Pioneer Energy Services logo
Pioneer Energy Services

Pioneer Energy Services Employee Reviews

Work-Life Balance

It's simple; if you are familiar with the oilfield culture and that some jobs do require living away from home for 7 to 14 days at a time and everything in your life is in order, go for it.

Pros

One can earn a sufficient enough living here to raise a family within their means

Cons

There will be times of elevated stress dealing with hazardous conditions and unpredictable events, lookout for your fellow worker and they will do the same for you

People

Great place to work for....love the people, easy going. Highlights are the health medical retirement pay time off compensation and other benefits that employees receive. Nice Place to work.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Short breaks

Overall horribly run

The culture is show up and collect a check. No one cares. Management lacks organization/process/leadership. Hard work is unappreciated. The hardest working guys never get raises, or promotions. In fact they get laid off first. Promises for training and advancement lead nowhere.

Pros

Better than being unemployed.

Cons

Non existent training, bad supervisors who sit in their trucks all shift, anyone who works hard is viewed as a threat and laid off first or not promoted or trained.

management sucks

people are good office personnel and managers are liars and back stabbers , lowest paying workover company i,ve worked for . they preach safety and dont practice it

Pros

good money

Cons

management

Good job and money

Good job and pay just be ready to work hard and miss alot because of your work schedule...work 2 weeks off 2 weeks but I would still be there if it wasn't for covid-19 and the oild prices dropping

Pros

Great money

Cons

Its the oil field

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Good company

Work-life balanceIt's great , just hard workPay & benefitsGreat benefitsJob security and advancementIf your not in the click , your just a handManagementLocal management in some yards is badOverallI work for them 10 years , I was a rig supervisor out of liberty tx , at times was a terrific company , but then you get on the bad side of the manager and it all goes downhill

Great company to work for.

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Pioneer Energy Services is great 2 on 2 off schedule.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Pioneer Energy Services competitive with most drilling companies.Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at Pioneer Energy Services, I think up and down like most drilling companies.ManagementIn general, managers at Pioneer Energy Services knowledge and professional.OverallMy experience working at Pioneer Energy Services has been great.

poor management.

Was a great job at first. Then management was changed and it kept going down hill. No communication no guidance. Horrible pay compared to others Allways on call and never could make plans. Horrible place to work.

Pros

Coworker

Cons

Pile of do do company lol around.

great pay an benefits, but normal corporate based O&G company.

great pay an benefits, but normal corporate based O&G company.Your a number, and if your number is high then your closer to chopping block when times are tough.

Good company, tough market

Thoroughly enjoyed my time with Pioneer. They have a solid management team and treated me wonderfully. Unfortunately, due to the pandemic and subsequent massive decline in oil prices, they had to eliminate my position.

Pros

People

Cons

Commodity pricing

Jobs at Pioneer Energy Services

See more jobs

bad management not good

bad management all about the company employees come second jaut do your job and keep quiet dont be the person they dislike just stick to yourself and do tour job

Pros

na

Cons

na

Let down

I had drilled for them before. Was told I'd advance back up ladder quickly. Had trouble w my drilled and that led to R.m. developing a dislike for me and led to my to dismissal.

very good company

management is good, they look out for their employees, always had the proper equipment and access to everything needed to perform the job at hand. Plenty of opportunity to advance in the company.

What I learned

Pioneer Well Services is a great place to work. I enjoyed 7 years of my life working hard for them. The management was among the best I have ever worked for.

Money is good, Wireline division has poor management.

The wireline division has poor management and makes decisions based on what is best for them personally. These decisions are bad for the company and bad for the people who are out in the field generating the revenue. The only reason people continue to be employed in the wireline division at Pioneer is because the pay is good.

Wonderful co workers

Good Company to work for. Great health insurance benefits. I had a great work schedule with time off to spend with the family and was able to plan ahead.

productive work place

long hours fast pasted.....team effort to get the job done.....accomplish the goal at hand......to see the finished product of the well pumping and producing oil or gas is a positive.......

Outstanding management and great support anytime of day. Safety and well being of employees comes first. Lots of experienced truly professional friendly employees.

Great people to work with

The oil & gas industry is a up & down field to work in & after 16yrs I was laid off because of the economy. I moved from accounts payable to staff accountant to tax accountant in my 16yrs there.

Good place

Fair pay good benefits great local management upper management could use some help oilfield is an unstable beast but can make a great career for some

A typical day at work

Required to be at the shop on time and begin working on any project we have going on in the shop at the time. When jobs call in you would go get the correct tools ready for said job. And get them loaded on a truck and be ready to leave for the job at specified location and always on time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pioneer Energy Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Pioneer Energy Services with