Pioneer Human Services Employee Reviews

Fun to work with the clients
Residential Treatment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WADecember 10, 2018
The hardest part about this job is sometime working with different personalities.
Management could be stressful at times. There workplace culture was to help others.
Not recommended-SCCC
Residential Treatment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, WAOctober 21, 2018
I would not recommend working for this company. The management is poor, they are not in line with their mission statement. Over worked, poorly managed and employees treated unfairly and inconsistently. Not a positive work culture or environment.
Productive work environment
Aerospace Quality Inspector II (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 25, 2018
I enjoyed working for Pioneer Human Services. It was a family like environment that made the work enjoyable. The staff was dedicated. We were an A team.
Pros
Extensive training
Despensible
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 18, 2018
they treat you poorly based on the fact that they are a second chance employer for felons and treat employees as such. You're expected to take certain treatment because it is harder for you to get gainful employment with most employers.
The program I worked under was unorganized
Dual Diagnosis Counselor (Former Employee) –  Kent, WASeptember 13, 2018
I worked inside the jail. I enjoyed the staff and client's but the program itself was not managed well. The supervisor found it difficult to make the hard decisions; which placed the staff in an awkward position.
Pros
Great oppertunity and experience
Cons
Poor management
Stressful
Medical Assistant, Internship (Former Employee) –  Sedro-Woolley, WASeptember 3, 2018
If you like working in a place with lots autonomy and stress then this place is for you. You are dealing with people with lots of issues. If you are not prepared for it, do not apply. If you are coming in with a judgemental attitude, do not apply. This place runs on how well of an employee you are. Management could use some help.
Medical assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sedro-Woolley, WAAugust 24, 2018
It was interesting working as a medical assistant at pioneer Human Services. Two days were never the same. It is a fairly simple job on paper, but it's a different story depending on what clients you have on the units, as well as what unit you are working on. The pay is not nearly worth all the verbal harassment you receive from the clients, so far as even having your life threatened or calling the police on clients for assult. If the pay was better there wouldn't be such high turnover.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Pay
horrible management
middle management (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 24, 2018
one of the most poorly run organizations i have ever encountered. staff training is non existent, unethical behavior runs rampant at senior leadership level and treatment of staff is abhorrent. if you are inept, incompetent or ineffective you'll love it there.
Nice place to work just do not get too relaxed.
Federal Resident Monitor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 12, 2018
There is time to chill for sure, as long as you get what is needed done, not to mention getting it done correctly. Your coworkers are on your team, just do not forget what you are suppose to be doing and the rules. You are watching over Federal Prisoners that will try to sneak right by your rules at every chance they get. They are not all the same people by any means and remember that ultimately you are there to help when possible. You might feel not all deserve your help but some most certainly do. Be stern but respectful and you will have respect shown to you, making your job so much easier. No matter how you feel you can accomplish your jobs duties in full.
exp to gain
Resident Monitor I (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 3, 2018
you learn to be on your toes with this job. Resident can try to con and do or say anything to bend you to their will. Just remember you don't serve them. You do what is asked of you by your employer not by the residents.
Pros
good benfits
Cons
crazy hours and high turn around
Stressful, grant funded non-profit
Vocational Specialist/Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 26, 2018
The culture was great. I worked for Workforce Development and it was stressful because it was ran by the grant. I loved the demographic of people cycling through the Warehouse but the random UA's was hostile . They pulled your name out of a machine and you had to do a UA. We worked in the business offices, not on the machines. They only put our name in the machine because they can't pulling up the same people every month. It was ridiculous. People were getting fired for Marijuana which made it big turnaround.
Helping clients is my main priority
Residential Treatment Specialist (Current Employee) –  201 Lila Ln, Burlington,wa 98233May 17, 2018
I love helping the clients detox and get their life backs in order, I answer the phones, document everything that happens with the clients arrange appointments and schedule appointment also call the cab to pick the clients up,
I was given a chance and gained work experience
Dishwasher/Back-up Driver (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 17, 2018
I went to work for pioneer human services because they allowed felons coming out of prison or jail to learn job skills and help them turn around and push them to live a positive life and am so much grateful for pioneer for showing me away to stay out of prison and jail. Even though being hired and getting minimum wage starting at 8.75 an hour. One is more happy about learning new positive life habits and work ethics to help you succeed and reach more goals to want a better life away from crime and help you to become a better person for your self. I was in prison for 16 years and if it wasn't for pioneer opening a new door for me I would have probably gone back because of having no job skills having it to make it impossible to get work
I recommend pioneer for anyone that wants to learn a job skill that desired to stay out from incarceration
Pros
Helpful with job training
Cons
You cant seek other help outside of pioneer
Chemical Dependency Professional Trainee.
Chemical Dependency Professional Trainee. (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 6, 2018
I was there with a great director and staff at the time, that can and did change. It is a good company for a starter positions. It is also a large company that can offer clients many things from housing to work and chemical dependency and mental health. One can get lost in the bureaucracy of company politics and attitudes. But over all a good company.
Pros
Great supervisor
Cons
Not knowing enough
Starter Job
Distribution Support I (Current Employee) –  Fife, WAApril 30, 2018
Good place to start in the Distribution warehouse jobs lack of training from Management when it gets really busy. Love the hours and the benefits are not bad.
Atmosphere
Residential Treatment Specialist (RTS) (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 11, 2018
During my employment with Pioneer, I felt I belonged to a family. As with families, we were not always 100% functional but we got through the rough parts and came out the other side better. We learned and grew from our mistakes and our accomplishments. We organized and re-organized, made charts and and graphs for improvement; some worked, some didn't; it was the effort behind it all. What a great place to work if you take the time to settle in and get to know each individual.
A good place to get started in work field
Production Assistant., Tech 1 (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 4, 2018
it was a good place to work. they had a good break area for lunch & computers to use when your on break. they had room for growth and the job was very fast pace.minimum room for error
Pros
Friendly work environment & computers in the break area
Cons
the dust from the job getting into your lungs
disorganized and horriblemanagement
Health Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sedro-Woolley, WAMarch 28, 2018
A typical day at work was stressful, disorganized and full of state violations. The building was full of black mold, the manager was not following procedure and expected other employees to brake rules also. we would get written up for her own mistakes. also after being hired they forgot to mention that they might be shut down. I would not recommend working at PCN
Positive Mission Statement, But With Poor Execution
CASE MANAGER, SPOKANE RESIDENTIAL REENTRY CENTER (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 27, 2018
Pioneer is a non-profit that has the best intentions. However, poor management, pay and company infrastructure lead to daily issues that are felt by both staff as well as program participants.
Programs frequently close, uncertain job security.
NAC Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 14, 2018
Excellent benefits including tuition reimbursement, 10 paid holidays, inexpensive health care with low deductibles. Pay is not competitive. Unstable funding for programs cause lay offs. Generous with trainings. The director at my facility, which is now closed, was fair, friendly, and an advocate to improve wages.
Pros
Healthcare and paid time off
Cons
Job security depends on program funding

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pioneer Human Services. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about