Pinnacle Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Collaborative and Friendly
Case Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 24, 2018
My internship experience at Pinnacle Services was great. I formed inter professional relationships with other case managers which made for an overall great experience.
Pros
Fun Location
Cons
Parking
Lack of communication. Others got preferential treatment
staff (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 17, 2018
Staff wouldn't be working, looking at cell phones all day. Staff would be talking behind other's back. Staff would be complaining all the time of management and not doing anything that they were supposed to. The client/s were enjoyable but you didn't feel appreciated by management. You were told things you were going to do but those things didn't happen. When things were Brought up, nothing got done about it.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
no benefits, low pay
Fun Place to Work For
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 2, 2018
The nursing team didn't work close (in proximity) together but were available to consult whenever needed by phone. The consumers where amazing to work with. Very rewarding.
Terrible place (current employee)
Case Management/ Licensed Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 17, 2018
Terrible place to work at they had their favorites and discriminate against others they do not like.
Hr is terrible and still is.
Large case loads. Captains dish off the bad clients to new employees trying to learn from captains that do a poor job with training and never spend the time or effort to teach others because they know each employee will walk out the door quickly like the rest of them did before them. People only stay for a year or not even. There is a do not compete cause you sign that hr never goes over which is terrible and un-ethical to do because each employee does not read the fine print.
management
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 3, 2018
pinnacle is not a supportive company they do not look out for their staff , and the house manager are not worth anything they do not want to pull their 24 house availability they signed up for .
Pros
Cons
everything
January 9, 2018

Than you for taking the time to write a review. I noticed you are located in Las Vegas, Nevada and that you are a current employee. Please review your post and ensure you are review the right organization as we do not have any sites in Las Vegas or any current employees working in Nevada.

Great Organization
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILDecember 30, 2017
Excellent leadership and good internal communication. Family environment. Creative freedom. Good benefits and fair compensation. Highly recommended.
Great Company
Infrastructure Project Manager Consultant (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIJune 19, 2017
Great Company

Work Balances | Personal Life is great

Travel is balanced with office work.

Great Team work providing no stress between stakeholder and company / teams
Pinnacle
Case Managment Captain (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNMay 15, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at pinnacle services. The core values were something I valued, strive to deliver daily. There is opportunity for promotion, its comfortable, the people. Great starting point for undergrads coming out of school.
Pros
Enjoyed seeing Nic speak at management meeting and presenting on company info.
Cons
Supervisors could take more time to give small tokens of appreciation and get more involved.
TOXIC--Do NOT apply here!!
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 12, 2017
Very noisy place to work.
No privacy.
Internet goes down often-making it difficult to complete assigned job duties.
On the job training is not helpful.
Management is often not available to answer your questions.
You don't have an assigned desk to work at...you have to search for a place to sit every day.
TERRIBLE
HORRIBLE
BAD
PAINFUL
DISTRESSING
Pros
Some supportive co-workers, free entrance to MSSA, most clients are appreciative of what you can assist them with.
Cons
Management is not supportive of some staff (they do not hide who their favorites are though!), Communication is terrible, Dress code is never enforced
May 16, 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at Pinnacle Services. I apologize your experience did not match our intention of being a great place to work. We pride ourselves on having an open, collaborative environment, one in which you can bounce ideas off of one another all while not being tied to a desk. This is strategic in that when you are working from home, or would like to consult with a specific team member, you can do so, and work side-by-side with one another. I am sorry you did not feel our on the job training was helpful, this is not the intent with our training program and can appreciate your feedback. We have several supports in place to ensure success in the case management role. Some supports in place are our weekly team meetings, Thursday case consultations, bi-weekly one on ones, numerous online resources as well as our management staff (captains in place to provide direct support, supervisors, all the way up to our department supervisor) and encourage open dialog on every level.

If you would like to share more about your experience please contact me by email at hr@pinnacleservices.org

Pinnacle CM
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 10, 2017
Pinnacle Services is a good place to start when you get out of college if you are interested in case management. (you learn alot).They do require an LSW, and have a solid reputation in the field. I know Pinnacle works with a lot of colleges to find people.

One thing I would say about Pinnacle is you do need to be productive and motivated, this job is an independent job. When you first start, it is a lot of information, everyone is busy and you will need to find your own resources which can be a learning curve. The captains are really great, and pinnacle promotes employees from the case management position into the captains position. They also offer supervision which is nice, as well as lets you go to MSSA (they pay for it).
Pros
good experience, management meetings, Mssa
Cons
taking on a lot of cases, not enough employees
Caring and Fun-loving Atmosphere
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 25, 2017
Everyone here is so friendly and willing to help one another. We are all here to learn from each other. Everyday is a new opportunity to grow and expand. The closeness of the staff make you feel that you are right where you want to be. The company get together's have fun activities, where you can really get to know your colleagues on a more personal basis. They encourage you to reach out into the community and volunteer your time to make an impact in the world the way you see fit. Best place I've worked so far.
Pros
free coffee, free lunches, Complimentary CPR and First Aid training, free candy
Cons
the building can be quite chilly at times. Parking in the city can be tough sometimes
Pinnacle Services
Program Counselor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 24, 2017
Everyone works really hard, you do it because you care not for the money. I think when you get into a job like this you do not know what it is going to be like until you actually do it. PM's do a really good job, and support staff.
Pros
co-workers, food, treats
Cons
short staffed
needs communication
Program counselor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 21, 2017
lack of communication and pay doesn't increase. the people that work here doesn't do they job to the best of they abilities and they do not show the clients the respect that they deserve;. better communication is needed for this company.
May 25, 2017

Thank you so much for providing us with your feedback. I am sorry that you have experienced poor communication. Our intent is to over communicate and ensure everyone is informed on everything, from schedules to bigger agency decisions. We do this through various forms of communication from our monthly newsletter, which is sent out via email and is available upon request at the main office, our monthly team meetings, communication logs at the sites and through our Program Managers, so I apologize if this is not happen. In regards to your concern with pay, we do strive to provide the highest level of compensation and ensure we are remaining competitive with other within the industry. Additionally, we are always advocating for more through political representation and community involvement efforts. We are always looking for people to participate and would encourage you to join us.

