PINNACLE SENIOR CARE Employee Reviews

Great corporate office, Boardman office poorly run.
Case Management (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJanuary 26, 2019
This company offers a lot of perks with the compensation package, ex. great salary, 15 days pto after 90 days of employment, matching 401k, $2 an hour on call rate etc. The downfall is the administrator at the Boardman office. Don't consider a position there, don't do that to yourself and your family. You may have better luck at another branch.
Stressful and unrewarding
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 24, 2019
Pinnacle Senior Care is a branch of Centene. The company is driven by corporate ideas and there is very little communication with field employees. Referrals to home health care almost entirely depend on sister company, Visiting Physicians. Because of it the same small pool of patients is utilized with endlessly repeated referrals of same patients. Patients often have low rehab potential and low compliance as a result of this. Discharges are frowned upon or openly resisted and clinicians scolded at the meetings. The documentation system is Home Care Home Based which is a user unfriendly, cumbersome, time consuming system. I used the same system elsewhere and Pinnacle HCHB custom version is particularly redundant, frustrating, endlessly repetitive version with frequent updates that add more and more documentation. Be prepared to spend long evenings doing even basic documentation, let alone evals and admissions. Local manager in Austin TX has no people skills, created hostile job atmosphere, with constant unfunded accusations, scolding of team members and even the second in line in front of everybody instead of addressing issues one on one. The atmosphere in the office is very toxic as a result.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
toxic office, redundant overwhelming documentation
Toxic work environment toward the end
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwood, OhioJanuary 6, 2019
The cases included mostly therapy and wound care. Many of the patients were seen repeatedly. There were many issues with compliance.
Most of our cases were obtained from Visiting Physicians Association referrals. We accepted only Medicare patients.
Pros
Great coworkers, cohesive group
Cons
Covered 5 counties in South Eastern Ohio alone.
very professional
Certified Wound Nurse (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 7, 2018
I continue to work PRN for company. People are very friendly and professional. Quality care is provided to patients.
Training was good, and mentoring very good.
Pros
free uniforms
Cons
You either love home care or you don't. I love homecare
RN HOME CARE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MI 48864October 26, 2018
I enjoyed meeting so many wonderful clients in my day. I was with this company as it was starting up. I continue to watch it grow from the side lines.
Horrible place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OhioSeptember 28, 2018
Horrible place to work, office manager rude, upper management micromanages, Doctor office staff they work with dont want to be bothered with information, do not follow Medicare guidelines, they think they are above the rules of Home Care just because they are a big corporation, training is a joke and does not prepare you well enough to do the job correctly.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Upper Management, hours, micromanaging, rude office staff
Caseload had to be adjusted to allow for weekly staff meeting.
Home healthcare nurse (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 22, 2018
Staff meeting every other week would have been a better use of staff's time. Only a couple of physicians were concern about their effect on patient care. The electronic documentation was too redundant and staff suggestions had little value. The focus is totally financial & not patient satisfaction/concern or improvement.
Pros
I worked part time
Cons
Leadership, corporate evals did not include patient satisfaction
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids MiAugust 23, 2018
They keep staff in the homes and add more disciplines when it is not needed. Abuse of Insurance companies. Very unorganized and poor communication. Manager very cold, very unpredictable.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
QA Coordinator
QA Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIAugust 20, 2018
Pinnacle strives to provide quality patient care. It was difficult to acheive this job requirement as the requirements/tasks increased as staff positions were eliminated. I worked extra hours daily to try to complete the work. The staff at Pinnacle were friendly and fun to work with. The learning opportunities were great.
Pros
great staff and learning opportunites
Cons
acheiving work requirements is difficult
I would look someplace else
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 13, 2018
When I first got this job, I was ecstatic because I would be working closer with the Drs at VPA. After the honeymoon period was over, that was when things got worse. Immediately, I was pretty much given a full case load after my orientation was completed. The admin and coordinator are 2 peas in a pod-if you don’t fit in these high school cliques, then you might want to look out. Staffing sucks as there are only a handful of nurses
Small things get blown out of proportion and could be handled some other way rather than dragging in someone from corporate. We are all adults, act like it!
Pros
Benefits are great, money is great
Cons
No work-life balance as manager promised, immaturity, low staffing (yet want more admits), heavy case loads, cliquish groups
STNA/Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 10, 2018
I have been working for this company for a few years. I love working for this company but the clientele is up and down. I willing to keep this job part time.
Extremely disappointed
LPN Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Norwood, OHApril 3, 2018
While working as a field nurse I was very disappointed in the management and communication. I was told I would have a specific area of patients. However when out of training I had little to no case load, instead forced to called other nurses to inquire about “extra” patients that they couldn’t see, which was a broad and all over coverage area. It was very unorganized and the expectation to See patients last minute was ridiculous.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Unorganized, no communication
Horrible manager
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHFebruary 25, 2018
The manager is horrible. She is a micromanager and very unprofessional. Corporate is aware of how she acts but does nothing about it. The census is low and many of the patients have been on caseload for months.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Management, low census, patients never change
Fulfilling work with people in the home setting.
Licensed Practical Nurse Field Staff (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIFebruary 10, 2018
This job was a home care job that takes a skilled person to different homes and doing assessments and education. While working with them things learned were mostly about Medicare guidelines. At the time of my departure the management was difficult to work with and somewhat unrealistically demanding. The hardest part of this job was driving long distances between clients and finishing a work day in a timely manner. In the end this was a very rewarding job, as taking care of people is what a nurse does!
Hidden Gem
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIFebruary 5, 2018
So thankful to have found a collaborative, caring, and enthusiastic team that I have always been able to rely on. Management truly listens to its employees, patient concerns and has some of the highest ethical standards I have encountered in healthcare. There definitely seems to be room for growth within all disciplines and the compensation is slightly higher than average.

