Pinnacle Treatment Centers Employee Reviews

Good place to work if you can't think for yourself
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Covington, KYMay 14, 2018
This company has great opportunities to help others and serve a much needed population. On the surface, everything looks great. As you get in... It's all about money, and as long as you do exactly what they tell you to and don't think for yourself, you'll go far in this company.
Pros
Serving a much needed population, helping others
Cons
Overworked, unrealistic expectations
Positive experience
Line Staff (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, KYMay 11, 2018
My experience as an employee of Pinnacle has been a very positive one. Pinnacle, from the CEO on down, is committed to the treatment of their clients. This is a hard field in which to work, so it is not for everyone. Those individuals who choose this field will find that working with this company can be very rewarding.
Pros
Very supportive leadership, very competitive dental & vision plans
Cons
Health insurance cost is above average for family plan
Pulaski Medical, Pulaski VA
Worker (Current Employee) –  Pulaski, VAApril 14, 2018
First of all, the comment made on April 11,2018. My question to you is WHY are you still working there or are you? Second , my personal opinion is: this is a great place to work, all staff works together to the best of their abilities, and our administrator is nothing but GREAT! We do not have bullies in our office and whomever commented bullied is not working at the Pulaski medical that I work at. I recently had a patient tell me that our office runs a lot smoother now than a year ago. Everyone has a bad day every once in a while but who doesn't . I feel like some of the comments on here are a little overboard.
Pros
Excellent place to work
Do NOT work here!!
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Pulaski, VAApril 11, 2018
Pulaski Medical is a corrupt joke. The people running the clinic only care about money and will make up whatever lie possible to bring in employees. The clinic has very few employees and hundreds of patients, who receive terrible care. There is no stability with policy and procedure, whoever is in charge makes it up as they go. The employees are never recognized for good work, only scolded in weekly meeting about what they are doing wrong. Counselors never stay long so caseloads are usually huge, the work load is impossible, the stress is horrible, and you are constantly told to do more and more. My work experience here was traumatizing. RUN!!! Do not work here! I wouldn’t suggest spending time in this hole to a deranged rat. I would’ve given zeros stars if it was an option.
Pros
Cons
Large caseloads, no positive feedback, high stress, corrupt admin, bullied
Cambridge City Recovery Works
RA (Current Employee) –  Cambridge City, INApril 8, 2018
Excellent place to work. Executive Director is fair, open and reasonable. The focus is quality patient care and RECOVERY. I have never worked at a place that is so compassionate to the clients and to the staff.
Not a good place to work
Office (Former Employee) –  South Shore,KyMarch 8, 2018
People, don't seem to realize how bad this place can be, and often ask why there is a new group of employees hired every day after someone quit, leaves. Before, I became an employee, for this company. I was excited and had high hopes for working for a company like Pinnacle Treatment Center-Recovery Works. I quickly learned local isn't always better as far as employer. They "clean house" once or twice a month and everyone become upset over the fact this company cannot keep good decent employees because of lack of good judgement. If you're willing to step on others necks, lie about the truth, then you'd make it here. If you're a decent human being who respects yourself and others around you and not willing to put up with management indecent behaviors, you're better off working elsewhere. This company keeps this place understaffed and over worked and under pay. You should never have to go to work, for a place feeling miserable and hate your job for the fact that you don't feel protected for telling the truth. And you shouldn't have to use co-workers as a stepping stool to advance in your position or gain another position. In time it will back fire on you and come back and hit you at the end. There seems to be a lot of IOU's, backstabbing, and blackmail. It's like high school, if you're not in the click, you're out. I have experienced these things in working for this company in a very short time. Benefits are way to high that you couldn't afford, and doesn't pay anything. I’m glad very happy that I’ve left and I’m not looking back. This is very bad work places, but by far, is  more... the worst.  less
Pros
Hours, Holidays off
Cons
Bad Management, No benefits, Very long working hours
Disorganized work place, Very stressful
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  South Shore, KYFebruary 25, 2018
I've been hired as a house keeper not knowing that I have to do other staff job. I Can't even get caught up doing my job. This company is very disorganized and under poor management, with unethical behavior from management horrible place to work. This company keeps running all the good employees off. Know wonder we all work over time. they keep it understaffed. All Staff there are cut throats even management. Wish that I had found another job instead of this one. This company is very stressful.
Pros
poor management, cut throats
Cons
curses, disorganized
Work place violence
Driver/House Keeper (Former Employee) –  South Shore, KYFebruary 23, 2018
WORK PLACE VIOLENCE! The supervisors there will Bully you, Harass you, start Arguments with you, Physical Assaults you, Verbal Abuse you, Pushing, Shoving you, even goes out of there way two accuse you of there wrong doing. The upper CEO will stand by and do nothing about the problem nor stop the problem. Your just a number, you can be easy replace. They will have you doing other jobs and not get paid for doing them. This would be a great place to work if it wasn't for the work place violence that goes on in this place.
