PINNACLE SENIOR CARE Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
STNA/Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 10, 2018
I have been working for this company for a few years. I love working for this company but the clientele is up and down. I willing to keep this job part time.
Extremely disappointed
LPN Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Norwood, OHApril 3, 2018
While working as a field nurse I was very disappointed in the management and communication. I was told I would have a specific area of patients. However when out of training I had little to no case load, instead forced to called other nurses to inquire about “extra” patients that they couldn’t see, which was a broad and all over coverage area. It was very unorganized and the expectation to See patients last minute was ridiculous.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Unorganized, no communication
Horrible manager
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHFebruary 25, 2018
The manager is horrible. She is a micromanager and very unprofessional. Corporate is aware of how she acts but does nothing about it. The census is low and many of the patients have been on caseload for months.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Management, low census, patients never change
Fulfilling work with people in the home setting.
Licensed Practical Nurse Field Staff (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIFebruary 10, 2018
This job was a home care job that takes a skilled person to different homes and doing assessments and education. While working with them things learned were mostly about Medicare guidelines. At the time of my departure the management was difficult to work with and somewhat unrealistically demanding. The hardest part of this job was driving long distances between clients and finishing a work day in a timely manner. In the end this was a very rewarding job, as taking care of people is what a nurse does!
Hidden Gem
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIFebruary 5, 2018
So thankful to have found a collaborative, caring, and enthusiastic team that I have always been able to rely on. Management truly listens to its employees, patient concerns and has some of the highest ethical standards I have encountered in healthcare. There definitely seems to be room for growth within all disciplines and the compensation is slightly higher than average.

Great place for anyone who wants to work hard and feel good about it.
Pros
staff, compensation, growth
Cons
drive time
Pinnacle is a great place to work
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MIFebruary 5, 2018
I have been with Pinnacle for over a year, and it is a great place to work. I have seen some bad reviews lately, but those are obviously from disgruntled employees. Pinnacle offers a competitive wage, and benefit package, with a fair amount of PTO. I love the patient's that I care for and the team I work with. Management is easy to approach, and very knowledgeable. I would recommend this place to anybody looking for work in the Health Care Field.
Pros
Flexibility, Salary, Approachable upper management
Cons
None at this time
Why I love Home Care and choose Pinnacle Senior
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHFebruary 1, 2018
I have been with Pinnacle Senior since July 2016 and love working for a corporate organization that provides strong education and knowledge to all staff. Takes great effort in listening to their employees and taking measures to retain their employees from their feedback. They are constantly striving to be improved and be competitive with other home care agencies.

The most enjoyable part of my job are the great people that I get to work with and that it is a team effort to make sure that the patient's needs are being meet on every level or finding out what else we can do for them. It is taking care of our growing elderly population and keeping them in their homes instead of hospitals or skilled nursing facilities.
Pros
Bonuses, insurance, 401k
Cons
Not on all Health Insurance plans
PRN Nurse
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJanuary 18, 2018
The amount of time I was their I had great team work, if I need to ask a question or question orders then it was not a problem with the DON All the RN's were very helpful
Pros
The patients
Cons
not enough hours
needs improvement
Scheduler/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 17, 2018
not good pay or understanding of whats going on or about employees. needs to be more in touch of how employees are treated. so much work with little pay or appreciation.
Would not recommend
Director of Clinical Services (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VANovember 9, 2017
Upper management was poor and unprofessional. Ethically, there are many factors that were not within appropriate guidelines. I felt that there were too many times I was expected to push the limits with medicare regulations that could have perceived as fraud. Highly disorganized company and disrespectful to their employees. Upper management sets unrealistic expectations for employees.
Cons
Not enough pay for expectations of hours worked, unsatisfactory benefits, hostile workplace, Unsafe expectations/requests as a licensed RN

Want to know more about PINNACLE SENIOR CARE?

