Pioneer Metal Finishing Employee Reviews

Ovoid this terrible company like the plague!
Racker/Packer (Former Employee) –  New Hope, MNAugust 20, 2018
.Pioneer has a terrible business model.
.Managment doesn't care about employees. They only pretend to.
.Production must work 10 hour days 6 days a week and 8 hours on Sunday.
.Employees are treated with disrespect by the management.
.Pioneer makes it impossible to have a private family life.
.Managment is inconsistent and change procedures but not the paperwork.
.Delusional management is always trying hard to spin straw into gold.
.They look for someone to blame when their unrealistic goals aren't met.
.Some employees will backstab when management goes on their witch hunt.
.Witch hunts even take down supervisors, team-leads, and office personnel.
.Turnover of employees is very high. This includes management.
.Pioneer values only apply to production workers and not to the management.
.Managment is very dishonest and have no ethics. They're morally bankrupt.
.Pioneer practices nepotism and wage theft.
.Pioneer forces production to work holiday weekends.
.You will work alongside numerous ex-felons.
.Both the pay and the morale is very low.
.Working conditions are really hot in the summertime.
.They'll give some workers more responsibility but their meager pay will remain.
.Pioneer will not give a cost of living increases ever.
.Pioneer likes to give food from time to time to appear as though they care.
.Stay far away from this failing company!
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
See my review, there are so many.
Great employees, team environment
Masking (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 13, 2018
Blueprints need to be more clear to read to mask product correctly

Employees handled there jobs professionally when things weren't on the up

Better pay and benefits always help
Pros
Is what it is
Cons
Is what it is
Young management does not know how to run facility
Shipping & Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIAugust 8, 2018
Young Management does not know how to run a facility. Company was cheap about everything. Promoted unqualified people to run departments. Need to have more involvement from corporate office so things run better.
Pioneer is a poorly managed slave labor camp.
Racker/Packer (Former Employee) –  New Hope, MNAugust 5, 2018
Working for Pioneer was the worst job that I have ever had. Management is incompetent and they treat their workers like slaves. They are extremely dishonest and can't be trusted. Employees will never get a cost of living increase!

The building was extremely hot in the summertime and we were not allowed to open the doors on cooler days. The management had unrealistic expectations given the poor pay and the number of hours worked. They look for scapegoats when their unrealistic goals aren't met. They also expect their employees to smile and be grateful to give up their entire personal life for a substandard wage and hot working conditions. Morale is low and stress is high.

They work production six and seven days a week. Veteran employees told me that this was normal business practice for this company to work you nonstop until you either quit or become a silent and obedient slave. Surprisingly, there are some at Pioneer. They even have an authentic uncle Tom. Not kidding!
Pros
Healthcare and free food sometimes.
Cons
Everything else
Excellent to work for!
IT (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 31, 2018
Everyone I worked with @ Pioneer was awesome!

Great people! Great positive enviorment!

Made some very good friends and learned a lot - loved the challenges!

I enjoyed my time there and miss many of the folks I worked with but still try to stay in touch with them.
Pros
Everything but the challenges and learning were the best!
Cons
Personal - my commute was to long & WI winters are no fun....
Relaxed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJuly 11, 2018
relaxed work place culture

Painting shop

Management team was relaxed and easy going

Floor did not work work well with office personnel

Not much to do if business is slow
Pros
small company
Cons
no room for advancement
The management dosent't care if your sick or have a life
Racker/unracker and Manual line operator (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJune 22, 2018
Some people are friendly most will stab you in the back lack of pay increases i also have to work 10 to 14 hours a day 6 days a week the most hour I have work in a 2 week span was 146 hours so to work here you better have no life with nothing else to do.
Pros
Hardly any some people are friendly
Cons
Have no life, hardly any raises, I work between 10 to 14 hours a day
Pioneer Metal Finishing
Line Operator/Backup Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 6, 2018
Not a difficult job, hires lots of people that never stay, constantly understaffed, would suggest to those finishing high school or with no formal continued education to make a fair living.
Pros
Company Appreciation Events, Paid Holidays
Cons
Working with lots of prisoners, low wages
Everything I needed all in one!
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 26, 2018
This was, by far, the job I loved the most. I enjoyed going to NWTC for my Administrative Assistant degree. So when I began this job and realized that everything that I had learned would be utilized in this one job, I was sold!
On a typical day, I would run the daily metrics reports, collect time cards and hours worked by temporary employees. I would work with the staffing agencies when we needed temps to come in. Daily. I ran the weekly new hire orientation, and provided benefits packages to employees when they were eligible. I ordered everything necessary for the entire facility. Created and tracking Purchase orders. And much much more.
Pros
I'm a nerd and loved this work!
Cons
I didn't like leaving to go shopping for items.
Do not work there
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  New Hope, MNApril 16, 2018
They don’t care about your family they only care about them self you will be there every weekend and the will not be there I went to work sick with and I was told to work and rest when you get off
type
Racker (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 13, 2018
ok to work at. typical work is ok. work 6 days a week a lot of the time. always work on a Saturday. plan to not have Saturday off. always make a plan to make a plan.
Productive, good staff and management, very fast paced
Area Leader (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIApril 3, 2018
I really enjoyed working for this company, the staff was fun amd so was management. I liked how my area was fast paced. I would definitely recommend this company to family and friends. The only thing they could improve on is the pay.
Pros
Good staff, treat staff good
Cons
Pay wasnt that good
Dubious business practices and dishonest upper management.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Hope, MNMarch 13, 2018
Pioneer Metal Finishing is the worst run company that I have ever been a part of. Nepotism is common, dubious business practices are the norm, and they make it impossible to have a work-life balance. After my first month of employment, I could clearly see that there was no job security.

People didn't stay long at Pioneer. They had the highest turnover of employees that I had ever seen in my 20 plus year career. The average time for a new employee was less than 5 weeks. They were paid biweekly. It was even worse for temp workers who generally lasted only 2 weeks. It was quite common for them to be fresh out of prison. I fired one who did time for a double homicide. This was an uncomfortable position to be placed in.

When I was hired I was told that I may have to work up to two weekends a month at the most. This was a lie that they told all new employees. The truth is that as a salaried employee I worked nearly every single weekend. All weekend work and overtime were mandatory for production workers. If a worker wanted to have a weekend off, they would have to use either PTO or UPTO, but only if they had either one to use. I worked a minimum of 53 hours per week, not including many full Sundays and after hour meetings that normally lasted 2.5 hours.

I was told to inform all of the employees that from now on, anyone who punches in at 6:00 am, the starting time, were to be documented as being tardy. Yes, they were tardy if they were on time! They were supposed to be at their stations working at 6:00 am. I was informed that all workers must punch in ten minutes before
  more... their shift or they would be considered late. Of course, they would not get paid for this time.

I had never worked in a company that was so impertinent towards its own workforce before. Needless to say, the morale of the workers were as low as Pioneers' business practices. For another example, all performance reviews were rigged. I was told that I couldn't give any employee over a predetermined point score no matter how good I thought they were. The starting pay at Pioneer for production workers was very low for its location. They started at $11.50 per hour and were forced to work almost every weekend along with 10 hour days. McDonald's starts at $15.00 per hour and Amazon starts at $17.50 per hour.

In a meeting about how to prevent the extraordinarily high turn over rate of my staff, I suggested a more competitive starting wage. In rebuttal, I was told that workers were not incentivized by money. What a shockingly delusional statement to utter. I was told this with a straight face twice. I do not advise anyone, no matter how desperate, to entertain the idea of working for this rudderless company.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
You will work all the time, six and seven day weeks are the norm, they take full advantage of salaried employees.
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 5, 2018
There is always a project to work on. You learn something new about the metal finishing business each day.

You must be able to learn and adapt quick. The hardest part of this job is acquiring the knowledge and background to move forward.
Just need better paying job
Inspector (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INFebruary 15, 2018
When i first started out at Pioneer i really liked it..then jobs others didnt want to do i got stuck with...as far as human resources very good communication..but the rest of factory does as little as possible..
Benefits
Cons
Lack of communicarion
Pioneer care more about their profits rather their employees
Masker/Production (Current Employee) –  Monroe, MIDecember 24, 2017
Pioneer refuses to give their employees more money, while the company is doing excellent in profits. Management care more about their monthly profits and would work employees on holiday weekends. Their is a lack of employee appreciation and low employee morale.
Cons
Mandatory overtime all year, low pay raises
Productive work
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIDecember 7, 2017
Fast paced work, easy instructions, decent coworkers/environment, overtime every other weekend, optional over time, testing for better pay, lunch room store
Pros
A chance to do over time
Cons
Pay
Slow paced and easy
Metal Racker (Former Employee) –  Ashwaubenon, WIOctober 26, 2017
Rack and unrack metal per customer orders; working at your own pace. Count and label parts all shift long. Take 3 breaks throughout the shift. Work in a team or alone.
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
Slow paced work envirnoment
Great place
Quality Inspector,packing,various others (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 18, 2017
Great place to work! Day goes by normally super fast. Always something to do. Only think that sucked when I worked there was there wasn't any temperature control in the warehouse where employees work. Great company great place to work
Excited working place
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INOctober 8, 2017
Very good work place. Have really nice benefits program as well as nice bonus checks. Management was pretty good as well. Good safe environment felt safe while working.