Pioneer Energy Services
Happiness rating is 73 out of 100

Pioneer Energy Services Employee Reviews

United States105 reviews

rigoilsafetycompanybenefitgoodfamilypay

Great local management in Williston ND. Great place to work in ND. Terrible upper management.

Great training and teaching environment for all. Overall our growth was hampered by upper management. The best local management I ever worked for. Closed down now.

Pros

Training, people, work environment

Cons

Upper management

Good company to work for, lots of support, high energy, treated with respect.

I enjoyed my time at Pioneer. Good group of men working on the rigs. They took care of you with support and respect. If you work hard you will succeed.

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

Times can get tough on the rig but that's every rig anywhere.

Pioneer Energy Services insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues

Coil Tubing Division-Could of been good

They had the right idea but didn't give it time to come to fruition, plus didn't invest properly in new equipment instead spend WAY to much money on used equipment.

Pros

Worked with some good people from many different backgrounds

Cons

Missing the TEAM vibe that oilfield service company needs

People

Great place to work for....love the people, easy going. Highlights are the health medical retirement pay time off compensation and other benefits that employees receive. Nice Place to work.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Short breaks

Overall horribly run

The culture is show up and collect a check. No one cares. Management lacks organization/process/leadership. Hard work is unappreciated. The hardest working guys never get raises, or promotions. In fact they get laid off first. Promises for training and advancement lead nowhere.

Pros

Better than being unemployed.

Cons

Non existent training, bad supervisors who sit in their trucks all shift, anyone who works hard is viewed as a threat and laid off first or not promoted or trained.

It's simple; if you are familiar with the oilfield culture and that some jobs do require living away from home for 7 to 14 days at a time and everything in your life is in order, go for it.

Pros

One can earn a sufficient enough living here to raise a family within their means

Cons

There will be times of elevated stress dealing with hazardous conditions and unpredictable events, lookout for your fellow worker and they will do the same for you

management sucks

people are good office personnel and managers are liars and back stabbers , lowest paying workover company i,ve worked for . they preach safety and dont practice it

Pros

good money

Cons

management

Good job and money

Good job and pay just be ready to work hard and miss alot because of your work schedule...work 2 weeks off 2 weeks but I would still be there if it wasn't for covid-19 and the oild prices dropping

Pros

Great money

Cons

Its the oil field

Good company

Work-life balanceIt's great , just hard workPay & benefitsGreat benefitsJob security and advancementIf your not in the click , your just a handManagementLocal management in some yards is badOverallI work for them 10 years , I was a rig supervisor out of liberty tx , at times was a terrific company , but then you get on the bad side of the manager and it all goes downhill

Great company to work for.

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Pioneer Energy Services is great 2 on 2 off schedule.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Pioneer Energy Services competitive with most drilling companies.Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at Pioneer Energy Services, I think up and down like most drilling companies.ManagementIn general, managers at Pioneer Energy Services knowledge and professional.OverallMy experience working at Pioneer Energy Services has been great.

poor management.

Was a great job at first. Then management was changed and it kept going down hill. No communication no guidance. Horrible pay compared to others Allways on call and never could make plans. Horrible place to work.

Pros

Coworker

Cons

Pile of do do company lol around.

great pay an benefits, but normal corporate based O&G company.

great pay an benefits, but normal corporate based O&G company.Your a number, and if your number is high then your closer to chopping block when times are tough.

Good company, tough market

Thoroughly enjoyed my time with Pioneer. They have a solid management team and treated me wonderfully. Unfortunately, due to the pandemic and subsequent massive decline in oil prices, they had to eliminate my position.

Pros

People

Cons

Commodity pricing

bad management not good

bad management all about the company employees come second jaut do your job and keep quiet dont be the person they dislike just stick to yourself and do tour job

Pros

na

Cons

na

Let down

I had drilled for them before. Was told I'd advance back up ladder quickly. Had trouble w my drilled and that led to R.m. developing a dislike for me and led to my to dismissal.

very good company

management is good, they look out for their employees, always had the proper equipment and access to everything needed to perform the job at hand. Plenty of opportunity to advance in the company.

What I learned

Pioneer Well Services is a great place to work. I enjoyed 7 years of my life working hard for them. The management was among the best I have ever worked for.

Money is good, Wireline division has poor management.

The wireline division has poor management and makes decisions based on what is best for them personally. These decisions are bad for the company and bad for the people who are out in the field generating the revenue. The only reason people continue to be employed in the wireline division at Pioneer is because the pay is good.

Wonderful co workers

Good Company to work for. Great health insurance benefits. I had a great work schedule with time off to spend with the family and was able to plan ahead.

productive work place

long hours fast pasted.....team effort to get the job done.....accomplish the goal at hand......to see the finished product of the well pumping and producing oil or gas is a positive.......

Outstanding management and great support anytime of day. Safety and well being of employees comes first. Lots of experienced truly professional friendly employees.

Common questions about Pioneer Energy Services

Answered by current and former employees at Pioneer Energy Services

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pioneer Energy Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits