Pinnacol Assurance Employee Reviews

Political drive.
Senior Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 11, 2019
was happy working at Pinnacol Assurance. new management forced me to report domestic violence to security and was targeted after reporting and finally terminated.
Unpredictable
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO 80230December 6, 2018
The people there are great, the message is even better. However, it is very PR oriented and you have to be very careful about what you say and to who. I've often heard conversations where employees call the environment hostile.
It was a bit challenging
Helper (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 14, 2018
It was challenging, a lot of details to the job but overrall I enjoyed working there
Pros
managers, work
Cons
a lot of details
Excellent place to work.
Legal Secretary Workers' Compensation (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 23, 2018
The salary was a little on the low side but I enjoyed the people I worked with. The atmosphere was very supportive of bettering yourself as an individual as well as an employee.
Great Place to Work
Senior Business & Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 25, 2018
Pinnacol was amazing. Great people and great culture. I really enjoyed my colleagues. My boss (who I keep in touch with regularly) was and is extremely supportive of my career development.
They care
Claims Representative II (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 22, 2018
By far, the best thing about Pinnacol as that they do seem to genuinely care about their employees. Everyone is very approachable, from the CEO down, and they care about you as an individual. Great benefits and pay.
Pros
People/Management
Cons
workload
Highly Stressful
Senior Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 2, 2018
Each day was very fast paced, highly stressful, with long hours, and high desk voland . Hardest part was dealing with stress. The enjoyable part was the employees.
Pros
Gainsharing
Cons
Stress
Excellent company to work for
Microstrategy BI Architect (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 6, 2018
This is the company where I feel proud that I joined and served. Awesome in terms of work and how people were really eager to help rather than to bring you down. I wish I would have stayed there longer
Pros
Great company, a rare workplace
Cons
nothing I can think of
Great place with great people
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 2, 2017
Pinnacol has a great group of people who work here that really care about helping others. I love that the mission of the company is all about giving caring service to others. Pinnacol does a great job taking care of its employees with their benefits and generous PTO (4 weeks/year). I like that they are focused on improving processes and staying ahead of the game but it can sometimes be daunting when things are constantly changing. It can also be very busy at times and every now and then you will have some long days.
Pros
Benefits, the people, the work
Cons
constant changing, some long days
Great Company & Great Place to Work
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 30, 2017
I love working at Pinnacol Assurance. The executives are thinking about the right things in order to help Pinnacol thrive now and into the future. The people are what makes the company so great.
great learning position
Records Tech ll (Former Employee) –  ColoradoAugust 23, 2017
It was a very stimulating job. Great people and fun to work there. Learned a lot about the business and the state workings. Great growth and very family orientated.
Pros
always allowed to shadow other workers
Cons
didnt always get reconized
Catastrophic Nurse Case Manger (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 4, 2017
If I could still work there I would, but I moved out of state and was not able to continue my position with the company. It was with a heavy heart that I Left the company
Medical Case Manager
Medical Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 25, 2017
Early Intervention MCM and *point of contact* for a team of Adjusters. UR for treatment requests as needed. Handle 60 plus cases. Great relationship with MCM group, supervisors, and Claims department
Pros
Great supportive company
Cons
commuting
Great Place to work
Business Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 3, 2017
If i was staying in Denver i would work here for the rest of my life! The only thing I would suggest is having friendly and optimistic attitude so strive here.
Bad management lacking technical skills ruins culture in IS department
Software Developer I (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 30, 2017
This company's IS department is extremely averse to change. For example, I suggested implementing code review during a retrospective meeting and got an incredible amount of push back. A particular group of employees with a lot of seniority was so upset by the mere mention of code review that they actually complained about it to management. The worst part? Management sided with them!

It also doesn't help that the CIO and many managers have never written a line of code in their lives. Their lack of technical leadership in the department really shows and I believe it will hurt them in the long run.

It's a shame because the overall culture of the company is really good, but the IS department is just so dysfunctional. They do pay really well and provide good benefits, however.
Pros
Good pay, benefits
Cons
Bad management, lack of technical leadership, dysfunctional IS department
Great place to work.
Help Desk Technician PC Procurement (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 27, 2017
Great place to work, work life/balance is great. Awesome benefits. I learned customer service skills, tech skills. How to listen to the internal customer.
Pros
Great place to put in to action your ideas
Cons
None known
Best place ever
Data Entry Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 16, 2017
Best place I've ever worked. They care about their employees and they always had fun work related events. This is a state job so they have good benefits.
Pros
Always have healthy food and events. Employees are happy.
Nice place to work
SENIOR UNDERWRITER (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 14, 2017
Nice place to work. Good Benefits. Flexible hours if needed. Business directors work as well as they can with employees to help with the job work and life balance.
Very relaxed atmosphere
Payroll Accounts Payable Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 29, 2017
Very relaxed atmosphere with great management. Very flexible with hours and accommodating family needs. Lots of room for advancement, especially with educational degrees.
Pros
Great managers
Cons
Slow paced
Outstanding company.
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 19, 2017
I currently work two desks at this company. A typical day at Pinnacol isn't so typical. I have learned that teamwork is the best when everyone on the team believes and strives for the same outcome. That outcome here is serving a happy and healthy customer. The work place culture is one like no other, I don't have the words to describe the worth ethic I have experienced here. It is beyond the normal customer service I have experienced in all of my work career. I would say the most enjoyable part of my job is being able to look forward to coming back every single day and working alongside one of the most cheerful helpful outgoing coworkers.
Benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pinnacol Assurance. Our community is ready to answer.

Pinnacol Assurance Reviews by Location