Pioneer Credit Recovery Employee Reviews

Good place to work and decent pay but little to no opportunity for advancement.
Sr. Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arcade, NYJuly 15, 2019
If you hit your goals you will get paid well. If you stay for a while the PTO and flex scheduling will be very nice. The only problem I have is that they are not looking to promote very often.
Highs and lows
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York StateJuly 2, 2019
When you are having a good month and hitting goals, there is no more exciting, fun, and rewarding place to work. My first manager was an amazing and inspiring lady. I felt very motivated by her and my team.
But god forbid you need a sick day or you fail to hit goal, a shame culture kicks in. Cut-throat competitiveness is rewarded. Some upper management felt heavy handed. The stress is palpable.
its ok
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJJune 25, 2019
was an ok place to work sucked that soon as i left they received a hug raise, too man bosses and not enough employee's everybody wants to be in charge
Productive work place, competitive compensation, involved management
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Perry, NYJune 19, 2019
EOE, productive work place, fun work activities depending on contract placement, involved management, tight knit team development, competitive compensation
Pros
Bonus opportunity, healthcare
Cons
Short breaks, scheduling requirements
Lies and False Promises
Collector I (Former Employee) –  Perry, NYJune 5, 2019
I would highly recommend staying away from this company. Don't even touch it with a ten-foot pole even. It's nothing but lies, deception, favoritism, and drama.

In training, you meet with the executive management team in the building for a Q&A. I asked them personally if you can get fired for performance because PCR has gotten a bad rep for the high turnover rate. Straight to my face, they responded: "No, you cannot get fired for performance". Once we got out on the floor, a manager does a motivational class for new-hires and proceeds to go on and state management "lied to you about termination due to performance to not steer you away in the beginning".

When you graduate from training and proceed to work on the floor, a lot of the things you learned in training, I was told to throw out the window! There is a deep disconnect between the training department and the floor on how to go about properly doing things. Makes you feel like a lot of the training you did was redundant and a complete waste of time.

When you finally are on the floor, you get assigned to a team. In the beginning, they welcome you and try to make you feel comfortable. Afterward, I began to get a sense that the atmosphere is very toxic and indicative of how it's about yourself, instead of it being team-focused as they tell you when you get to the floor. There was a lot of favoritism between my manager/team lead and certain individuals on the team. At times, there was even drama. Overall, it was a very taxing, toxic, and negative environment to be in.

When you do not perform and get
  more... better, you get put into a meeting with the Operations Manager in your part of the building, and basically, they (along with your manager) give you an ultimatum. Either you voluntarily quit and walk out of the building peacefully, or they would watch you work like a hound dog on a steak until your termination recommendation paperwork came back approved from HR.

Overall, management is what makes this job stressful, intimidating, and depressing. Lying to new-hires about job security, disconnect/lack of understanding between training and management, favoritism and toxic environments, favoritism towards certain employees, disrespect towards employees, I would not recommend working here at all.
Pros
Benefits, Salary
Cons
Poor Management/HR, Favoritism, Lying and Deception, Toxic Environment
Don't work here
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Perry, NYJune 1, 2019
No raises given, poor coverage for health insurance and it cost a lot. No flexibility. And bonus structure when I was there was set up so that if it was a good month and more people hit goal less bonuses were given individually. So the company made a lot more money but didn't have to pay the reps much. If everyone hit goal no one got a good bonus.
Pros
If
Cons
Bonus structure, healthcare
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Arcade, NY 14009May 21, 2019
Just like with any job show up do your work and go home. People here are great to work with. Management for the most part is great, if you succeed they succeed and that mean money in everyone's pocket. It is collections and can be very stressful but at the end of the month the bonus check is worth it This company always has something going to keep moral up from company picnics to individual team lunch in's contests to win things etc...
Pros
money, incentives
Cons
stressful
Corporate office
Collections Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMay 13, 2019
Good office job.. typical office gossip and bs but if you can get through that, decent $$ for the work. Bonuses every month, benefits.. pretty stable as long as your attendance us on point
Pros
Bonuses, raises each year, benefits, set schedule
Cons
Supervisors, state inconsistent but ultimately in charge
It's what you expect
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Perry, NYMarch 14, 2019
Pioneer is a structured work environment. If you do the work laid out for you, you will be successful. I took this job because my household needed extra income and that was perfect for me. If you go in with a bad attitude, you'll most likely have a bad day, but if you focus on the positive and have a good disposition, you're very likely to be successful.
Pros
Salary, bonuses
Cons
Exposure to rude customers
Solid compensation, but job isn't for everyone
Debt Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arcade, NYMarch 5, 2019
You can make good money at this company, but the work isn't for everyone. Very competitive and stressful. The managers I had were great as were most of the co-workers.
For the birds
Collector (Former Employee) –  Arcade, NYFebruary 25, 2019
I previously worked for PCR & it seemingly was a good place to work. One of the only places to work if you live in Arcade, NY. Pay was ok, hours long. Nothing but old booze hags that talked drama all day. Everyone was great from training to transition, until it came to placing you on a team, in which you did not feel welcomed. I resigned months down the line, and let them know with ample amount of time my new address to recieve my W2. No problem. Until its February 25th & still no W2. Oh yes, I recieved a packed from them in no regaurds to my requested docs. With having heard numerous excuses & left multiple messages, I guess I'll call the IRS.
Pros
Hearing team leads/managers gossip all day
Cons
Not having issues addressed
Decent job to have
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJFebruary 12, 2019
Co workers were good, pay was just increased. Prior to income increase the pay was not acceptable. They have a weird point system and should have a vacation time and pto separately
People
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arcade, NYFebruary 11, 2019
The people that work there are amazing to work with. There is too much management ome manager tells you one thing then the other tells you another. Sometimes there is not clear direction given.
Pros
Great pay. Flexiable schedule
Cons
Poor managmeny
Pioneer Credit Recovery / Navient
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Moorestown, NJJanuary 23, 2019
PCR/Navient is a great place to start off your career in customer service as a collector, however the compensation for the employees is severely lacking. Although the working environment and management are also great qualities, the lack of opportunities for growth results in employees looking elsewhere.
Pros
Job security, bonuses, fun enviroment
Cons
Low base pay, no room for growth
Very poor management
Customer Service/Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Arcade, NYDecember 26, 2018
Management does not listen to any suggestions. While the hourly rate is good the monthly bonuses get less and less each year. Workplace environment is like your worst high school memories with everyone divided into their own cliques.
Great starter job
Collection Specialist Representative (Current Employee) –  Perry, NYOctober 12, 2018
I would recommend this job to kids coming out of high school or those going to college due to flexible shifts. For the most part management is great and very understanding. I would not recommend this job to someone who doesn’t do well under pressure or takes things to heart.
Pros
Scheduale flexability
Cons
Inability to grow within the company
Great place if you like a challenge.
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Perry, NYSeptember 13, 2018
I worked there for a little over a year. It’s a great company with lots of benefits, paid time off, bonus potential, and a great work environment for some. It can be stressful and not somewhere to go if you can’t separate work and home. 12 an hour to start with and can get a few cents raise every year. Not much room for advancement lately.
Pros
Hour lunches, only some saturdays required, flexible hours, time off.
Cons
Goal oriented, stressful, customers often rude, not paid as well as other collection places.
Great Job to start out with!
Credit Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDSeptember 11, 2018
I learned a lot about customer service and how to work in a fast paced call center environment while working here. The pay was really good for entry level and the management staff was very helpful.
Great place, competitive environment
Senior Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Perry, NYSeptember 4, 2018
I loved it there. Everyone was generally pretty nice even though it's a very competitive work environment. Theres always people willing to help improve your skills and help you reach your potential
Pros
Bonuses, scheduling
Cons
Have to be willing to be nosey and feel guilt free
Company that gives back to the community
Senior Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arcade, NYAugust 10, 2018
Good place to work if you are focused and competitive. You have to learn to be thick skinned, once you get comfortable with the position the sky is the limit.
Pros
Potential to earn bonuses
Cons
Working evenings and one Saturday per month