Pros
stressful, bad management
Cons
lack of management
High stress work environment and poor management
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge Cty, INFebruary 18, 2018
Very stressful environment. Minimum training. High turnover due to the stress of the work environment. I was not told my hours or work schedule before I was hired. After I was hired I was expected to work every weekend and my job responsibilities changed whenever someone quit due to their need for someone to pick up the extra work. Staff was not happy with management because of the demands, but staff was not allowed to voice their concerns about the way things were run.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Demanding hours, poor management
Fast pace environment.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Keyport, NJFebruary 15, 2018
No room for growth. fast pace environment that can be stressful at times due to lack of team work and communication in some departments. Overall it was a very fulfilling position if you enjoy cooking.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Productive and relaxed
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJDecember 10, 2017
I think the work environment is very productive and relaxed. I have been working there for just over seven months and I have found the experience to be fulfilling and rewarding.
Stressful, unorganized, unethical place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  South Shore, KYDecember 5, 2017
ED was a nightmare, was nice to your face and talked behind your back. Would call late at night talk for hours, then forget what she talked about. Nobody is happy, all are overworked, you were not asked to do anything you were told you were going to do something and God forbid someone else have to help. Suggestions from staff went completely ignored, and then staff would get blamed if something went wrong after the suggestion went ignored. Not a happy environment that they like for people to think it is. A lot of unethical practices going on.
Pros
Some co-workers
Cons
Everything else
I really love it.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NJNovember 26, 2017
I had always intended on working in substance abuse I work as a dispensary nurse. Newer to the company, I have worked many jobs being a nurse and NEVER have I met such welcoming caring people in my life. The atmosphere is so welcoming and everyone is so helpful with each other. The DON and Charge Nurse and wonderful. I have had terrible of both in my life in nursing and they are both so sweet and helpful. The schedule and work life balance is incredibly fair everyone including the patients are treated with the utmost respect. It’s not the first things I’m particularly used to, as far as the field of nursing. But, this is one of my jobs I can say I truly LOVE. I am happy to go to work in the morning, without a doubt. Plus what this company does for people is great, giving people a second chance without judgement is a beautiful thing.
Pros
Amazing environment, great people to work with, caring, offers alot
Great work hours
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI 48108November 16, 2017
Great company with good philosophy on substance abuse treatment options and goals. Dedicated to fighting the epidemic of opiate addiction. Involvement in community.
Pros
Good hours and pay
Cons
not secure
Great Experience
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYNovember 11, 2017
Worked for this facility. Really enjoyed working with this team and management at this facility. They are trying to provide great care for clients and run an effective business. Feel that this company is a wonderful company to work for especially the Etown location.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Very busy all the time
Love Pinnacle
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 29, 2017
I worked for as a Dispensing Nurse at Pinnacle in Pittsburgh, PA.
It was fast past and fun but never boring. There was always something to do and the staff was supportive. We worked as a flawless team to get things done.
When someone needed time off our Head Nurse would immediatley arrange it by asking staff if they fill in. If not, He had no problems filling in himself or our Supervisor an Assistant Physician would fill in. I Loved working at this site. My only reqret was that I had to relocate out of the area. I still follow Pinnacle whereever my travels take me to see if there are openings. I will work for them in a heart beat.
Pros
Team Work and Support Staff, Compassionate Management Staff, Bonuses
Cons
I dont have any
Rewarding work in a bad company
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYOctober 21, 2017
This is a private for profit company and it does not care about its employees or its patients beyond their ability to pay for their product. The company expects the emplyess to skate as close to the line of their ethical beliefs as they can push them and then if the employee complains, they will find a way to encourage them to either move on or to terminate them. The staff and direction of the clinic is great, the issue comes from higher up on the corporate side. However, you cannot keep a clinic healthy and working well if the employees are living in fear day to day as to whether or not they will have a job or if they will hurt a someone
Pros
Rewarding, helping people and seeing results, good staff to work with, vacation days and health benefits for the employee
Cons
Constant threats from corporate, requests for unethical behavior, often blamed for actions of others outside of your control, punitive work culture
All about the Insurance
RA (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, KYOctober 17, 2017
Poor management.The clients run the place and are allowed to disrespect staff without consequences. RAs are not consistent with clients and some RAs allow clients to do things that are not allowed. Many have relationships with the clients and have continued to work there.Low pay and no kind of incentive for those who do the job.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
stressful environment, company not taken serious.
Stressful
Recovery (Current Employee) –  South Shore, KYOctober 9, 2017
Stressful, Bullies, Disorganized, Out for personal wealth and gain, Not willing to pay accordingly, benefits too expensive to afford, pay so low you can plan on keeping your state benefits, this location is all about the bottom dollar, overworked.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
everything else
No care for client's or employees.
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Phillipsburg, NJOctober 2, 2017
It's all about the money. The more client's in the more money, and not for you. Despite not having enough counselors to manage the client's, the caseloads were insane, most client's did not even have counselors and most counselors did not last a year. The management did not care for clients or employees but to make sure more clients were admitted to the facility.
Pros
Some nice co-workers
Cons
Horrible management and no treatment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pinnacle Treatment Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7