Pinnacle Treatment Centers Employee Reviews

Productive, rewarding workplace
Drug Counselor Inter (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJNovember 6, 2018
I enjoyed the work and case management at pinnacle. Working in methadone allows for long term care with clients. When working there, the supervisor was supportive of our work and provided effective supervision.
Pros
working long term with clients
Great place
LPN (Current Employee) –  Franklin, KYOctober 18, 2018
I have no complaints, training was extesnive; there's always someone willing to help. Supervisors are only a phone call away. Very team-oriented place to work.
Not a good company period!!
Residential aide (Former Employee) –  Cambridge City, INOctober 5, 2018
The company will lie to you. Will not work around your life. Was told from the start I would never work a weekend, they said I was the "week guy". I worked almost every weekend since I started in August. Nurses will probably disrespect you and get away with it. I have gone out of my way constantly with no appreciation in return. I DO NOT RECOMMEND WORKING HERE!
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Everything else imaginable
Terrible place to work
counselor (Current Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 28, 2018
No autonomy as a counselor. Told what to write in notes. Patient last mentality. Fixing old documents to pass inspections... Bullying, intimidating with new management. Counselor are glorified probation officers, handing out worksheets recommended over actually talking to clients.
Pros
get off work earlier than most jobs.
Cons
A lot
Very Poor Management
Residential Aide (Former Employee) –  Cambridge City INAugust 27, 2018
Very Poor Management. New ED is horrible, non caring. Not enough help at all!!! Not enough space/room for all staff and patients. No acknowledgement or appreciation of staff.
Pros
Helping the patients achieve their goals to succeed in a clean recovery
Cons
Very Poor Management
If you don't love SA counseling not for you
Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 11, 2018
A good place to learn. Not many opportunities to advance or get raises. Stressful environment but loving the field is a necessity to survive this job.
Pros
work day is over at 1:30pm
Cons
work days being at 5 am
Lpn
LPN (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 1, 2018
I worked at pinnacle for a year and it was an ok job. I just didn’t like within that year we had 6 different DON’s , 4 different administrators , doctors was never there and you can never have someone cover your shift because there was no extra nurses. I love my job detail but the management not so much. They throw credentials around all the time and will question your nursing judgment because you are an LPN. I’ve seen them take the patients side when you are trying to do what’s best for the patient. They will tell the patient whatever just so they can get their money. No rules set in place for the patients so they pretty much walk all over you. The backstabbing from management is ridiculous.
Pros
Free lunch which is amazing Depending on which cook is cooking
Good pay
Residential Aide/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Mayfield, KYJuly 23, 2018
Learned alot about addiction by working here. This job is very rewarding, but can alos be stressful. The pay is good for the work that you do. Management could be better, as well as organization.
I'm happy here
Staff (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INJuly 10, 2018
I work in the Merrillville location and love this place. I read the negative reviews about RW and Pinnacle and I just don't see it.
I've been here since before we took our first client in Merrillville and while I can only speak from my experience I do believe that so much of a career is what you make of it.
I wanted to work in substance abuse treatment and feel thankful that I found this place. Our team is compassionate and amazing, and we support one another day in and day out. The staff at this facility are truly people that care and want to help others.
The job in and of itself can definitely be exhausting - but it's the nature of what we do. There are days I'm emotionally, mentally and physically drained, but it's what I signed up for - and the satisfaction in watching our clients heal and begin their recovery journey is often overwhelming in the best sense of the word. That satisfaction is always bigger than any exhaustion I feel.
I believe special people work in substance abuse treatment - and I'm thankful that everyday I'm surrounded by so many of them. If you're considering working for Pinnacle I encourage you to go for it. There are more people like me working here than not - and we love it.
Pros
the clients, the staff, competitive pay, and management that listens and values employees
Cons
some long hours, health insurance is pricey if you have family coverage
No room for advancement
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Covington, KYMay 20, 2018
This would be a good company if not for poor management, no advancement and low wages that do not match the workload. The only people that are ever promoted are buddies and friends not those who would actually perform their duties effectively.
Pros
The hours allow for life outside of work.
Cons
Poor management, The addicts dictate all aspects of business life.
Good place to work if you can't think for yourself
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Covington, KYMay 14, 2018
This company has great opportunities to help others and serve a much needed population. On the surface, everything looks great. As you get in... It's all about money, and as long as you do exactly what they tell you to and don't think for yourself, you'll go far in this company.
Pros
Serving a much needed population, helping others
Cons
Overworked, unrealistic expectations
Positive experience
Line Staff (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, KYMay 11, 2018
My experience as an employee of Pinnacle has been a very positive one. Pinnacle, from the CEO on down, is committed to the treatment of their clients. This is a hard field in which to work, so it is not for everyone. Those individuals who choose this field will find that working with this company can be very rewarding.
