PINSTACK Employee Reviews

Made the Best of it
Kitchen Lead/Expediter (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 15, 2019
This place Was Horrible Experience General Manager Was A Glory Hound Would hire anybody off the street with no experience Don't get me wrong I understand U have to start somewhere But at least have a little culinary skills
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Free Food
good workplace
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 14, 2019
it was a good workplace. good to learn how to serve in many different circumstances. the employees were enjoyable and management was easy to talk to. work was stressful at times but the ability to make good money.
My experience working at Pinstack
Ride Operator (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXApril 4, 2019
A typical day at work for me is the following, trying to go back to yesterdays lists and clean everything from yesterdays and today's list, because they never get done unless I am there or in the morning. Then when the rest of the PM people get here, I struggle my way through the night trying to make them do something productive, other than talk, be on their phones, and vape. I have learned that Management at Pin stack can not keep their word. Yet I also learned how to be a shift lead. The hardest part of my job is telling my co workers to separate and actually do their job. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I can work with my friend because he knows how I work and he knows that i will get on to anyone if they do not do their job correctly. In all, this is a good first time job, a job for the season, but not a job to keep for ever, there is a ninety nine percent chance you will not ever get promoted, unless you are the managers pet.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Management, favoritism, lack of training for some people, Terrible scheduling.
Poor management
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXApril 1, 2019
Management made promises that were never kept and followed through with. Slow advancement, lots of side talk and empty promises. When shown an issue they pick and choose what to address.
Hard working young people
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 14, 2019
Employees were very happy and gracious in their work routine...corporate Chef seemed easy to get along with ...and very helpful..corporate staff and management all and all were good..enjoyed working side by side with many managers..wasn't there long enough to really be able to advance..turnover rate with employees seemed way too high!! Do hope the best for a growing company as Pinstack
Pros
Friendly and Hardworking staff
Cons
Employee turnover rate way too High in the KITCHEN
Productive and Fun Work Place
Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXFebruary 28, 2019
I have enjoyed the time i have spent working at Pinstack. Working there has taught me so much and has helped me grow into a better person. Pinstack has great people and everyone there is extremely nice.
Okay
Group Host (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 26, 2019
Not that great. Management was disorganized but the job was easy. The biggest problem would be the inconsistency in scheduling and no system in place at all.
Productive, Positive atmosphere, great training, and Career advancement
Fun Manager (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXJanuary 24, 2019
A typical day for me consists of monitoring the operations of the game-room, bowling, and food and beverage side of the business. During this process I interact with all of the guest and team members to ensure that everything inside of the facility is up to operational standards. My goal each day is to ensure that the company standards are being met from the parking lot being cleaned all the way to seeing if there is any issues with any gaming, kitchen, bowling related items so that we can ensure the quality of our operation is meeting guest satisfaction. This company has taught me so much about time management, being more organize, promoting from within the company, inventory and budget management and controlling labor. The most enjoying part of my job is being able to learn different aspects of the business but also I was able to train others to start them on their career path in the PINSTACK world.
Pros
Free lunches for salaried managers, 401K, Health benefits, Awards and Recognition, Vacation time, compensation for travel and company laptop provided for department managers
how I felt about working at Pinstack
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXSeptember 18, 2018
when I first started working at Pinstack it was amazing, but I soon realized that the management was terrible. One manager would tell me one thing and another would get say not to do that etc. They had their favorite workers, and treated them way better then they would treat me or certain employees. I worked so hard for Pinstack and my work never got noticed. But the most enjoyable part of working there was some of the employees I worked with. They made working there fun and I loved coming to work.
Pros
fun employees and free bowlings when not busy
Cons
management, favoritism
Seasonal Job
TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 9, 2018
Like any other bowling house or arcade, expected have no weekends off and to work on random hours. Your advancement is dependant on how quick you can pick up the training and on your attitude.
