2 MHTs and had 22 patients that were actively suicidal/aggressive. I still had admissions, discharges, charting, incident reports and med pass. Worked there for 20 years. I should have left a long time ago. If you want to keep your livience pkease don’t go there.
Pros
Kids
Cons
Management, staffing, unsafe
The people and the work was great, Enjoyed the children I was transporting, The mission was clear, so I took great pride in getting the children to and from program safely, Only if it lasted, and had more hours!
Pros
Good people
Cons
Temp. not enough hours
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pinnacle Pointe Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6