Pros
Very supportive leadership, very competitive dental & vision plans
Cons
Health insurance cost is above average for family plan
Work
Therapist/Counselor (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL 35801May 4, 2018
I really did not see any career advancements. I came in as a frontline staff. I had my Master's but could never be promoted to therapist in which I qualified for.
Pulaski Medical, Pulaski VA
Worker (Current Employee) –  Pulaski, VAApril 14, 2018
First of all, the comment made on April 11,2018. My question to you is WHY are you still working there or are you? Second , my personal opinion is: this is a great place to work, all staff works together to the best of their abilities, and our administrator is nothing but GREAT! We do not have bullies in our office and whomever commented bullied is not working at the Pulaski medical that I work at. I recently had a patient tell me that our office runs a lot smoother now than a year ago. Everyone has a bad day every once in a while but who doesn't . I feel like some of the comments on here are a little overboard.
Pros
Excellent place to work
Do NOT work here!!
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Pulaski, VAApril 11, 2018
Pulaski Medical is a corrupt joke. The people running the clinic only care about money and will make up whatever lie possible to bring in employees. The clinic has very few employees and hundreds of patients, who receive terrible care. There is no stability with policy and procedure, whoever is in charge makes it up as they go. The employees are never recognized for good work, only scolded in weekly meeting about what they are doing wrong. Counselors never stay long so caseloads are usually huge, the work load is impossible, the stress is horrible, and you are constantly told to do more and more. My work experience here was traumatizing. RUN!!! Do not work here! I wouldn’t suggest spending time in this hole to a deranged rat. I would’ve given zeros stars if it was an option.
Pros
Cons
Large caseloads, no positive feedback, high stress, corrupt admin, bullied
Cambridge City Recovery Works
RA (Current Employee) –  Cambridge City, INApril 8, 2018
Excellent place to work. Executive Director is fair, open and reasonable. The focus is quality patient care and RECOVERY. I have never worked at a place that is so compassionate to the clients and to the staff.
Not a good place to work
Office (Former Employee) –  South Shore,KyMarch 8, 2018
People, don't seem to realize how bad this place can be, and often ask why there is a new group of employees hired every day after someone quit, leaves. Before, I became an employee, for this company. I was excited and had high hopes for working for a company like Pinnacle Treatment Center-Recovery Works. I quickly learned local isn't always better as far as employer. They "clean house" once or twice a month and everyone become upset over the fact this company cannot keep good decent employees because of lack of good judgement. If you're willing to step on others necks, lie about the truth, then you'd make it here. If you're a decent human being who respects yourself and others around you and not willing to put up with management indecent behaviors, you're better off working elsewhere. This company keeps this place understaffed and over worked and under pay. You should never have to go to work, for a place feeling miserable and hate your job for the fact that you don't feel protected for telling the truth. And you shouldn't have to use co-workers as a stepping stool to advance in your position or gain another position. In time it will back fire on you and come back and hit you at the end. There seems to be a lot of IOU's, backstabbing, and blackmail. It's like high school, if you're not in the click, you're out. I have experienced these things in working for this company in a very short time. Benefits are way to high that you couldn't afford, and doesn't pay anything. I’m glad very happy that I’ve left and I’m not looking back. This is very bad work places, but by far, is  more... the worst.  less
Pros
Hours, Holidays off
Cons
Bad Management, No benefits, Very long working hours
Disorganized work place, Very stressful
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  South Shore, KYFebruary 25, 2018
I've been hired as a house keeper not knowing that I have to do other staff job. I Can't even get caught up doing my job. This company is very disorganized and under poor management, with unethical behavior from management horrible place to work. This company keeps running all the good employees off. Know wonder we all work over time. they keep it understaffed. All Staff there are cut throats even management. Wish that I had found another job instead of this one. This company is very stressful.
Pros
poor management, cut throats
Cons
curses, disorganized
High stress work environment and poor management
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge Cty, INFebruary 18, 2018
Very stressful environment. Minimum training. High turnover due to the stress of the work environment. I was not told my hours or work schedule before I was hired. After I was hired I was expected to work every weekend and my job responsibilities changed whenever someone quit due to their need for someone to pick up the extra work. Staff was not happy with management because of the demands, but staff was not allowed to voice their concerns about the way things were run.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Demanding hours, poor management
Fast pace environment.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Keyport, NJFebruary 15, 2018
No room for growth. fast pace environment that can be stressful at times due to lack of team work and communication in some departments. Overall it was a very fulfilling position if you enjoy cooking.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pinnacle Treatment Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6