I want to encourage you reach out to me directly at hr@pinnacleservices.org. If you are interested, I would like the opportunity to sit down with you and discuss your experience. I am interested in your insight and thoughts on how we could make Pinnacle Services a better place to work.

Family Feel
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 17, 2017
Pinnacle Services has been like a second family to me. The people that work for pinnacle services are amazing. The captains truly care about the well being of the people they oversee and will go to bat for their team with management. When I got married everyone sent me well wishes, which was pretty cool. We celebrate baby showers as a team too.

Some details that I think anyone would want to know, the company has a comfy atmosphere,there is a kitchen on every floor, its an old restored building in NE. The winters it can be a bit cold, I bring a blanket, you almost feel like you are working from home. That's another thing a lot of people like, the work from home option. The dress, business casual, you can wear jeans when you are not going to a meeting. Pinnacle does have unit expectations you have to meet, but is doable. You spend alot of time on the phone, and do a lot of note taking. The company is still owed by the original owner, you see him poking around the office, which is pretty cool.
Pros
The fun stuff, liked the national coffee day, random potlucks, the candy drawer
Cons
My biggest pet peeve was parking, but it does not seem to be an issue anymore, since construction is done next door.
Company Review
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 15, 2017
Pinnacle has grown so much since I first started. The people really care about each other and seeing pinnacle grow. I feel like everyone just wants to be apart of it, and it doesn't always feel like we know what's going on, sometimes I think management does not know, so it appears that they are not informing us of changes when really, they just do not have the answers. ( they are working on this). I really enjoyed my time at pinnacle. Of course they have grumpy employees, what company doesn't, but a lot of them have moved on. Case management is a large part of what pinnacle does, and it is a lot of work, but rewarding. I really enjoyed my clients, and love the work I do. People will help you out, management will too, you just have to be proactive in asking for help. The atmosphere is trendy, and the flex work time is awesome...they have pot lucks ( I didn't participate, but there was always left overs).
Pros
free lunches, flex start time
Cons
communication, parking
locations great
CM (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 17, 2017
A lot of motivation with in the company's case management department, people will go to great lengths to help their clients. (CO-WORKERS AMAZING!) Pinnacle does a good job with training/expectations and what not, Medica did always have their goals clearly defined which could be challenging at times. Pinnacle also is really good to their members, good customer services is huge, they have a 24/hr return call policy. I also like the work from home policy, if you get your units in you have some flexibility. I will say when I started the training was a bit difficult, a lot of "standard work" which is instructions written down...the captains have worked hard to ensure this isn't the norm but when I started it was.
Pros
co-workers, company cares about members, you can work from home, pto
Cons
discrepancies between contracts, units (feels a bit micro-managed)
Pinnacle Services Review
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 10, 2017
I am currently a case manager with Pinnacle Service and I thoroughly enjoy working for them. Pinnacle Services is very dedicated to their clients and has a high expectation of customer service, more so than anyone in the industry. I have watched our team grow rapidly and experienced many changes through out the past year. The case management as a whole, works really hard and the coworkers are great. You are expected to make 32 units a day, which is achievable on most days. Recently, the company has been working really hard on communication and bettering the overall company culture. The HR department is really cheery and tends to pop up randomly. They regularly come up with spontaneous ideas for events which has created a fun work environment. Way to go!
Pros
Fun work events, potlucks, volunteer experiences, and coworkers.
Cons
The healthcare benefits aren't great and seem to be expensive.
Pinnacle Services PC
Program counselor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNJanuary 10, 2017
I currently work at one of Pinnacle sites. Pinnacles clients are awesome. The hours are flexible and seem to be good while I was in school. The program managers really care about their staff, and try to make our meetings fun! There are always shifts to pick up if you want more hours, and the managers will try to do extra for employees by giving away gift cards. I've learned a lot from this job and it has given me the foot in the door to healthcare and home care I needed.
Pros
The managers are really good, they work hard and care about the staff. They also do fun give aways.
Cons
Its hard to call out, the clients depend on you, finding someone to work your shift can be challenging.
Pinnacle employees care and the management is cool
Administration (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 29, 2016
Pinnacle is a good social services agency. The company has grown a lot lately which has created some challenges, but the employees at pinnacle are really fun, hard-working people. Pinnacle is known in the field and counties for their high level of customer service. I have learned so much from Pinnacle, this is a place where you can start your career and probably want to stay awhile, they really help you learn the field from the ground up. The hardest part about the job would be keeping up, you have to be assertive and ask questions. The most enjoyable part of the job is the clients and my co-workers!
Pros
Everyone works hard, people are caring and passionate about social services, the building is cool
Cons
The parking, the buidling is in NE and its a really cool, modern building but parking can suck
Needs improvement
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 9, 2016
I was new to the field and was able to catch on quickly with the support of my manager and everyone in the office and at the sites. The work is demanding but offers positive results. I leave most days with a smile and happy that I had a positive impact on someone.
Pros
Love the Clients
Cons
No benifits