Pioneer Landscape Centers Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great place
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 13, 2018
I loved my Job with this company. I wish I was still working with them but due to a shut down of the railroad division multiple people were let go due to this shut down including my supervisors and main boss.
Pros
great peopel
Cons
not with them anymore
Downsizing
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COAugust 8, 2018
They talk about growth and then lay people off. The office is nice and the people are fun. The management is all over the place without consistent direction.
Company is moving fast with little communication
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COJuly 11, 2018
Processes are changing fast with little communication outside of “here you go.” No training on new programs, and are left to figure it out as you go. Management is reasonable about personal situations but if those plague you enough and they decide your out, FMLA will not help you. They will pick on every minor detail even if they have bigger issues to worry about or at least point to them to avoid an unemployment claim no matter your productivity.
Pros
Energetic Management, Corporate Culture, Their People
Cons
Communication between stores and HQ, Lack of training on new procedures and software
Disorganized, Unmotivational, Unbalanced work environment.
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COMay 22, 2018
The best part of being employed at Pioneer was the complimentary fruit provided to the employees. Other than that the company was very unorganized, which made me fill unmotivated to get anything accomplished. Management was unbalanced and spoke badly of each other behind their backs. Which gave me a feeling of distrust, of Management and fellow employees. We were told that we were expanding and the business will be very prosperous. Then, only to get told I was getting let go, because there wasn't enough work. After,
they let me go, they hired someone else to replace me. Which does not make any sense! I already knew the programs, and my Manager told me I was doing great! So, don't know what happen! All I know is be careful, if you get a job there. Very untrusting, unloyal, untruthful company.
Pros
Complimentary Fruit
Cons
Let people go for no reason.
Eh
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 12, 2018
Management is terrible pay is trash they want to cut corners on everything the new CEO is stupid sold the trucking side of things and maintenance which is just asinine
Alot of turnovers bad management
Tandem driver (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COMarch 23, 2018
I actuallyliked my job (driver). Great lower employees. Managment does not care about the real employees. Trucks are junk breaking down alot. And forget about a life in the summer you dont have one.
Got Bought Out
HR Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 8, 2018
After they got bought out they went downhill really quickly. Provided a good stepping stone to get the experience I needed but would not recommend that anyone work here.
Easy job
Supervisor Jason Ulmer (Current Employee) –  ColoradoFebruary 22, 2018
This job is by far one of easy job. The down call is the company seems to be going down hill with everything going on. The new CEO is selling it off so I need to find a new job fast.
Fun, competitive culture, rapidly expanding with tons of opportunity
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  ColoradoFebruary 16, 2018
For 50 years, Pioneer as a company largely avoided change or evolution in it's approach to business. Starting with the hire of a new CEO last summer, Pioneer has begun a much needed overhaul of almost everything within the organization. Pay was reviewed and adjusted to give employees a fair wage, and to be more competitive in the market. The color scheme was changed to represent a shift in culture and mindset. Stores have been encouraged to have friendly competitions with one another. Multiple large scale projects have been invested in to help bring in new business and better serve customers; including a "Fast Lane" that allows for rapid movement of contractors through the facility, and a "Marketplace" that allows homeowners/Do-It-Yourself'ers to find and sample products safely and easily.

The company has spent tens of thousands of dollars on fun events, training, and team building for employees over the past few months. They have made it a clear focus to give employees great morale and a fantastic place to work.

Finally, Pioneer is set to expand greatly over the next few years. With that comes a wealth of new opportunities. Pioneer has made it clear that it will reward top performers with the first shot at these new roles.
Pros
Culture, Competitive, Evolving, Growing
Too cut throat. Everyone thinks your after their job.
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 7, 2018
I never worked in the possion Pioneer Sand hired me for. They asked if I would mind operating equipment for a couple weeks then you could supervise projects.
Good company to work for
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COJanuary 23, 2018
Good colleagues to work with and very nice manager and relaxed and fun work environment. Enjoying my time at Pioneer as an accounts payable processor and always can recommend it.
Little training and negative atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 9, 2018
The work culture is horrendous. Hardly any training and are expected to take additional workload because of the constant lack of employees. No respect from sales people or truck drivers and everyone talks behind everyone’s backs. Long works hours and with no lunch breaks because there are never enough people to cover.
na
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Monument, CODecember 24, 2017
Typical day involves getting company trucks loaded with correct material, weighed out and getting them the correct paperwork to be on their way to their deliveries on time.
Working with landscapers to get them the materials they needed for their jobs they were working on at the time.
Working with homeowners to correctly identify the materials they were looking for and helping them calculate out how much of said material they would need for their projects they were working on or starting.
Making tickets in a system called NAV for customer deliveries.
Very fast paced. great coworkers, really nice customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Longmont, CONovember 25, 2017
This is a fast paced company during spring ,summer and fall. A lot of products to learn. Good quality. We opened at 7 am and closed at 6 pm. Open 7 days a week for most of the year.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Dusty job
Branch Manager / Salesman (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 19, 2017
Multiple construction and construction related positions available in several states. Interface with commercial contractors as well the individual homeowner
Fast paced company that is constantly improving
Procurement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, CONovember 17, 2017
After several changes, this company is turning itself around, and it is doing so aggressively and quickly and in a good way. The culture is more fun, and competitive than it has ever been and it makes people work harder which in turn produces results within the company and provides MANY opportunities for advancement. In addition, I feel like the company has reinvested in its employees to let them know that they are important and a crucial part of the bigger picture, because they are, and it shows.
Stress and frustration is a part of work life anywhere and for every company, but the culture here has been built up to where individuals help others to accomplish and achieve the goals that need to be reached.
There has been many changes at the executive level which has contributed to changes in personnel, however this is not a negative thing as the company is growing so fast and departments need to be expanded.
Pros
Competitive environment, growth-driven, teamwork oriented, Fast paced but relaxed
Cons
Insurance options are limited, changes in personnel can create some confusion at times
friendly enviornment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 2, 2017
Pioneer Sand Company is a wonderful company to work for. Now these past few months our company has undergone some hard changes such as pay cut, hiring freeze, lack of communication, cut hours and so forth. Management has also changed as well so things are rough as of right now. Pioneer has cut monthly commission checks.
Pros
great employee's
Cons
cut pay, cut hours, cut commison checks
Great Job, Great employees but there is not a lot of room for advancement
Sales Representative/Scale House Operator (Current Employee) –  Berthoud, COSeptember 26, 2017
My current position with Pioneer Landscape centers is a good one. I enjoy the position I hold and the interaction with the customers and their needs but am looking for a full time position that has more room for advancement and pay.
Under New ownership
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZSeptember 19, 2017
The ownership and management changed in 2015. The culture ultimately changed and they closed the administrative offices in AZ with less than 30 days notice.
Pros
Cons
They don't care about employees or customers
Good and fun workplace but challenged me physically
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COAugust 30, 2017
The job requirements had me lifting a lot of heavy objects and physical work. The thing about this job at pioneer is that you need to have a certain type of motivation to complete your work every day and I felt I did that.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pioneer Landscape Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight