PinnacleART

PinnacleART Employee Reviews

United States39 reviews
Project and upper management turnover oftentimes results in employee dismissal leaving the worker bees unsure of tenure at the company. Employees are unsure of how long they will have the job which renders the low morale and high turnover rates.
Great coworkers! Management favors employees that been there longer. But thats anywhere you go in this business. No matter how hard a person will work.
Its a good company to work for. Always look out for their employees well-being. Good pay & management. you work a lot of overtime, it is very diverse as well.
Pros
overtime
Privately owned Pinnacle (MI programs) acquired ART (RCM programs) about 5 years ago, and they continue to be very different groups. Pinnacle's founder and CEO cares more about fostering an environment that employees feel lucky to be a part of than about the employees themselves. The preferred new hire is young and inexperienced, and will accept a lower salary. Turnover rate is high. When ART was acquired, the experienced and highly trained team that came with it stood out dramatically from the Pinnacle side.

I love working on the ART side, both the people I work with and the work itself. I have learned a lot, and have been provided the opportunity to work on various projects, all a little bit different. The only issue is that the owner tries to apply his standard management outlook to the reliability side, and it just doesn't work. There is no opportunity for a raise or bonus, because no difference in value between experience levels is seen.
Pros
Great team, enjoyable work
Cons
No raises, promotions or merit bonuses
PinnacleART is a great place to work for new engineering graduates and offers plenty of room for growth within the risk management arena. PinnacelART offers the opportunity to grow within the company and move around to other groups for a well rounded work environment.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
You are not properly trained and are put on several tasks, and are expected to meet unrealistic metrics. If you're not meeting metrics, or not fitting in with your team, there's a high probability you'll be fired.
I spent over four years at PinnacleART trying to ignore the politics and nonsense and just do my job. In the end, that was not possible. The company is run by a core of 4 or 5 individuals whose only qualification for their positions is the number of years they have worked for the company. They are all devoid of good business practices, morality, and common sense. These people do the bidding of the company founder (now Texas politician) as he operates a shadow management policy through them.

I managed many individuals at once while working for Pinnacle, and every day I was approached by my teammates with questions about the new boneheaded decisions of the "Partners" (as they call themselves). Each day countless hours were spent undoing the bad decisions of my partner instead of focusing on our clients and projects.

At this time, I would not recommend for anyone to work for Pinnacle. While the company was once a good place to work and learn, the leaders have pointed the ship in the direction of disaster. Steer clear.
This company was fun to work for. They cared about all of their employees. with multiple opportunities for advancement, I look forward to working with them again in the future.
The company is designed as a College Campus at their home location. If you are a fresh drafter, I highly suggest it. They have/had me doing aesthetic pleasing work. Leadership still needs work at the company.
Pinnacle can be an amazing place to work mainly because of your co workers. They are a very young company that has a lot to offer recent college graduates. The hardest part of the job is that the day to day work can get very tedious and it can be sometimes hard to find motivation to keep going.
Colleagues were very friendly, and they created a positive and encouraging environment to learn new things and were not afraid of facing the potential to fail.

They cared about interns. I would recommend people to have an internship experience here.
This company has a lot of great people but there's inexperience and incompetence especially in management. A lot of their decisions have been very questionable. Departments don't get the support they need. A manager here is not comparable to a manager at a good engineering company. The company has constant changes, people get laid off easily, and as an engineer, the longer you stay here, the more likely you are to lose valuable years of actual engineering experience.
Pros
Decent culture, pay, benefits etc
Cons
Poor management
I worked for Pinnacle about half a year. When I started all seemed well, the longer I worked the worse it got. Workers were treated like children who don’t know how to stay busy. Management was extremely inexperienced, this also affected the workers because how can they explain something if they don’t understand it. Management was not understanding of the issues we encountered and did not provide solutions to problems. We would get frequent rain outs even if we had things do inside. I do not speak as if I know all of Pinnacle, only my experience of what happened while I was there. Do not take a field drafting position for Pinnacle, inspection is what drives Pinnacle not Engineering and Drafting. Not a recommended place to work.
Leadership makes conflicting decisions and changes mid stream too often. Company driven too much by politics and fear. Very little direction and training. Few opportunities to go above and beyond and outside your role.
Pros
Monthly food and drinks
Cons
Hard to be heard and promoted. Turn over very high.
They promise a lot in your TWO week orientation, as far as advancement and leadership goes. However, you aren't on the engineering teams, you are not important at all. A typical day at work was hostile, cold, and if you aren't in the "clique" (read: went to A&M and live in Midtown) then your days are very isolated. It was hard to learn anything there, because the process were COSTANTLY changing with no communication to the teams. And if you couldn't keep up with a whole new process and set of rules each week, they would simply let you go. Management, I found, to be fake. They would give you constant positive reviews to your face and then record everything you didn't do 100% accurate and never bring it to your attention. The workplace culture is awesome, on paper. There are monthly fellowships where everyone stops working around 4 pm and eats dinner/snacks and drinks beer. There are several workplace committees that you can join and volunteer opportunities.
Pros
free beer & food monthly
Cons
Management, Inconsisties, Favoritism, Lack of Communication
Unprofessional, inexperienced, deceiving project leads / management allowed to get away way with too much and the cause for losing employees with good morals, work ethic & diversity. Equal Opportunities are False. Training & material not organized nor sufficient. . Expect to manage but have no clue on job processes and why metrics can’t be met. Ask questions get reprimanded don’t ask get reprimanded.
Pros
Cons
Poor management PL
Typical day has many more meetings than necessary. Sometimes it takes several to reach decisions.

Upper management selectively listens to suggestions from experienced hires ultimately leading to no changes.

Middle management and experienced hires are pretty great folks, but they don't last long here. They leave pretty quickly.

Attrition is high. Context is not provided for HR decisions.
Pros
work/life balance, some of the people are really great
Cons
pay, benefits, performance management process, opportunity to advance, company communication, upper management doesn't listen
Good company for people willing to relocate to advance their career. Compensation and benefits are good for the positions available. Good company culture.
In my 4 years with the organization I have held 5 different positions and have experienced a tremendous amount of growth. Each of my managers/supervisors has been supportive and pushed me to learn. Some of my biggest opportunities to learn have been from stretch opportunities where I was allowed to fail. This is not something that I see my peers at other companies having the opportunity to do. They don't get the same experiences as I've had to make an impact on their organization or the world. I feel blessed to work for PinnacleART.
Pros
Opportunities for growth and challenge, training and leadership focus, environmental and community impact focused company
Cons
Growing can be difficult. I've had good times and bad times learning to roll with the punches here.
The typical day is uneventful. Get your drawings done. I wasn't there long enough to learn more than the job description of the job contracted. Management was very in touch. The culture was very college campus like.
Pros
manage your own time, campus, monthly meetings
Cons
Company has a great culture to work in, it really does a good job to bring in good talent to help the company vision and initiatives. I would recommend this company.