Great place for anyone who wants to work hard and feel good about it.
Pros
staff, compensation, growth
Cons
drive time
Pinnacle is a great place to work
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MIFebruary 5, 2018
I have been with Pinnacle for over a year, and it is a great place to work. I have seen some bad reviews lately, but those are obviously from disgruntled employees. Pinnacle offers a competitive wage, and benefit package, with a fair amount of PTO. I love the patient's that I care for and the team I work with. Management is easy to approach, and very knowledgeable. I would recommend this place to anybody looking for work in the Health Care Field.
Pros
Flexibility, Salary, Approachable upper management
Cons
None at this time
Why I love Home Care and choose Pinnacle Senior
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHFebruary 1, 2018
I have been with Pinnacle Senior since July 2016 and love working for a corporate organization that provides strong education and knowledge to all staff. Takes great effort in listening to their employees and taking measures to retain their employees from their feedback. They are constantly striving to be improved and be competitive with other home care agencies.

The most enjoyable part of my job are the great people that I get to work with and that it is a team effort to make sure that the patient's needs are being meet on every level or finding out what else we can do for them. It is taking care of our growing elderly population and keeping them in their homes instead of hospitals or skilled nursing facilities.
Pros
Bonuses, insurance, 401k
Cons
Not on all Health Insurance plans
PRN Nurse
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJanuary 18, 2018
The amount of time I was their I had great team work, if I need to ask a question or question orders then it was not a problem with the DON All the RN's were very helpful
Pros
The patients
Cons
not enough hours
needs improvement
Scheduler/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 17, 2018
not good pay or understanding of whats going on or about employees. needs to be more in touch of how employees are treated. so much work with little pay or appreciation.
Would not recommend
Director of Clinical Services (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VANovember 9, 2017
Upper management was poor and unprofessional. Ethically, there are many factors that were not within appropriate guidelines. I felt that there were too many times I was expected to push the limits with medicare regulations that could have perceived as fraud. Highly disorganized company and disrespectful to their employees. Upper management sets unrealistic expectations for employees.
Cons
Not enough pay for expectations of hours worked, unsatisfactory benefits, hostile workplace, Unsafe expectations/requests as a licensed RN

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PINNACLE SENIOR CARE. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8