Pros
Free bowling and video games
Cons
slow advancement, low wages
The break room
Server (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXSeptember 2, 2018
The break room was always a place to destress followed by laughter by workmates. The food was delicious so every time on break or in between rounds of no guests, we would eat and enjoy the food given.
My co-workers made it all worthwhile in the end .
Ride Operator (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 6, 2018
Pinstack is a place to go if you are a “speak when spoken to” kind of person . They don’t take light to speaking ones opinions and often times our needs are pushed to the side . As long as the company is making money .
Pros
Discounted lunch, free hour of bowling, employee game cards
Cons
Horrible management, no hours, inconsistency
good place to work as long as your not a tech
Bowling Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 24, 2018
loved the atmosphere and the other employees. the job didn't work out for me as my manager just wanted to bring all of his old crew back in to the tech department. Promised multiple things that never happened and that rubbed me the wrong way. he played favorites and as I sated wanted to get rid of everyone and bring as many people from his old crew that he could. Hired a new guy and just instantly gave him my shift without asking and instantly switched me to nights without an type of warning and I never closed before. At the time that was a major deal because I lived an hour away and had only one ride to work as she worked down the street from me. so the hour shift made it really hard to get to work and show up on time. Cut my hours down from fulltime to part time without warning. promised raises and things were going to change and they didn't. all in all its a very good company to work for they love there employees but the manger over the techs is what rubbed me the wrong way
First real job, met great people.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 12, 2018
There were many things done in my role as a cashier in a bowling/gameroom area. The hours I worked were usually pretty late and I gained a lot of leadership skills.
Learning Experience
Game Room Attendant/Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 6, 2018
A busy day at work would consist of me getting everyone to their assigned attraction that they'd be working. As everyone was at there designated attraction , I would roam the floor and interact with the guest. I would make sure everything was okay throughout the gameroom. Id restock if Items were low and help team members at attractions if they needed it. I rotated them out occasionally and ran the breaks.
If anything , I gained customer service skills. Having to interact with customers from all age rangers taught me how to deal with people in a certain manner, The management is poor and inconsistent. There is always a new manager every month. They really dont even do anything , they are just there really.
The hardest part of the job is probably having to run a certain attraction by yourself. At times itd get really busy but we would be understaffed so that was always a problem.
The most enjoyable part of the job were interacting with the kids. I have definitely met some outstanding kids. Also , just being with the team members i work with.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
No recognition, low pay
great friendly place to work
Ride Operator/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 8, 2018
great place to work it has its good and bad times at times but overall a good place to start a career not to rely on it as a everyday job because it sucks and so does the pay
Unorganized and poor employee treatment
Game Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 26, 2018
Had to work extra hours due to lack of employees, and did not receive fair compensation for work done. Employees are seriously underpaid for the job especially in the game room.
Pros
Half of food
Cons
overall just bad place
Bowl and bite
Cashier Host/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXMarch 6, 2018
Only part time so a review from me won’t be too good. 8$ as a high school student was rough and hard to work around hours even when said couldn’t work weekdays
Pros
Free bowling
Cons
Poor management, dosent listen to hours
They don't care about base level emplyees
Server, Trainer (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 20, 2018
I worked there for a while and made a lot of money as a server, was on track for roughly 80-90k for the year, Although they then over hired and no one made money anymore, you make it to management by knowing the owners, and anyone else is replaceable cannon fodder. Other than that i made a lot of money there and it kind of was worth the return
Fun and fast paced environment
Shift Supervisor/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 12, 2018
The environment at Pinstack was overall enjoyable. My days consisted of paper work and making sure employees are there and on time. My job there was not limited to my job title, I worked in any department that was in need of my help because at Pinstack, teamwork is everything and how we would get through our days. I learned the certain programs we used that I did not know before including but not limited to excel, outlook, etc. Management and my fellow co workers were fantastic and we all worked well together. The hardest part of the job was handling the busy days with a short staff but that was also my most enjoyable part of the job because being busy and stressed is how I work best.
Pros
Free bowling, half off food, unlimited play cards
Cons
short breaks, no health benefits, hard to advance