Ask a question
Pinnacle Senior Care
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 9, 2017
I worked for this company and Was treated horrible. If you are not in the clique then you are made fun of and treated differently. The first time I asked for help, The administrator docked my pay and mileage. I was targeted by her and given more than I could handle in terms of patient loads. The administrator was never in the office when you had to get a hold of her. Every one i the office covered up her absences. They would treat you like an outsider. The only one that treated me well had to leave because of retaliation.
Pros
Company in a whole is good
Cons
San Antonio office administrator
Case management
Per Diem Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHSeptember 27, 2017
Pinnacle was my first community RN job I learned a lot and loved my job. the per visit rate was great. I would return to work there if i didn't love my current position
Pros
autonomy
Cons
driving in the winter. Paper chart (2009)
Poor orientation, organization and office staff
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MISeptember 8, 2017
Do not waste your professional skills here, there are simply not needed, valued or respected.
OASIS and homebound status fraud.
Diffusing customer dissatisfaction on a daily basis..
Managers claim too busy to assist in orientation, however, no new business/referrals in weeks.
Manager and a remote clinical supervisor lied to my face on several occasions.
Clerk/scheduler rude.
Keep searching!
Pros
Excellent PTA
Cons
All else
Management was terrible
Home Health Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MISeptember 7, 2017
I would not recommend this company for employment. Current Manager is unprofessional. If you have something you do incorrectly or are not performing to her expectation she shares it with other staff members, and creates a hostile work environment. Charting software leads you to double and triple chart on patients. Communication is poor and training is minimal and lacks substance.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, patients, pay
Cons
charting, lack of communication, hostile work environment
Great Company!
Office (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 2, 2017
I have worked for Pinnacle for 9 years and it is truly been a blessing. The focus is providing the best patient care and they are constantly supporting our team with education and resources to ensure this. There is so much opportunity for growth and advancement and they invest in their employees and promote whenever possible from within. This organization focuses on quality for its employees as well! You will always feel proud to work here and know that you are working for the best! Great benefits and pay!
Pros
Great Place to work!
Great Supportive Administrator and Company
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 2, 2017
I worked as RN case Manager Irving office and Administrator was very supportive and gave me a lot of extra help as a new nurse. Unfortunately due to personal reasons I had to resign but she still checks on me. They put their patients and staff first at this office!
Pros
Support and pay
Cons
Large territory
Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 8, 2017
I've worked at pinnacle for 6 years and feel the office and field staff are like family. We have incredible nurses who work together as a team and truly love what they do. The therapy team are very close and all work together for the same goal, to give great patient care. Yes it is stressful at times but you will find that in all home care agencies , but what you won't find are nurses, therapists and office staff who all genuinely respect each other and have each other's back, work hard and laugh a lot. I find that most of the employees that have left throughout the years always seem to find their way back. That says a lot
Pros
Great pay, benefits and awsome staff
Autonomy
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 25, 2017
During the short time working for this company I was able to have the autonomy in order to make decisions that were important as it related to the health of my patients.
Like selling your soul to the devil for good pay
Care staff (Current Employee) –  MichiganJuly 13, 2017
Good pay. That is all that is positive. Unsupportive terrible management with highly questionable ethics and borderline fraudulent patient caseload making professionals not have any clinical judgement and only emphasizing the bottom line of making money. No growth professionally and idiotic and demeaning "team building" activities that do not help build morale in a seemingly professional environment, only emphasize the corporate misunderstanding of what being a medical professional means and it isn't playing games to get to know my coworkers. Overworked care staff and documentation demands way beyond your typical work day massive areas to cover with zero care or understanding, again emphasizing productivity over quality patient care. If you like selling your soul to the devil for a good paycheck have zero support or care for you or your patients needs this is the job for you.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Horrible uncaring management, questionable practices with borderline fraudulent patient care
Disappointing
Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 14, 2017
Leadership lacks understanding of support needed by field staff to provide superior care to the patients. They force nurses to provide substandard care to patients by overloading them with visits.
Pros
Benefits start the first of the month after you start
Cons
Leadership