PINSTACK Employee Reviews in Plano, TX

Made the Best of it
Kitchen Lead/Expediter (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 15, 2019
This place Was Horrible Experience General Manager Was A Glory Hound Would hire anybody off the street with no experience Don't get me wrong I understand U have to start somewhere But at least have a little culinary skills
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Free Food
Hard working young people
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 14, 2019
Employees were very happy and gracious in their work routine...corporate Chef seemed easy to get along with ...and very helpful..corporate staff and management all and all were good..enjoyed working side by side with many managers..wasn't there long enough to really be able to advance..turnover rate with employees seemed way too high!! Do hope the best for a growing company as Pinstack
Pros
Friendly and Hardworking staff
Cons
Employee turnover rate way too High in the KITCHEN
Okay
Group Host (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 26, 2019
Not that great. Management was disorganized but the job was easy. The biggest problem would be the inconsistency in scheduling and no system in place at all.
Seasonal Job
TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 9, 2018
Like any other bowling house or arcade, expected have no weekends off and to work on random hours. Your advancement is dependant on how quick you can pick up the training and on your attitude.
Pros
Free bowling and video games
Cons
slow advancement, low wages
My co-workers made it all worthwhile in the end .
Ride Operator (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 6, 2018
Pinstack is a place to go if you are a “speak when spoken to” kind of person . They don’t take light to speaking ones opinions and often times our needs are pushed to the side . As long as the company is making money .
Pros
Discounted lunch, free hour of bowling, employee game cards
Cons
Horrible management, no hours, inconsistency
good place to work as long as your not a tech
Bowling Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 24, 2018
loved the atmosphere and the other employees. the job didn't work out for me as my manager just wanted to bring all of his old crew back in to the tech department. Promised multiple things that never happened and that rubbed me the wrong way. he played favorites and as I sated wanted to get rid of everyone and bring as many people from his old crew that he could. Hired a new guy and just instantly gave him my shift without asking and instantly switched me to nights without an type of warning and I never closed before. At the time that was a major deal because I lived an hour away and had only one ride to work as she worked down the street from me. so the hour shift made it really hard to get to work and show up on time. Cut my hours down from fulltime to part time without warning. promised raises and things were going to change and they didn't. all in all its a very good company to work for they love there employees but the manger over the techs is what rubbed me the wrong way
First real job, met great people.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 12, 2018
There were many things done in my role as a cashier in a bowling/gameroom area. The hours I worked were usually pretty late and I gained a lot of leadership skills.
Learning Experience
Game Room Attendant/Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 6, 2018
A busy day at work would consist of me getting everyone to their assigned attraction that they'd be working. As everyone was at there designated attraction , I would roam the floor and interact with the guest. I would make sure everything was okay throughout the gameroom. Id restock if Items were low and help team members at attractions if they needed it. I rotated them out occasionally and ran the breaks.
If anything , I gained customer service skills. Having to interact with customers from all age rangers taught me how to deal with people in a certain manner, The management is poor and inconsistent. There is always a new manager every month. They really dont even do anything , they are just there really.
The hardest part of the job is probably having to run a certain attraction by yourself. At times itd get really busy but we would be understaffed so that was always a problem.
The most enjoyable part of the job were interacting with the kids. I have definitely met some outstanding kids. Also , just being with the team members i work with.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
No recognition, low pay
great friendly place to work
Ride Operator/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 8, 2018
great place to work it has its good and bad times at times but overall a good place to start a career not to rely on it as a everyday job because it sucks and so does the pay
Unorganized and poor employee treatment
Game Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 26, 2018
Had to work extra hours due to lack of employees, and did not receive fair compensation for work done. Employees are seriously underpaid for the job especially in the game room.
Pros
Half of food
Cons
overall just bad place
They don't care about base level emplyees
Server, Trainer (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 20, 2018
I worked there for a while and made a lot of money as a server, was on track for roughly 80-90k for the year, Although they then over hired and no one made money anymore, you make it to management by knowing the owners, and anyone else is replaceable cannon fodder. Other than that i made a lot of money there and it kind of was worth the return
Fun and fast paced environment
Shift Supervisor/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 12, 2018
The environment at Pinstack was overall enjoyable. My days consisted of paper work and making sure employees are there and on time. My job there was not limited to my job title, I worked in any department that was in need of my help because at Pinstack, teamwork is everything and how we would get through our days. I learned the certain programs we used that I did not know before including but not limited to excel, outlook, etc. Management and my fellow co workers were fantastic and we all worked well together. The hardest part of the job was handling the busy days with a short staff but that was also my most enjoyable part of the job because being busy and stressed is how I work best.
Pros
Free bowling, half off food, unlimited play cards
Cons
short breaks, no health benefits, hard to advance
Food Industry Nonsense
Server (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 5, 2018
Usual serving duties, however the management was terrible in my personal opinion. These are the kinds of managers who will tell you you're incompetent and unnecessary because they can hire 10 more people just like you. Had a sous chef yell & cuss at me thinking i made a mistake ( only to find out later it was someone else and I was doing my best to help him rectify it) and no action was taken against him, rather I was the one who was chastened for not "defusing" the situation.
Ran like an event center
Head Bartender (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 13, 2017
Corporate and upper management ran the place like an event center (witch works for half the building but not the other half) preferring to attack symptoms of actual problems; not the source
Big long term investment
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 12, 2017
I'm remaining at this job because of the possible of growing more, so far everything is working. I want to move up so I'm working Hard to achieve a personal goal.
Poor staffing and poor management
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 13, 2017
When I was an employee, the management was very poor to their employees. The employees themselves were mostly high school students that didn't understand responsibility yet and often called out of work simply because they didn't want to work; leaving others to take their place, often working doubles. They hired anyone that filled out an application, although I don't blame them because they just opened recently and management was still new. So I don't have an accurate judgement due to my employment timing.
Pros
half off really good food for lunches
Cons
short breaks often cut shorter due to employees being needed
Fun work environment
Team Lead/ Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 24, 2017
Setting up parties as needed.
I've learned a lot about the management part of the business.
management is great very understanding.
Work culture is fun unique.
making sure everything is done right for the parties and meeting the parties expectations.
Getting to know your teammates and building such a fun team.
Pros
50% off food, Free Bowling, Free games
Cons
Long shifts
Good workspace with little to no room for advancement
Bowling Lane Attendant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 16, 2016
I worked for this company for over 1 year and i loved working there. Just wish that there was any opportunity while i was there for me to advance into a more important position. Work hours do drag on but if you can power through it, its really rewarding.
Pros
50% off Meals
Cons
1 break only, lots of down time during weekdays
Very unprofessional
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 3, 2016
Began to work there when it first opened, everything started out a bit rough as most new places are. It began to get better as more months passed and a constant flow was set up by the managers. After managers began to quit, bartenders and servers were put into management positions and began to have the same issues they had when first opened. Fired all but two bussers including myself, when requested off they'd tell me to "find someone to cover my shift" even though the other associate was already working the same days as I would, even though managers were told many times to hire more bussers.
Pros
Free bowling
Cons
No breaks, no one to cover shifts
Great work environment.
Lane Attendant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 29, 2016
The workplace was fast-paced and a fun environment. It was a bowling alley/game room with its own restaurant which is amazing. The co-workers were all fairly good workers and varied as different types of team members. The best part was playing in the game room at the end of the day when the business was closed. The managers were all great leaders.
Pros
Free Bowling/Gaming
Cons
Many guests to tend to which could be very difficult.