Pioneer Energy Services
72Above average

Pioneer Energy Services Employee Reviews

United States91 reviews
I had drilled for them before. Was told I'd advance back up ladder quickly. Had trouble w my drilled and that led to R.m. developing a dislike for me and led to my to dismissal.
management is good, they look out for their employees, always had the proper equipment and access to everything needed to perform the job at hand. Plenty of opportunity to advance in the company.
Pioneer Well Services is a great place to work. I enjoyed 7 years of my life working hard for them. The management was among the best I have ever worked for.
The wireline division has poor management and makes decisions based on what is best for them personally. These decisions are bad for the company and bad for the people who are out in the field generating the revenue. The only reason people continue to be employed in the wireline division at Pioneer is because the pay is good.
Good Company to work for. Great health insurance benefits. I had a great work schedule with time off to spend with the family and was able to plan ahead.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
long hours fast pasted.....team effort to get the job done.....accomplish the goal at hand......to see the finished product of the well pumping and producing oil or gas is a positive.......
Outstanding management and great support anytime of day.
Safety and well being of employees comes first.

Lots of experienced truly professional friendly employees.
The oil & gas industry is a up & down field to work in & after 16yrs I was laid off because of the economy. I moved from accounts payable to staff accountant to tax accountant in my 16yrs there.
Fair pay good benefits great local management upper management could use some help oilfield is an unstable beast but can make a great career for some
Required to be at the shop on time and begin working on any project we have going on in the shop at the time. When jobs call in you would go get the correct tools ready for said job. And get them loaded on a truck and be ready to leave for the job at specified location and always on time
Company has excellent benefits and 401k. I have had the opportunity to advance with my years there. But the job security is totally dependant on the market. Down turns happen as well as layoffs. You are working in the elements. We don't shut down for weather except lighting.
Pros
Benefits and time at home
Cons
Time away from family missed holidays etc
Local Management are really good guys, but the management team running the company leaves a lot to be desired. I worked for the wireline division, and they completely failed to provide for maintenance of the fleet.
This company to such amazing care of their employees and never let them down and always stuck to their word and in forced safety precautions and work reated help
Worst company I have ever worked for in terms of management intelligence and expertise. I (as an engineer) could not get a regional manager to understand the difference between fixed and variable costs in wireline operations, open hole va cased hole. The company had a niche, which it filled admirably yet decided to abandon it leading to failure.
Pros
Their equipment, in trained hands, was pretty decent
Cons
Most of the staff were poorly trained and cared about paycheck, not job quality.
Pioneer was the absolute worst wireline company I have ever worked for and I've worked for some bad places. Management had favorites that were local that got every good job available while the out of state workers got the scraps. There was zero concern about your well being or home life and total concern about profit and manager bonus.
Good hands on training great attitude from employees. There is areas that need work as far as front office. Equipment in good working order but always something to do.
Really good company to work for up north pays great and the people are friendly work two weeks on two weeks off great opportunities and can easily move up..
This is one of the most reliable companies to work for they have a good medical insurance plan and plenty of work they take very serious your safety and
Good place good employees great equipment listen and willing to train and advance people bbbhhgghdhshdhhdhshzhzhzhhzhxhxhxhzhhzbzbzhxhhxhzhzhzhhzhzhzbsbhshzh
Pioneer is a great place for competitive pay
Great managers

Family oriented

Working here I feel like I am a vital part of the company and I feel like I am an important part of the company
Management was very willing to work with employees in times of need. Compensation for work and benefits outstanding. They really put their employees first. Had the oil field not gone into depression I would still be working there.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pioneer Energy Services. Our community is ready to answer.