PINSTACK Employee Reviews

Fun and fast paced environment
Shift Supervisor/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 12, 2018
The environment at Pinstack was overall enjoyable. My days consisted of paper work and making sure employees are there and on time. My job there was not limited to my job title, I worked in any department that was in need of my help because at Pinstack, teamwork is everything and how we would get through our days. I learned the certain programs we used that I did not know before including but not limited to excel, outlook, etc. Management and my fellow co workers were fantastic and we all worked well together. The hardest part of the job was handling the busy days with a short staff but that was also my most enjoyable part of the job because being busy and stressed is how I work best.
Pros
Free bowling, half off food, unlimited play cards
Cons
short breaks, no health benefits, hard to advance
Food Industry Nonsense
Server (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 5, 2018
Usual serving duties, however the management was terrible in my personal opinion. These are the kinds of managers who will tell you you're incompetent and unnecessary because they can hire 10 more people just like you. Had a sous chef yell & cuss at me thinking i made a mistake ( only to find out later it was someone else and I was doing my best to help him rectify it) and no action was taken against him, rather I was the one who was chastened for not "defusing" the situation.
Worst place ever
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 17, 2017
The management is a complete joke and the HR woman is complete trash. They work you like a dog and you barely get paid more than minimum wage. Again, management is a joke and they are not qualified. They need to get real people who have degrees and not somebody they found on the street. DONT EVER WORK HERE!!!! They treat you like trash. DONT EVER WORK HERE!!!!
Pros
Cons
Management, hours, respect
Ran like an event center
Head Bartender (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 13, 2017
Corporate and upper management ran the place like an event center (witch works for half the building but not the other half) preferring to attack symptoms of actual problems; not the source
Big long term investment
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 12, 2017
I'm remaining at this job because of the possible of growing more, so far everything is working. I want to move up so I'm working Hard to achieve a personal goal.
Poor staffing and poor management
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 13, 2017
When I was an employee, the management was very poor to their employees. The employees themselves were mostly high school students that didn't understand responsibility yet and often called out of work simply because they didn't want to work; leaving others to take their place, often working doubles. They hired anyone that filled out an application, although I don't blame them because they just opened recently and management was still new. So I don't have an accurate judgement due to my employment timing.
Pros
half off really good food for lunches
Cons
short breaks often cut shorter due to employees being needed
Fun work environment
Team Lead/ Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 24, 2017
Setting up parties as needed.
I've learned a lot about the management part of the business.
management is great very understanding.
Work culture is fun unique.
making sure everything is done right for the parties and meeting the parties expectations.
Getting to know your teammates and building such a fun team.
Pros
50% off food, Free Bowling, Free games
Cons
Long shifts
Good workspace with little to no room for advancement
Bowling Lane Attendant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 16, 2016
I worked for this company for over 1 year and i loved working there. Just wish that there was any opportunity while i was there for me to advance into a more important position. Work hours do drag on but if you can power through it, its really rewarding.
Pros
50% off Meals
Cons
1 break only, lots of down time during weekdays
Very unprofessional
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 3, 2016
Began to work there when it first opened, everything started out a bit rough as most new places are. It began to get better as more months passed and a constant flow was set up by the managers. After managers began to quit, bartenders and servers were put into management positions and began to have the same issues they had when first opened. Fired all but two bussers including myself, when requested off they'd tell me to "find someone to cover my shift" even though the other associate was already working the same days as I would, even though managers were told many times to hire more bussers.
Pros
Free bowling
Cons
No breaks, no one to cover shifts
Great work environment.
Lane Attendant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 29, 2016
The workplace was fast-paced and a fun environment. It was a bowling alley/game room with its own restaurant which is amazing. The co-workers were all fairly good workers and varied as different types of team members. The best part was playing in the game room at the end of the day when the business was closed. The managers were all great leaders.
Pros
Free Bowling/Gaming
Cons
Many guests to tend to which could be very difficult.