PINZ Employee Reviews

Literally the worst, dont waste your time.
Server, Bartender (Current Employee) –  Oakdale, MNJuly 15, 2019
When I first started people treated me like I was an outcast.
No one would talk to me unless they had to and everyone was in their little group so I was the outsider.
The management doesnt know how to schedule people correctly and most of the time we ended up understaffed.
Imagine it being your first day out of training and having an entire bar and dining room to run by yourself with no food runner, no busser, and management is too busy smoking cigarettes or smoking pot outside with coworkers or hiding in their offices to come and help you, so your tips are awful and your guests are angry.
There is no coordination and a bunch of drama with people who talk about you behind your back and talk about each other.
There's no opportunities to move up either. Especially if you're not brown nosing your managers and in with the popular kids.
Doesnt matter how well you do your job.
Dont waste your time. You wont make any money, and if you do, itll literally only be because of pool leagues or bowling leagues and you'll have to basically kill yourself to make a quick buck.
Save yourself the drama, the stress and the anxiety and dont work here. They also make every server bartend as well. So even if you dont have bartending experience, you get thrown to the wolves and are expected to know exactly what you're doing or they'll literally talk about you behind your back and say you're stupid.
I witnessed this quite a few times with new hires over the course of me being employed here.
I myself didn't have that issue however because I already had bartending experience and plenty
  more... of it.
They say their a family like environment and that everyone is close. Yea... they're close drinking buddies. Misery loves company people, misery loves company.
Cons
No breaks, no healthcare, awful pay, terrible management, they hire awful people.
It was a great place to work they have bowling, Huge arcade, laser tag and much much more.
Prep Cook/ Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 2, 2019
Start off getting with unloading the delivery truck and rotation of stock, and then start to portion food items for broiling, frying,sauteing, or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
Pros
Discounted bowling, free meal
Cons
we could were shorts and free pop
Boring. lack of direction
SALES MANAGER ANDERSON COMPANIES DBA PINZ (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, MNSeptember 20, 2018
Ownership not very communicative. No regular feedback. No review of work and no feedback about sales successes. Overall a boring place to work. Two brothers inherited business from father. Don't think they ever worked in their lives. place full of security cameras. No trust it seems from the owners.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No communication
No Structure and No Faith in Employees
Events Manager (Former Employee) –  Studio City, CAJune 19, 2018
Management is completely unorganized. They change the "mission" from day to day.

Absolutely no follow through or support from upper managers. Promised bonuses never actually given as well as promised commissions.
Fun place
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Amherst, MAJune 18, 2018
Great place, somewhat overstaffed. Otherwise, decently priced food and therefore you can expect decent tips. The kitchen is very well organized, and all managers work to get food out the door.
Pros
discount on some food
Cons
no sitting during the week, no breaks
Fun exciting fast paced environment
Shift Lead Bowling Desk (Current Employee) –  Oakdale, MNJanuary 3, 2018
Its fast paced but rewarding. Fridays and Saturdays is the busiest days so expect to work and make money. Everyone is there to have a good time, so its expected you will have a good time as well.
Pros
40% off food. Bowling, Lazertag discounts.
Cons
No breaks, understaffed.
Fun place to work
Party Host (Current Employee) –  Oakdale, MNNovember 3, 2017
I love working at pinz its really fun and interesting. I also love the benefits i got like free bowling and free lazer tag. And there food is amazing. And i also love my boss.
Pros
Free bowling
Cons
Low pay
Arcade Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oakdale, MN 55128June 11, 2017
Pinz's management was very unorganized and communication between employees was not there. Bad management such as Scheduling. There is not much benefits either such as holiday pays or vacations.
Pros
Employee play for free
Cons
clean,fun work place,a lots of fun entertainment,overall a great place to work
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Oakdale, MNMay 29, 2017
when i get to work start cleaning everything and find out new things that need to be done speak with manager if there is anything special that need to be done.fast passed and well communicated,closing at the end of the night.my co-workers are very fun to work with.
Pros
free meal when working shift when not working 40% off meals and drinks, also it is a clean work space and friendly co-workers
Cons
no health care
No Benniez
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsNovember 6, 2016
Was told there would be benifits but there are none. No health, no vacation, no direct deposit. Took this job and paycut on false pretenses. Job and environment are always changing. Mangement is touch and go. Buyer beware, do your homework. Faces change a lot here.
Cons
A great place that helped me gain wonderful experience.
Part Owner (Former Employee) –  La Habra, CAFebruary 3, 2016
I at the age of 18 was part owner of this small business. It gave me wonderful experience. I had one on one customer care which I loved.
Outstanding place
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Oakdale, MNOctober 22, 2013
Get in do dailey cleaning duties, wait for any calls for Arcade or Pinsetters and fix the issue. Lots of things can break down which makes it interesting to work there. It is a fun place to work the management is great.
Cons
No benefits and not full time
Normal bowling alley
Mechanic/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIOctober 13, 2012
Night hours, management could use work. Friendly co-workers