Piper Aircraft Inc

Piper Aircraft Inc Employee Reviews

United States94 reviews
To me this is a "pit stop" job. Somewhere to work while you are looking for work. There are quite a few who have made it their carreer, whowever, they are very set in their ways and not open to outsiders ideas of how to better things.
Cons
Bell rings for breaks and lunch. They are not very flexible with their hours.
The typical day is to show up to work on time, ready to work. Be very open minded to learning new things, in order to advance your skill set. Which interns benefits you in the long run here at piper, due to the fact that there is a lot of repetitious work. So paying attention to the details that your trainer or leadperson is showing you, is very valuable & important. Being able to see an entire Airplane built from the first piece of sheet metal, to the final finished Product, is truly amazing.
Pros
Good Benefits. Off Weekends.
Cons
Short Breaks, No Retirement Plans
little to no room to move up multiple positions. Employees needs are not met or mutually agreed upon. In 6 months working there i worked over 8 different shift schedules that they could change at a moments notice, and if you couldn't adhere to the new shift you were terminated. Good luck :)
Pros
Its cool to work on planes i guess. Cafeteria is neat
Cons
everything. Avoid at all costs
Wouldn’t recommend entirely unprofessional, measly pay, poor leadership/ management. Little to no training. Pretty much a free for all. HR is as helpful as the leads and supervisors, in others completely inadequate and uneducated.
As a current apprentice I can assure you that what has been said before is entirely false. Although it did have its rough patches, it’s been a blessing ever since I’ve started. Most people I have trained under have given me what I needed to preform my job well. As long as you show effort and be passionate about learning you’ll have no problem at Piper!
I loved what I was doing, but as soon as there was an issue with one of the more liked employee that was there longer I was treated like I was the one with the issue and I needed to have thicker skin. Due to me having to go to HR more than 2× everyone including HR started saying and implying how im too sensitive. Im sorry but when you have numerous people informing similar issues from the same employee, obviously its the employee thats bullying not the one thats going through the "open door policy" with a compliant.
Pros
Great job, I loved what I was doing and wanted to continue
Cons
Retaliation is horrid there and HR is a joke (they dont care at all)
Great company to work for. But the pay could be a lot better for the field we are in. Compared to other company’s.Lots of overtime .A lot of planes in the schedule which is a good thing that we are doing good.
Pros
Overtime, health benefits
Cons
none.
The Apprenticeship is very poorly planned out. Management claims to have planed it for over a year but it feels like management makes it up as they go
Pros
decent pay and co-workers are usually nice
Cons
poor design, bad management, low team moral, bad communication, below average training
The job was actually very well put together and everybody was very helpful through my whole experience while I was there. The higher ups made it feel very welcome and laid back for the employees
It’s was a great place to work just the people did not make the environment easy to work in. More of a competition then a family but other then that the job was great
Average but not great words can’t tell you everything they expect a lot from employees which is great but pay is low should pay for talent years of service they not
I can't talk about whole Company, but my manager wanted to personally take credit for my work, inventions and ideas while trying to keep me down to the ground. Young guy with only moderate experience came to NX plant trying to switch it to inferior CATIA. Had some ideas, but never consulted them with more experienced people.
Pros
Decent pay. 4x10hrs weeks
Cons
Way over 55 hrs weeks. No support from manager
Piper has a history of over hiring, then having mass layoffs 6 months down the road. This has been happening since at least the 1970s, according to 3 generations of family members. They will start with selective surprise drug testing to try and eliminate employees. If you pass the first time, they'll test you again within a couple weeks. When you pass that, they'll test you again the next month. Whatever they can do to eliminate your position without paying unemployment. The employees are a tight knit group, and if you're in, you're gold. As long as you're over 40. Otherwise, you will get that clique mentality, like Mean Girls meets The Golden Girls. elitist and snobby. I don't recommend this as a career position. You run the risk of disappointment when they lay you off for being the newest employee.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Lay off potential.
New management has no idea how the company functions and is screwing it all up. I had to have brain surgery and used my Fmla. When I can back I had already secretly had been replaced and was told that I could not complete the tasks at hand.
Cons
Flea market planes, absolutely disgusting facilities. Power was going out weekly. Air conditioning barely worked. No separation between fiberglass shop and manufacturing area.
Pros
Its local
Cons
An excellent entry level experience, when I started I found a new career that I will persue for the rest of my professional life. As I write this they are expanding rapidly.
Great supervisors... N superintendent. Great employees... Always i place 2 learn more n grow... Overall it was a wonderful experience i loved getting up in the morning 2 go 2 work for this company
Lack of ethics and control, Doesn't give raises except for the yearly 3 percent. And their idea of a holiday bonus is. Freaking turkey! Dont forget to raise your hand if you are having trouble or need help, just dont expect anybody to come to your aid anytime in the forseeable future. Only good if last resort good luck!!!!
Pros
Good way to destroy your marriage
Cons
Too many too list
The companies history has changed hands various times. It seems the company has a financial curse on it.Many people that work there are always talking how poorly it is managed for many years amongs't many hard workers that have worked there for avery long time.
Pros
some times there are free lunches
Cons
health care benifits has gone bad
Great job loved the work loved expanding my knowledge and learning new And cool things the job was great but they did require mandatory overtime which included sat and Sunday and throughout the week
Pros
Cons
Mandatory weekend overtime
Piper sucks. I think they are a bunch of racist. All white employees move up quickly while the blacks remain in lower ranks. Piper is a slave ship. If you are black , forget Piper.
Pros
Cons
Racism