Pioneer Investments Employee Reviews

Great Company, Great People, Great Place to Work.
Senior Fund Accountant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 19, 2017
An Amazing company with great benefits. An informative training class was added while I was there. I enjoyed coming to work every day, and being around my co-worrkers. I learned many business tips while being a Senior Fund Accountant.
Management will stab you in the back
Regional Vice President (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 18, 2017
Management is all about themselves and not their employees. It used to be much different until they laid off all of the great employees they had and got a new head of Distribution in 2015.
Fast paced workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 15, 2017
Pioneer investments provides excellent training. Once you start working it can get very busy & stressful one day & not as busy the next. Pioneer let me go with no notice & I got a call from my staffing agency. It was odd that they let me go at the time they did, because a week earlier I became certified to work on retirement accounts.
Pros
Good training
Cons
No notice of leave
Poor management and culture
Client Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 26, 2017
The best part of working for Pioneer Investments was the extensive training that each CSR went through before starting the daily job. It was 6 weeks of training on different types of retirement, qualified, and non-qualified accounts, mutual funds, customer service, and IRS regulation. This training is knowledge that I will carry throughout my career. Additional training on 401k, loans, 403b, and advanced mutual funds trades was also taught within the first year of working at Pioneer investments. The office management was poor and there was very little room for advancement once reaching the senior CSR level. The office that I worked in eventually closed.
Pros
extensive training, benefits
Cons
hours, management, strict office rules
Talented people in a collaborative environment
Compliance Analyst-Tax Reporting (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 12, 2017
Great company to work for with room for advancement. Compensation is varied by department/position and location. Lots of talented employees with a collaborative environment.
Productive environment encouraging of learning
Human Resources Intern (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 15, 2017
I really enjoy the people I work with, and I have obtained valuable skills necessary to work in a corporate environment. I have been able to shadow various professionals and build in areas of interest.
Pros
Understanding of school committment
Cons
Wage
You can definitely do better elsewhere...
Sales and Distribution (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 8, 2017
Pioneer has a track record of offering poor salaries, settling for mediocre talent and hoping for a few diamonds in the rough to stay with the company. Pioneer displays poor communication, especially from Human Resources department, low salary, and short staff due to several workforce reductions in past years. There is also an unstable environment; sale to Amundi is causing concern with likely layoffs.
Pros
Office location, friendly co-workers
Cons
Low Pay. Lack of respect for the staff, widespread problems with morale and high staff turnover. Stress, fatigue and burn-out.
Great Company
SALES REPORTING ANALYST - INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 28, 2017
Great company to work for. Work/Balance is great.
Management is very understanding and supportive. Learned a lot about wholesalers operations.
Productive and excellent learning environment
Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 17, 2017
Pioneer Investments was an excellent place to learn about the investments and securities industry for a beginner like me. It was a very business-casual environment and the other employees were very open and welcoming. As a risk analyst, I was trained at Pioneer to use programs like Barclay's POINT, Blackrock's Aladdin, and Bloomberg to compile reports to help monitor the day-to-day risk measurements of various portfolios. While I officially worked under Fixed-Income risk, I was also given the opportunity to work closely with Performance and Counter-Party Risk. Being new to this environment and industry, the learning curve proved to be steep at first but it was also very enjoyable: there were always things to learn and questions to ask. My managers were more than happy to provide feedback and my coworkers were very eager to answer numerous questions.
Co-Op Internship
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 24, 2016
Pioneer gets a lot of interns. They are a great company with very nice people. However, for young college students, it can feel very slow and lacking of mentorship.
Enjoyed the people
Sr. Service Rep, Shareholder Services (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 11, 2016
Taking inbound calls and processing financial transactions for shareholders, financial advisors, and reps assistants. Worked with various retirement plans.
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
Commuting to work via the subway train
I loved my job.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 4, 2015
Answered telephone, learned importance of confidentiality, management/co-workers great, did not like that it was temporary position, loved the environment.
Pros
Great people
Cons
It was only a temporary job
good management and training, little opportunity for advancement
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 27, 2015
good management and training, little opportunity for advancement in Omaha area compensation not in line with industry
Great company to work for, great benefits
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Omaha NeOctober 23, 2015
the company has great benefits, not much room for advancement in the Omaha office however the Omaha office will be closing in November.
benefits
Cons
Omaha office closing
A decent place to work - while it lasted
Legal Correspondent (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 10, 2015
Pioneer is a friendly, results-driven environment. Associates are given adequate tools for success, and are held to reasonable standards given the somewhat overwhelming knowledge required for the position. Unfortunately, a recent corporate merger has led to the business decision to close the division in which I work as of November, 2015.
Pros
Great benefits/PTO, decent pay
Cons
Office environment is drab (no windows in the building)
Productive Experience
Manager of Administration Services (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 7, 2015
A good experience, learned a lot about investments, and peers.
Put to the test my ability to multitask as the work load was challenging but I was able to complete my task and beyond.
Meet incredible people many of them are friends.
I left because of a restructuring, however in the long term it was hard to grow as the Miami office is relatively small.
Pros
attend investment conferences
Cons
management was a bit disorganized
A medium sized mutual fund company with great people
Senior Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 19, 2014
Pioneer is a medium sized, Boston based mutual fund company. During my time there I had great coworkers and direct managers.
Dealer Services Representative II
Dealer Services Representative II (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 26, 2013
Performed essential day-to-day operations with a focus on overseeing broker dealers who sold company products.
Conducted in-depth assessments and management of brokers, including ensuring brokers stayed abreast of current services and products.
Ensured that brokers strictly complied with internal policies and procedures, as well as government rules and regulations.
good work/life balance, but
Investment Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 19, 2013
A little low on pay and internal mobility. Laid back environment, with good benefits
Retirement Plans Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 19, 2013